Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638057 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#405366 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame, guilt and fear is what motivates them. They willingly give away their free will, and self esteem to an invisible man in the sky, and try as they might to convince others to do the same. When we don't, they have a tantrum like a young child and can't understand why we won't submit.
I already know why you won't submit. You are in bondage to Satan. He has such a grip on you that he's going to drag you down to the pit with him.

It's sad watching a train wreck in progress. You're like little kids that have been warned not to play in the street, but defiantly do it anyway. Thinking you're way cool and too smart for words until you're hit head on by eternity.

You won't talk so high and mighty when you meet your Creator, Michael. Your arrogance is going to be taken down a notch or two.

Location hidden

#405367 Nov 27, 2012
Anyone notice how disingenuous Michael is? One day he says he's an agnostic, the next like in post #405365 he uses atheistic jargon "the invisible man in the sky!"

Michael, you are of your father the devil, he was a liar and a murderer from the beginning.

BTW, it is the FOOL that says in their heart there is no God!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405368 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Gif says........
Jesus is not in my billfold ....He is in my heart.
Michael says.
.....Billy Graham a preacher like yourself might have Jesus in his heart too, but I will bet he has lots of BENJAMINS in his billfold.
~~~

Question

How Does gossiping about someone that is not here to defend himself
add any thing to the subject..of this forum.

From what I have read about Dr Billy Graham..

There is not a notable preacher (to my knowledge) that has created

and maintained a higher ethical standard for himself and those that

participated in his Ministry than Dr Billy Graham.

He set a high moral standard in the inception of His ministry and has

followed/keep it.. over the many years.of hislifes span.

Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#405369 Nov 27, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
IF one is saved then they will listen to it and not disregard it like so many of you do here.
I have met people who claim they are saved and they wouldn't squeak out a penny to help the poor or spend one moment of their time to visit the sick.
In fact, I wonder how some of you can even claim to be saved when you spend the majority of your time on Topix instead of out working in the fields of the Lord! There is labor out there to be done.
He hasn't called you to sit on your rumps on Topix thinking of what clever thing you say against Catholics.
lol, so says a person with over 3500 Topix posts.

Rich!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405370 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth:
Matthew 8:28-34
When He arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met Him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted.“Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”
30. Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding.
31. The demons begged Jesus,“If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”
32 He said to them,“Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd of 4,000 rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men.
34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they pleaded with Him to leave their region
......if I did such a thing it would be a mortal sin..
What about Matthew 8:29 where the men referred to Jesus as "the son of God" Its obvious many people were calling him the son of God before he was crucified as christians claim.
Authority, Michael, authority....

We can see Jesus is confronting the forces of Satan (evil.)

These are real demons....

They really know the Son of God and His authority....and the Son of God knows the real evil they possess.

Location hidden

#405371 Nov 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
What is the difference in Ritual and Holy orders?
Websters dictionary defines..
Rituals
Romish
RO'MISH, a.[from Rome.] Belonging or relating to Rome, or to the religion professed by the people of Rome and of the western empire, of which Rome was the metropolis; catholic; popish; as the Romish church; the Romish religion, ritual or ceremonies.
Well you seem to be leaving out that Webster's Dictionary describes that word as pejorative!

usually disparaging
: roman catholic
— Rom·ish·ly adverb, usually disparaging
— Rom·ish·ness noun, usually disparaging
First Known Use of ROMISH

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rom...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405372 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth says......
Whether you want to believe it or not, Michael, you have sin in your life of some kind.
Michael says.......
Can't think of any! Sorry to disappoint you.
What sins have you got? Tell us!
1 John 1:8

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405373 Nov 27, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Truth wrote:
Whether you want to believe it or not, Michael, you have sin in your life of some kind....
There was NO ONE perfect except for Jesus....
<quoted text>
Hi Mike.
Catholics want everyone to still have sin, so they can use it against another in order to think they are better. It is that simple.
