Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627858 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#405961 Nov 30, 2012
FATHER not Rather. I think that I am becoming dislexic while typing these days.It is so easy to type errors.I use to type more than 50 words a minute,USE to that is the key here.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#405962 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post #405782.
I really don't understand why evangelicals and fundamentalists think "the gospel" can be condensed to a single paragraph bandied about in some slogan. If that were the case, why bother with a bible?
Well Anthony, your response did not tell the gospel story. But even with your partial statement, I whould say that it would be enough to generate more questions from one who was honestly seeking truth and salvation. Perhaps it would benifit you to read the bible stories of the preaching in the N.T. and see what the GOSPEL (in a concise paragraph; bandied about in some slogan) WAS that brought salvation to thousands and thousands.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#405963 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post #405782.
I really don't understand why evangelicals and fundamentalists think "the gospel" can be condensed to a single paragraph bandied about in some slogan. If that were the case, why bother with a bible?
Do you think that salvation is ALL there is to Christianity? Your question shows a definate lack of thinking and understanding as to what all the bible and Christianity consist of. As I am sure I have stated before you do not understand the difference between salvation and discipleship.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#405964 Nov 30, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
Being correctly educated is a problem....
When a person judges from experience and an incorrect education, the result is the quandry you find yourself in....Thus you can't research out the truth, and everything just "seems", or is an "opinion".
I am not worried about your writings. I am not worried about the Bible. But your answer, as you write..., "seem" to think I am.
I am in your debt however, as I am appreciating how much more progressive God is in dealing with "slavery" contrasted with other cultures at the time this verse(you like so much,lol)/law was given....Just a note, slavery as we perceive the word today is not the same as when this law was written.(I would explain further, but...,
since what I write means nothing to you. I will keep silent.)
That is not the case with me brother! I have seen the transformation in your posts as to what God can do in a man like you. Praise God for His dealings with you,and what He has accomplished in and through you. If Paul the Apostle called himself a s l a v e of Christ,it is because he knew that our attitude toward Jesus should be as a slave who does everything to serve his master. However in the case of our Lord and Brother Jesus we are more than slaves,but brothers with Him,that is so wondrous isn't it?

The whole issue of slavery is really quite hard for us who never knew it to understand.We were slaves to sin though,and that can be how we identify with slavery as free men and women.

Did you see Lincoln yet? The movie of course. It is worth seeing if you haven't.
preston

Waverly, OH

#405965 Nov 30, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I used several verses in the NT to show that those in Samaria did not receive the Holy Ghost when they first believed and this is in harmony with those men in Ephesus who heard the gospel and believed and were Baptised yet had NOT received the Holy Ghost.
this also is in alignment with my own personal doctrine and beliefs, for two reasons.
it is how I received the Holy Ghost as a second definite Work of grace, and it is what the Bible Teaches.
therefore if adults who believed and didnt receive the Holy Ghost,while being Baptised.
how can a baby or an infant receive Him?
the answer is obvious, they cant and they dont.
hey people, if you disagree. fine.

BUT BE AN ADULT AND ADDRESS ME INSTEAD OF HIDING BEHIND AN ICON.

IF you disagree, then tell me why and show me how that I am wrong.

that is why this is a forum so people can share ideas.

so if you need to use those icons in the future it will be because you are unable to match wits and Bible knowledge with me.
Loren Eberly

Shelby, OH

#405966 Nov 30, 2012
Fiscal Cliff:

Whitehouse and Congress are willing to go anyplace to avoid “fiscal cliff” except; Complying with USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demands every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.
DEFENDER of Blessed MARY

Pinellas Park, FL

#405967 Nov 30, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Kookoo kookoo
so the Miracle of the Sun never happened?
That's fine. You don't have to believe it and neither do I....not a big deal.
I understand your obsession with these supposed secrets. But you're forgetting about the actual Miracle.
Did the Church fly a plane through the clouds?
Stop the diversion. Of course something happened when so many people starred at the sun. Everyone saw something different. Some saw nothing at all.

"Not surprisingly, perhaps, Sun Miracles have been reported at other Marian sites—at Lubbock, Texas, in 1989; Mother Cabrini Shrine near Denver, Colorado, in 1992; Conyers, Georgia, in the early to mid-1990s".[23] Nickell also suggests that the dancing effects witnessed at Fatima may have been due to optical effects resulting from temporary retinal distortion caused by staring at such an intense light"

Beyond the immediate area, nowhere else in the world was anything seen.

But that wasn't the point. The point is how the Vatican used three hysterical country girls for their own purposes.

In the process of making up lies for political purposes, they made Mary out to be demanding, threatening, and shameless.

Shameless.
DEFENDER of Blessed MARY

Pinellas Park, FL

#405968 Nov 30, 2012
A dancing sun is one thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_S...

