Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,513)

Showing posts 390,241 - 390,260 of512,298
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am sure he has taken care of that...
Yes...I am hoping and praying....the angels will be rejoicing...

Praise the Lord!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
"God sometimes deliberately leaves out something that might be 'worshipped'. He did not reveal the grave site of Moses, because men would have built a worship site there; honoring the servant, rather than the Master."
Thinking you know what "God" can or cannot do is not being honest.
Why do you try and mislead others?
There is nothing impossible with God (Jesus said so). He can do whatever He wishes.
You are not 'truth personified', but you accuse everyone else of lying IF YOU DON'T agree with them.
You are the deceiver...
KayMarie
"there is nothing impossible with God (Jesus said so)."

Prove it.

Your speculation is Self. Why do you ignore this?

I pray that "God" will give you understanding, instead of the ability to mislead others.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

You are the deceiver...
KayMarie
Prove it.

What have I stated that has deceived you?

Maybe it is yourself deceiving your Self.

Prove to me that I've placed deception in any of my posts.

You may talk a good game at your weekly Canasta gathering - but, it won't work here.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 17:11
11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you.
Circumcision was a command of God in the covenant that God made with Abraham in the Old Testament.
Could not be a descendant of Abraham without circumcision, and no one else was included in the promises that God made to Abraham.
All uncircumcised people were CUT OFF from being in Abraham's family.
Now, think about it.....aren't we CUT OFF from being in the body of Christ (the body of believers)(the church) if we ARE NOT baptized??????????
Circumcision was imposed on the Nation of Israel by the Law of Moses.
Baptism is imposed on what???
All nations....
Matthew 25:32
32 *All the nations* will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
Matthew 28:19
19 Therefore go and make disciples *of all nations,* baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Truth good friend

I think I understand what you are saying. And I too compare baptism with circumcision.

The problem is that it is not a "command" as you state, but it is a sign.

I looked up the Genesis 17:10,11 scriptures in Hebrew....and while we state, or imply it as a command in our many versions in English, that word is not used in Hebrew. Rather the best way is to leave it just as a token/sign....For us the word token is rather kind of a symbolic action and a "trifle" in our language, so I think "sign" is a better translation. It is more weighty, but leaves.

But as for those who follow in faith of Abraham(Romans 4:11), this too is a sign....some have yet to become circumcised, while others have made it a sign, so too is baptism.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

You are the deceiver...
KayMarie
Oh yeah - you may want to restate this, because it is you whom is stating what "God" can and cannot do. I don't.

Whom is really deceiving others?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston mo one with a heart would make fun of a retard child.
Or a child with a disablity. I have a grandson who is 18 now and just started to live on his own.
There are challenges for him but he is doing it. the left side of his body is like dead weight but he manages just great.
He only has one 1/4 of his brain that is operating, he is a wonderful boy happy and always smiling. God has blessed us richly with this child.
He has a Husky dog, and he gets up at 5:30 every morning and takes that dog for a walk, before he catches his school bus to a program were he is learning life skills.
I am sorry about your lose Preston, I have never lost a child to death, so to say I know how you feel won't be true.
But I have lost most of my family to alcohol, I have had to call police on my daughter and son 2-3 times one tried to beat me up the other my husband. Its heart breaking Preston.
We all have issues and things that have happened in our life that has formed our personality Preston.
I have been a street Mom to I don't know how many kids, I still get phone calls from many of them who were abused and just thrown out of the house. One man just came back He is in his 50's now its funny to see him, he was all pimples and a long neck last time I saw him LOL.
I gave him a little Bible when he left my house, he still had it and it was well used.
God doesn't want us fighting and judging each other Preston, no father wants to see his childing fighting among their children.
Everyone has a story to tell Preston life lessons that God has allowed in our lifes to use us to help others.
So lets prove to the nonbelievers that Born again Christians are not hateful mean people, but God fearing lovely people who are tolerate of others even if they are not were the other is Spirituality. Our journey isn't over yet Preston, God's plan for our life is unfolding at His speed not anyone elses.
WE ARE HIS WORKERMANSHIP. SOME OF US ARE PETERS AND PAULS, WHY WE ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE THEM WE ARE TO STRIVE TO BE LIKE JESUS.
SOME OF US MAY HAVE ALONG WAY TO GO, BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD WE WILL GET THERE.

When Joseph's brothers feared that he would retaliate after their father died, Joseph said, "You meant it for evil, BUT GOD USED IT FOR GOOD."

If we trust God's mercy, He will 'work all things together for our good'. He doesn't send evil...but when it comes, He knows how to get us 'home'.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See this scripture:
Colossians 2:11
11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands (PHYSICAL.) Your whole self ruled by the flesh (sinful state of human beings) was put off when you were circumcised by Christ (SPIRITUAL,)
Truth good friend

Yes. A very powerful and vivid picture, that Paul describes here.

