Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,555)

Showing posts 391,081 - 391,100 of512,036
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be that "the gates of hell" are on this forum speaking out against Jesus Christs One True Church!(In Matthew 16:18 Jesus said that "the gates of hell will not prevail (against His Church). If there is any "trash talking" on this forum, from the very beginning, it has been from Protestants, agnostics and athiests (like you) who are "consistently, beligerently and obnoxiously, condemning, judging, attacking and distorting the TRUTH against the Catholic Church, what it believes and what it teaches, and proclaims as the TRUTH!!! Don't expect me to "pat you on the back" when you and others distort the TRUTH and attack our Catholic Faith as well as my personal relationship to Jesus Christ.
Why do your amazing insights cause you to hold so much hatred for most Americans?

I say again -- why not walk your talk and live in a society that has a majority of "good" Catholics like yourself, and much fewer hated Prots?

When does a person like yourself put your beliefs in action?

Answer: never, because deep inside, you realize the absurdity.

So keep blowing smoke.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>thank you,you gave me the answer i expected,you can not prove a thing,and the history i post is factual,multiple sourced truth,
Oh, you mean "your own" (cherry picked) distorted and bogus sources of 21st century "anti-catholic (so-called history) that is laced with heresy, exaggerations and inaccuracies.! Factual??? Yes--to you whose "only" mission is to attempt to "undermine the truth" of TRUE and AUTHENTICATED Church History! Unsuccessful and "desperate" Anti-catholic heretics like you (others) have "come and gone" for over 2000 years, YET the CHURCH LIVES ON----just like it will CONTINUE to do, despite people like you!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert...thank you for being so respectful....
You wrote:
When one is baptised in water, aren't sins washed away?
Yes, that is what baptism is for...plus, you receive a gift from God...the "gift" of the Holy Spirit aka the "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit...Acts 2:38...
sorry, Hank, but the Bible experiences indicate otherwise. those who received the Holy Ghost were Baptised after they had received that gift. Why is that?

My Experience(John 7:39) which is Biblical also proves that a person doesnt receive the Holy Ghost when they are Baptised in water since mine occurred 9 months and 1 days before I was Baptised in water.

tho Acts 2:38 says to repent, be Baptised and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, at no time is Peter indicating at a certain time when this Experience of this indwelling will occurr.

go by what the Bible clearly indicates ,and that is that no indwelling ever occurred when any person in the Bible was Baptsied.

and not what your church or any other church teaches. go by what the Bible clearly shows.I know what you have been taught and you believe that you have been taught correctly but your teachings and everybody elses teaching must conform to the examples given to us by God Himself.

I know the Bible says that Baptism washes away sin, but it doesnt.it is clearly misunderstood by many. it takes the Blood of Jesus to do that

I saw this article, you might enjoy reading it.http://www.answers2prayer.o rg/bible_questions/Answers/bap tism/wash_away.html

It is clear here that baptism doesn’t wash away sin, but is an outward declaration that we want to live with Jesus who is the only one who can forgive our sins. It cannot be intended that the external rite of baptism was sufficient to make you pure, but that it was an ordinance appointed by Jesus as a public expression of the washing away of sins, or of the purification of the heart.

Forgiveness of sins is obtained solely through faith in the Lord Jesus, Acts 10:43:”All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Baptism is the visible sign of this. Paul summarizes this beautifully in 1 Cor 6:11:“And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”

I like this testimony.

Water baptism is symbolic to the cleansing that must take place in the heart. The actual baptism is your outward expression to show the world that you are now united with Christ because your heart has changed and will continue to hold fast to that which God has told us.(Romans 10:9 -10)

There are only two prerequisites to the cleansing of sin: You must believe in your heart and confess with you mouth that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. With the mouth confession is made and with the heart belief is made. The heart is circumcised into the newness of your new life. Just as Jesus was baptized, so too should we be baptized to show that we are one of His. This says to the world that we are not ashamed of the Gospel for it is the power of salvation to the Jews and to the Gentiles. Thank God for His amazing Grace.

