Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
390,981 - 391,000 of 537,376 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, Hank, but the Bible experiences indicate otherwise. those who received the Holy Ghost were Baptised after they had received that gift. Why is that?
My Experience(John 7:39) which is Biblical also proves that a person doesnt receive the Holy Ghost when they are Baptised in water since mine occurred 9 months and 1 days before I was Baptised in water.
tho Acts 2:38 says to repent, be Baptised and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, at no time is Peter indicating at a certain time when this Experience of this indwelling will occurr.
go by what the Bible clearly indicates ,and that is that no indwelling ever occurred when any person in the Bible was Baptsied.
and not what your church or any other church teaches. go by what the Bible clearly shows.I know what you have been taught and you believe that you have been taught correctly but your teachings and everybody elses teaching must conform to the examples given to us by God Himself.
I know the Bible says that Baptism washes away sin, but it doesnt.it is clearly misunderstood by many. it takes the Blood of Jesus to do that
I saw this article, you might enjoy reading it.http://www.answers2prayer.o rg/bible_questions/Answers/bap tism/wash_away.html
It is clear here that baptism doesn’t wash away sin, but is an outward declaration that we want to live with Jesus who is the only one who can forgive our sins. It cannot be intended that the external rite of baptism was sufficient to make you pure, but that it was an ordinance appointed by Jesus as a public expression of the washing away of sins, or of the purification of the heart.
Forgiveness of sins is obtained solely through faith in the Lord Jesus, Acts 10:43:”All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."
Baptism is the visible sign of this. Paul summarizes this beautifully in 1 Cor 6:11:“And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
I like this testimony.
Water baptism is symbolic to the cleansing that must take place in the heart. The actual baptism is your outward expression to show the world that you are now united with Christ because your heart has changed and will continue to hold fast to that which God has told us.(Romans 10:9 -10)

Acts 10:44-48

King James Version (KJV)

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
Please remember our family your prayrs.
My brother's son,Michael Paul is dying as I type.
He is only 43 yrs old.
My brother lost his wife and their chidren lost their mother this time last year.
Also,remember his mother's family.
I feel so sad for my brother.I know what it is to lose a child.
Thank you and God bless.
God's Will is to go through whatever you are going through with Y O U! It is not for me or anyone else to tell you how God is going to demonstrate His power in the lives of your relatives,so all we can do is pray,as you suggested.

Nevertheless,I can agree with you in JESUS' Holy and Matchless Name,that He will enter the lives of your relatives,and cause them to seek God's answer for them at this time.May the LORD give them the gift of faith to stand with Him as He desires to be with your relatives in this time of suffering.Whether your nephew will be healed or sent to his final reward,it is in God's hands,may the LORD grant your nephew the faith to be saved and be released,or have the faith to believe in his healing.Only God knows how that will happen.

The LORD richly bless you fol,as you pray on this end.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
Please remember our family your prayrs.
My brother's son,Michael Paul is dying as I type.
He is only 43 yrs old.
My brother lost his wife and their chidren lost their mother this time last year.
Also,remember his mother's family.
I feel so sad for my brother.I know what it is to lose a child.
Thank you and God bless.
Prayers going up. Sorry to hear about your nephew.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>NOw maybe some of you people will understand why I say that those who get saved receive the "spirit" of Christ instead of being Baptised or Filled with the Holy Ghost.
and people like marge doesnt know what she is talking about.there is a difference between receiving the "spirit" of Christ and being filled with the Holy Ghost
No matter how it is put,or the words used to describe the inner workings of the Spirit in our lives,we need desparately to be saved,to walk in the spirit of Christ,to have His Mind in ours as we grow in grace,and we need the infilling of the Holy Spirit.God knows how to give what is GOOD and Holy to all of us.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

They Baptize in Jesus Name per scriptures

Joh 3:5 KJV Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 8:12-16 KJV 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done. 14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Act 9:18 KJV And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Act 10:47-48 KJV 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 19:1-5 KJV And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, 2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John’s baptism. 4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Act 22:12-16 KJV 12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, 13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. 15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

continued
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

continued
Rom 6:3-6 KJV 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Col 2:11-14 KJV 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

1Pe 3:21 KJV The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

1Jo 2:12 KJV I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.