How else do you think they get their followers? If they infuse a belief unto a person, that they "fall short of God", or the person is feeble or weakminded in the eyes of "God", or even "still in sin" - it's their way of getting into the person's mind, to help embed their unfounded "laws".
The tactic has been used for centuries. Unfortunately for these folks, there are too many of us that have seen through the misnomers and have realized that true salvation comes from within, by how you treat others, and how this treatment is expressed.
Like you, I can't think of any "sins" I've attained or accumulated. If I do, I'll post them here for all to see.
:o)
1 John 1:8

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#405374 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame, guilt and fear is what motivates them. They willingly give away their free will, and self esteem to an invisible man in the sky, and try as they might to convince others to do the same. When we don't, they have a tantrum like a young child and can't understand why we won't submit.
Example, the old and new testment in the bible frequently contradict each other of its rules of conduct, and not to forget the Jews of the OT do not believe in the trinity, yet both Old and New testaments are quoted during mass. Many Church leaders also have behaved in direct violation of the churches teachings, by covering up criminal and immoral activities by their own subordinates, yet some of their followers on this forum find that punishing those that speak out against them is worse, than speaking out against those who committed these immoral acts.
again, I can't think of any sin worth worrying about that I have committed in a long time, but many of the very teachers of the catholic faith have spun their sin meter over a few times.
just my opinions....
Shame, guilt and fear -- and because some of us laugh at their Early Iron Age nonsense -- they really hope that we will be tortured forever by their angry, vengeful god.

Otherwise, their shame, guilt and fear is all for nothing.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405375 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
When was the last time your priest performed this sacrifice of doves and pigeons ?
I guess you don't believe that all liveing things have the same right as you, huh?
No worries, I belong to PEETA - People Eating Extra Tasty Animals, so the next time the priest sacrifices doves, let's have a BBQ!
Sheez!!
You'll quote ancient Jewish texts, which I've taken to mean that you believe them to be true, yet you don't practice this ritual.
Why do you mislead others with some nonsensical interpretation?
You really are clueless....

enough said...

#405376 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:

Example, the old and new testment in the bible frequently contradict each other of its rules of conduct, and not to forget the Jews of the OT do not believe in the trinity, yet both Old and New testaments are quoted during mass. Many Church leaders also have behaved in direct violation of the churches teachings, by covering up criminal and immoral activities by their own subordinates, yet some of their followers on this forum find that punishing those that speak out against them is worse, than speaking out against those who committed these immoral acts.
again, I can't think of any sin worth worrying about that I have committed in a long time, but many of the very teachers of the catholic faith have spun their sin meter over a few times.
just my opinions....

Free Mind:
Shame, guilt and fear -- and because some of us laugh at their Early Iron Age nonsense -- they really hope that we will be tortured forever by their angry, vengeful god.

Otherwise, their shame, guilt and fear is all for nothing.

You are hearing about the 'god' that the world sees: angry, vengeful, etc.

The God that I serve is a loving Father, Who keeps His promises, and provides for all my needs.

Wish you knew Him, too...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405377 Nov 27, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, now you are getting a taste of what John and I have faced for several years.good luck,
I knew his attitude wouldnt last very long, the leopard doesnt change his spots.
YEP!!!

#405378 Nov 27, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you seem to be leaving out that Webster's Dictionary describes that word as pejorative!
usually disparaging
: roman catholic
— Rom·ish·ly adverb, usually disparaging
— Rom·ish·ness noun, usually disparaging
First Known Use of ROMISH
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rom...
_~~~

YOU CHANGED THE SUBJECT...

The word WE WERE DISCUSSING WAS RITUAL...NOT ROMISH..

RITUAL

CHURCH, n.

1. A house consecrated to the worship of God, among Christians; the Lords house. This seems to be the original meaning of the word. The Greek, to call out or call together, denotes an assembly or collection. But, Lord, a term applied by the early Christians to Jesus Christ; and the house in which they worshipped was named from the title. So church goods, bona ecclesiastica; the Lords day, dies dominica.

2. The collective body of Christians, or of those who profess to believe in Christ, and acknowledge him to be the Savior of mankind. In this sense, the church is sometimes called the Catholic or Universal Church.

