Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405506 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>read the verse before this verse.1 john 2:19
and then you can easily understand why those anti christs didnt stay with john and his group.
they werent Christians or saved individuals, they were anti christs in the first place.
that is why we are encouraged NOT to take one verse and make our doctrine out of it.
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
and you would think that they believe this 19th verse is proof positive that OSAS is Biblical , but they dont take that 18th verse in its entirity and show how it aligns itself with that 19th verses.
using the two together gives us a better understanding of what John is saying to Us.
and if I was a betting man, I would venture to say, that it will go over Marge's head . even when the Truth is shown to some people, they dont have enough intelligence to fully understand, which is why I told her to find a better teacher than 4bdn et al.
and that includes graham(yeah, I saw gif buttering up to thost people) who broke Gods admonition not to "curse" Gods people, of course he accuses me all day long about "cursing "he and his wife.lol
Yea, these people went out on their own and were NO longer in fellowship with the apostles....

I believe they didn't respect the apostles' authority....

As we read in the following verses:

1 John 4:3-6

3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

5 [They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.]

6 [We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us.] This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Their true nature comes out....resisting the apostles' authority...

And, yes, we cannot just take one verse alone...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#405507 Nov 28, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
Your are (to late to establish Clayism )...
read about God's potter...and the Clay...
Jer 18:1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Jer 18:2 Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
Jer 18:3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels
Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Jer 18:5 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Jer 18:6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
Jer 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
Jer 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
~~~
Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

___

We have not hesitated to tell the Roman Catholics on this forum that their vessel is marred,..

but

no one seems to want to listen.

Before a new vessel can be made on the potters wheel...it will have to be beaten to powder, mixed again with water....and reshaped, remolded...a process that could be very painful,

~~~
In a hypothetical sense.

Catholicism is a broken marred vessel that has lost it's usefulness.

It has become -->hardened<-- against the word of God...

H`ARDEN, v.t. h`ardn.

To make hard or more hard; to make firm or compact; to indurate; as, to harden iron or steel; to harden clay.

1. To confirm in effrontery; to make impudent; as, to harden the face.

2. To make obstinate, unyielding or refractory; as, to harden the neck. Jer 19.

3. To confirm in wickedness, opposition or enmity; to make obdurate.

Why then do ye harden your hearts, as Pharaoh and the Egyptians hardened their hearts? 1 Sam 6.

So God is said to harden the heart, when he withdraws the influences of his spirit from men, and leaves them to pursue their own corrupt inclinations.

4. To make insensible or unfeeling; as, to harden one against impressions of pity or tenderness.

5. To make firm; to endure with constancy.

I would harden myself in sorrow. Job 6.

6. To inure; to render firm or less liable to injury, by exposure or use; as, to harden to a climate or to labor.

___

H`ARDEN, v.i. h`ardn. To become hard or more hard; to acquire solidity or more compactness. Mortar hardens by drying.

1. To become unfeeling.

2. To become inured.

3. To indurate, as flesh.

excerpt from Websters dictionary
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405508 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So now are yo changing the rules of the game to only if one has had 'many opportunities'? That has not been your stance in the past.
I haven't changed a thing.

"Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity."

"Those who die for the faith, those who are catechumens, and all those who, without knowing of the Church but acting under the inspiration of grace, seek God sincerely and strive to fulfill his will, can be saved even if they have not been baptized (cf. LG 16)."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405509 Nov 28, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....lol....
This made my day, Preston....
Preston asked me last time why I brought up osas and he even said we should drop it because it doesn't accomplish anything because we disagree on it....so I did and haven't talked about it since then.

and here we are again...
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#405510 Nov 28, 2012
Bookmobile

November 28, 2012— byBill Crowder

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Philippians 3:7-14

That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.—Philippians 3:10

Bible in a Year:
2 Corinthians 4-6

Before the electronic gadgets and distractions of today, the long summer days of my boyhood were brightened each week when the bookmobile arrived. It was a bus lined with book-filled shelves that were transported from the regional library to neighborhoods so that those without transportation could access them. Because of the bookmobile, I spent many a happy summer day reading books that would otherwise have been inaccessible. To this day, I am thankful for the love of books that the bookmobile fostered in me.

Some Bible scholars say that the apostle Paul had a love of books and studied them till the end of his life. He wrote in his final letter,“Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come—and the books, especially the parchments”(2 Tim. 4:13). The books he was asking for could very well have been the Old Testament and/or some of his own writings.

I’m sure that Paul’s pursuit of knowledge was more than intellectual curiosity or entertainment. It was the pursuit of Christ that drove Paul. His goal:“That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death”(Phil 3:10). I pray that this same pursuit will drive us today.
Heavenly Father, give me a passionate desireto know You and Your Son. Please stir my heartfor this, the greatest of all pursuits, so thatI might grow ever closer to You. Amen.
To know Christ is the greatest of all knowledge.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405511 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So in your mind, not being baptized is the unpardonable sin.
?

I would say that intentionally rejecting Christ's command is a rejection of Christ.

