Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589734 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405158 Nov 27, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be Saved first, only then can one follow the Law of Christ.
And, Marge, how are we saved first???

What are we saved from???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405160 Nov 27, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be Saved first, only then can one follow the Law of Christ.
From darkness to light...

Jesus told Paul....

Acts 26:18

18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,~~~~~so that they may receive forgiveness of sins~~~~~ and a place among those who are [[[sanctified]]] by faith in me.’

What makes such a [new creation] and a [new life] a reality in Christ Jesus?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#405161 Nov 27, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"C an you imagine, a supreme being, the creator of all, requiring you, the created, to do anything for it?
Can you imagine this supreme being requiring you to preform rituals to please it?
How f'ing stupid are you?
What do you require of your child?

I require him to BE OBEDIENT. I TEACH him to love...

KayMarie

#405162 Nov 27, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>27Nov12.....
..Begone you pHillistine...
.....BobLoblah does 'Not' put tooooooooo much stock in da Old Testament.
Ps:.....But da 'New Testament', now dat's someDing different.
BobLoblay believes you to be a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist....once who while NOT accepting GOD, does so take advantage of utilizing phrases from the Old Testament.....go checkUP....there are 'good' vons tooooooooooo.
BobLoblah also believes dat ven it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.
..and at the mention of the Name of Jesus Christ...every knee should bend.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
If you do not believe in the Old Testament...

WHERE DID YOU REFERENCE

"TO Begone you pHillistine"...COME FROM.

The Philistines are only mentioned in the Old Testament.

Did you not know...THAT

WHAT IS REVEALED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT IS FULFILLED IN THE NEW...

The history of creation in not written in the New Testament..

THERE IS NO REFERENCE OR PROPHECY CONCERNING THE EXISTENCE OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.

Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

SINCE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC HAS NO LEGITIMATE REFERENCES...CONCERNING IT'S EXISTENCE IN THE THE OLD TESTAMENT,

It is incumbent OF the Roman Catholics to ignore,

AND DENY THE OLD TESTAMENT...
AND ATTEMPT TO SUPERIMPOSE THEMSELVES INTO THE NEW TESTAMENT...

WHERE A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS NO REFERENCED EITHER.

LEGITIMACY MUST BE ESTABLISHED FIRST..BEFORE AND ONE SHOULD PAY IT ANY MIND.

Personally (after over 60 years of Bibles study)...I have failed to find any legitimacy at all.

Jesus Said

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Search THE SCRIPTURES... and look: for out of Rome Italy no CHURCH UNIVERSAL COMES FORTH.

Can you give me a scripture that will legitimize it?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405163 Nov 27, 2012
Genesis 8:21

21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart:“Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though ~~~~~every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood.~~~~~ And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

***every inclination of the human heart is evil from [[[[[CHILDHOOD}}}}}....

KJV says:

***for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his [[[[[YOUTH]]]]]....

These scriptures DOES NOT say that from birth man's heart is evil....in other words, we DO NOT inherit sins....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405164 Nov 27, 2012
We become spiritually dead by our own choice and practice of sin.