There is but one thing that can wash away our sins: The Blood of Jesus which was shed at Calvary on Golgotha's Hill. The thief on the cross that asked Jesus to remember him was given these words by Jesus, "This day you will be with me in Paradise." He was not baptized. We are baptized out of obedience to the command given by Jesus. We are baptized because we love Him and we want to be like Him. There is power in the Blood. Jesus said "I came to seek and to save them that are lost. All we have to do is to open up and invite Him in and He will come in. Salvation is a free gift to us; all we have to do is invite Jesus in.

Alvertis

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We showed you time and time and time again, the Catholic Church learned about Fatima just like everybody else. From the Portuguese media.
You (of course) ignore everything presented to you, because you're a gay bigot who hates the Catholic Church. You proved to to be the biggest moron on this thread. I watch you get embarrassed one day. Then wake up the next like nothing happened. Carrying on looking stupid.
Hey, could you tell us that cute story about how your parents made you go to church every Sunday. But when your protestant friend wanted to go with, they said no!! Lol. I found that weird, because last year you said you JUST found out you were baptized catholic but weren't raised in the faith. Oops. It helps to not lie so you don't get caught..
Angry little name-caller, you are once again confused and can only resort to lies in order to avert attention to the truth.

FACT -- The Catholic church obtained their information directly from the source, but kept it quiet for 24 years -- because???

FACT -- Then well after WW2 had begun, the RCC released this "amazing message" from Mary a few weeks after Mussolini's allies invaded Russia.

FACT -- In 1917, Mary supposedly threatened the world with WW2 unless, but the world is not informed until after the fact!!!

QUESTION -- Why would the RCC sit on such a warning to the world, until it was politically useful to them, thus allowing 50 million humans die per Mary supposed vengeance.

ANSWER -- the same reason the RCC sat on the "3rd Secret" for decades longer. It was all baloney and they knew it. But in their zeal, they turned Mary into a shameless, threatening narcissist.

YOUR CHURCH LIED. Mary never caused WW2. Mary never caused millions of innocent Chinese to be killed. Mary never caused millions of innocent Russian peasants to be killed. The RCC was just using Mary to appease Mussolini and his best buddy -- and to further their own agenda.

Shameful and evil, just like child sex abuse. Too bad your so-called church is so immoral.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't confused FM - although you do bring up specific points that are valid when debunking a belief and to show how it is unfounded.
Keep it up - you are most welcome here.
Thank you NASL. That is why I (and others) are hated and persecuted here.

I tell the truth.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
I just don't have anything positive to respond to you here, without repeating myself.
:)
No, try again....

Why would you make a blanket statement about people you know nothing personally about and ONLY because they don't accept the belief of YOUR deity? Most I am sure live productive lives, follow the laws of the land, just like you, but just because they decided or their families decided that they had no belief in a higher power how does that make them fools?

MAYBE -- you wouldn't be filled with so much blind hatred -- if your belief system made sense.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I see our mistake! We are reading the bible! We should only be reading a few, preselected, verses!
A catholic knows that a man laying with a man as he would a women is wrong! But a trusted priest butt raping a young boy... god never said a word against that!!!
God also said that we should not bare false witness... but he never said anything about killing, bribing, threatening or hiding the the witness!
See! We just don't understand the bible. It's all there, you just have to know how to interpret, rationalize, twist, and/or ignore the written word!
We are told we should not read the Bible because we don't know which passages to ignore and which to accept.

My, how the Bible makes God out as some sort of angry little god, filled with weak human emotions.

It's as if God was stuck in an early Iron Age mentality and codified this mentality for all time.

Baloney.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Philip went into Samaria to preach the Gospel there. While he was there, miracles and wonders occurred by his ministry, and demons were cast out of many people. As a result they were baptized.
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

They supposedly already "received" the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:14-16 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Here is what occurred after the two apostles arrived.

Acts 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

The above experience shows us that one does not "receive the Holy Ghost" automatically when one is baptized
DEFENDER of Blessed MARY

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey don't get mad at me cuz you're too stupid to read and comprehend things.
At Fatima, the Miracle of The Sun took place.
This is a profound Miracle where God revealed His existence with a terrifying yet beautiful display in the sky...at the exact time three children said it would. Coincidence?
Yet, your free mind focusses on an apparent prophecy that a child declared the Blessed Mother said.
This is typical of gay Ideologues like yourself. Can you say A G E N D A?
Lol
Sorry angry little man, not my focus.

