Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,633
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405047 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael...
Spiritual.....think spiritual...
Adam died spiritually that very day because of SIN.....
Adam lived physically until the age of 930 years old....
According to the scriptures it was Eve that made the mistake.

If our world today claims you make a mistake religious teachings claim you can be given a second chance through forgiveness.

If you believe in Adam and Eve why then were they not given a second chance of repentence and forgiveness?

Two people without knowledge tempted by a talking serpent, to eat from a tree that would provide them with the knowledge of why they weren't to eat from the tree of knowledge.

makes no common sense.....

.....and I don't believe the story....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#405048 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
GIF,
I am so sorry for your losses, too....
Remember, as I just told Preston, if we stay on the straight and narrow path, we, too, WILL again be with these precious children.
I know what you are talking about and I also have the comfort of Jesus

Christ..

The word says

Isa 53:4 --->Surely he hath borne our griefs,

and carried our sorrows:<--- yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:

---> the chastisement of our peace was upon him; <---and with his stripes we are healed.

#405049 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise the Lord!!!
Now, that could have been his guardian angel sent from the Lord....
Hebrews 1:14
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Please, GIF, please make sure your grandson gets baptized....
Giving his heart to Jesus is fine but he needs repentance and baptism...
~~~

I am sure he has taken care of that...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405050 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
the reason baptism is not necessary for salvation is because we are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8), not by faith and a ceremony (Rom. 4:1-11). You see, a religious ceremony is a set of activities or forms peformed by someone. In the Bible circumcision was a ceremony where one person performed a religious rite on another person. Likewise, baptism is also a ceremony where one person performs a religious rite on another person. But, we are saved by faith alone and anything else we do, including ceremonies, will not help.
http://carm.org/is-baptism-necessary-salvatio...
speaking only for myself, I was saved on 8/25/82 and 36 hours later, filled with the Holy Ghost.
what else would I need, I was already saved.
the answer is obvious, if I had died then I was still a christian, however to join many if not most Churches, you must be Baptised, but that was not my reason.
baptism was something that I really didnt feel that I needed(not only that, i didnt like the idea of someone shoving me backwards and maybe hirting my neck).
but God assured me tha it would be okay, and so i dxecided that 9 months after I was saved, i would get baptised, and when the nine months was about over, I went to a church where my pastor was preaching and sure enough, he preached about Baptism.
the following Sunday, I was baptised and God blessed that day
preston

I think the point is that you decided to get baptised....

In a way, I consider you fortunate in that you were saved in '82.
Also in need of being saved, you needed to repent. And because you were already a matured and experienced person in life, you probably would consider your repentence and acceptance of Christ with a deeper understanding.

When younger people without prudence, knowledge, wisdom are "saved", it may be sometimes more difficult to keep and teach them of their salvation through faith. At other times they are more on fire as well.

Sometimes it takes a bit longer for some to be aware and understand what repentance comes to mean. As you might say, sanctifiaion takes a bit longer....
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#405051 Nov 26, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What was never so from the beginning?!
