Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589790 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ree Minbd

Pinellas Park, FL

#405626 Nov 28, 2012
wilderide wrote:
Of course the Roman Catholic church says it is the only true church. Pretty much every religious sect makes that claim. That's why religion can never bring peace, and will always be at war with itself and everyone else.
Every Christian denomination does NOT make that claim.

Every religious sect does NOT make that claim.

But you are close on the last part.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405627 Nov 28, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
DustStorm....
If Christ performed the miracles the new testament describes, if he fed exactly 5,000 people from a few crumbs and a piece of fish, if he made a blind man see and lets not forget the other 35 miracles that are in the new testament, why a very short time later, would the people want him crucified? Why would a civilized people for the jews from that era were civilized were so filled with hate towards a kind and loving mand who only went about doing good and preached forgiveness (as only the scriptures claim) that the jews would not be appeased until they crucified the noblest benefactor of mankind?
Thousands of jews miraclized, and thousands more witnessed these great gifts, and tens of thousands followed this man around and watched him speak (only the scriptures claim) yet at the crucifixion no one showed up to support him?
makes no common sense...
something is terribly wrong!
You should study human nature...and the Bible...a bit more closely. You need look no further than our current world to see 'why'. The common people of Jesus' day followed Him. But He shook up the power grabbers at the top. They feared that He would usurp their place, or that He would bring down the Romans on them (they too would fear losing power).
He did not go to the cross alone...though most of His friends "stood afar off" for fear. The apostles locked themselves in the Upper Room for fear. Multitudes of the common folk either had not heard (they didn't have TV), or they were afraid for their own lives.
I'm sure that in your church connections of the past...and likely in your present business associates...you have seen those who would strike out at someone that was more talented than themselves. That is how some keep their 'power'.
KayMarie
KayMarie says......

The apostles locked themselves in the Upper Room for fear.

Michael says....

The same apostles that locked themselves in fear, a very short time later who are not fearful anymore, out and about preaching to the very people they were hiding from in fear in the first place.

Apostles that hid in fear for their own lives, yet scriptures claim a short time later they are martyring themselves.

are you fearful, or aren't you?

Remember you put all your faith in what these scriptures say. The scriptures that we were told were inspired once by God, and then the catholic fathers got a hold of them and edited them again! inspiring them a second time. I would believe if God inspired the first writings, then what would be the need to re-inspire them differently from what God did originally?

makes no common sense.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405628 Nov 28, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible does not error! It may, at times, seem to contradict itself but that is because those "self-interpreting teachers, preachers and lay-people "pull and extract" bible verses out of context, to "make them mean ONLY what they want them to mean!" The TRUE INTERPRETATION OF the BIBLE was handed down to all Christians by the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397 AD. The TRUTH begins with Jesus establishing HIS One True Church in Matthew 16:13-21, the same Church that is mentioned over 30 times in the New Testament---the same Church that begin with the 1st Church in Antioch--Acts 2--the same
Church that (again) is spoken of in Acts 2 as an authoritative, heirarchical, visible Church with Bishops, priests,deacons and elders---the same Church that was expanded (in Pauls writings) to Corrinth, Galacia, Ephesus, Colosse, Thessalonica and on and on recorded throughout Sacred Church History. The TRUTH begins with God, through His Son Jesus Christ (in the unity of the Holy Spirit)---then through Jesus' Church from the "unwritten word of Traditions" passed down by Jesus to His Apostles to the expansion of HIS One True Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ.
I posted the scripture about the devil taking Jesus up into the tallest mountain range (whatever that is in the mediteranean) and claimed he could speak and inform the entire world from this high vantage point.

I stated as we know the world is a sphere and 150-200 miles is about as far as anyone can see from the top of mount everest.

If someone is reading the bible one has to wonder why this would be written or do you just breeze right past such stories?

