Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649757 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Athens, OH

#405449 Nov 27, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yep and you explained it well, i'll keep reposting it until they get it:)
Go find you a Preacher that will teach you right and dont depend on some filthy mouthed vermin like 4bdn
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405450 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe scripture records anyone giving it back. But that does not mean you can't.
You said "you can't undo a birth".
Well in a way, you can.
We could decide we don't accept Gods gift of life anymore and jump off a bridge.
Doesn't mean you can't? Can you over power the Holy Spirit who says we are sealed unto the day of redemption? Can you over power Christ and make Him a liar who said that He would finish the work He began? And ending ones life does not undo the birth. It just ends the Physical life. If we are born from on high unto eternal life, how can you end ETERNAL LIFE? And if scripture does not tell us explicitly, we are not to presume and make it up.
preston

Athens, OH

#405451 Nov 27, 2012
in this verse we see the writer is talking to the Brethren, not sinners.

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

here we see that a persons heart can turn to one of unbelief, and WALK AWAY FROM THE LIVING GOD.

Now that isnt what I am saying, that is straight from the word of God.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405452 Nov 27, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yep and you explained it well, i'll keep reposting it until they get it:)
That's funny Marge. You may be here a long time. lol
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405453 Nov 27, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM serious when it comes to "not playing" your bible only question and answer merry-go-round game of "Protestant confusion and chaos. Like I said before--go ask God to get an answer your question! If that doesn't work then I am sure that you will ask your two Protestant propaganda heretics--Ron Rhodes and James McCarthy--to fill you in on their mission of distorting the TRUTH of the bible and of Apostolic Church History. These two "clowns" fit in very nicely into your anti-catholic (3 ring circus) dog and pony show!!!
You are to silly to even try to dialog with HOHO. Now go eat your cracker.
preston

Athens, OH

#405454 Nov 27, 2012
only karen will tell you that it is a Repenting Way, not one that a person can do as they want, carry threats to other people, talk filthy to those who withstand them, and I could go on and on, since we have seen much from these types of people.

and the only person that beleives in OSAS that doesnt live like the devil, talk like the devil and live like him is Chuck, and it is a shame that he beleives like he does, but I beleive that he lives like a Christian ought to live,

I certainly cant say the same about some others on here who beleive in OSAS.

4bdn talks like the devil, marge buys dope to last her a year at a time acccording to her own words.

and then you two want to try to convince the catholics on here are LOST,

look at the mirror, you have no legal right to talk and present yourself as being Christ like.
preston

Athens, OH

#405455 Nov 27, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny Marge. You may be here a long time. lol
she will not care, the longer the day, the better she feels, aint that right marge?lol

and people know what I am talking about.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405456 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I get what you guys are saying. That's not the issue.
The issue is whether or not we can give the gift back to Christ. We say a person can receive the Holy Spirit; experience the love and mercy of God.; then later reject Our Lord and choose sin.
You say, those people never received the gift then.
Right?
Yes, Clay, that is pretty close. One can experience the goodness of God, maybe even go along for the ride for a time and still never surrender thier hearts to Him. Cetainly Judas experienced these things. He walked and talked and fellowshipped with God with us, JESUS. But he was never truely surrendered. No man could tell the difference. The other apostles did not reckognize the fact. In outward appeatance he looked and acted just like the rest. Can you imagine how it must have grieved the apostles to see Judas (a man they no doubt loved and trusted and communed with) turn out to be a tare among the wheat. To become a betrayer of Christ. Can you imagine how this must have shaken thier faith? But according to the scriptues he was never converted.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405457 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>she will not care, the longer the day, the better she feels, aint that right marge?lol
Get thee behind me!
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405458 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
only karen will tell you that it is a Repenting Way, not one that a person can do as they want, carry threats to other people, talk filthy to those who withstand them, and I could go on and on, since we have seen much from these types of people.
and the only person that beleives in OSAS that doesnt live like the devil, talk like the devil and live like him is Chuck, and it is a shame that he beleives like he does, but I beleive that he lives like a Christian ought to live,
4bdn talks like the devil, marge buys dope to last her a year at a time acccording to her own words.
look at the mirror, you have no legal right to talk and present yourself as being Christ like.
Get thee behind me SATAN.
preston

Athens, OH

#405459 Nov 27, 2012
now it is time for Chuck to come forward and use 1 john 2:19.lol
preston

Athens, OH

#405460 Nov 27, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Get thee behind me!
WOW!!!!!

did jesus come back and no one but the filthy mouth pxxxxxx know it
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405461 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Go find you a Preacher that will teach you right and dont depend on some filthy mouthed vermin like 4bdn
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405462 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
Get thee behind me SATAN!
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405463 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>she will not care, the longer the day, the better she feels, aint that right marge?lol
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405464 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!!!
did jesus come back and no one but the filthy mouth pxxxxxx know it
Get thee behind me, SATAN.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405465 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
Get thee behind me,SATAN!

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#405466 Nov 27, 2012
Gunslinger wrote:
Hell, I've been saying that Catholics are the only folks who do not piss God off for three months now. About time the Pope picked up on my lead.
Can't find anywhere where it says"The only way to the FATHER is through the Pope!" So...is the Pope still infallible these days?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#405467 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
in this verse we see the writer is talking to the Brethren, not sinners.
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
here we see that a persons heart can turn to one of unbelief, and WALK AWAY FROM THE LIVING GOD.
Now that isnt what I am saying, that is straight from the word of God.
preston, I have a question for you if you don't mind. How does a person believe in something that seems ridiculous to them? I am, of course, speaking of myself and talking about all the so-called "visitations" of Mary, whom Jesus never once claimed she'd have any intercessory power. For example, the clergy at Medjugorge (sp?) have announced time and time again that nothing supernatural is going on there, yet people still flock to that place all the time. They simply WANT to believe she appears there, don't you think? I try at all times to keep an open mind, but there's no way I can take something like that seriously.

I'd really like your opinion on this. Thanks.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405468 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>YOU DON"T KNOW? YOU the GREAT CATHOLIC SCHOLAR? Are you serious. Let me ask you another way. Is there ANY OTHER WAY TO GET TO HEAVEN b;ut by the BLOOD OF JESUS AND HIS SACRIFICE AT CALVERY? And do you think God would have require the sacrifice of His only Son if there was any other way??????????
You "already" know the answer 4GVN....Quit trying to "bait" Catholics and other Christians into your (Rhodes/McCarthy) heretical "bible only" question and answer "3 ring circus game"! Your Protestant (contradicting) "personal opinion" answers are a "total waste of time"! Study the Catholic Catechism if you "really want to know" the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible. But we, as Catholics, ALL KNOW that you won't do that--because you would rather live in world of "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity in which your "personal opinions" are the (final authority)--just like the rest of your 42,000+ inconsistent and conflicting bible only Protestants believe!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 13 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web