The Israeli consul, Pinchas E. Lapide, in his book, Three Popes and the Jews (New York: Hawthorn Books, Inc., 1967) critically examines Pope Pius XII. According to his research, the Catholic Church under Pius XII was instrumental in saving 860,000 Jews from Nazi death camps (p. 214). Could Pius have saved more lives by speaking out more forcefully? According to Lapide, the concentration camp prisoners did not want Pius to speak out openly (p. 247). As one jurist from the Nuremberg Trials said on WNBC in New York (Feb. 28, 1964), "Any words of Pius XII, directed against a madman like Hitler, would have brought on an even worse catastrophe...[and] accelerated the massacre of Jews and priests." (Ibid.) Yet Pius was not totally silent either. Lapide notes a book by the Jewish historian, Jenoe Levai, entitled, The Church Did Not Keep Silent (p. 256). He admits that everyone, including himself, could have done more. If we condemn Pius, then justice would demand condemning everyone else. He concludes by quoting from the Talmud that "whosoever preserves one life, it is accounted to him by Scripture as if he had preserved a whole world." With this he claims that Pius XII deserves a memorial forest of 860,000 trees in the Judean hills (pp. 268-9). It should be noted that six million Jews and three million Catholics were killed in the Holocaust.

Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing truth. I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the Church alone has had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced thus to confess that what I once despised I now praise unreservedly.
Albert Einstein

Not trusting the new regime, the Vatican signed a Concordat with the Reich on July 20, 1933 in an attempt to protect the Church's rights in Germany. But the Nazis quickly violated its articles. In Lent 1937 Pope Pius XI issued the encyclical "Mit brennender Sorge" (With burning sorrow) with the help of German bishops and Cardinal Pacelli (later Pope Pius XII). It was smuggled into Germany and read in all German Catholic churches at the same hour on Palm Sunday 1937. It did not explicitly mention Hitler or Nazism, but it firmly condemned the Nazi doctrines. On September 20, 1938, Pius XI told German pilgrims that no Christian can take part in anti-Semitism, since spiritually all Christians are Semites.

http://users.binary.net/polycarp/piusxii.html American Newspapers when they actually reported truth knew the truth. and reported it. So feel free to read garbage like Hitlers Pope it has all been massively discredited.
preston

Waverly, OH

#405052 Nov 26, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have made no reference to your grand baby...or any of you family
Reread my former post...I started the funning before you brought up the subject..
If you want to be insulted that is your choice...I didn't even read your post.
Question..
DO YOU HAVE TO CREATE A REASON TO BE BITTER AND ANGRY ALL THE TIME?
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS EVER LOST A GRAND CHILD DON'T YOU KNOW.
ABORTION GOT ONE OF MINE..
.ANOTHER DIED BECAUSE THE UMBILICAL WAS WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK...FROM WHERE MY DAUGHTER WAS WORKING IN A PLACE THAT WAS FOGGY WITH CIGARETTE SMOKE..
ONE OF MY SON'S WAS FOUND HANGED...
AND OTHER GRAND SON DIED FROM PRESCRIPTION OXYCONTIN..
I KNOW WHAT SORROW IS
BUT I HAVE THE COMFORTER ..THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT COMFORTS ME AND MY WIFE.
1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
YOU ARE MOCKING FRED MOORE A DISABLED MAN WHO WAS MOLESTED BY MEN IN A GROUP HOME. not my baby nor me.MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL
try reading before you show how ignorant that you really are.
Moore is not my last name and I dont know fred moore and the first time that I saw his name was when orville tried his sleuthing skills, even tho I had known of previous problems at taht group home
preston

Waverly, OH

#405053 Nov 26, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>How do we know for sure. YOU LIE SO MUCH !!!!
So did you bring to light and out the sexual abuse at the manoe or was that another Lie as well.
i HAVE ALREADY POSTED WHAT i DID AND WHO i WAS INVOLVED WITH..SO LETS LEAVE IT AT THAT
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#405054 Nov 26, 2012
Pad

There are were and always will be troublemakers and Jesus reaffirmed this. The letters are letters of correction. Your problem is with authority. You have none but that which you choose to believe while hypocritically condmening others who dont agree with you.

Nesotorious was a heretic and so are you. Joshua weeded out and killed those who claimed to be Jewish but worked to turn others against from the inside. The Apostles put them out.

