Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
390,081 - 390,100 of 539,024 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405031 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain this?
GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.
Michael...

Spiritual.....think spiritual...

Adam died spiritually that very day because of SIN.....

Adam lived physically until the age of 930 years old....
preston

Waverly, OH

#405032 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, we all care for children such as your child. Is your child a boy or girl? Over the years I have met many children such as your child. They are the most honest people you will find, and all they really want is to be accepted and loved.
I am sure you are a very dedicated and good parent, and I am sure your child loves you very much.
as i told sheryl, he only lived 15 days and we only had him home for part of two days when he quit breathing.

but it seems that not every person on here likes mentally disabled children.

the true attributes of gif are rearing their evil head up and mocking a child that he didnt even know.

this is making me sick and i am gonna back off for a few.
I never met this fred moore but my heart goes out to him

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#405033 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but sheryl, he only lived 15 days. I had him home for part of two days. at home he started having trouble and we rushed him to the hospital, and he stopped breathing while I was holding him and I tried to blow into his lungs.
litle did I know that that was going to be a going away kiss.
and i must admit, not often do I feel a need or a desire to smack someone but gif mocking a mentally retarded person is one of those times.
~~~

I have made no reference to your grand baby...or any of you family

Reread my former post...I started the funning before you brought up the subject..

If you want to be insulted that is your choice...I didn't even read your post.

Question..

DO YOU HAVE TO CREATE A REASON TO BE BITTER AND ANGRY ALL THE TIME?

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS EVER LOST A GRAND CHILD DON'T YOU KNOW.

ABORTION GOT ONE OF MINE..

.ANOTHER DIED BECAUSE THE UMBILICAL WAS WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK...FROM WHERE MY DAUGHTER WAS WORKING IN A PLACE THAT WAS FOGGY WITH CIGARETTE SMOKE..

ONE OF MY SON'S WAS FOUND HANGED...

AND OTHER GRAND SON DIED FROM PRESCRIPTION OXYCONTIN..

I KNOW WHAT SORROW IS

BUT I HAVE THE COMFORTER ..THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT COMFORTS ME AND MY WIFE.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405034 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, we all care for children such as your child. Is your child a boy or girl? Over the years I have met many children such as your child. They are the most honest people you will find, and all they really want is to be accepted and loved.
I am sure you are a very dedicated and good parent, and I am sure your child loves you very much.
And, Michael, how do you deal with the loss of a child???

We have to remember that children are God's blessings....

The blessings of God, spiritual and physical, ought never to be taken for granted.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405035 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>then that makes three of us that love them.
one is lurking but I know that she does too.
it is a shame that a grown man like gif(or his wife, whoever is posting) wishes to make fun of a mentally retarded person.
I have to admit, that I would not have thought that of him.
and his pride will not allow him to repent of that sin, and it is a sin. Jesus loves those little children(no matter how old they are), they still mentally are children
Yes, and, they are a blessing from God in which we should NEVER take these blessings (spiritual or physical for granted).

Keep in mind, Preston, that if we stay on the straight and narrow path, we WILL again be with these precious children.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405036 Nov 26, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Reread my former post...I started the funning before you brought up the subject..
Question..
.ANOTHER DIED BECAUSE THE UMBILICAL WAS WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK...FROM WHERE MY DAUGHTER WAS WORKING IN A PLACE THAT WAS FOGGY WITH CIGARETTE SMOKE..
I KNOW WHAT SORROW IS
1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
GIF,

I am so sorry for your losses, too....

Remember, as I just told Preston, if we stay on the straight and narrow path, we, too, WILL again be with these precious children.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#405037 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
and to help you.
I said not very long ago that I reached my 3 score and ten on 11/15/12. you do the math. I was almost 42 in aug 1988.
orville is far reaching for some reason.
and to set teh record straight,
I am not ashamed of helping that family, and it had nothing to do with any desire to hurt the catholic church. like I said, i am the parent of a down syndrome child, and I care very much for those type of children, and if you have ever met one, nothing but love comes from them
How do we know for sure. YOU LIE SO MUCH !!!!

So did you bring to light and out the sexual abuse at the manoe or was that another Lie as well.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#405038 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Full of Love says.....
I'm glad that you take part of Christmas Jethro.
Michael says......
I am not Jethro.
LOL! Oh no.I am so sorry.

I meant Michael,please forgive me.

Well,I hope to see both of you in heaven.

