Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646363 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#405286 Nov 27, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
"ouch!"
What does this mean?
Please explain.
BTW - if I am right, then it means you are wrong. Which, by the way you responded above, you did not acknowledge that part of the discussion.
<quoted text>
Correct.
BTW - you didn't explain what "ouch" means in the way you expressed it.
Is there a reason why you avoided answering?
<quoted text>
Well before Christianity came on the block.
<quoted text>
It was, remember, you don't believe many of what Jesus taught, and chose to accept certain men's interpretation.
<quoted text>
After Jesus died, men took over, and Jesus didn't guide anyone.
Remember, once someone dies, they transform into a spiritual entity, thus 'guiding' anyone, is only based upon upon a thought pattern an individual creates within their mind.
In fact, men guided what you call the RCC, not Jesus.
<quoted text>
No men did.
Then the verdict is in. You believe men corrupted what Christ taught. Christianity, as we know it, got all screwed up because Christ did NOT guide His Church properly (or not at all).
Fair enough.
Again, if you're not right, and your are going against the will of God, then ouch.
Ouch means the accountability a person will face for being a false prophet.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405287 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 3:18-19
18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed?
19 [[[[[So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.]]]]]
Unbelief = still in sin
Still in sin = separated from God
Separated from God = will never enter his rest (unable to enter the Kingdom of God)
Love of this world....
There are pleasures, riches, and honors of this world.....
It swells so much in the sinner’s eye that he considers eternal goals of no consequence and unworthy of his pursuit of righteousness.
(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

Why do you believe "Paul" over Jesus?

BTW - your interpretation of "unbelief" is of man's interpretation.

One could also interpret it as:

unbelief = not believing in all of what Jesus taught

Your version of "unbelief = still in sin" is bullshite, because I understand that many religious people in cultures other than Christianity, may not be "in sin" because of their piety. Which shows that your interpretation is of men, not of "God", and thus really only has bearing to those who want to believe it to be this way.

Oh yeah - that would be a choice, which is ultimately Self.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Do you attribute materialism to sinning? If you do, then you surely don't understand Jesus' teachings - in the NT or out of it.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#405288 Nov 27, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he does. When we confess our sins He is willing and able to forgive us our sins.
Actually, you may have a point here LTM. If a person in their final moments realizes that all the times they had the opportunity to be baptized but rejected it, and still were able to beg Jesus for forgiveness in NOT getting baptized, I think He would forgive them. If their hearts remained hardened and still said it wasn't necessary, I don't think so.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405289 Nov 27, 2012
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
Incorrect supposition.
We live in this world, because we were born and have not died.
Placing qualifiers on why you live, just shows how much Self is a Major part and role in it.
Learn it, live it, love it. It's the only one you have.

Read more slowly.

We live(you agreed)

In a sin-sick world (much evil, sickness, etc.) TRUE

BECAUSE OF UN-BELIEF. True again. I've seen some wonderful times with little pain or sorrow when people were living clean...trusting God. I've also seen the pain and death when people shunned God.

KayMarie

#405290 Nov 27, 2012
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
...through a ritual of baptism you do.
Please stop trying to mislead others by not expressing the truths that exists.
You also do a ritual - to show "God"/Jesus that you are a follower.
There is no difference in what Catholicism does and what Fundamentalism does.
Face the fact that the only difference between the two is, you choose to be baptized, whereas in Catholicism, it is not the norm.
Either way, you still do what they do.

You are clueless...