Many so called Catholics do need to be put out decisively. Goebels did use Luthers writings to incite and they did launch the day of Broken Glass to round up Jews on Luthers birthday for a reason.

Yes there were Protestants who did what was right and both Catholics and Protestants did what was wrong. But to say the Church did not stand against it is rubbish! 3 Million Catholics put to death and you loving Protestants still seek to smear whenever you can. The Apostles sought to Control and said to hold fast and to remember whom you have learned it. Obey those who are over you. You dont listen to the Gospel, you pervert it.

Christ did not sanction the unlearned and unstable to wrest the scripture unto their destruction. The Apostles showed the way of dispute in the council of Jerusalem. You however would rather be Dathan or Jeroboam or Grumble that you are as good as Moses. Sorry but God didnt put each individual Protestant in charge. I wonder how long it will be before some Protestant comes along and throws out even more books since Luther was unsuccessful in eliminating all he wanted. You are too Catholic they will say in a 100 years while the gospels reiinvent themselves as you have done.

Now I have to get back to work, but sola scripture and self appointed authority is unbiblical.

Location hidden

#405055 Nov 26, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, you are always so kind to everyone :)
Sherlayne good friend

I have, am still, and looking forward to working on it on virtues and not my many vices.

I am sure some people on here may not give such a compliment...(smile)
preston

Waverly, OH

#405056 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
I have made no reference to your grand baby...or any of you family
Reread my former post...I started the funning before you brought up the subject..
If you want to be insulted that is your choice...I didn't even read your post.
Question..
DO YOU HAVE TO CREATE A REASON TO BE BITTER AND ANGRY ALL THE TIME?
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS EVER LOST A GRAND CHILD DON'T YOU KNOW.
ABORTION GOT ONE OF MINE..
.ANOTHER DIED BECAUSE THE UMBILICAL WAS WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK...FROM WHERE MY DAUGHTER WAS WORKING IN A PLACE THAT WAS FOGGY WITH CIGARETTE SMOKE..
ONE OF MY SON'S WAS FOUND HANGED...
AND OTHER GRAND SON DIED FROM PRESCRIPTION OXYCONTIN..
I KNOW WHAT SORROW IS
BUT I HAVE THE COMFORTER ..THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT COMFORTS ME AND MY WIFE.
1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
nOR DID I MAKE A REFERENCE ABOUT MY BABY AS EVERYONE CAN SEE IN THIS PARTIAL POST OF MINE.

but it seems that not every person on here likes mentally disabled children. LIKE THOSE WHO WERE ASSULTED

the true attributes of gif are rearing their evil head up and mocking a child(FRED MOORE) that he didnt even know.

EVEN THO FRED WAS AROUND 38 WHEN THIS HAPPENED, HE WAS STILL A CHILD , AND IT SEEMED LIKE HE TRIED TO MAKE IT ON HIS OWN AT TIMES.

AND HE SHOULD BE APPLAUDED NOT MOCKED.

hope you pay attention to this mr gif.
preston

Waverly, OH

#405057 Nov 26, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston mo one with a heart would make fun of a retard child.
Or a child with a disablity.
gif did with his mockery of this young man fred moore.

I hope you see now how devilish that Orville is with me. he brought this up to besmirch my name , and for that reason only, and then gif continued it by his mockery.
preston

Waverly, OH

#405058 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
No apology necessary.
I just wanted to make sure you weren't cheating yourself out of few years, of what life you have left.(lol)
thanks, I have a real good life and a wife that loves me more that I can tell,

and my children mean the world to me and I am very proud of them
so I would love to spend more time with them, but it is getting to the point that I have more friends and family ove there than I do hee

#405059 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE MOCKING FRED MOORE A DISABLED MAN WHO WAS MOLESTED BY MEN IN A GROUP HOME. not my baby nor me.MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL
try reading before you show how ignorant that you really are.
Moore is not my last name and I dont know fred moore and the first time that I saw his name was when orville tried his sleuthing skills, even tho I had known of previous problems at taht group home
~~~~