#405039 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Question..
I KNOW WHAT SORROW IS
About four months ago my oldest grandson was in his pickup contemplating suicide.. Things had reversed upon him till he felt he could bear it no longer..

A lady knocked on his window .

when He opened it she proceeded to tell him things about himself that only He and God Knew...

He said he dropped his head upon the stirring wheel and sobbed like a baby...and gave his heart to Jesus....

God sent a person (a stranger) to him that not only saved his soul but also saved his life.

I won't go through the particulars but since that day God has seen to it that he is altogether a different successful person and He is working toward becoming a pastor.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405040 Nov 26, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Water baptism & circumcision are not seals as I understand Scripture. These are mans public declarations. A distinction is made however in the following Scriptures;
However, a Holy seal, is given from Holy God and only by Holy God can they be given.
Matt. 3...
11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.
Ephesians 1:
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Orville good friend

You are partly correct. It is there for the world to see(a public declaration), both circumcision and baptism:

But remember Romans 4:11

"And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:"

This sign is a seal, and in this case of something God has given, which is righteousness. Therefore, God has put something righteous in Abraham, which is faith, both before and after the circumcision. God therefore infused faith before, and imputed faith as a sign. And this is the reason that baptism(and circumcision) for infants is an acceptable practice.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#405041 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>then that makes three of us that love them.
one is lurking but I know that she does too.
it is a shame that a grown man like gif(or his wife, whoever is posting) wishes to make fun of a mentally retarded person.
I have to admit, that I would not have thought that of him.
and his pride will not allow him to repent of that sin, and it is a sin. Jesus loves those little children(no matter how old they are), they still mentally are children
Preston mo one with a heart would make fun of a retard child.
Or a child with a disablity. I have a grandson who is 18 now and just started to live on his own.
There are challenges for him but he is doing it. the left side of his body is like dead weight but he manages just great.
He only has one 1/4 of his brain that is operating, he is a wonderful boy happy and always smiling. God has blessed us richly with this child.
He has a Husky dog, and he gets up at 5:30 every morning and takes that dog for a walk, before he catches his school bus to a program were he is learning life skills.
I am sorry about your lose Preston, I have never lost a child to death, so to say I know how you feel won't be true.
But I have lost most of my family to alcohol, I have had to call police on my daughter and son 2-3 times one tried to beat me up the other my husband. Its heart breaking Preston.
We all have issues and things that have happened in our life that has formed our personality Preston.
I have been a street Mom to I don't know how many kids, I still get phone calls from many of them who were abused and just thrown out of the house. One man just came back He is in his 50's now its funny to see him, he was all pimples and a long neck last time I saw him LOL.
I gave him a little Bible when he left my house, he still had it and it was well used.
God doesn't want us fighting and judging each other Preston, no father wants to see his childing fighting among their children.
Everyone has a story to tell Preston life lessons that God has allowed in our lifes to use us to help others.
So lets prove to the nonbelievers that Born again Christians are not hateful mean people, but God fearing lovely people who are tolerate of others even if they are not were the other is Spirituality. Our journey isn't over yet Preston, God's plan for our life is unfolding at His speed not anyone elses.
WE ARE HIS WORKERMANSHIP. SOME OF US ARE PETERS AND PAULS, WHY WE ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE THEM WE ARE TO STRIVE TO BE LIKE JESUS.
SOME OF US MAY HAVE ALONG WAY TO GO, BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD WE WILL GET THERE.

#405042 Nov 26, 2012
Hojo:
You must call yourself "Free Mind" because you enjoy "dreaming up things"!..... Where did I "ever say" Jesus was saving "only" a fraction of humanity------AND--------where did "I" or ANY CATHOLIC say that God will send most of humanity to Hell!
Almighty God is the "author" of who is saved and who is not, who is going to heaven (or hell) and who is not, as well as who has a personal relationship to His Son Jesus --and who does not!!(not you or me or ----------Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian (EVEN THOUGH-PROTESTANTS CLAIM THIS)-------The fact remains that -these and other--"BIBLE ONLY PROTESTANTS" have appointed themselves the "final judge" (in their own desperation) as to who is a Christian and who is not, who is saved and who is going to heaven---THUS RELIEVING GOD of HIS OWN ULTIMATE responsibility!!

You have received a lot of junk teaching about Protestants. Every Protestant I have known KNOWS that God is the ultimate judge. However, He gives us a part...freewill/choice. I know that as long as I trust what He has done for me, I AM saved, because HE SAYS THAT I AM. I also know that I must CONTINUE to trust Him. If I do that, His grace will keep me in times of temptation...and, if I fail, I can confess to Him and "He is faithful and just to forgive me, AND to cleanse me from all unrighteousness."