KM

#405291 Nov 27, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are "nothing more" than the "same old" distorted "judgmental and condemning" Protestant bible only "myth" of which you "Confrinting---are the "TRUMPET SECTION-------deciding who (as you put it) has "received Jesus Christ as Savior" and who has not! Your so-called "leadership of the Holy Spirit" is NOT indicative of ANYTHING that you preach, judging the faith of others Christians with your half-truth, anti-catholic-heretical Christianity. All that you "ever do" is list a bunch of bible verses, mis-quote, mis-interpret and (spin) the meaning"and then attack the personal faith and salvation of other Christians,(especially Catholics). When you begin to "put aside" your anti-catholic (pride and ego)--"only then" will you begin to see the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE as it compliments 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History, and find the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!!
~~~

You wrote..

"Confrinting---are the "TRUMPET SECTION--

You flatter me... saying I am in the trumpet section...

Heb 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

Heb 12:19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded,........

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405292 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
John the Baptist - a baptism of repentance (does not save anyone)
Baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire (power)-(NO WATER) baptism for the apostles and the House of Cornelius - apostles where witnesses of Jesus
Baptism of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit - Acts 2:38 - for the forgiveness of sin and receive the "gift" of the Holy Spirit aka the "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit.....saves us....
Truth good friend

I think in general we must be careful when defining baptism. And be all the more careful concerning the Holy Spirit.

I think there is a longing, and desire toward God, in this modern age of materialism(and humanity so out of sync with God and nature), that when one aligns oneself with God's Will, there is a powerful effect.

This process may be slow....The mind, the body, the soul, the heart....But when it happens it can be powerful, according to God's Will.

What it demonstrates to me is just how far God has gone to bring us salvation. And I know how fall I far short of that gift.
Michael

Canada

#405293 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you want to believe it or not, Michael, you have sin in your life of some kind....
There was NO ONE perfect except for Jesus....
Truth:

Matthew 8:28-34

When He arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met Him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted.“Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

30. Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding.

31. The demons begged Jesus,“If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”

32 He said to them,“Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd of 4,000 rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men.

34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they pleaded with Him to leave their region

......if I did such a thing it would be a mortal sin..

What about Matthew 8:29 where the men referred to Jesus as "the son of God" Its obvious many people were calling him the son of God before he was crucified as christians claim.

Albuquerque, NM

#405294 Nov 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
___
Jesus is not in my billfold ....He is in my heart.
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and -->in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and -->shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For --->with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,
-->Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
So.

You believe in Jesus, yet refuse to believe in his teachings fully.

Looks like you will only get a partial saving.

"for the scriptures saith"
- in "Paul's" time, "Scriptures" to him was the Torah, nothing else.
- in "Paul's" time, "Paul" was a Jew, preaching to other Jewish folks, trying to get them to convert into a new belief.

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

#405295 Nov 27, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
"In short...."
Stirring up trouble again aren't you Kay? No, Catholics don't believe we are saved by any rituals. If you were sincere and not just a disingenuous trouble maker you'd know this. But thanks anyway.

Is your name 'trouble'?
Yes, you do believe in rituals. If some priest doesn't baptize you, then confirm you, then absolve you...you are lost, for sure. I listen to all of you, and at no time have I found you to say that 'Jesus died for me, so I trust FULLY IN HIS SACRIFICE FOR ME'.

I appreciate the pastor who baptized me, and those who pray for me. I love all those who teach me. But JESUS alone is my savior. The others are just 'helpers' to encourage my faith.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#405296 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Matrimony or Holy Orders.
Holy Matrimony if we want to join with someone of the opposite sex, and bring life into this world.
Holy Orders if we feel called by God to commit to Priesthood etc.
Its hard to understand for non Catholics.
....maybe for non-Catholics, but us, who have served in the organization KNOW that neither one of those Sacraments have anything to do with Baptism, the Eucharist and Confirmation, huh?

Again, you have failed to respond directly to the question at hand, but instead, divert to other sacraments that have nothing to do with the discussion.
Michael

Canada

#405297 Nov 27, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are "nothing more" than the "same old" distorted "judgmental and condemning" only then" will you begin to see the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE as it compliments 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History, and find the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!!!
edited for space.....

Here are some CATHOLIC FACTS for you HOJO.

A survey from the CARDINAL NEWMAN SOCIETY (CNS) Center for the study of Catholic higher education of 506 current and recent gradute catholics under the age of 30.

1) Only 64% of PRACTICING catholics said they agred that the fullness of Gods truth is found in the catholic church.

(remember these were PRACTICING CATHOLICS who stated above.

2) Only 66% agreed that the communion bread and wine at mass truly beocmes the body and blod of jesus christ.

(remember these were PRACTICING CATHOLICS who stated this.

3) 61% agreed women should be allowed to become Catholic priests

4) About 50% believed abortion should be legal and that pre-marital sex with someone you really care about si not sinful and that same-sex marriage should be legal.

Its obvious your catholic church leades are not doing a very good job at teaching young catholics of the importance of catholic traditions.

Blame me if you must, its always my fault.

.....Information you HOJO should know about. The young catholics, the ones of the future have spoken.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405298 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Going against the Word of God...
4GVN wrote:

There is only one requirement for salvation and that is to recieve JESUS as our Saviour. ALL ELSE is done not to gain salvation and the new birth, but because the new birth has occured.