Remember though, this was addressed to the Colossians, some of whom were falling back into their pagan worship, and making it a part of Christianity. I think Paul's emphasis here is that (they) we have been and are seperated to God, by Christ.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
I think I understand what you are saying. And I too compare baptism with circumcision.
I looked up the Genesis 17:10,11 scriptures in Hebrew....and while we state, or imply it as a command in our many versions in English, that word is not used in Hebrew. Rather the best way is to leave it just as a token/sign....For us the word token is rather kind of a symbolic action and a "trifle" in our language, so I think "sign" is a better translation. It is more weighty, but leaves.
But as for those who follow in faith of Abraham(Romans 4:11), this too is a sign....some have yet to become circumcised, while others have made it a sign, so too is baptism.
Robert,

I have to disagree with you....baptism is a command....

Do you think that repentance is a command???

As important as baptism is for the forgiveness of your sins making you pure and being buried with Christ, how can you then say it is not a command???

A person with true faith will want to follow the commands of Christ. There are many commands of Christ in the New Testament that we MUST follow and I am NOT talking about the 10 Commandments....

When it comes to the commands of Jesus/God, obedience to those commands are never optional as we MUST do God's will and NOT man's will.

Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth says........Adam lived physically until the age of 930. OK! thats probably when the earth was young and spun much faster and days and years clicked off at a rapid pace. When the earth started slowing down people started living shorter periods of time.(lol)
So much fallicy in the bible, and the sad part is people actually believe it.
makes no common sense.....
But it was believed in the early Iron Age, so it must be true....

along with talking snakes and bushes.

And the stars are for signs. They somehow forgot that one.

And the moon is a mini-sun, and ..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

If anyone is concerned about the prior posts, Gif does not mock handicapped people.

KayMarie
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
As important as baptism is for the forgiveness of your sins making you pure and being buried with Christ, how can you then say it is not a command???
A person with true faith will want to follow the commands of Christ. There are many commands of Christ in the New Testament that we MUST follow and I am NOT talking about the 10 Commandments....
When it comes to the commands of Jesus/God, obedience to those commands are never optional as we MUST do God's will and NOT man's will.
So why do so few (if any) Christian men become eunuchs as Jesus suggested?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry LTM that you have a family member going through this....
I pray that the Lord will continue to be with your love one and that the Lord will continue to give him strength, understanding and love.....
God brings people into our lives for a reason whether it be family members or friends....
I agree Truth, years ago when my husband was not saved and still having a few to many, I asked God to help me what was I suppose to do, "God spoke to me in my heart Love him the way he is " When I let go and let god work in my husband with no interfernce from me my husband got saved Go figure LOL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

who="Truth"
Robert,

Jesus submitted Himself to baptism, telling John that it was 'fulfilling all righteousness'. He said that, "Whosoever believes in Me, and is baptized shall be saved." I would not make a command of it, and condemn people with it, but simply consider it a matter of "following our Leader". He said, " I have given you an example..."

KayMarie
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Mt 28:18-20

God was not happy with them not circumcizing. Baptism is not symbolic it is a command.

Josh 5:2-7

2 At that time the Lord said to Joshua,“Make for yourself flint knives and circumcise again the sons of Israel the second time.” 3 So Joshua made himself flint knives and circumcised the sons of Israel at [a]Gibeath-haaraloth. 4 This is the reason why Joshua circumcised them: all the people who came out of Egypt who were males, all the men of war, died in the wilderness along the way after they came out of Egypt. 5 For all the people who came out were circumcised, but all the people who were born in the wilderness along the way as they came out of Egypt had not been circumcised. 6 For the sons of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, until all the nation, that is, the men of war who came out of Egypt,[b]perished because they did not listen to the voice of the Lord, to whom the Lord had sworn that He would not let them see the land which the Lord had sworn to their fathers to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey. 7 Their children whom He raised up in their place, Joshua [c]circumcised; for they were uncircumcised, because they had not circumcised them along the way.