Sorry, but it is your gay church that continues to promote this nonsense as an "approved" miracle and one that it continues to exploit for profit.

It is your gay church that made the call to release Mary's supposed words to mankind in the first place -- 24 years after the fact no less.

I am only here to defend Mary against the RCC's shameful slander.

So when are you going to defend Mary against the RCC lies?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Please remember our family your prayrs.

My brother's son,Michael Paul is dying as I type.

He is only 43 yrs old.

My brother lost his wife and their chidren lost their mother this time last year.

Also,remember his mother's family.

I feel so sad for my brother.I know what it is to lose a child.

Thank you and God bless.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry little name-caller, you are once again confused and can only resort to lies in order to avert attention to the truth.
FACT -- The Catholic church obtained their information directly from the source, but kept it quiet for 24 years -- because???
FACT -- Then well after WW2 had begun, the RCC released this "amazing message" from Mary a few weeks after Mussolini's allies invaded Russia.
FACT -- In 1917, Mary supposedly threatened the world with WW2 unless, but the world is not informed until after the fact!!!
QUESTION -- Why would the RCC sit on such a warning to the world, until it was politically useful to them, thus allowing 50 million humans die per Mary supposed vengeance.
ANSWER -- the same reason the RCC sat on the "3rd Secret" for decades longer. It was all baloney and they knew it. But in their zeal, they turned Mary into a shameless, threatening narcissist.
YOUR CHURCH LIED. Mary never caused WW2. Mary never caused millions of innocent Chinese to be killed. Mary never caused millions of innocent Russian peasants to be killed. The RCC was just using Mary to appease Mussolini and his best buddy -- and to further their own agenda.
Shameful and evil, just like child sex abuse. Too bad your so-called church is so immoral.
Kookoo kookoo

so the Miracle of the Sun never happened?

That's fine. You don't have to believe it and neither do I....not a big deal.

I understand your obsession with these supposed secrets. But you're forgetting about the actual Miracle.
Did the Church fly a plane through the clouds?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
He is only 43 yrs old.
My brother lost his wife and their chidren lost their mother this time last year.
Thank you and God bless.
FOL. I am sorry your brother is going through so much, I sure will be praying for you all In Jesus name. God Bless you all
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
Philip went into Samaria to preach the Gospel there. While he was there, miracles and wonders occurred by his ministry, and demons were cast out of many people. As a result they were baptized.
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
They supposedly already "received" the Holy Ghost.
Acts 8:14-16 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Here is what occurred after the two apostles arrived.
Acts 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
The above experience shows us that one does not "receive the Holy Ghost" automatically when one is baptized
NOw maybe some of you people will understand why I say that those who get saved receive the "spirit" of Christ instead of being Baptised or Filled with the Holy Ghost.

and people like marge doesnt know what she is talking about.there is a difference between receiving the "spirit" of Christ and being filled with the Holy Ghost
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony>>>/// /???
See my post #405782.

I really don't understand why evangelicals and fundamentalists think "the gospel" can be condensed to a single paragraph bandied about in some slogan. If that were the case, why bother with a bible?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism doesn't guarantee salvation. No, I don't think the bad popes, if they died unrepentent, are in heaven. Many self-described 'born again' and 'saved' evangelicals are ungodly and unchristian. That's why belief in OSAS is so dangerous.
RESPONSE:...Interesting. Then what do you believe was the state of the RCC during the reign of these ungodly men? Do you believe that a non-christian is indwelt with the holy Spirit? Do you believe that the Holy Spirit guides lost people? Do you believe that one of these lost,unchristian people could be the 'VICAR of CHRIST'?
I'll repeat my response since you seem to have missed it the first time;

Why is it interesting that there were bad popes? There are bad evangelical leaders who say they're saved.

I've asked you this before, but you refused to answer; if an evangelical preacher is having an adulterous affair with one of his congregants, does that mean the gospel he preaches on Sunday is false?