What say you HOJO......
ree Minbd

Pinellas Park, FL

#405629 Nov 28, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible does not error! It may, at times, seem to contradict itself but that is because those "self-interpreting teachers, preachers and lay-people "pull and extract" bible verses out of context, to "make them mean ONLY what they want them to mean!" The TRUE INTERPRETATION OF the BIBLE was handed down to all Christians by the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397 AD. The TRUTH begins with Jesus establishing HIS One True Church in Matthew 16:13-21, the same Church that is mentioned over 30 times in the New Testament---the same Church that begin with the 1st Church in Antioch--Acts 2--the same
Church that (again) is spoken of in Acts 2 as an authoritative, heirarchical, visible Church with Bishops, priests,deacons and elders---the same Church that was expanded (in Pauls writings) to Corrinth, Galacia, Ephesus, Colosse, Thessalonica and on and on recorded throughout Sacred Church History. The TRUTH begins with God, through His Son Jesus Christ (in the unity of the Holy Spirit)---then through Jesus' Church from the "unwritten word of Traditions" passed down by Jesus to His Apostles to the expansion of HIS One True Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ.
Somehow, I doubt if you go to a Biblical faith healer when you get sick.

I'll bet you ignore the Bible and seek out a real medical science doctor, who doesn't believe that illness is caused by demons.

That's only one example.

More?

A whale is not a fish. Slavery is immoral. And there is nothing wrong with usury and capitalism (IMHO at least).

(Do people even think about what they write?)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#405630 Nov 28, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think people use the character of "Satan" against others?
read about Satan

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

___

Jesus called him

Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Joh_16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
ree Minbd

Pinellas Park, FL

#405631 Nov 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, ummm, not exactly. Note that Jesus describes 3 kinds of 'eunuchs'. The first are those born with a defect, the second are those castrated, the third are the ones who reamin celibate for the kingdom of heaven.

I am aware of the modern spin.

Your spin claims Jesus switched gears in mid-sentence, and the term "eunuch" suddenly became the word "celibate.

But some of your early Church fathers believed what Jesus said and became eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven.

Now you and others are saying they were confused about what Jesus meant and these Church fathers became eunuchs for nothing.

Word games. Unless you can show us how the translation of "eunuch" and "celibate" could be confused -- like "brother" and "cousin" maybe.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405632 Nov 28, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Michael, if one is to look at the "10 commandments" - many are "thought-orientated" versus "action-orientated".
Here is the generic listing of the ten:
And God spoke all these words, saying:“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
1.You shall have no other gods before me.
- thought-orientated - use of the mind
2.You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
- thought before action
3.You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- thought before action
4.Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- "remember" - thought-orientated
5.Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
- thought before action
6.You shall not murder.
- thought before action
7.You shall not commit adultery.
- thought before action
8.You shall not steal.
- thought before action
9.You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- thought before action
10.You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
- thought before action
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/10-commandment...
Right! The problem is we cannot control our thought, or vision process, but we can control our actions.

Example, show a picture of a beautiful naked lady to a man he will become aroused.

Show a picture of a handsome man to a woman she will fanticize about being with him.

If I dream about stealing (robbing a bank) and what I could do with the money, is that a sin or again just part of our human condition?

Are these sins based on our thought process, or are they natural re-actions of our species as being imperfect beings?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#405633 Nov 28, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
He tells them how to miss it!?!? Are you insane? When did god tell the Chinese? The Australian Aborigines? The Mayans? And so on...
Who do you get to heaven? Only through the son, right? How many people in the world have never heard of the son? Stop being so stupid!
Who would be nasty enough to put a lake of fire around their beloved children?
The path to heaven is narrow!
Really, just sit back and think about how stupid your beliefs really are.
god loves me so much, that he put me in the right country, at the right time, with the right parents, to make me a christian! But god does not love Wang! He put Wang in the wrong country, during the wrong time in history, with non-christian parents.
Why are you so special, so well taken care of and Wang is damned to hell?

