Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

dr of history

United States

#405833 Nov 29, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony said.....
There were no belly dancers.
Michael says...
ONLY! because your wife wouldn't allow them.
Catholics make me sick with their perverted priest walikng around with pup tents raunching alter boys up the fudge tunnel and the pope gives them the thumbs up and releases the grey smoke in honor of it.Them pervert bastards!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405834 Nov 29, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you only have "faith" in a portion of what he taught?
NASL good friend

I am glad you put the word faith in quotes....It throws me a bit.

But your question is familiar, and so I give the familiar answer. The Bible is the standard text of Christianity.

Though there may be writings outside the Bible which Jesus spoke, and are inspired(I grant you even this), we cannot rely on them as a standard.

Here is the problem....Some of them might not have circulated well enough for the whole Church to include them into the standard Bible. But the standard has more than sufficient meaning for one person in a lifetime to fathom....So there is no loss.

(Your argument might hold water better for Islaam, as it has only one writer, and as we see it, had a big "enlightenment" period, but has not recovered, nor does it seem to be going in that direction, instead envy of the West's(Christianity) advances makes them groan....)

But from what I have seen of the Gnostic teachings of the Gospels, they convey very different meanings than the standard. And even within their own context, get wrapped up in upon themselves, so that knowledge is means of salvation rather than Jesus.

I grant you clarity of thinking is very important, and from that understanding. Being informed and constantly learning is a means of growth. The Foundation is not what Jesus said. It is Jesus. We don't see the foundation(generally speaking) but we know its there.

The world of perceived knowledge, of sayings, of language, of "nuggets of truth" is one that changes meanings with nuances and cultural glasses as time moves forward. It is like shifting sand. Sturdy enough to build on, but shifts....We look and suddenly we see the wall is cracked in the wall.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#405835 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time God revealed Himself (as one of us) we tortured and killed Him.
If He appeared in the sky tomorrow, people will look to the Vatican for answers, trust me .
Then, most likely, WWIII will break out because Muslims will think God Just gave the sign to attack Israel. Atheist will say it wasn't a sign at all, but just a natural event.(Fatima 1917)
You best be careful Clay;

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
preston

Athens, OH

#405836 Nov 29, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure about the allegations you have made about Benny Hinn. I am not aware of such proof. I am not a fan, but we shouldn't FALSLE accuse anyone.
they arent allegations about benny hinn,

THEY ARE FACTS. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS?

UPDATE* See JACK HAYFORD TO REMARRY WF HERETIC BENNY HINN TO EX-WIFE

After a report of an alleged affair between top level Word Faith heretics Benny Hinn and Paula White surfaced in The National Enquirer, in posts such as Paula White: Is She, Or Isn’t She? and Benny Hinn And Paula White Side By Side here at Apprising Ministries, I’ve been doing what I can to point you to the facts; as obscure as they appear to be.

In order for you to be able to evaluate this issue for yourself, just the other day AM correspondent Chrystal Whitt of Slaughter of the Sheep posted the videos of Hinn’s “defense” of his relationship with pastrix White in Benny Hinn Defends Himself Against National Enquirer. And now Charisma, flagship magazine for the charismatic movement, has today released Benny Hinn Admits ‘Friendship’ With Paula White But Tells TV Audience It’s Over.

After the Enquirer “pictured them holding hands in Rome on July 13” Charisma reporter Adrienne S. Gaines informs us that at a “crusade in Oakland, Calif.” Benny Hinn “admitted” to his “having a ‘friendship’ with fellow” Word Faith mogul Paula White “while he’s still married”. Gaines then explains that Benny Hinn “says the relationship is over” and continues:

http://apprising.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/...
Michael

Canada

#405837 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
By now, and having been on this thread for a while, I think you would agree that arrogance is nothing new to these people.
Some play the card as if they have nothing else in their hand. Then there is the other group who only uses it when they know they haven't an answer.
SSDD.

I like all people, how can that possibly be wrong?

Our world will always be divided, as long as we have people who keep saying "I AM RIGHTEOUS AND YOU ARE NOT"

For the life of me, I can't see how people can attach themselves to a belief, that shows only hatred towards anyone not like them.

makes no common sense....
preston

Athens, OH

#405838 Nov 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I like that Is 26:19 verse....but the jewish word for herb there means a bit more, it is "like the dew of dawn", it is luminous.
The verse reminds me of the gentle rain that waters the earth...hmmm
Deut 32:2
"My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass...."
And I think you are getting to what I was thinking about last in what you call the Great Resurrection....It is both a physical thing but more a metaphysical thing, and thus a sign for believers..., Those who were resurrected from the grave, did they go back into the grave after Jesus ascended into heaven, or did they follow him, or in some way, they appeared and disappeared after they were seen awaiting the Great Resurrection, or even still, are they among us, without us seeing them....Lots of possibilities here. Something to really ponder.
you bring up some interesting points.