I was not mocking any one...I was only having fum with the name Moore

My great Uncle had Downs syndrome..His name was Earl Moore..they called

Him Early I did not mock him and as I said I did not read you post.

That was before they provided special training for the handicapped..

I was only trying to lighten up what was a serious conversation.

If I was mocking any one it was myself.because I am a MOORE descenant.

as small child I have fond memories of Him.

the days when

#405060 Nov 26, 2012
who="Michael"
According to the scriptures it was Eve that made the mistake.
If our world today claims you make a mistake religious teachings claim you can be given a second chance through forgiveness.
If you believe in Adam and Eve why then were they not given a second chance of repentence and forgiveness?
Two people without knowledge tempted by a talking serpent, to eat from a tree that would provide them with the knowledge of why they weren't to eat from the tree of knowledge.
makes no common sense.....
.....and I don't believe the story....

Adam and Eve WERE given opportunity for forgiveness. God came into the garden where they were hiding (overcome by guilt), and asked if they had eaten the fruit. Adam blamed Eve AND God. He said,'It was that WOMAN that YOU gave me.' Eve then blamed the serpent.'He beguiled me', she said.

They could have said,'Sorry, I disobeyed.' God never changes...He is 'faithful and just to forgive...and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.'

Not believing the truth does not make IT untrue. It just keeps the UNBELIEVER from the fruit of the truth.

"He that has the Son has life..."

KayMarie

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#405062 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~~
I was not mocking any one...I was only having fum with the name Moore
this reply of yours to me indicates that you were mocking fred moore.

confrinting with the word
"GOD IS FAITHFUL."

"JOHN 14: 2" --"MATT 10:27"
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
2 hrs ago Judged:

preston wrote:
and to help you.
I said not very long ago that I reached my 3 score and ten on 11/15/12. you do the math. I was almost 42 in aug 1988.
orville is far reaching for some reason.
and to set teh record straight,
I am not ashamed of helping that family, and it had nothing to do with any desire to hurt the catholic church. like I said, i am the parent of a down syndrome child, and I care very much for those type of children, and if you have ever met one, nothing but love comes from them
~~~

MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS A MOORE AS WAS MY GRAN MOTHER..

My Uncle Peter Moore was scalped by the Indians and wore a steel plat in his head...and we are all a hard headed bunch.

We used to have a Moore reunion at Carter Memorial park.Near

Wytheville Virginia..

There were many more Moore's than I could count. I have no Idea where the all lived.

I don't know where there are more or less Moore's than there were then ,

mockery of a person with mental disabilities is not making light of these posts on here.

ONLY YOU MADE MOCKERY OF HIM, ONLY YOU!

Location hidden

#405063 Nov 26, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I think there is a very real question. Are there 'conditions' tied to a 'free gift'? Are there conditions to attaining a RELATIONSHIP with Christ?
All forgivness. All power. All payment for our sins is in Christ
Himself. It is all about our 'relationship' with Him..........
What can water do? Can it wash away sins? Can it bring about a relationship? Can it in any way add to the 'finished work' of our atonement that Jesus 'paid in full' on the cross?
In other words....Is Jesus sufficient?
4GVN good friend

I think you are trying to define and conceptualize the relationship of a person with Christ....I think we all do this....So we need to look at the Trinity to be aware and understand.

The pre-condition of accepting a gift, is that one must receive the gift of God's Grace. There must be someone(soul) capable of accepting Christ, and repentance is a condition of accepting the gift of God's Grace. So many people have an emotional high, or mental high, even a heartfelt acceptance of God's Gift, but a mis-birth, miscarriage can occur, and we step off of The Way.

The relationship is with the Holy Spirit, as we become more like Jesus. As one is led out of the wilderness, out of the darkness of the old self. I think we all need to realize that we are not perfectly aligned with God, and that we deviate from the Way(we need to be shepharded) The Holy Spirit leads us now on earth, and is a fire at night, and a column of smoke for us in our journey. He guides us in our faith in Jesus. In a sense Jesus leaves so that the Comforter may come and lead.

Water baptism can be symbolic? But then again so can all of the Bible and its examples. So it takes sign, or seal, entered into by a person. For many of us, this was accomplished in infancy. But if not, it would be a great act for an older person to make more solid the seal of one's acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior.

Consider it like this, circumcision for a baby is not understood. But for an adult male, it is a great sign for his acceptance into the Jewish covenant....Similarly, baptism is the same for the Christian....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405064 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:

Confrinting says.......
In due time all will find out...what the seven Spirits of God are...
until God reveals them...WHY SPECULATE ?...

Michael says.......if you currently believe God consists of 3 spirits, why is it christians including yourself, never mention the other 4?
....or is the bible wrong, and that is why they are never mentioned?
Is it 3 or is it 7?
something is wrong!
preston wrote:
<quoted text>a person would think that with 125 years of Bible study that he and her would know what those spirits are, wouldnt one?
If one really wanted to do some comparison of these seven, one could probably come up with connections to the "7 Characteristics of self-actualization [i.e. being aware / Self]:

http://psychology.about.com/od/theoriesofpers...

#405065 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The loss of a child is very tough to accept. Being religious or not being religious will not change the outcome, whatever that outcome is. If it gives you comfort to believe there is something better after this life than so be it.
30,000 innocent children starve to death every day in our world. We have to ask why?
~~~