God is not a monster. Nor is He a stranger to His children. He sent His disciples (then and now) to see to it that Wang knows Him. A missionary preached in an island country, telling the natives about Jesus. Afterwards an old man approached him with tears in his eyes. "Tell me His name AGAIN, please. I've always known Him, but I've never heard His name." An Indian medicine man in Arizona was visited in a hospital by a man in white. The man told him that he wanted him to go home and tell his family the truth. That same day a disciple of Jesus spoke to the old man about Jesus. "That's the man who talked to me," he declared. The old man, past 80 years old, went home to Whiskey Creek, Arizona; called his family together, and told them about Jesus. They cleaned up Whiskey Creek, renamed it Jordan River. Today there is a church there.

Recently a Muslim widow heard a knock at her door. There was no one there...she thought. She slid to the floor in tears, when a hand touched her shoulder, and she heard someone say, "I'm sending someone today to tell you about Me." That day a missionary came to her house. Jesus is being seen in dreams and visions in places where missionaries cannot go.

My family visited a place on an Indian reservation. Their interpreter had asked them to go and pray for a man who had fallen from a horse. When they arrived a lady was carrying chairs from a hogan to a little 'church' that that former medicine man had built. My sister finished praying, and began to sing, "How Great Thou Art". The little Indian lady began to cry loudly, but my sister couldn't speak her language, so she couldn't talk to her. When the others finished praying, the interpreter explained that early that morning the Indian lady awoke to singing...beautiful music in a strange language. She heard a voice say to her, "You've been asking to know more about Me. Today I am sending some people to help you."

By faith she was taking those chairs over in preparation for the promised visitors. When she heard my sister singing...it was what she had heard early that morning.(They had no electricity or radio's then.)

It's too late to tell me that my Father is a monster...or that He will destroy His children.

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405634 Nov 28, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For you, Michael, your definition,and proof of TRUTH is a "repeat performance" of the words of the Pharisees aS they stood before Jesus, while HE was hanging on the cross---as they said----"Come down from that cross so they we, too, might believe"--that you ARE Christ--the Son of God!!
not to be disrespectful..

but one has to wonder, that if the Jesus story is true as you claim, then this man who came to earth miraculously had to piss off the Pharisees so badly that they wanted him dead, which was the only way he could return to heaven, was to anger everyone.

Was there a man named Jesus? Quite possibly. Was he the son of God? 3 major religions in our world believe there was a Jesus. Only 1 religion believes he was God.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405635 Nov 28, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

Was there a man named Jesus? Quite possibly. Was he the son of God? 3 major religions in our world believe there was a Jesus. Only 1 religion believes he was God.
As a Catholic Christian, I have made my choice, Protestants have made theirs and 1.168 Billion (other) Catholics have made the same choice that Jesus is the Son of God.-----The ball is in "your court" Michael!!!----- to accept of deny the TRUTH!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405636 Nov 28, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Not especially.
I will go whichever way my bishop decides. My understanding is that the Holy See is leaving that decision to the local ordinary for now.
I would guess they will take another look at it in about 20 years or so, and set some rule then.
If it really was once a pert of baptism, then we should probably follow the Orthodox and Eastern practice, and confirm infants.
On the other hand, if it was originally considered part of the bishop's job to confirm at the time of baptism, then preserving it as the bishop's responsibility, even if it has to be delayed some, would be the way to go.
I don't have a horse in this race.
Rob

With so many roman catholics leaving the faith or just not participating anymore I would believe the vast majority are catholics who were indoctrinated into the faith from infancy.

Adults who determine for themselves after experiencing what the world has to offer, looking into various religions as to what they personally believe, and joining as example the catholic church, I would believe they would most often be stronger catholics than those indoctrinated from infancy?

To me adult baptisms and confirmations would serve a much better purpose to the believer, than current "assembly line baptisms" when a child reaches the age of a few months old and automatically taken to the church to have this service performed, that does only one thing at this time, makes the family happy to keep the tradition going.

I would believe most non practicing catholics on this forum including myself were indoctrinated into the faith, not ones who found the faith on their own as adults.