#405165 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
Genesis 8:21
21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart:“Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though ~~~~~every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood.~~~~~ And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.
***every inclination of the human heart is evil from [[[[[CHILDHOOD}}}}}....
KJV says:
***for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his [[[[[YOUTH]]]]]....
These scriptures DOES NOT say that from birth man's heart is evil....in other words, we DO NOT inherit sins....
~~~

YOU WROTE

in other words, we DO NOT inherit sins....

Question

If what you posted above is true

why did Jesus die?...and for whom did He die?

___

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Explain the above scripture..

If we are not subject (by inheritance of sin) to death by the sin of Adam...

then why did Jesus die to make us alive, that we might inherit eternal life?
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405166 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
And please remember you can not take every word of the scripture as the truth especially the new testament.
I say:
WHAT??????????
John 17:17
17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
Jeremiah 15:16
16 When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
Lord God Almighty.
There is so much TRUTH in the Word of God and it is apparent that it has not made it to your heart as of yet....
Are you well if so you would know what it says about the scribes and the law...And the word is his laws.my heart is full of the laws not a bunch of lies.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405167 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, Marge, how are we saved first???
What are we saved from???
saved you mean baptized i have yet to see this done correctly.
endtime

AOL

#405168 Nov 27, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405169 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
From darkness to light...
Jesus told Paul....
Acts 26:18
18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,~~~~~so that they may receive forgiveness of sins~~~~~ and a place among those who are [[[sanctified]]] by faith in me.’
What makes such a [new creation] and a [new life] a reality in Christ Jesus?
awe haw you admit to satan having power most seem to over look this...
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405170 Nov 27, 2012
So the question today is what makes the creator a god....answer please.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#405171 Nov 27, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Can you imagine, a supreme being, the creator of all, requiring you, the created, to do anything for it?
Can you imagine this supreme being requiring you to preform rituals to please it?
How f'ing stupid are you?
What do you require of your child?
If you read the Ten Commandments , you will see that God wanted us to Love Him and our fellow man.
Not steal,
Not kill,
Not commit adultery.
etc.
They are all about our treatment of each other.
and to obey God's Commandments is to, Love Him with all our heart soul and might.
If we don't love our fellow man we can not love God.
Even with all our faults we are to love each other .
We are to forgive and show mercy to each other.
Help the weak and poor.
These are God's Commandment's given to Moses for all man kind.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405172 Nov 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
in other words, we DO NOT inherit sins....
Question
If what you posted above is true
why did Jesus die?...and for whom did He die?
___
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Explain the above scripture..
If we are not subject (by inheritance of sin) to death by the sin of Adam...
then why did Jesus die to make us alive, that we might inherit eternal life?
Ezekiel 18:19-20

19 “Yet you ask,‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely LIVE.

20 [[[[[The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.]]]]]

Each person shall answer to God for HIS OWN ACTIONS, NOT for his father's nor for Adam's sin.

Romans 14:12

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405173 Nov 27, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the Ten Commandments , you will see that God wanted us to Love Him and our fellow man.
Not steal,
Not kill,
Not commit adultery.
etc.
They are all about our treatment of each other.
and to obey God's Commandments is to, Love Him with all our heart soul and might.
If we don't love our fellow man we can not love God.
Even with all our faults we are to love each other .
We are to forgive and show mercy to each other.
Help the weak and poor.
These are God's Commandment's given to Moses for all man kind.
Commandments are just another way of saying the law their are 613 laws in the old testament and ten commandments why//////does everyone take the easy way.....guess it has to to with the broad road and the narrow road.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405174 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekiel 18:19-20
19 “Yet you ask,‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely LIVE.
20 [[[[[The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.]]]]]
Each person shall answer to God for HIS OWN ACTIONS, NOT for his father's nor for Adam's sin.
Romans 14:12
12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
did you leave out the part where it says you will pay for the sins of your fore fathers.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405175 Nov 27, 2012
Why can people not see the name change....how man changed his name and made Yahweh a god.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405176 Nov 27, 2012
On A brighter note their is a lost kangaroo loose in Shawnee Oklahoma....
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#405177 Nov 27, 2012
In this world if you sin you fit right in with the crowd. if you try and be righteous you are persecuted.and called names.
Clay

United States

#405178 Nov 27, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are comparing casting out demons and healing the sick with salvation and that is apples and oranges. You cannot because of bad comparisons and faulty reasoning, change 'God's plann of salvation'. And of course your flawed reasoning in regards to the mentally incapable is in the fact that you link salvation to baptism. That is not what the gospel entails. But then, you really don't know what the gospel is, do you? What is the 'GOOD NEWS" of Jesus Christ. Is it ,'if we get baptized as infants and then reach the age of reason and profess Christ and do ALL o;f the 'good works' required and endureth till the end and keep all of the commandments and go to confession regularly and don't die with any mortal sin unconfessed and go to purgatory for a feww hundred or a few thousand years or more(nobody knows) and if 'good catholics' don't forget to pray me out, then I 'might make it to heaven..??? Well good luck with YOUR gospel. That is really good news.
You won't acknowledge a couple truths from Catholics.
1. We Baptize our infants because we feel Christ wants us too. We told you how its the new circumcision...the 'welcoming of a child into Christ'. How come you don't blast Jews for not waiting til their children are teenagers to circumcise them?
2. All Catholics are required to make another Holy Sacrament. Confirmation. This is like Baptism, but we do it on our own accord at an age of maturity. Usually right before high school. Its similar to your alter calls.

You should also step back and realize that the devil most certainly does not want two parents bringing their children to be Baptize either.
So, when you guys publicly teach that baptism of children isn't necessary, you best pray you're correct. If you should be wrong, you'll have to look Christ in the eye someday and explain why you felt justified in changing earlier understandings of Baptism. My advice is to not tamper with things you know little about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Sat pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition Sat Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web