I do believe that those saints stayed on this earth until jesus left and then I beleive they went with Him to Paradise.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#405839 Nov 29, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony said.....
There were no belly dancers.
Michael says...
ONLY! because your wife wouldn't allow them.
The last time I saw a belly dancer was in one of the Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers I think. Some of the funniest movies ever made.

Location hidden

#405840 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
You really don't understand, huh? I'm truly sorry, I am trying to help you overcome this misunderstanding, whether you think you or not.
We'll try with you own words this time.
Please not definition #7 within 'moral' below.
Self.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
"Moral law"
mor·al
[mawr-uh&#8201;l, mor-]
adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
2. expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
4. capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
5. conforming to the rules of right conduct (opposed to immoral): a moral man.
6. virtuous in sexual matters; chaste.
7. of, pertaining to, or acting on the mind, feelings, will, or character: moral support.
8. resting upon convincing grounds of probability; virtual: a moral certainty.
law
1 [law]
noun
1. the principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.
2. any written or positive rule or collection of rules prescribed under the authority of the state or nation, as by the people in its constitution. Compare bylaw, statute law.
3. the controlling influence of such rules; the condition of society brought about by their observance: maintaining law and order.
4. a system or collection of such rules.
5. the department of knowledge concerned with these rules; jurisprudence: to study law.
*in his best Forrest Gump voice*
"That's all I have to say about that."
NASL good friend

No I don't understand what you mean....

The 10 Commandments are not a thought problem to act upon. Though one can and should think about them to be informed.

In general, one does not think aout the law until it is broken, and one is caught, and is judged.

In Christiantiy, when broken, they have personal, social, and spiritual effects.
Michael

Canada

#405841 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If He appeared in the sky tomorrow, people will look to the Vatican for answers, trust me .
Then, most likely, WWIII will break out because Muslims will think God Just gave the sign to attack Israel. Atheist will say it wasn't a sign at all, but just a natural event.(Fatima 1917)
Clay says......

If God appeared in the sky tomorrow, people will look to the Vatican for answers, trust me.

Michael says.......

Are you trying to be funny?

Why would anyone look to the vatican for answers, if the vatican has no more personal knowledge, or inside information, about God, than anyone else?

What do you believe the Cardinals have secret documents to be opened and read when God appears? They have nothing. Trust me!

There are millions of religious people already have claimed they have seen God. Why don't you believe them....

BUSTED!

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#405842 Nov 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where and when did this happen? A belly dancer? Booze? How horrible!!! They aren't Christians! What a bunch of heathens! They're all going straight to hell!!!
(Oh, but us gossipers and hypocrites got the golden ticket to heaven!!!)
http://www.gildedserpent.com/articles20/bible...

In Israel it’s very main stream to have a belly dancer at your wedding, whereas in America it’s not as mainstream.

http://www.jimena.org/MiriamPeretz.html

Ultimately belly dancing is an integral part of middle easter culture. David accused by his wife of dancing half naked, Miriam dancing after the destruction etc. Solomon, King David. I guess one can make anything evil if you want to. It is an artistic form of Dance and it not just for lewd purposes as suggested.

Pole dancing is also an art form and the competition is fierce. Health clubs all over America are integrating it as a form of workout along with other dance.

Pole dancing immediately conjures up images of the sleezy strip club. However that is very closed minded and seen a massive insult to those who do it professionally. Its bigger then you may think. Forms of dance to various regions are part of the culture and some like King David dance before the ark well one can assume he would be totally evil in confrinter and Dan world. Dancing with the stars may need to be stopped immediately!
Michael

Canada

#405843 Nov 29, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I saw a belly dancer was in one of the Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers I think. Some of the funniest movies ever made.
I have seen the Pink Panther movies.

I have seen REAL BELLY DANCERS, and STRIPPERS, and POLE DANCERS back in my younger years, like most guys did after work. Nothing funkier than the 1960s'/70s.

Thanks for bringing back good memories.
Michael

Canada

#405844 Nov 29, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay said......

Michael says....

Only christian teachings state that. Not to forget christian teachings only! tell us that Gods will was that his son would have to die to fulfull his mission.