I (Truth) wrote:

Going against the Word of God...

One requirement....not hardly....several COMMANDS of Jesus....
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#405299 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
....maybe for non-Catholics, but us, who have served in the organization KNOW that neither one of those Sacraments have anything to do with Baptism, the Eucharist and Confirmation, huh?
Again, you have failed to respond directly to the question at hand, but instead, divert to other sacraments that have nothing to do with the discussion.
I thought you asked what sacrament came after Confirmation?
Sorry man, I wasn't diverting anything.

Say, you say we should be following Jesus and not men.
But I can't seem to find anywhere, where Christ wrote anything down? If you have some of His writings, that would be of huge value.

Albuquerque, NM

#405300 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
Whether you want to believe it or not, Michael, you have sin in your life of some kind....
There was NO ONE perfect except for Jesus....
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth says......
Whether you want to believe it or not, Michael, you have sin in your life of some kind.
Michael says.......
Can't think of any! Sorry to disappoint you.
What sins have you got? Tell us!
Hi Mike.

Catholics want everyone to still have sin, so they can use it against another in order to think they are better. It is that simple.

How else do you think they get their followers? If they infuse a belief unto a person, that they "fall short of God", or the person is feeble or weakminded in the eyes of "God", or even "still in sin" - it's their way of getting into the person's mind, to help embed their unfounded "laws".

The tactic has been used for centuries. Unfortunately for these folks, there are too many of us that have seen through the misnomers and have realized that true salvation comes from within, by how you treat others, and how this treatment is expressed.

Like you, I can't think of any "sins" I've attained or accumulated. If I do, I'll post them here for all to see.

:o)

#405301 Nov 27, 2012
who="Michael"
BALONEY!
Religious people commit as much sin as non religious people.
Japan is mostly non religious yet their crime rates over the past 50 years are much lower per capita than america.
76% of americans claim to be christians, yet american jails/prisons are busting at the seams with christians.
I am a non believer never did drugs, never abused alcohol (like some christians on here have done) never been arrested help anyone in need. Thats more than many christians I know.

"I thank Thee Lord that I am not as this publican here".

Believe me, I appreciate clean-living folks. But our self-righteousness is not what He seeks.

KayMarie
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#405302 Nov 27, 2012
The hymn Te Deum is a moving tribute to God in His triune majesty. Its authorship has been traditionally attributed to Saints Ambrose (it has often been called an Ambrosian Hymn) and Augustine from the latter part of the 4th century.

It was more likely written by St. Niketas, bishop of Remesiana at about the same time period. It is still part of the Liturgy of the Hours, the public prayers of the Church that are recited daily by the clergy and other religious, along with many of the laity as well.

Te Deum has been set to music by such illustrious composers as Mozart, Haydn, Verdi, Dvorak, Britten and Penderecki. Its name comes from its opening words in Latin,“Te Deum Laudamus”(“O God we praise you”).

As you read the text of this hymn printed below (which can also be recited as a prayer, of course), you can get a sense of its grandeur! It gives us a glimpse of heaven, with saints and angels praising God, before focusing on Christ in lines suggestive of the Apostle's Creed. It also includes some verses from the Psalms (the lines in brackets below).

Te Deum

O, God, we praise You and acknowledge You
to be the supreme Lord.
Everlasting Father, all the earth worships You.
All the angels, the heavens and all angelic powers,
All the cherubim and seraphim, continually cry to you:
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of Hosts!
Heaven and earth are full of the majesty of Your glory.
The glorious choir of the apostles,
The wonderful company of prophets,
The white-robed army of martyrs, praise You.
Holy Church throughout the world acknowledges You:
The Father of infinite majesty;
Your adorable, true and only Son;
Also the Holy Spirit, the Comforter.
O Christ, You are the King of glory!
You are the everlasting Son of the Father.
When You took it upon Yourself to deliver man,
You did not disdain the Virgin's womb.
Having overcome the sting of death,
You opened the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
You sit at the right hand of God in the glory of the Father
We believe that You will come to be our Judge.
We, therefore, beg You to help Your servants
whom You have redeemed with Your Precious Blood.
Let them be numbered with Your saints in everlasting glory.
[Save Your people, O Lord, and bless Your inheritance!
Govern them, and raise them up forever.
Every day we thank You.
And we praise Your name forever; yes, forever and ever.
O Lord, deign to keep us from sin this day.
Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.
Let your mercy, O lord be upon us, for we have hoped in You.
O Lord, in you I have put my trust; never let me be put to shame.]

Te Deum combines important elements of prayer to God, including adoration, supplication (particularly towards the end in its appeal for God’s mercy), and thanksgiving.(It is often referred to as a Hymn of Thanksgiving). The Church triumphant (those in heaven) and the Church militant (those on earth) sing God’s praises in adoration in this hymn.

We can see thanksgiving here in the acknowledgement of Christ's opening “the kingdom of heaven to all believers” and redeeming us with His Precious Blood at Calvary.

The reference to Christ's having overcome the sting of death also brings to mind the words of St. Paul, who spoke of our Lord as having overcome sin and death in His passion, saying “death, where is thy sting?”(1 Cor 15:55). We see another good example of gratitude in Te Deum as well in the line that our Lord “did not disdain the Virgin’s womb”, becoming human like us in order to save us.(Indeed, as we hear in the Liturgy of the Eucharist at Mass, Jesus “humbled Himself to share in our humanity”!)

The last line, taken from Psalm 25, verse 2, is particularly moving. It brings to mind the importance of trusting in our Lord to see us through our troubles if we stay close to him in prayer, obedience and love. And we are reminded here as well of the importance of asking God for His mercy in our often challenging journey towards Eternal Life with Him in the Kingdom of Heaven!

Albuquerque, NM

#405303 Nov 27, 2012

Why do you continue to think you know the mind of "God"?
Is this what your husband teaches you to do?
For one who "falls short of God" - you sure like to put him in your back pocket often.
<quoted text>
~~~
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
___
Jesus is not in my billfold ....He is in my heart.
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and -->in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and -->shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For --->with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,
-->Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Still avoiding answering questions.