The Kennedy family members must adhere to their family traditions. You must be a catholic, you must be a democrat, or you become shunned, an outsider to them.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405637 Nov 28, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Catholic Christian, I have made my choice, Protestants have made theirs and 1.168 Billion (other) Catholics have made the same choice that Jesus is the Son of God.-----The ball is in "your court" Michael!!!----- to accept of deny the TRUTH!
Hojo, I am glad you made your choice, but remember insulting others on this forum because they remain in the same protestant belief that you belonged to at one time, serves no purpose.

If one religion could convince everyone that their way was the only way, there would only be one religion.

Please don't refer to it as the TRUTH. Refer to it what it is, a BELIEF. There is nothing wrong with having a belief, and their is nothing wrong with me or anyone else questioning a belief. That is how we all learn.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#405638 Nov 28, 2012
God is not a monster. Nor is He a stranger to His children. He sent His disciples (then and now) to see to it that Wang knows Him. A missionary preached in an island country, telling the natives about Jesus. Afterwards an old man approached him with tears in his eyes. "Tell me His name AGAIN, please. I've always known Him, but I've never heard His name." An Indian medicine man in Arizona was visited in a hospital by a man in white. The man told him that he wanted him to go home and tell his family the truth. That same day a disciple of Jesus spoke to the old man about Jesus. "That's the man who talked to me," he declared. The old man, past 80 years old, went home to Whiskey Creek, Arizona; called his family together, and told them about Jesus. They cleaned up Whiskey Creek, renamed it Jordan River. Today there is a church there.
Recently a Muslim widow heard a knock at her door. There was no one there...she thought. She slid to the floor in tears, when a hand touched her shoulder, and she heard someone say, "I'm sending someone today to tell you about Me." That day a missionary came to her house. Jesus is being seen in dreams and visions in places where missionaries cannot go.
My family visited a place on an Indian reservation. Their interpreter had asked them to go and pray for a man who had fallen from a horse. When they arrived a lady was carrying chairs from a hogan to a little 'church' that that former medicine man had built. My sister finished praying, and began to sing, "How Great Thou Art". The little Indian lady began to cry loudly, but my sister couldn't speak her language, so she couldn't talk to her. When the others finished praying, the interpreter explained that early that morning the Indian lady awoke to singing...beautiful music in a strange language. She heard a voice say to her, "You've been asking to know more about Me. Today I am sending some people to help you."
By faith she was taking those chairs over in preparation for the promised visitors. When she heard my sister singing...it was what she had heard early that morning.(They had no electricity or radio's then.)
It's too late to tell me that my Father is a monster...or that He will destroy His children.
KayMarie
fundie lies... nothing more. A friend of a friend told me this story, so it must be true...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#405639 Nov 28, 2012
KayMarie
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Too late? No, you are either a poe or too well indoctrinated.

Read this a few times... OK, read this over and over until you realize that you god has a law, which not only allows one human to own another, but also allows the owner to kill the slave.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#405640 Nov 28, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are how many non-catholics? If counting how many there are is important, then counting how many are not, must be equally important.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405641 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
read about Satan
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
For many centuries, "The Morning Star",'Lucifer' to some of these early folks, was the topic of many folklore and legends and beliefs.

It actually is a misnomer - it was considered a "messenger" in many regards for people who did not have the literacy to understand what the star actually was.

http://www.scienceofbeing.net/The_Morning_Sta...

If one is to take this interpretation for any evidence - Jesus is the Morning Star in Isaiah:
http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_morningstar....

The Bright Morning Star goes to the misnomer of "Lucifer", which is an incorrect title for Satan or the Devil taken from the King James Version of Isaiah 14:12. Were it not for this odd transliteration, "Lucifer" would not exist as a term in English, and there would be no confusion on the matter. As it is, we need to be careful, I would suggest, in using the term to describe who the Bible calls "Satan" or "the Devil". Most Christians are onto this, yet still the term "Lucifer" persists. In any case, the "morning star" is the title of Christ throughout the rest of Scripture.
___
<quoted text>
Jesus called him
Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Joh_16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
What - no "Lucifer" in this passage?