Colossians 2:9

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For in him dwells all the fullness of the Deity bodily.

American King James Version
For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

2 Corinthians 5:19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Colossians 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

I do not see where they deny the trinity at all.
I also believe either way of being baptised is ok Father, Son and Holy Ghost in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is how I was Baptised by a Southern Baptist Minister believe it or not.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then what does baptism do?"
985 Baptism is the first and chief sacrament of the forgiveness of sins: it unites us to Christ, who died and rose, and gives us the Holy Spirit.
1279 The fruit of Baptism, or baptismal grace, is a rich reality that includes forgiveness of original sin and all personal sins, birth into the new life by which man becomes an adoptive son of the Father, a member of Christ and a temple of the Holy Spirit. By this very fact the person baptized is incorporated into the Church, the Body of Christ, and made a sharer in the priesthood of Christ.
1280 Baptism imprints on the soul an indelible spiritual sign, the character, which consecrates the baptized person for Christian worship. Because of the character Baptism cannot be repeated (cf. DS 1609 and DS 1624).
"And what does gaurantee salvation?"
We are not "guaranteed" salvation, we have confindence in Christ's promise of salvation.
" "As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)." "
Every Christian expression of faith on this planet includes the mandate that we must walk in sobriety,not living as those who are without hope,but to walk circumspectly.

It is common sense to realize that this walk of faith as believers includes resisting the DEVIL,and disciplining our own hearts,souls,minds in Christ. His salvation is sure and Holy,and altogether lovely.It was for us that we are brought into a saving knowledge of Christ,but to just stand around and expect the Lord Jesus to perfect us without our efforts as well,seems again to return one to a robotic stage of mindset.

We are not robots and our free will is in active mode till we take our last breath,so how is it that our concerted effort to live a holy life is not expected of us?

Being saved means that we have entered a NEW LIFE with Christ,it does not mean that we have become perfect beings.It is a long life of surrender,not to salvation,but to the WILL of HIM who was sent by GOD.We embrace His salvation His remedy for sin,and His ability to be our only salvation,than we join with Him in the arduous task of walking in that Light till we die.

Who said it was easy? Who said that we just prance along as dopey little followers,living in fantasy worlds?If there are those who do so,they are not reading the Word,and they do not have a clue about FREE WILL!

What is so marvelous about our salvation,is that God works together with us to walk in NEWNESS of Life,as we surrender our free will to Him daily,we learn about Him,and from glory to glory He changes us.

That is why also Anthony we need the rest of the Body of Christ.As we struggle with our flesh and sin,also our free will,we see as examples our brothers and sisters in Christ who walk by faith.There is nothing like being mentored in Christ.How wonderful are the feet of those who publish good news,and how wonderful to be in a Family of believers who not perfect learn together to walk with HIM who is able to save from the uttermost to the uttermost!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Every Christian expression of faith on this planet includes the mandate that we must walk in sobriety,not living as those who are without hope,but to walk circumspectly.
It is common sense to realize that this walk of faith as believers includes resisting the DEVIL,and disciplining our own hearts,souls,minds in Christ. His salvation is sure and Holy,and altogether lovely.It was for us that we are brought into a saving knowledge of Christ,but to just stand around and expect the Lord Jesus to perfect us without our efforts as well,seems again to return one to a robotic stage of mindset.
We are not robots and our free will is in active mode till we take our last breath,so how is it that our concerted effort to live a holy life is not expected of us?
Being saved means that we have entered a NEW LIFE with Christ,it does not mean that we have become perfect beings.It is a long life of surrender,not to salvation,but to the WILL of HIM who was sent by GOD.We embrace His salvation His remedy for sin,and His ability to be our only salvation,than we join with Him in the arduous task of walking in that Light till we die.
Who said it was easy? Who said that we just prance along as dopey little followers,living in fantasy worlds?If there are those who do so,they are not reading the Word,and they do not have a clue about FREE WILL!
What is so marvelous about our salvation,is that God works together with us to walk in NEWNESS of Life,as we surrender our free will to Him daily,we learn about Him,and from glory to glory He changes us.
That is why also Anthony we need the rest of the Body of Christ.As we struggle with our flesh and sin,also our free will,we see as examples our brothers and sisters in Christ who walk by faith.There is nothing like being mentored in Christ.How wonderful are the feet of those who publish good news,and how wonderful to be in a Family of believers who not perfect learn together to walk with HIM who is able to save from the uttermost to the uttermost!
What, no stories about bad priests and the corrupt Catholic hierarchy?

