Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,522)

Showing posts 390,421 - 390,440 of530,190
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

who="Prince Helmut Pipke"
what are you talking about???
how many pipes you smoked before this post?

How is Dundalk? We used to live there.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

who="Robert F"
KayMarie good friend
You might be surprised....
By the way, Jesus was a man too.

Jesus was MORE than a man...
Let's see you walk on water...

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was still alive when he said:
Today, you will be with me in paradise...
Jesus had the authority to forgive sins on earth....therefore, I believe he was saved then....
As Jesus hadn't died when he said this to the thief and there was no death, burial and resurrection yet...
~~~

To me the fact that he was saved is the important event..

That he was cleansed from all unrighteousness, proves the Love of God
works under any and all circumstances..

Jude the brother of Jesus wrote,... later...

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

DayStorm wrote:
Anyone notice how disingenuous Michael is? One day he says he's an agnostic, the next like in post #405365 he uses atheistic jargon "the invisible man in the sky!"
Michael, you are of your father the devil, he was a liar and a murderer from the beginning.
BTW, it is the FOOL that says in their heart there is no God!
And what does your bible say about calling someone a Fool?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

who="TheBlackSheep" Can you imagine, a supreme being, the creator of all, requiring you, the created, to do anything for it?
Can you imagine this supreme being requiring you to preform rituals to please it?
How f'ing stupid are you?
What do you require of your child?
<quoted text>
Can you imagine torturing your son, for eternity, for simply not believing in you?
Or for making a simple mistake and dying before he could ask for your forgiveness?
No, you would never torture your child for eternity for making any mistake! And you ain't a supreme being!

Silly worldly idea of God. He doesn't torture anyone for making 'a simple mistake'. He is a loving Father.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
Not at all.
But I can't see your so-called "Christian love" in the last statement above.
Do you always tell others that they are clueless, and always thinking you are right.
Do you als tell them that you know the mind of "God" so they better be quiet about everything?
You are the clueless one - and more than likely, it is because you have listened to the nonsense of men, instead of Jesus.
Your old-school mentality has not been valid for quite some time.

No, you are the one who disses everyone on here. You are always right in your own eyes...and, in your eyes, no one else knows anything.

That is why I said that you are clueless...

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does your bible say about calling someone a Fool?
The Bible says Old testament

Psa_53:1 t A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

New Testament..

Mat_5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep" Can you imagine, a supreme being, the creator of all, requiring you, the created, to do anything for it?
Can you imagine this supreme being requiring you to preform rituals to please it?
How f'ing stupid are you?
What do you require of your child?
<quoted text>
Can you imagine torturing your son, for eternity, for simply not believing in you?
Or for making a simple mistake and dying before he could ask for your forgiveness?
No, you would never torture your child for eternity for making any mistake! And you ain't a supreme being!
Silly worldly idea of God. He doesn't torture anyone for making 'a simple mistake'. He is a loving Father.
KayMarie
~~~
God forgives sin if we own that we have sinned

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
_~~~
YOU CHANGED THE SUBJECT...
The word WE WERE DISCUSSING WAS RITUAL...NOT ROMISH..
RITUAL
CHURCH, n.
1. A house consecrated to the worship of God, among Christians; the Lords house. This seems to be the original meaning of the word. The Greek, to call out or call together, denotes an assembly or collection. But, Lord, a term applied by the early Christians to Jesus Christ; and the house in which they worshipped was named from the title. So church goods, bona ecclesiastica; the Lords day, dies dominica.
2. The collective body of Christians, or of those who profess to believe in Christ, and acknowledge him to be the Savior of mankind. In this sense, the church is sometimes called the Catholic or Universal Church.
3. A particular number of christens, united under one form of ecclesiastical government, in one creed, and using the same ritual and ceremonies; as the English church; the Gallican church; the Presbyterian church; the Romish church; the Greek church.
4. The followers of Christ in a particular city or province; as the church of Ephesus, or of Antioch.
5. The disciples of Christ assembled for worship in a particular place, as in a private house. Col 4.
6. The worshipers of Jehovah or the true God, before the advent of Christ; as the Jewish church.
7. The body of clergy, or ecclesiastics, in distinction from the laity. Hence, ecclesiastical authority.
8. An assembly of sacred rulers convened in Christs name to execute his laws.
9. The collective body of Christians, who have made a public profession of the Christian religion, and who are untied under the same pastor; in distinction from those who belong to the same parish, or ecclesiastical society, but have made no profession of their faith.
CHURCH, v.t. To perform with any one the office of returning thanks in the church, after any signal deliverance, as from the dangers of childbirth.
Ritual.DEFINED

Ritual
RIT'UAL, a.