The slyness Fundamentalism. It sure is a slippery slope, huh?

Especially when faced head-on with your deceipt.

Christianity deserves folks like you, to keep the wool pulled over their eyes.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#405304 Nov 27, 2012
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#405305 Nov 27, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
"In short...."
Stirring up trouble again aren't you Kay? No, Catholics don't believe we are saved by any rituals. If you were sincere and not just a disingenuous trouble maker you'd know this. But thanks anyway.
Is your name 'trouble'?
Yes, you do believe in rituals. If some priest doesn't baptize you, then confirm you, then absolve you...you are lost, for sure. I listen to all of you, and at no time have I found you to say that 'Jesus died for me, so I trust FULLY IN HIS SACRIFICE FOR ME'.
I appreciate the pastor who baptized me, and those who pray for me. I love all those who teach me. But JESUS alone is my savior. The others are just 'helpers' to encourage my faith.
KayMarie
In my opinion, someone who continues to post falsities, even after having been shown the truth, is a trouble maker. An ignorant and deceitful trouble maker.

From our profession of faith;

"For us men and for our salvation

he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate

of the Virgin Mary,

and became man.

For our sake he was crucified

under Pontius Pilate,

he suffered death and was buried,

and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead

and his kingdom will have no end."

I expect we will never again hear from you that we believe "rituals" save us. If so it will only confirm that you are indeed nothing more than a trouble maker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web