This must be the "nice Dan" day....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

DEFENDER of Blessed MARY wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry angry little man, not my focus.
Sorry, but it is your gay church that continues to promote this nonsense as an "approved" miracle and one that it continues to exploit for profit.
It is your gay church that made the call to release Mary's supposed words to mankind in the first place -- 24 years after the fact no less.
I am only here to defend Mary against the RCC's shameful slander.
So when are you going to defend Mary against the RCC lies?
You might have bit off more than you can chew on this topic you choose here Free Mind.

Catholics do not want to believe that Mary was an ordinary woman,the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception already launches Mary into that semi divine state no other human being can enter.

I have always believed that Mary being a Jewish woman,born in sin as the rest of us,is even with a greater testimony of faith in regards to her Son.Because it was in her virginity that He was kept in a holy state,and since sin is passed through the male seed,the woman' virgin state is the sacred temple of His conception.

Mary's compliance with allowing her body to receive that Holy Seed from God the Holy Spirit,knew her state as the Handmaiden of the LORD.She knew that God is her Savior,and that His using her in the Holiest Plan of Salvation,includes hher salvation as well,and what greater testimony could Mary have than to not only know the Savior but to be saved from sin herself.

Mary represents humanity in a way that no other woman could possibly know,she bears in her womb the Holy Child Jesus,and she is saved from sin,knowing the new life within,but actually experiencing the full pregnancy of God the Son in her body.What could be more blessed,no other woman can testify to the magnitude of what Mary experiences in the full development of the Life of Christ in her womb in the state of pregnancy.

It is more glorious that Mary like all women born of human flesh was saved from sin,and was chosen to bear in her body the Holy One of Israel. Sin is of no obstacle to God her Father,as she yielded complete contro of her body and soul to HIM who saves,as He is the only Savior.Jesus would be the ONE who had to purchase our salvation with His own body,flesh and blood.But Mary had the priviledge to experience salvation from sin through the Father,the prophet Isaiah calls the ONLY Savior.

Mary is blessed,beyond words with the magnitude of her salvation from sin,and being the Mother of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,who laid down His life for our salvation.It is doubly wondrous for Mary in that she experienced from the Father salvation,and she later watches her beloved Son go through the horrible torture of His entire being for the salvation of all humanity!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder... How does one find out something that they don't know? Maybe a little research would do the trick? Naw! Maybe some self-adulation would work?
Why would I worry about what you think of my writings? You don't seem to worry too much about what the bible says; unless of course it agrees with your point of view, then it is as if god is speaking directly to you! But if you do not like it; then there is something wrong with the reader, the translation, or some other such bullshit.
No worries. I will just quote your god.
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
TBS

Being correctly educated is a problem....
When a person judges from experience and an incorrect education, the result is the quandry you find yourself in....Thus you can't research out the truth, and everything just "seems", or is an "opinion".

I am not worried about your writings. I am not worried about the Bible. But your answer, as you write..., "seem" to think I am.