The Church is guided by the Holy Spirit, these men WITHIN the Church were sinners like all of us. While their actions were sinful, the Church has always taught the gospel faithfully.

I think it's only fair that you show me the same courtesy I show you and answer my questions. Thanks.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
We are told we should not read the Bible because we don't know which passages to ignore and which to accept.
My, how the Bible makes God out as some sort of angry little god, filled with weak human emotions.
It's as if God was stuck in an early Iron Age mentality and codified this mentality for all time.
Baloney.
What on earth are you ranting about here? Since when are we told to read only select readings or scriptures,you can read the whole bible ,every word,for a year,or 6 months if it behooves you to do such.You are a free agent and can read any type of book,belong to any sort of religious affiliationa and so on and so forth.

I have never felt restricted in any church I have ever attended including the Catholic,to not read any part of the Bible.The Bible is a blueprint for the Kingdom of God,a long message if you will to introduce the reader to the condition of humanity through God's EYES!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, Hank, but the Bible experiences indicate otherwise. those who received the Holy Ghost were Baptised after they had received that gift. Why is that?
My Experience(John 7:39) which is Biblical also proves that a person doesnt receive the Holy Ghost when they are Baptised in water since mine occurred 9 months and 1 days before I was Baptised in water.
tho Acts 2:38 says to repent, be Baptised and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, at no time is Peter indicating at a certain time when this Experience of this indwelling will occurr.
go by what the Bible clearly indicates ,and that is that no indwelling ever occurred when any person in the Bible was Baptsied.
and not what your church or any other church teaches. go by what the Bible clearly shows.I know what you have been taught and you believe that you have been taught correctly but your teachings and everybody elses teaching must conform to the examples given to us by God Himself.
I know the Bible says that Baptism washes away sin, but it doesnt.it is clearly misunderstood by many. it takes the Blood of Jesus to do that
I saw this article, you might enjoy reading it.http://www.answers2prayer.o rg/bible_questions/Answers/bap tism/wash_away.html
It is clear here that baptism doesn’t wash away sin, but is an outward declaration that we want to live with Jesus who is the only one who can forgive our sins. It cannot be intended that the external rite of baptism was sufficient to make you pure, but that it was an ordinance appointed by Jesus as a public expression of the washing away of sins, or of the purification of the heart.
Forgiveness of sins is obtained solely through faith in the Lord Jesus, Acts 10:43:”All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."
Baptism is the visible sign of this. Paul summarizes this beautifully in 1 Cor 6:11:“And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
I like this testimony.
Water baptism is symbolic to the cleansing that must take place in the heart. The actual baptism is your outward expression to show the world that you are now united with Christ because your heart has changed and will continue to hold fast to that which God has told us.(Romans 10:9 -10)

Acts 10:44-48

King James Version (KJV)

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
He is only 43 yrs old.
Thank you and God bless.
God's Will is to go through whatever you are going through with Y O U! It is not for me or anyone else to tell you how God is going to demonstrate His power in the lives of your relatives,so all we can do is pray,as you suggested.

Nevertheless,I can agree with you in JESUS' Holy and Matchless Name,that He will enter the lives of your relatives,and cause them to seek God's answer for them at this time.May the LORD give them the gift of faith to stand with Him as He desires to be with your relatives in this time of suffering.Whether your nephew will be healed or sent to his final reward,it is in God's hands,may the LORD grant your nephew the faith to be saved and be released,or have the faith to believe in his healing.Only God knows how that will happen.

The LORD richly bless you fol,as you pray on this end.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
He is only 43 yrs old.
Thank you and God bless.
Prayers going up. Sorry to hear about your nephew.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>NOw maybe some of you people will understand why I say that those who get saved receive the "spirit" of Christ instead of being Baptised or Filled with the Holy Ghost.
and people like marge doesnt know what she is talking about.there is a difference between receiving the "spirit" of Christ and being filled with the Holy Ghost
No matter how it is put,or the words used to describe the inner workings of the Spirit in our lives,we need desparately to be saved,to walk in the spirit of Christ,to have His Mind in ours as we grow in grace,and we need the infilling of the Holy Spirit.God knows how to give what is GOOD and Holy to all of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 391,081 - 391,100 of512,036
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••