Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
390,941 - 390,960 of 532,806 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

When law of others stop have impact over you..then you become free..much more stronger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:

GIF,I know that once our Lord died that His death put an end to the animal sacrifice.
What I was wondering is,why do the Jews not sacrifice animals now?
They do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
They still go by the Levitical laws as far as food and such.
Yet,they don't sacrfice like they did back then.
Well,I looked this up just now.
The Torah continues: "Watch yourself! Lest you bring your burnt elevated offerings in any place you see fit. Only in the place that the Lord will choose, somewhere from among your tribes, there shall your bring your burnt elevated offerings, and there you must do all that I command you concerning this." (Deut 12:13-14)
Thus, once King Solomon completed and dedicated the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, animal sacrifices were offered only in the Temple. It would be a sin to offer sacrifices in any other place. And once the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE, no more animal sacrifices were offered.
http://judaism.about.com/od/abcsofjudaism/f/s ...

It is a combination of things. The temple where they were to worship was destroyed...so they couldn't offer the sacrifices there. Many of the people were destroyed, as was much of the city. Those who remained were terrified, they were afraid to worship openly.

Multitudes of the Jews were converted on the day of Pentecost, and immediately thereafter, so those were no longer depending on animal sacrifice.

All things had to give way to the new and perfect sacrifice of Jesus. The New Covenant drew a line between the New and the Old.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I lay down front of Cross..after prayers i go into deep sleep..not resting peace..no not even relax..definitely not.
What i see..i see its start make clear picture then i see most deadly snakes over me..how many..many many..but..ha ha ha
I did not been hurt no.

Who save me Confee?

ha ha ha many enemy..

''ja se nebojim
i da mi je dolinom smrti proci
nebojim se''

its mean

''i am not afraid''..
''nkh''

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

who="TheBlackSheep"
Didn't he also say, no one gets to heaven, except through the son? Billions and Billions of people never heard of your god, let alone the son.
As I have said, you can pull anything out of the bible you want! It was written to be vague and hidden from the public so that the authors could control the masses. Just like every other religion.

Jesus said that no man could come unto Himself, except the Father draw him. He also said that if He be lifted up, He would draw all men unto Himself. "I and My Father are one," He declared. Just because you can't see Him drawing, doesn't mean that it is not done.

You are resisting His drawing.

NO man could write a Book such as the Bible. Even if there were no God, the Bible is the greatest Book ever given to man. It is the source of wisdom, prosperity, health, and all else that we need.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Sorry about the triple post. I had a problem with the pc, and didn't know it was happening.

KM
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

my dream is not like that..no

i am deference that that..
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Did you all know the word holiday is from the word holy day?

Call it a holy day tree and see what people say:)
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Why you really think that people who suffering have holy day?
noooooooooooooooo

you not tell me
''start and end''

time=o'clock
tell me in eyes what stay
ones implemented finish.

Its correct as well precious time.

How you will know between billions people which eyes is correct?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

You not explain why people suffer!!!
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="4GVN" Then what does baptism do? And what does gaurantee salvation?
"BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and you SHALL be saved."
"Shalt" in Greek is better interpreted 'MUST' or 'WILL HAVE TO BE'.
In other words, if you truly believe on Him, you MUST or WILL HAVE TO BE SAVED.
God doesn't make it impossible for us to 'come home'...
KayMarie
Agree K. On the contrary He makes it so EASY. And why wouldn't He, It is His desire for us to be saved. In fact He went to 'great pains' to allow us to come to Him. So how foolish would it be for us to think that He would now somehow want to make it difficult?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible does not error! It may, at times, seem to contradict itself but that is because those "self-interpreting teachers, preachers and lay-people "pull and extract" bible verses out of context, to "make them mean ONLY what they want them to mean!" The TRUE INTERPRETATION OF the BIBLE was handed down to all Christians by the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397 AD. The TRUTH begins with Jesus establishing HIS One True Church in Matthew 16:13-21, the same Church that is mentioned over 30 times in the New Testament---the same Church that begin with the 1st Church in Antioch--Acts 2--the same
Church that (again) is spoken of in Acts 2 as an authoritative, heirarchical, visible Church with Bishops, priests,deacons and elders---the same Church that was expanded (in Pauls writings) to Corrinth, Galacia, Ephesus, Colosse, Thessalonica and on and on recorded throughout Sacred Church History. The TRUTH begins with God, through His Son Jesus Christ (in the unity of the Holy Spirit)---then through Jesus' Church from the "unwritten word of Traditions" passed down by Jesus to His Apostles to the expansion of HIS One True Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ.
And where is that HOHO?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Which brings us back around full circle to the issue os WHAT IS THE GOSPEL. Can you lay it out for me? That is probably the area of misunderstanding.
Anthony>>>////???
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
Did you all know the word holiday is from the word holy day?
Call it a holy day tree and see what people say:)
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism doesn't guarantee salvation. No, I don't think the bad popes, if they died unrepentent, are in heaven. Many self-described 'born again' and 'saved' evangelicals are ungodly and unchristian. That's why belief in OSAS is so dangerous.
RESPONSE:...Interesting. Then what do you believe was the state of the RCC during the reign of these ungodly men? Do you believe that a non-christian is indwelt with the holy Spirit? Do you believe that the Holy Spirit guides lost people? Do you believe that one of these lost,unchristian people could be the 'VICAR of CHRIST'?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

if they find out
this world not will be exist and much more..byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need to PROVE IT to especially, you Jethro!~! Since you are so "indoctrinated and obsessed" with your ant-catholic sources of Church History, it is a total waste of my time"..... The Holy Spirit, through His Son Jesus, the Bible and TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY has proven to me (and to the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world) that God, Jesus and the Catholic Church are united in the TRUTH of the One TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in the FULLNESS of the faith and the TRUTH and in Our Lords Sacrificial gift of the Eucharist---and that is ALL THE TRUTH that I need to know!...... Again--believe what you want! Makes no difference to me!......... Other than praying for your heart, mind and soul that God will "open your eyes to the TRUTH" of His One True Catholic Church---you are wasting my time with your anti-catholic (heretical history)
thank you,you gave me the answer i expected,you can not prove a thing,and the history i post is factual,multiple sourced truth,on the other hand what you post has no truth or historical support,other wise you would of posted it,instead of putting me down,and not giving me a straight answer. thank you for proving me right.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

01Dec12.....

.....WHO made the dirt!!!

Ps:...This is NOT a trick question.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jesus said that no man could come unto Himself, except the Father draw him. He also said that if He be lifted up, He would draw all men unto Himself. "I and My Father are one," He declared. Just because you can't see Him drawing, doesn't mean that it is not done.
You are resisting His drawing.
Ignore all you want. Go ahead, try to baffle me with BS! Go ahead! I probably never read the bible!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
NO man could write a Book such as the Bible. Even if there were no God, the Bible is the greatest Book ever given to man. It is the source of wisdom, prosperity, health, and all else that we need.
KayMarie
You mean like this:
Deuteronomy 22:20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

Do you or anyone you know go looking for "tokens of virginity"?

You may have noticed that god is very interested in girls' virginity, but not so much in the boys. Why is that?

But your god does love the boys' foreskin!

1 Samuel 18:25
And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines.

Any idea why foreskins were such a big deal to god in the early part of the bible, but not in the later parts?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
01Dec12.....
.....WHO made the dirt!!!
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Who loves foreskins?

Who says that it is OK to murder a slave?

endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Maverick 8,150
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••