I am in your debt however, as I am appreciating how much more progressive God is in dealing with "slavery" contrasted with other cultures at the time this verse(you like so much,lol)/law was given....Just a note, slavery as we perceive the word today is not the same as when this law was written.(I would explain further, but...,

since what I write means nothing to you. I will keep silent.)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this post wasn't to me, but it did catch my eye as a helpful starting point for others.
It is good to ask questions.....but more importantly, it is also good to be able to understand them as well.
<quoted text>
How do you know this? Is this a perception you acquired through your studies of various cultures, or just throguh the CCC?
I don't think anyone can answer in the way you expect, unless they know the mind of "God", like you imply you do - so why express it with such veracity?
<quoted text>
WOW!! Where does this come from?
Citation please.
<quoted text>
If a little one never did anything to anyone, in order for it to be justified 'to be saved through baptism', what does it matter?
Are you thinking that baptism secures salvation for infants, until they can make their Confirmation of that baptism?
Wouldn't you think that "God", if the baby died before it was baptised, would still accept the baby, instead of "God" sending "His" new creation straight to some unfounded "place of torment"?
Doesn't sound like you have much 'faith' in your "God" to do the right thing at all.
<quoted text>
If you had used GoThomas, you will see that Jesus explains the meaning of the "seed":
(20)
(1) The disciples said to Jesus: "Tell us whom the kingdom of heaven is like!"
(2) He said to them: "It is like a mustard seed.
(3) <It> is the smallest of all seeds.
(4) But when it falls on cultivated soil, it produces a large branch (and) becomes shelter for the birds of the sky."
Do you have an different opinion of the meaning behind this seed?
<quoted text>
I don't. Water in many cultures and in antiquity represents:
- cleansing
- love
- purity
- life
NASL

Since you want this as a starting point for others, I will not comment.

:)
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post #405782.
I really don't understand why evangelicals and fundamentalists think "the gospel" can be condensed to a single paragraph bandied about in some slogan. If that were the case, why bother with a bible?
that single paragraph should "fit" with the rest of the Bible, which is why the word "harmony" is used.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What, no stories about bad priests and the corrupt Catholic hierarchy?
This must be the "nice Dan" day....
I kind of gathered in my imagination that Anthony, you would have a sense of humor.God bless you bro for that. No It is not the "nice Dan day". I still will contend that the RCC is just one of the siblings of Christian siblings.I do not believe that anyone is perfect,but Christ.However given the Word,we have no excuse to walk in total darkness as some have who claimed they know Christ.No matter who is the perpetrator,or by what name or affiliation he or she goes by,sin is sin,and it takes away from the Body of Christ. That is fact!

However you are right about one thing Anthony,the gift of God in preaching or presenting truth is irrevocable,and unfortunately men and women who were called to serve God,sinned greatly bringing shame,but the truth neverthless was presented by them.There are so many cases of that in all expressions of Christian endeavor,in all centuries since the beginning of our faith in HIM,who purchased us all with a great price.

I do believe that the C h u r c h is the whole body of Christ,fitly joined together as ONE building of God,not of hands but of His testimony in the faithful who believe Him for His Word,that includes all affiliations.You are bound to one institution of "Church",and that is your choice,and joy if you will.But I will not forsake in my heart and mind the whole body,just to cling to one segment of it.Truth is given in all facets of Christian life,and we have the WORD which is the blueprint of His WILL to the whole of humanity.I love the whole church,not just one segment of it,no matter Anthony who big that segment is.Even if it dwarfs the rest,it still is just part.Because if the truth be known Anthony it is those who walk in truth and are changed by it who are HIS Body.

It is so important to know Him,and our right to Him is because He first loved us,and our response to His love changes us,EXCHANGED Lives!

Remember the words of Jesus Himself as he told the Samaritan woman that "Those who worship the Father must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth."