YOU WROTE..

30,000 innocent children starve to death every day in our world. We have to ask why?

BECAUSE OF SIN AND UNBELIEF.

The Children themselves did not make the decisions themselves..

but suffered the consequences of decision that were made by others sometimes years before a child is born, that left a legacy for the child..

Just as you are establishing a legacy for you grandchildren and rejecting Christ...your innocent descents will suffer from your decision. You are shaping their future now..

Pro_8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Deu_5:9 ....... I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

~~~

My Grand mother made a decision in the late 1800's (to receive Jesus Christ as Her Lord and savior)

That decision has effected my parents life,and My life and will shape the lives of my descendents in future generations.

The wages of sin is death...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405066 Nov 26, 2012
who="Michael" celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25th. However, christians believe that Jesus was not really born on December 25.
Christians celebrate Jesus annunciation on March 25th, 9 months to the exact day of the celebration of Jesus birth on December 25th. So! if christians don't believe December 25th is the actual birth day of Jesus than the annunciation on March 25th can't be right either.
Why claim particular dates of special events if they didn't really occur on those dates?
Makes no common sense.
FESTIVUS is celebrated December 23. We know tht date of celebration to be factual. The actual creator Frank Costanza is still alive and he verifies this date as true.
No one knows the actual birthday...so what is wrong about a mutual agreement to set aside one day to commemorate His birth? The idea is not to proclaim His exact birthday, but to remember Him TOGETHER.
All societies do not keep such birth records. My father and his sister celebrated the same day as their birth date for some years before they discovered that neither of them really knew. Reason: Some 'country folk' only remembered that a child was born "in harvest season", or "in the spring", or "the blizzard of whatever year it was".
The children were recognized, no one denied their existence, but the "day" was not important to them.
God sometimes deliberately leaves out something that might be 'worshipped'. He did not reveal the grave site of Moses, because men would have built a worship site there; honoring the servant, rather than the Master.
KayMarie
"God sometimes deliberately leaves out something that might be 'worshipped'. He did not reveal the grave site of Moses, because men would have built a worship site there; honoring the servant, rather than the Master."

Thinking you know what "God" can or cannot do is not being honest.

Why do you try and mislead others?

#405067 Nov 26, 2012
who="Michael"
Please explain this?
GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.

"A day with the Lord is as a thousand years." No man lived a full thousand years. Methuselah came closest at 969 years. Then the allotted time was reduced to 125 years, and finally to 70 years, where it remains.
One can shorten or lengthen their days. Science has found that those who go to church live seven years longer than average.

Reason being (on average) is that some people spend years in church, but others start later...or quit, instead of 'enduring'.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Scales Off 8,698
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 9 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 10 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web