1. Pertaining to rites; consisting of rites; as ritual service or sacrifices.

2. Prescribing rites; as the ritual law.

RIT'UAL, n. A book containing the rites to be observed, or the manner of performing divine service in a particular church, diocese or the like.

~~~
RITUAL DEFINED

Solemnize
SOL'EMNIZE, v.t.

1. To dignify or honor by ceremonies; to celebrate; as, to solemnize the birth of Christ. Their choice nobility and flow'r met from all parts to solemnize this feast.

2. To perform with ritual ceremonies and respect, or according to legal forms; as, to solemnize a marriage.

3. To peform religiouly once a year.

4. To make grave, serious and reverential; as, to solemnize the mind for the duties of the sanctuary.[This use of the word is well authorized in the United States.]

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

who="Fr Robert Dye"
Then you don't pay very close attention.
I've said it more than once.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the World. There is no other name, in the Heavens or on the Earth, by which we are to be saved. He died on the cross to save us from the consequence of our sins, and rose from the dead to bring us to everlasting life.
This is the Catholic faith.
You can pretend to be an authoritative teacher of the Catholic Faith.
Okay.
So granted.
Now, whenever you misrepresent Catholic Teaching, you will be held responsible for it.
You have presented yourself as an authoritative teacher mpre than once, refusing to defer to Catholics who insist that what you say we believe is not correct.
Never do you acknowledge that you do not really know, and that the question really ought to be addressed to a Catholic, or even better, a priest.
So you can have your claim, that you know better than Catholics and even priests what the Catholic faith teaches.
Were I you, I'd think very carefully about what you have done, but I am pretty sure you never will. Your hatred for Catholics and the Catholic Church is simply too strong for you to ever say something so simple as "I don't teally know that."
Good luck.
You'll need it.
Rob

Rob...I have no hatred for any Catholic. I have friends who are Catholic...and a few relatives. I believe that Catholics miss it on some issues...but as to being told differently...I wouldn't have to go too far on this forum to show you that the Catholic 'viewpoint' is that "The R.C. is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH". The Catholic POV...not only on here, but in CATHOLIC books I have, teaches that Protestantism is of the devil. Only a couple of you have been willing to recognize us as Christians at all.

Martin Luther is often portrayed as an insane person. He was not a perfect man (there aren't any), but he brought us a wonderful truth that we can have fellowship with God BY FAITH...and NO human being can excommunicate us.

I do not tell you these things to offend you, but I don't look to my denomination to save me. R.C.'s seem to feel that if they are out of harmony with the R.C., they are bound for hell for sure.

Try to understand...
KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLOL! Um...
"He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be condemned."
"he that believeth" - choice - action by Self.
"and is baptized" - choice - action by Self
"shall be saved" - supposition because the closest anyone has come to actually dying are through NDEs, and many Atheists - as with this website stories suggests - "God" pays not to what religion one practices
http://near-death.com/atheists.html

"but he that believeth not shall be condemned"
- another supposition made by someone who has not died.
- Why do people continue to believe this?
+ A: Fear
+ One does not need to fear death, but the individuals you believe, unfortunately instills this fear into a person, instead of teaching the fundamental morals of right and wrong, love and hate, and peace and conflict. If one can learn the good things in life, then that fear should not be within the mind.

But you refuse to accept this "peace within", especially if another non-Catholic has it already instilled.

Your ignorance is beginning to show DS.

Uhmmm....Open your mind - there is much more in the world you plainly cannot see or understand.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

DayStorm wrote:
Anyone notice how disingenuous Michael is? One day he says he's an agnostic, the next like in post #405365 he uses atheistic jargon "the invisible man in the sky!"
Michael, you are of your father the devil, he was a liar and a murderer from the beginning.
BTW, it is the FOOL that says in their heart there is no God!
The anti-Christ is here.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you have a "religion" alright. It's called gnosticism. A heretical one nonetheless.
"heresy"

I think not.

Please show me where "God" has specifically stated that Gnosticism is a heresy.

DS - open your mind.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote..
"Confrinting---are the "TRUMPET SECTION--
You flatter me... saying I am in the trumpet section...
Heb 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
Heb 12:19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded,........
Let me clarify your "own flattery"! You are the "trumpet section" and a "noisy clanging gong" that spends his time on this forum---judging, condemning and attacking the personal salvation and faith of ANY and ALL Christians (especially Catholics, whenever you quote bible verses...... You have "proven" to all of us Christians that the "spreading of anti-catholic hate and division" is the entire basis of your half-truth, half-heresy Christian ministry!!