Well we know that in reading the entirety of the New Testament that the Spirit is the Holy Spirit,and the Truth is Christ.So we must worship our heavenly RATHER in the Holy Spirit and in His Dear Son,Jesus Christ.HE knows His own Anthony,and that is not restricted to a particular group,denomination or affiliation,but it is in the BLOOD of His Son which is seen on the door posts of human hearts who yield their lives to Christ,and receive His salvation!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>that single paragraph should "fit" with the rest of the Bible, which is why the word "harmony" is used.
I used several verses in the NT to show that those in Samaria did not receive the Holy Ghost when they first believed and this is in harmony with those men in Ephesus who heard the gospel and believed and were Baptised yet had NOT received the Holy Ghost.

this also is in alignment with my own personal doctrine and beliefs, for two reasons.

it is how I received the Holy Ghost as a second definite Work of grace, and it is what the Bible Teaches.

therefore if adults who believed and didnt receive the Holy Ghost,while being Baptised.

how can a baby or an infant receive Him?

the answer is obvious, they cant and they dont.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

FATHER not Rather. I think that I am becoming dislexic while typing these days.It is so easy to type errors.I use to type more than 50 words a minute,USE to that is the key here.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post #405782.
I really don't understand why evangelicals and fundamentalists think "the gospel" can be condensed to a single paragraph bandied about in some slogan. If that were the case, why bother with a bible?
Well Anthony, your response did not tell the gospel story. But even with your partial statement, I whould say that it would be enough to generate more questions from one who was honestly seeking truth and salvation. Perhaps it would benifit you to read the bible stories of the preaching in the N.T. and see what the GOSPEL (in a concise paragraph; bandied about in some slogan) WAS that brought salvation to thousands and thousands.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post #405782.
Do you think that salvation is ALL there is to Christianity? Your question shows a definate lack of thinking and understanding as to what all the bible and Christianity consist of. As I am sure I have stated before you do not understand the difference between salvation and discipleship.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
Being correctly educated is a problem....
When a person judges from experience and an incorrect education, the result is the quandry you find yourself in....Thus you can't research out the truth, and everything just "seems", or is an "opinion".
I am not worried about your writings. I am not worried about the Bible. But your answer, as you write..., "seem" to think I am.
I am in your debt however, as I am appreciating how much more progressive God is in dealing with "slavery" contrasted with other cultures at the time this verse(you like so much,lol)/law was given....Just a note, slavery as we perceive the word today is not the same as when this law was written.(I would explain further, but...,
since what I write means nothing to you. I will keep silent.)
That is not the case with me brother! I have seen the transformation in your posts as to what God can do in a man like you. Praise God for His dealings with you,and what He has accomplished in and through you. If Paul the Apostle called himself a s l a v e of Christ,it is because he knew that our attitude toward Jesus should be as a slave who does everything to serve his master. However in the case of our Lord and Brother Jesus we are more than slaves,but brothers with Him,that is so wondrous isn't it?

The whole issue of slavery is really quite hard for us who never knew it to understand.We were slaves to sin though,and that can be how we identify with slavery as free men and women.

Did you see Lincoln yet? The movie of course. It is worth seeing if you haven't.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I used several verses in the NT to show that those in Samaria did not receive the Holy Ghost when they first believed and this is in harmony with those men in Ephesus who heard the gospel and believed and were Baptised yet had NOT received the Holy Ghost.
this also is in alignment with my own personal doctrine and beliefs, for two reasons.
it is how I received the Holy Ghost as a second definite Work of grace, and it is what the Bible Teaches.
therefore if adults who believed and didnt receive the Holy Ghost,while being Baptised.
how can a baby or an infant receive Him?
the answer is obvious, they cant and they dont.
hey people, if you disagree. fine.

BUT BE AN ADULT AND ADDRESS ME INSTEAD OF HIDING BEHIND AN ICON.

IF you disagree, then tell me why and show me how that I am wrong.

that is why this is a forum so people can share ideas.

so if you need to use those icons in the future it will be because you are unable to match wits and Bible knowledge with me.
Loren Eberly

Shelby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Fiscal Cliff:

Whitehouse and Congress are willing to go anyplace to avoid “fiscal cliff” except; Complying with USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demands every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••