"If you love me you will keep my commandments"
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#405512 Nov 28, 2012
Bible Verse Of the Day

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalms 103:12 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth."—3 John 3.
HE truth was in Gaius, and Gaius walked in the truth. If the first had not been the case, the second could never have occurred; and if the second could not be said of him the first would have been a mere pretence. Truth must enter into the soul, penetrate and saturate it, or else it is of no value. Doctrines held as a matter of creed are like bread in the hand, which ministers no nourishment to the frame; but doctrine accepted by the heart, is as food digested, which, by assimilation, sustains and builds up the body. In us truth must be a living force, an active energy, an indwelling reality, a part of the woof and warp of our being. If it be in us, we cannot henceforth part with it. A man may lose his garments or his limbs, but his inward parts are vital, and cannot be torn away without absolute loss of life. A Christian can die, but he cannot deny the truth. Now it is a rule of nature that the inward affects the outward, as light shines from the centre of the lantern through the glass: when, therefore, the truth is kindled within, its brightness soon beams forth in the outward life and conversation. It is said that the food of certain worms colours the cocoons of silk which they spin: and just so the nutriment upon which a man's inward nature lives gives a tinge to every word and deed proceeding from him. To walk in the truth, imports a life of integrity, holiness, faithfulness, and simplicity—the natural product of those principles of truth which the gospel teaches, and which the Spirit of God enables us to receive. We may judge of the secrets of the soul by their manifestation in the man's conversation. Be it ours to-day, O gracious Spirit, to be ruled and governed by Thy divine authority, so that nothing false or sinful may reign in our hearts, lest it extend its malignant influence to our daily walk among men.

God Bless you all Today
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405513 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>How can you possibly attribute all of these things to a baptized infant when the cold hard reality is many baptized catholics grow up to be very ungodly, unchristian men. For that matter some of your Popes were prime examples of that which I am describing. Do you believe that you most evil, baptized popes were christians, were reborn by the Spirit of God, are now in heaven? It would seem rether evident to me that baptism accomplished nothing in thier lives.
Baptism doesn't guarantee salvation. No, I don't think the bad popes, if they died unrepentent, are in heaven. Many self-described 'born again' and 'saved' evangelicals are ungodly and unchristian. That's why belief in OSAS is so dangerous.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405514 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> Spam. Inaccurate and silly. The GIFT that Jesus gives us is FORGIVENESS. And it is recieved with thanksgiving. And THEN (pay attention) after the gift has been recieved(which is Christ in us(the Holy Spirit) THEN ....THEN THEN begins to work in our hearts to mold us into the image of Christ. Then HE begins to guide and direct our thoughts and actions. I honestly don't understand why you can not at least understand what I am telling you over and over and over, even if you don't chose to accept it? sigh..........
You are not a puppet. Self-described 'saved' evangelicals are not being guided and directed by the Holy Spirit to commit mortal sin, but they do it anyway. Jesus will forgive us if we repent, but we can choose not to. We are not OSAS.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405515 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are to silly to even try to dialog with HOHO. Now go eat your cracker.
Mocking the Eucharist again. I'm sorry for you.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#405516 Nov 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
?
I would say that intentionally rejecting Christ's command is a rejection of Christ.
"If you love me you will keep my commandments"
Matthew 19:12
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405517 Nov 28, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Dali Lama is a sinner who has not accepted Christ. He's a pagan who worships a false religious belief which is condemned by Sacred Scripture.
Plus, you really know nothing of the man. Here's some insight into his character that you seem to either be blind to or haven't heard about:
"Recent Wikileaks information has provided a fascinating insight into the Dalai Lama’s mindset before he fled Tibet for India. As this article shows, the Dalai Lama tentatively requested the USA, through his emissary Tsepon Shakabpa, for military support in 1961. Shakabpa requests, in a meeting with Fraser Wilkins, the First Secretary of the US Embassy in New Delhi:"
http://dorjeshugdentruth.wordpress.com/2011/0...
Read the entire article there about him then I dare you to equate this mere man with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
You are a catholic because just by CHANCE you were born into a catholic family. God didn't choose you to be catholic no more than he chose my neighbor to be jewish.

If you were born into a loving Muslim family and was taught and worshipped Islam, do you honestly believe you would find your way back to your present belief? Not likely.

Every religion claims they are the true belief. Not one religion today can verify with any certainty that God even exists. You go by what you were taught by your family and your family like all families has no special knowledge either. Hand me down family tradition.

Its only a belief.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#405518 Nov 28, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:12
Much as you'd like to believe it, castration is not one of Jesus's commands.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405519 Nov 28, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I already know why you won't submit. You are in bondage to Satan. He has such a grip on you that he's going to drag you down to the pit with him.
It's sad watching a train wreck in progress. You're like little kids that have been warned not to play in the street, but defiantly do it anyway. Thinking you're way cool and too smart for words until you're hit head on by eternity.
You won't talk so high and mighty when you meet your Creator, Michael. Your arrogance is going to be taken down a notch or two.
There you go again with "I am better than you nonsense".