Flat out lies are another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of...

Secret #1... Mary terrifies 3 little girls.

Secret #2... Vatican makes up absurd demands by Mary, which just happen to lend spiritual support for Hitler's recent invasion of commie Russia.

Mary is NOT a demanding, threatening, narcissist. The Vatican lies.

Secret #3... A big yawner, because the Vatican learned its lesson with their previous lies
preston

Waverly, OH

#405969 Nov 30, 2012
Loren Eberly wrote:
Fiscal Cliff:
Whitehouse and Congress are willing to go anyplace to avoid “fiscal cliff” except; Complying with USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.
Demands every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.
This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.
And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.
why dont you take this spam elsewhere? no one reads it or cares what you have to say.

you are even on a local topix forum
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405970 Nov 30, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well Anthony, your response did not tell the gospel story. But even with your partial statement, I whould say that it would be enough to generate more questions from one who was honestly seeking truth and salvation. Perhaps it would benifit you to read the bible stories of the preaching in the N.T. and see what the GOSPEL (in a concise paragraph; bandied about in some slogan) WAS that brought salvation to thousands and thousands.
The word "gospel" means good news. If you're disappointed with my saying that the gospel is the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ, well, I guess I'm not very good at using slogans.

Would you rather I just pasted St. Peter's exhortation in Acts 2 here? Or does your faith community have an abridged version? I love what he says. Incidently, it supports the idea that he was the leader of the apostles, the necessity of baptism, infant baptism, etc.
DEFENDER of Blessed MARY

Pinellas Park, FL

#405971 Nov 30, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
Being correctly educated is a problem....
When a person judges from experience and an incorrect education, the result is the quandry you find yourself in....Thus you can't research out the truth, and everything just "seems", or is an "opinion".
I am not worried about your writings. I am not worried about the Bible. But your answer, as you write..., "seem" to think I am.
I am in your debt however, as I am appreciating how much more progressive God is in dealing with "slavery" contrasted with other cultures at the time this verse(you like so much,lol)/law was given....Just a note, slavery as we perceive the word today is not the same as when this law was written.(I would explain further, but...,
since what I write means nothing to you. I will keep silent.)
Robert writes "... how much more progressive God is in dealing with slavery"

No Robert, "progressive" would be God condemning the immorality of slavery, period.

But if your god can only make it relatively less cruel than other cultures (in your mind only, btw), then you are referring to a weak, waffling god.

Maybe the same god who couldn't destroy chariots because they were made of iron?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#405972 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "gospel" means good news. If you're disappointed with my saying that the gospel is the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ, well, I guess I'm not very good at using slogans.
Would you rather I just pasted St. Peter's exhortation in Acts 2 here? Or does your faith community have an abridged version? I love what he says. Incidently, it supports the idea that he was the leader of the apostles, the necessity of baptism, infant baptism, etc.
Well show me the statement you are in reference to. I would love to see Peter's reference to infant baptism.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#405973 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony: You didn't answer the questions. Stop diverting and answer the questions. Here, I will give you another chance.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism doesn't guarantee salvation. No, I don't think the bad popes, if they died unrepentent, are in heaven. Many self-described 'born again' and 'saved' evangelicals are ungodly and unchristian. That's why belief in OSAS is so dangerous.
RESPONSE:...Interesting. Then what do you believe was the state of the RCC during the reign of these ungodly men? Do you believe that a non-christian is indwelt with the holy Spirit? Do you believe that the Holy Spirit guides lost people? Do you believe that one of these lost,unchristian people could be the 'VICAR of CHRIST'? ce..........
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#405974 Nov 30, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "gospel" means good news. If you're disappointed with my saying that the gospel is the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ, well, I guess I'm not very good at using slogans.
Would you rather I just pasted St. Peter's exhortation in Acts 2 here? Or does your faith community have an abridged version? I love what he says. Incidently, it supports the idea that he was the leader of the apostles, the necessity of baptism, infant baptism, etc.
Hmmm, No, I would say that you are not very good at telling the good news. Or do you have any?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405975 Nov 30, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it.
Supposedly - "God" gives permission to another entity to allow abuse of "His" child.
First off, if your "God" allowed this, then it is a game to "Him".
If your "God" was loving, then he would have 'smited' "Satan" immediately, but oh no....."He" allows the abuse to go on.
Unfortunately, you and other so-called "Christians" play the "persistence of faith in God" card.
Our Father doesn't do this, especially being a "being of love".
But you are still in a frame of mind that includes "pain and torture", "destruction", and "abuse" to an individual, so he can show that he will not waver fromt he ordeal, and instead wait for the positives to come after all is said and done ('the game'), without seeing any alternatives.
Most men are not like this. And also IMO - the allegoric symbolism is not "literal".
This is what men have told you to believe - and you've accepted it.
I'm not sure why you just can't believe that all men have "demons" that plummet us. Did you ever think that this is the symbolism that the story refers to?
- we all can overcome difficulty if we are persistant in our stance and there can be a reward at the end of the difficult tasks - if one seeks it out.
Only we can destroy our own life, otherwise, "God" would be stepping in more often. In one instance, would be allowing a little girl to get home, before she froze to death.
You aren't using logic in your faith.
NASL

How convenient....Demons draw us to darkness, because they are a part of us? You give no thought about free-will....
Well, if you can't blame Satan, blame demons....