God is "definitely" not the author of your bible only preaching!!
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
From darkness to light...
Jesus told Paul....
Acts 26:18
18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,~~~~~so that they may receive forgiveness of sins~~~~~ and a place among those who are [[[sanctified]]] by faith in me.
What makes such a [new creation] and a [new life] a reality in Christ Jesus?
Live Action:
awe haw you admit to satan having power most seem to over look this...
Live Action
Norman, OK
So the question today is what makes the creator a god....answer please.
**********Please notice that men are turned from the power of darkness (satan) TO GOD.
Satan's power is only the power to deceive. He can't make you do anything...but men are drawn away by their own lusts. Men follow the deceitful voice of Satan...not his 'power'.
II The Creator is not A god. He is THE God of heaven and of earth.
KayMarie
No God Only that man mortal man made him a god.he is your heavenly father.And the laws were never done away with never fulfilled this is why the earth is sin sick.Guess no one listened to Yahshua ether.To keep the laws is a hard thing to do this is why no one does and why no one recognized the law much easier to not keep them.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my....I don't even know where to begin with you....
"Begin with me"??
- wow - are you serious?
- What can freelance, armchair-evangelist do to others? Your arrogance is beginning to show Truth.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I will make this short and sweet....CLUELESS....and watch your language....
No I am not.

Wanna try again?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what it means "to be conformed to the world."
Exactly.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Unbelief causes no stability....
James 1:6
6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
Sounds like you miss the context of the passage.

Here let me help you:
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Sounds to me you lack the wisdom that James has instructed, and instead, of acquiring it.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>And, there is more to unbelief...something you need to study on...
Oh I have. It sounds like you haven't though.

Why do you have unbelief in what Jesus says?
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Power is in the Word of God, in which you seem to be lacking in that area....
I may lack many things but i'm not the one worshiping a man made god.
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We live in a sin sick world because of UNBELIEF....
Belief in a easy way a broad road.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.....
Here are some CATHOLIC FACTS for you HOJO.
A survey from the CARDINAL NEWMAN SOCIETY (CNS) Center for the study of Catholic higher education of 506 current and recent gradute catholics under the age of 30.
1) Only 64% of PRACTICING catholics said they agred that the fullness of Gods truth is found in the catholic church.
(remember these were PRACTICING CATHOLICS who stated above.
2) Only 66% agreed that the communion bread and wine at mass truly beocmes the body and blod of jesus christ.
(remember these were PRACTICING CATHOLICS who stated this.
3) 61% agreed women should be allowed to become Catholic priests
4) About 50% believed abortion should be legal and that pre-marital sex with someone you really care about si not sinful and that same-sex marriage should be legal.
Its obvious your catholic church leades are not doing a very good job at teaching young catholics of the importance of catholic traditions.
Blame me if you must, its always my fault.
.....Information you HOJO should know about. The young catholics, the ones of the future have spoken.
The teachings, doctrine, biblical and historical TRUTH's in the Catholic Church are not based upon a "matter of opinion", taking a vote, or (poll sampling). The Historical and Biblical TRUTH's that are grounded in the doctrinal teachings of the Catholic faith are a "matter of obedience"! Obedience to the TRUE interpretation of Sacred Scripture, the Magisterium of the Church and the Historical verifiable TRUTH that has been handed down for over 2000 years. Nobody is forcing ANYONE to belong to Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. If people disagree and do not like the teachings of the Church---there are contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only Protestant Churches "just down the street" where anyone can go a be told "what they want to hear"!! That is why there are over 42,000 inconsistent Protestant denomination, in which many support abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, women ministers, gay preachers and on and on --accepting and believing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING---whichever way the "political wind blows"!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"heresy"
I think not.
Please show me where "God" has specifically stated that Gnosticism is a heresy.
DS - open your mind.
Does that mean any of us can open up a religion and say that?

Heck, if it ain't in the Bible, then I can do it.

Im going to start Clayism. Its truth.
It aint? Show me where God specifically says that Clayism is heresy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 390,421 - 390,440 of530,190
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••