Your religion teaches you to fear being different. You fear being an independant thinker as what we are taught in school we should be. Your life is NOT on your terms, you give up your own self esteem and unable to manage your thought process without first getting persmission from your belief. Your church teaches you that you are a sinner, you are unworthy, you are unclean.

You are afraid and unwilling to assume total responsibility for your life and actions, you are a perfect match for organized relgion.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405520 Nov 28, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was still alive when he said:
Today, you will be with me in paradise...
Jesus had the authority to forgive sins on earth....therefore, I believe he was saved then....
As Jesus hadn't died when he said this to the thief and there was no death, burial and resurrection yet...
Truth good friend

Yes. Jesus did have the Authority.

I think the point is here that the thief was repentent. And he accepted Jesus as blameless, that they both were going to die, and wanted to be remembered when Jesus came into His Kingdom....

This is the the essence of Christian belief, in Jesus Christ as our salvation.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405521 Nov 28, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I already know why you won't submit. You are in bondage to Satan. He has such a grip on you that he's going to drag you down to the pit with him.
It's sad watching a train wreck in progress. You're like little kids that have been warned not to play in the street, but defiantly do it anyway. Thinking you're way cool and too smart for words until you're hit head on by eternity.
You won't talk so high and mighty when you meet your Creator, Michael. Your arrogance is going to be taken down a notch or two.
DustStorm says.....

Michael says. BHOOGHA! BHOOGHA! lol!

Submitting to one belief, will suffocate you and make you lash out like you do to me. Its sad when I see people submit their own free will to something that can't even verify exists.

Leave the mythology behind, and learn to think for yourself for just once!. Your own intellect is a better tool of spiritual growth than any religious teachings.

The worst mistake you can make is to attach your IDENTITY to any particular religion or philosophy. Saying I am a christian I am a Jew, I am a Buddhist. This forces your mind into a set perspective robbing you of spiritual depth and confuses your ability to perecive reality as the way it is.

One belief will suffocate yourself and lash out like you do to me. Its sad when I see people submit their own free will to something that can't even verify exists.

Christians claim God is an ALL loving God.........you shouldn't fiddle with that.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405522 Nov 28, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 1:8
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
I do not live my life depending on quotes from the bible.

If going 5 mph over the speed limit is a sin then thats about all I have done wrong in the last while.

If you have sin, why not share it with us? You are willing to share it with a stranger in the confessional, why not share it with us, your friends?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405523 Nov 28, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame, guilt and fear -- and because some of us laugh at their Early Iron Age nonsense -- they really hope that we will be tortured forever by their angry, vengeful god.
Otherwise, their shame, guilt and fear is all for nothing.
The only sin that we were taught that we should have any worries with are mortal sin. Mortal sin consists of breaking the 10 commandments.

Well, I haven't coveted my neighbors wife lately so I am clear of that sin........can't think of any others. lol!

The catholic posters are mad because they claim they are sinners and I claim I can't think of anything I have done wrong that warrants mentioning as a sin. Maybe that is why I haven't been to confession in 14 years. Must be a record!

Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#405524 Nov 28, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Much as you'd like to believe it, castration is not one of Jesus's commands.
Why not? I think it's absurd, but how do you know? Some early church father certainly felt Jesus meant what he said.

OK, where is a comprehensive list of Jesus' commands?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405525 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
Gill speaks a little about what John was facing and the numeous people who were bring false doctine into the real Gospel.
The apostle might well say there were many, since in his time were the followers of Simon Magus, the Menandrians, Saturnilians, Basilidians, Nicolaites, Gnostics, Carpocratians, Cerinthians, Ebionites, and Nazarenes, as reckoned up by Epiphanius. And hence we learn, that antichrist is not one single individual, but many; antichrist in the former clause is explained by antichrists in this; see 1 John 2:22;
and in the next few verses , the "emphasis " is on anti christs, which proving that John was and is talking about those antichrists,
not pseudo, might have been christians.
OSAs is false and can not be proven by the bible as being a biblical truth.
if OSAS is Biblical , then why must God {warn} us not to sin and if we do sin, then we must REPENT
preston

Here is the way I see it..., when a Jew breaks one of the Laws of Moses, they have recourse(repentence and sacrifice), but may not do it. For this reason they perish. The same is true of the Christian. If a Christian sins, they have recourse(repentence and sacrifice), but may not do it. They perish.

When one does not abide with Christ, they go their own way, and that makes them an anti-Christ....It is when one does not keep repentence and sacrifice they go astray.

Today, there are Jews who don't believe in God. That makes them anti-Jews. Similarly we have anti-Christs among Christians.

In the end God will seperate them out. In the meantime, we need to be aware, and understand, then choose the good, which is of God. In former times, the shift came from calling people anti-Christs, to calling them heretics....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,184
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... 4 hr Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed 4 hr W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... 14 hr tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) 16 hr JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Fri Tom Jones 1
More from around the web