You believe a jewish god man named Jesus preached and practiced his jewish faith, baptized by a jew, while he was a jew himself, performed miracles for only Jews, and in order for him to return to heaven, he had to dump his life long loving Jewish faith in order to start the catholic church, he had to piss off the religious leaders so badly that they wanted him dead. What would have happened if Jesus was out of town the day of the crucifixion, or the religious leaders weren't that upset with him? What would have happened?...... I am only saying!

makes no common sense...it was all staged..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405845 Nov 29, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age---I apologize for "making a comment" with such an opinionated and intolerant manner. I have always believed that whether we are Protestant, Catholic or whatever Christian belief that we are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ. However---it is clear that bible only Protestants do not hold that same opinion of us Catholics and it "irks me" to no end, to hear this anti-catholic bias attacks and distortion of the TRUTH regarding what the Catholic Church "actually believes and teaches"..... I have listened to this "same old" "Protestant trash talking" for over 35 years as a bible only Lutheran and it takes (all the patience that I have) to try and attempt to "suppress" the anger and displeasure towards (so-called Christians) who should know better!!
Don't you think it is time to step out of the "Catholic" box and research the religion from the outside, just to see what all the hoopla is all about?

Albuquerque, NM

#405846 Nov 29, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age---I apologize for "making a comment" with such an opinionated and intolerant manner. I have always believed that whether we are Protestant, Catholic or whatever Christian belief that we are ALL brothers and sisters in Christ. However---it is clear that bible only Protestants do not hold that same opinion of us Catholics and it "irks me" to no end, to hear this anti-catholic bias attacks and distortion of the TRUTH regarding what the Catholic Church "actually believes and teaches"..... I have listened to this "same old" "Protestant trash talking" for over 35 years as a bible only Lutheran and it takes (all the patience that I have) to try and attempt to "suppress" the anger and displeasure towards (so-called Christians) who should know better!!
BTW hojo - thanks for your apology, it means you have taken another step in bettering yourself.

Only you can.

Cheers!

Location hidden

#405847 Nov 29, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you bring up some interesting points.
I do believe that those saints stayed on this earth until jesus left and then I beleive they went with Him to Paradise.
preston

I think I know what you are trying to say here....

And I might say this of course, this is more one of conjecture here, than of "belief".

I am not sure of what you mean here....that they left, and went to Paradise.

But when I think of Paradise, two things come to mind....The first is of course the Garden of Eden, guarded by Michael the Archangel. The second is an enclosed garden and alludes to Abraham's bossom.(And is in Jesus teachings of the beggar and Lazarus).

I was thinking that when Jesus died, that some massive, reorienting went on, which not only affected all souls, but the structure of Creation(a New Creation)....Lets say, in Jesus' time, it seemed common that demons were around, and possessed people. Now they seem to be more in the spiritual realm.

This might lend oneself over from more of a conjecture to a belief, though it may be a weak one.
Michael

Canada

#405848 Nov 29, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"I could write better fiction.(lol)"
YOU HAVE DONE A PRETTY GOOD JOB AS A NOVEL AUTHOR SO FAR...
You lied to me.

You are no different than those catholic priests/bishops from around the world, who lied to their parishioners why molesting priestS were getting moved to other parishs. It happened over and over.

Most catholics say.....NOTHING!(UNBELIEVABLE! )

.....and you wonder why I am not a believer.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Location hidden