You are reading to much into the text than is needed.

Step off the destruction shelf and move into a loving atmosphere. It is much more pleasant than where you seem to be perched.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405642 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The thief was not subject to the New Testament command to be baptized into Christ’s death (Romans 6:3-4), just as Moses, Abraham, and David were not amenable to it. They all lived prior to the cross under different law codes. They could not have been baptized into Christ’s death—because He had not yet died.
ME:
but hank and HOJO, Jeus had already died and so the Malefactor(I prefer that word)was now under the Plan of Salvation that God had set forth centuies before.
this event is a {clear indication}that a person does not have to be Baptsied to enter into Heaven.
I mean lets face Facts. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT God who forgives sin, as someone brought up the other day and used these words "go and sin no more".if the sins are Forgiven, nothing else is Required,
ONLY THE BLOOD WASHES AWAY THE SINS OF A PERSON, IF WATER TOOK AWAY THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD,
PEOPLE WOULD BE SAVED AS SOON AS THEY TOOK A BATH.LETS GET REAL ABOUT THIS AND USE SOME GOOD OLD COMMON SENSE.
just because He told others to go and make disciples and Baptise them in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Ghost, doent mean that He cant do as He wishes.AFTER ALL, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CREATOR WHO ISNT BOUND BY THE DEFICIENCES OF MANKIND.
I BELIEVE IN BAPTISM, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE BORN AGAIN OR IT IS JUST WASTED TIME.WITHOUT BEING BORN AGAIN, ALL THE WATER IN THE OCEANS WILL NOT HELP YOU GET INTO HEAVEN.
THAT IS HOW I SEE IT BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT IS.
preston

I agree.

Also the order doesn't have an effectiveness. By that I mean an infant can be baptised, but latter be born again....He does not have to be baptised again in water.(Some feel called to do so, usually as a call to become part of a congregation.)

But its like circumcision. You can only have it done once.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405643 Nov 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, someone who continues to post falsities, even after having been shown the truth, is a trouble maker. An ignorant and deceitful trouble maker.
From our profession of faith;
"For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate
of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified
under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end."
I expect we will never again hear from you that we believe "rituals" save us. If so it will only confirm that you are indeed nothing more than a trouble maker.
Anthony
Peace

I would like to add that "he suffered died and was buried, he descended into hell, on the third day he arose again...."

Sometimes this descent is left out.

I would like to see if some would agree or disagree based on scripture....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#405644 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>looks like Live Action has gained a new convert.
Yahweh when the other day when You were insistting that I saw God in an airplane.
YOU DO KNOW THAT LTM INSISTED THAT LIVE ACTION WAS ME, DONT YOU
For all those who may or may not be confused Persy while in flight over Vietnam (Not in a AIRPLANE he say's) saw Jesus (Not God so does this entail not God the Son) which he states makes him an apostle according to the message recieved.

Come on really for all we know he could have been in a hang glider flying over China Town sailed into a cliff and while in descent hit his head on a rock and woke up in a Roman Catholic Hospital as a patient were he saw a picture hanging on th e wall of his room of the Pontiff thinking it was Jesus being blinded from the flourisit lighting in his deranged mind related it to him being equal to the Apstle Paul.

yep that about sums it up.

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#405645 Nov 28, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
Peace
I would like to add that "he suffered died and was buried, he descended into hell, on the third day he arose again...."
Sometimes this descent is left out.
I would like to see if some would agree or disagree based on scripture....
Robert, Anthony's post contained the Nicene Creed. The line you are referring to is from the Apostles' Creed.

Perhaps this will help:

ARTICLE 5
"HE DESCENDED INTO HELL. ON THE THIRD DAY HE ROSE AGAIN"
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Sat pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition Sat Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web