1 Cor 7:14

14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston mo one with a heart would make fun of a retard child.
Or a child with a disablity. I have a grandson who is 18 now and just started to live on his own.
There are challenges for him but he is doing it. the left side of his body is like dead weight but he manages just great.
He only has one 1/4 of his brain that is operating, he is a wonderful boy happy and always smiling. God has blessed us richly with this child.
He has a Husky dog, and he gets up at 5:30 every morning and takes that dog for a walk, before he catches his school bus to a program were he is learning life skills.
I am sorry about your lose Preston, I have never lost a child to death, so to say I know how you feel won't be true.
But I have lost most of my family to alcohol, I have had to call police on my daughter and son 2-3 times one tried to beat me up the other my husband. Its heart breaking Preston.
We all have issues and things that have happened in our life that has formed our personality Preston.
I have been a street Mom to I don't know how many kids, I still get phone calls from many of them who were abused and just thrown out of the house. One man just came back He is in his 50's now its funny to see him, he was all pimples and a long neck last time I saw him LOL.
I gave him a little Bible when he left my house, he still had it and it was well used.
God doesn't want us fighting and judging each other Preston, no father wants to see his childing fighting among their children.
Everyone has a story to tell Preston life lessons that God has allowed in our lifes to use us to help others.
So lets prove to the nonbelievers that Born again Christians are not hateful mean people, but God fearing lovely people who are tolerate of others even if they are not were the other is Spirituality. Our journey isn't over yet Preston, God's plan for our life is unfolding at His speed not anyone elses.
WE ARE HIS WORKERMANSHIP. SOME OF US ARE PETERS AND PAULS, WHY WE ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE THEM WE ARE TO STRIVE TO BE LIKE JESUS.
SOME OF US MAY HAVE ALONG WAY TO GO, BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD WE WILL GET THERE.
When Joseph's brothers feared that he would retaliate after their father died, Joseph said, "You meant it for evil, BUT GOD USED IT FOR GOOD."
If we trust God's mercy, He will 'work all things together for our good'. He doesn't send evil...but when it comes, He knows how to get us 'home'.
KayMarie
Amen KM.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

KayMarie
I guess "He" chose not to help this family like you say "He" does.

You are confused on what you think you know the mind of "God".

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/msnbc-arti...

You are misleading again.

Please stop.

Where is "God's home"?

Have you been there? How do you know it exists? How can you promote something that you have no first-hand knowledge of?

Are you a prophet?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Hojo:
You must call yourself "Free Mind" because you enjoy "dreaming up things"!..... Where did I "ever say" Jesus was saving "only" a fraction of humanity------AND--------where did "I" or ANY CATHOLIC say that God will send most of humanity to Hell!
Almighty God is the "author" of who is saved and who is not, who is going to heaven (or hell) and who is not, as well as who has a personal relationship to His Son Jesus --and who does not!!(not you or me or ----------Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian (EVEN THOUGH-PROTESTANTS CLAIM THIS)-------The fact remains that -these and other--"BIBLE ONLY PROTESTANTS" have appointed themselves the "final judge" (in their own desperation) as to who is a Christian and who is not, who is saved and who is going to heaven---THUS RELIEVING GOD of HIS OWN ULTIMATE responsibility!!
You have received a lot of junk teaching about Protestants. Every Protestant I have known KNOWS that God is the ultimate judge. I know that as long
You seem to be trusting the RCC to get you through...and that is trusting man, not God.
Unfortunately, Confrinting, you are ONE of the bible only Protestants on this forum who "consistently" are condemning and judging us Catholics "calling us non-Christians. If you want to call it "Protestant junk teaching" then you, Orville,m 4GVN, justachristian1, OldJG and others have "bought into" this (Protestant trashing) of other Christians, as your way of causing division among the Christian Community of Believers. Furthermore my
trust has, is and will continue to be in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ (In the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH, at Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the Gospel Word of God Himself, the Sacraments, confession and the daily Adoration Prayer Chapel

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Truth good friend

We have three baptisms going on here....

A baptism of repentance(Matthew3:11)by water(by man)
A baptism in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, by water(by man).
A baptism of the Holy Spirit.(Matthew 3:11) by Jesus.

The first repentance is more a turning away from self, and allowing God to determine one's "fate"....And generally we don't do this baptism, though Jesus did. His response was let it be done...,not I command it be done.

Let me put it to you another way..., If a person on a deserted island sits down and never heard the Gospel or read it in the Bible, and he found a Bible, and then was to read it, and believe the Gospel Message, repent, and accept Jesus Christ as his personal savior, would/could this be enough for eternal salvation? I think so, even though he was not baptised in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit....

But because he is not around other Christians, he may not fully understand, and may deviate around the commandments of God, as you say. Yet he tries to lead a Christlike life. But does that then make his vow unacceptable, or simply one of defect? I think not. The Spirit works with what the person is capable of....

In a way, we are all islands unto our own self. We are left amidst a sea of materialism, and secularism. And some cannot easily find those called Christians. But continue to look and strive. This is when the Holy Spirit has come and leads.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
.... years ago when my husband was not saved and still having a few to many,.
"not saved" = equates to a so-called "Christian"
"a few to many" = possibly equates to a alcohol consumption issue

Why do so-called "Christians" think that Christianity saves a person from drinking alcohol, when it really is a choice by the individual to choose to not drink anymore?

Why do so-called "Christians" like to make this leap?

Why can't they just admit through honesty, that a person chooses to travel down paths that aren't exactly the "best choice" through a choice of their own?

Granted, addictions occur and are troublesome, but the first step in any conquering of a "demon" - is to admit it.

My guess your husband reached a point in his life that required himself to uphold a choice - either die from alcohol or quit. With you equating it to becoming a "Christian" - you are wrong.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

If anyone is concerned about the prior posts, Gif does not mock handicapped people.
KayMarie
yes, he did. why does he need EVE to speak for him?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 390,241 - 390,260 of512,298
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••