#405849 Nov 29, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record DayStorm is not me.
Limbo was a theological discussion not a doctrine and it has been removed. It goes to the point of Baptism. I am sorry Robert I typed a reply to your question on Baptism, but there are many great Catholic articles on Baptism and Confirmation. The Latin right would be the equivalent of protestant ease of getting saved.
Sorry but time does not permit me to always answer in detail. Nevertheless I can point you to scripturecatholic website for lots of scripture. I agree with some of what you wrote but its not ez to just summarize what Baptism all entails in a sentence. However you cannot disregard water and spirit. Again we are bound by the sacraments but God is not.
So since the Jewish Scrolls did not have punctuation. So with the thief on the cross should the punctuation be today you will be with me in paradise or I tell you today? It makes a big difference. Paradise is the bosom of Abraham the realm of the righteous dead. Purgatory is quite Jewish.
Matt. 12:32 – Jesus says,“And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.” Jesus thus clearly provides that there is forgiveness after death. The phrase “in the next”(from the Greek “en to mellonti”) generally refers to the afterlife (see, for example, Mark 10.30; Luke 18.30; 20.34-35; Eph. 1.21 for similar language). Forgiveness is not necessary in heaven, and there is no forgiveness in hell. This proves that there is another state after death, and the Church for 2,000 years has called this state purgatory.
2 Tim. 1:16-18 - Onesiphorus is dead but Paul asks for mercy on him “on that day.” Paul’s use of “that day” demonstrates its eschatological usage (see, for example, Rom. 2.5,16; 1 Cor. 1.8; 3.13; 5.5; 2 Cor. 1.14; Phil. 1.6,10; 2.16; 1 Thess. 5.2,4,5,8; 2 Thess. 2.2,3; 2 Tim. 4.8). Of course, there is no need for mercy in heaven, and there is no mercy given in hell. Where is Onesiphorus? He is in purgatory.
1 Peter 3:19; 4:6 - Jesus preached to the spirits in the "prison." These are the righteous souls being purified for the beatific vision.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com
Gehinnom: A Jewish Hell
Only truly righteous souls ascend directly to Gan Eden, say the sages. The average person descends to a place of punishment and/or purification, generally referred to as Gehinnom.
The name is taken from a valley (Gei Hinnom) just south of Jerusalem, once used for child sacrifice by the pagan nations of Canaan (II Kings 23:10). Some view Gehinnom as a place of torture and punishment, fire and brimstone. Others imagine it less harshly, as a place where one reviews the actions of his/her life and repents for past misdeeds.
The soul's sentence in Gehinnom is usually limited to a twelve-month period of purgation before it takes its place in Olam Ha-Ba (Mishnah Eduyot 2:9, Shabbat 33a). This twelve-month limit is reflected in the yearlong mourning cycle and the recitation of the Kaddish (the memorial prayer for the dead).
Only the utterly wicked do not ascend to Gan Eden at the end of this year. Sources differ on what happens to these souls at the end of their initial time of purgation. Some say that the wicked are utterly destroyed and cease to exist, while others believe in eternal damnation (Maimonides, Mishneh Torah, Law of Repentance, 3:5-6).
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Theol...
Dust Storm

Thanks for such a lengthy reply....

I was not aware of the 12 month stay of souls in Gehenna(Gei Hinnom), with the Kaddish said....

Location hidden

#405850 Nov 29, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
[52] And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that had slept arose,[53] And coming out of the tombs after his resurrection, came into the holy city, and appeared to many.
Honestly, if this didn't convince them that Jesus is the Messiah, I don't know what would. It puzzles me how so many still refused to believe. Was it just hard-heartedness do you think?
When Christ preached the Good News to the just in Gehenna, wouldn't their souls have gone to Heaven after His resurrection?
ReginaM

Peace

I just wrote to preston on the same question....I think a restructuring of Creation went on....where once there was a wall, now there is a way for souls....Christ overcame the last impediment, death. The soul was freed.

It gets us to after death now, where do souls go. In a sense they go nowhere, but are infused/absorbed, or even adsorbed thru him, with him, in him.... God. As a Catholic, the soul is the drop of water in the chalice of wine.

We are trying to describe heaven in earthly terms....A most difficult task.

Peace
preston

Athens, OH

#405851 Nov 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I think I know what you are trying to say here....
And I might say this of course, this is more one of conjecture here, than of "belief".
I am not sure of what you mean here....that they left, and went to Paradise.
But when I think of Paradise, two things come to mind....The first is of course the Garden of Eden, guarded by Michael the Archangel. The second is an enclosed garden and alludes to Abraham's bossom.(And is in Jesus teachings of the beggar and Lazarus).
I was thinking that when Jesus died, that some massive, reorienting went on, which not only affected all souls, but the structure of Creation(a New Creation)....Lets say, in Jesus' time, it seemed common that demons were around, and possessed people. Now they seem to be more in the spiritual realm.
This might lend oneself over from more of a conjecture to a belief, though it may be a weak one.
well, I base my opinion on what Jesus said, In my Fathers house are many mansions.and He also said that"where I am, you will be there too"

so they would have a place to go.

I wasnt really thinking about the demons, their place is assured but they will not inhabit it for many more years(or Less).I wish that I could find that link about "the waiting room", it had some good info in it.anyway it had to do with the Creed

Albuquerque, NM

#405852 Nov 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

The world of perceived knowledge, of sayings, of language, of "nuggets of truth" is one that changes meanings with nuances and cultural glasses as time moves forward. It is like shifting sand. Sturdy enough to build on, but shifts....We look and suddenly we see the wall is cracked in the wall.
You do bring up a good point Robert.

The world is always changing, except for Christianity.

Unfortunately, as facts arise in a belief, many refuse to accept those facts, thus refusing to change.

Remember that old adage - "The only thing that stays the same is change"?
- If more people would change with the world to make it a better place, you will eventually see all religions removed from the forefront, and placed where they should be, into a personal world. We already know it is a "personal relationship" with a deity, why not complete the cycle?

Or - like you - you can stay the same and never change, while the world leaves you behind.

it all comes down to a personal choice - Self.

Damn it - I did it again, didn't I? We have arrived at Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web