Being responsible, and doing the right thing is not always apparently profitable. It could get you crucified. Jesus is salvation.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#405976 Nov 30, 2012
The Roman Catholic Gospel(the GOOD news)......... IF someone poors water on my head when I am an infant, and IF I grow up in the Catholic Church, and IF I go to confirmation, and IF I keep the commandments, and IF I go to confession at least once a year, and IF I partake in all of the sacriments, and IF I pray the rosery, and IF I don't die with any mortal sin, then I MIGHT go to Purgatory for hundreds, or thousands, or millions of years(no one knows for sure), and if anyone remembers to keep praying for me to get out of Purgatory, then I MIGHT get to go to heaven. Is that the GOOD NEWS of Roman Catholicism?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405977 Nov 30, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word in all of the statemenst is "if".
Again you speculate.
Self.
NASL

Key word...."if", and "then" are statements of logic, not speculation....

So prove that a circle is a square....Your faith and logic is wrong.
So prove that a stick has one end....Your faith and logic is wrong.
So prove that free-will doesn't exist....Your faith and logic is wrong.

I say a circle is not a square.
I say a stick has two ends.
I say free-will means there is good and evil.

You are lost in deep darkness.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405978 Nov 30, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that salvation is ALL there is to Christianity? Your question shows a definate lack of thinking and understanding as to what all the bible and Christianity consist of. As I am sure I have stated before you do not understand the difference between salvation and discipleship.
I'm not sure I understand your question. Salvation is, in fact, the point of "Christianity".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405979 Nov 30, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well show me the statement you are in reference to. I would love to see Peter's reference to infant baptism.
"Do penance: and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of your sins. And you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, whomsoever the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with very many other words did he testify and exhort them, saying: Save yourselves from this perverse generation. 41 They therefore that received his word were baptized: and there were added in that day about three thousand souls."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405980 Nov 30, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
You don't get it.
Supposedly - "God" gives permission to another entity to allow abuse of "His" child.
First off, if your "God" allowed this, then it is a game to "Him".
If your "God" was loving, then he would have 'smited' "Satan" immediately, but oh no....."He" allows the abuse to go on.
Unfortunately, you and other so-called "Christians" play the "persistence of faith in God" card.
Our Father doesn't do this, especially being a "being of love".
But you are still in a frame of mind that includes "pain and torture", "destruction", and "abuse" to an individual, so he can show that he will not waver fromt he ordeal, and instead wait for the positives to come after all is said and done ('the game'), without seeing any alternatives.
Most men are not like this. And also IMO - the allegoric symbolism is not "literal".
This is what men have told you to believe - and you've accepted it.
I'm not sure why you just can't believe that all men have "demons" that plummet us. Did you ever think that this is the symbolism that the story refers to?
- we all can overcome difficulty if we are persistant in our stance and there can be a reward at the end of the difficult tasks - if one seeks it out.
Only we can destroy our own life, otherwise, "God" would be stepping in more often. In one instance, would be allowing a little girl to get home, before she froze to death.
You aren't using logic in your faith.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
How convenient....Demons draw us to darkness, because they are a part of us? You give no thought about free-will....
Well, if you can't blame Satan, blame demons....
Being responsible, and doing the right thing is not always apparently profitable. It could get you crucified. Jesus is salvation.
Convenient? No.

Honest - yes.

I wrote, as above, "I'm not sure why you just can't believe that all men have "demons" that plummet us. Did you ever think that this is the symbolism that the story refers to?"

"demons" = vices, addictions, challenges we go through.

We are all haunted by things we've done, or even may apply to our current life activities. Since you taken the word to have a literal meaning, as you seem to be a "literalist" when it comes to the Bible, then I will have to beg your pardon, and stop discussing these issues we all have to face, in order to get to some sort of "salvation".

You seem to not have any "demons", so I guess you are already like Job - righteous.

Carry on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border visit will cap Pope Francis' trip to Mexico 1 hr ronnie 19
News God's calling: Newly ordained priests ready to ... (Jul '10) Thu FrFrancis 219
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Feb 8 ownerd 2
News Pope to tour violent corners of Mexico Feb 8 Raydot 2
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Feb 5 huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 5 Gee Tee 9,892
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Feb 4 huey goins 3
More from around the web