3. A particular number of christens, united under one form of ecclesiastical government, in one creed, and using the same ritual and ceremonies; as the English church; the Gallican church; the Presbyterian church; the Romish church; the Greek church.

4. The followers of Christ in a particular city or province; as the church of Ephesus, or of Antioch.

5. The disciples of Christ assembled for worship in a particular place, as in a private house. Col 4.

6. The worshipers of Jehovah or the true God, before the advent of Christ; as the Jewish church.

7. The body of clergy, or ecclesiastics, in distinction from the laity. Hence, ecclesiastical authority.

8. An assembly of sacred rulers convened in Christs name to execute his laws.

9. The collective body of Christians, who have made a public profession of the Christian religion, and who are untied under the same pastor; in distinction from those who belong to the same parish, or ecclesiastical society, but have made no profession of their faith.

CHURCH, v.t. To perform with any one the office of returning thanks in the church, after any signal deliverance, as from the dangers of childbirth.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#405379 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Correct - Jesus never wrote anything down, and we've gone over this before.
It really is redundant to do it again, huh?
I think we all agree, men wrote the Bible, not Jesus.
Hold it now. "men wrote the Bible not Jesus". This statement is important for many reasons. The obvious is: your whole shtick of 'why do you listen to Paul instead of Jesus? or Why do you follow men, is thrown out the window. It shows a degree of hypocrisy, don't you think?

Another thing I think everybody on this forum can agree on is: Jesus Christ started a Church.
Now what that Church is varies from poster to poster.
We say its an authoritative hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons. With the Bishop of Rome being in charge of the day to day operations of the Church until Christ comes back.

Others say the 'Church' is their particular sect.

Others say its a 'body' of believers who follow their interpretations of the New Testament.

And you (correct me if I am wrong) believe there is no Church? Or if there is, its a psychic spiritual realm??
How do you form your theology? Do you just play your guitar naked in the lily fields, channeling some spiritual feelings? Is it Yoga?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405380 Nov 27, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
Back to the Repentent thief...,
In a sense, the timing here is a point of focus. The repentant thief, declared Jesus blameless and asked Jesus, to remember him, when he came into His Kingdom....
Jesus then died.
The thieves died latter as their legs had to be broken.
Thus in a sense the repentent thief died while in desire, which is known as Baptism of Desire.
Jesus was still alive when he said:

Today, you will be with me in paradise...

Jesus had the authority to forgive sins on earth....therefore, I believe he was saved then....

As Jesus hadn't died when he said this to the thief and there was no death, burial and resurrection yet...

#405381 Nov 27, 2012
who="Prince Helmut Pipke"
what are you talking about???
how many pipes you smoked before this post?

How is Dundalk? We used to live there.

KayMarie

#405382 Nov 27, 2012
who="Robert F"
KayMarie good friend
You might be surprised....
By the way, Jesus was a man too.

Jesus was MORE than a man...
Let's see you walk on water...

KayMarie

#405383 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was still alive when he said:
Today, you will be with me in paradise...
Jesus had the authority to forgive sins on earth....therefore, I believe he was saved then....
As Jesus hadn't died when he said this to the thief and there was no death, burial and resurrection yet...
~~~

To me the fact that he was saved is the important event..

That he was cleansed from all unrighteousness, proves the Love of God
works under any and all circumstances..

Jude the brother of Jesus wrote,... later...

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#405384 Nov 27, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
Anyone notice how disingenuous Michael is? One day he says he's an agnostic, the next like in post #405365 he uses atheistic jargon "the invisible man in the sky!"
Michael, you are of your father the devil, he was a liar and a murderer from the beginning.
BTW, it is the FOOL that says in their heart there is no God!
And what does your bible say about calling someone a Fool?

#405385 Nov 27, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep" Can you imagine, a supreme being, the creator of all, requiring you, the created, to do anything for it?
Can you imagine this supreme being requiring you to preform rituals to please it?
How f'ing stupid are you?
What do you require of your child?
<quoted text>
Can you imagine torturing your son, for eternity, for simply not believing in you?
Or for making a simple mistake and dying before he could ask for your forgiveness?
No, you would never torture your child for eternity for making any mistake! And you ain't a supreme being!

Silly worldly idea of God. He doesn't torture anyone for making 'a simple mistake'. He is a loving Father.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How much hatred does God have? (Dec '08) 2 min An NFL Fan 15
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
More from around the web