It requires His provision...and MY trust/faith in Him. He will not fail me as I continue to trust Him. "The just shall LIVE BY HIS FAITH."

You seem to be trusting the RCC to get you through...and that is trusting man, not God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405043 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
About four months ago my oldest grandson was in his pickup contemplating suicide.. Things had reversed upon him till he felt he could bear it no longer..
A lady knocked on his window .
when He opened it she proceeded to tell him things about himself that only He and God Knew...
He said he dropped his head upon the stirring wheel and sobbed like a baby...and gave his heart to Jesus....
God sent a person (a stranger) to him that not only saved his soul but also saved his life.
I won't go through the particulars but since that day God has seen to it that he is altogether a different successful person and He is working toward becoming a pastor.
Praise the Lord!!!

Now, that could have been his guardian angel sent from the Lord....

Hebrews 1:14

14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Please, GIF, please make sure your grandson gets baptized....

Giving his heart to Jesus is fine but he needs repentance and baptism...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405044 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael...
Truth says........Adam lived physically until the age of 930. OK! thats probably when the earth was young and spun much faster and days and years clicked off at a rapid pace. When the earth started slowing down people started living shorter periods of time.(lol)

So much fallicy in the bible, and the sad part is people actually believe it.

makes no common sense.....

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405045 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, Michael, how do you deal with the loss of a child???
We have to remember that children are God's blessings....
The blessings of God, spiritual and physical, ought never to be taken for granted.
The loss of a child is very tough to accept. Being religious or not being religious will not change the outcome, whatever that outcome is. If it gives you comfort to believe there is something better after this life than so be it.

30,000 innocent children starve to death every day in our world. We have to ask why?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405046 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I blew the math, I get in a hurry to post.so I would ahve been 45 in Aug. not 46 yet/
and yes, I was born 11/15/42
and did turn 70 on the 15 of this month.
sorry and thanks for correcting me.
No apology necessary.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't cheating yourself out of few years, of what life you have left.(lol)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405047 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael...
According to the scriptures it was Eve that made the mistake.

If our world today claims you make a mistake religious teachings claim you can be given a second chance through forgiveness.

If you believe in Adam and Eve why then were they not given a second chance of repentence and forgiveness?

Two people without knowledge tempted by a talking serpent, to eat from a tree that would provide them with the knowledge of why they weren't to eat from the tree of knowledge.

makes no common sense.....

.....and I don't believe the story....

#405048 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
GIF,
I am so sorry for your losses, too....
Remember, as I just told Preston, if we stay on the straight and narrow path, we, too, WILL again be with these precious children.
I know what you are talking about and I also have the comfort of Jesus

Christ..

The word says

Isa 53:4 --->Surely he hath borne our griefs,

and carried our sorrows:<--- yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:

---> the chastisement of our peace was upon him; <---and with his stripes we are healed.

#405049 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise the Lord!!!
Now, that could have been his guardian angel sent from the Lord....
Hebrews 1:14
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Please, GIF, please make sure your grandson gets baptized....
Giving his heart to Jesus is fine but he needs repentance and baptism...
~~~

I am sure he has taken care of that...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#405050 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
the reason baptism is not necessary for salvation is because we are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8), not by faith and a ceremony (Rom. 4:1-11). You see, a religious ceremony is a set of activities or forms peformed by someone. In the Bible circumcision was a ceremony where one person performed a religious rite on another person. Likewise, baptism is also a ceremony where one person performs a religious rite on another person. But, we are saved by faith alone and anything else we do, including ceremonies, will not help.
http://carm.org/is-baptism-necessary-salvatio...
speaking only for myself, I was saved on 8/25/82 and 36 hours later, filled with the Holy Ghost.
what else would I need, I was already saved.
the answer is obvious, if I had died then I was still a christian, however to join many if not most Churches, you must be Baptised, but that was not my reason.
baptism was something that I really didnt feel that I needed(not only that, i didnt like the idea of someone shoving me backwards and maybe hirting my neck).
but God assured me tha it would be okay, and so i dxecided that 9 months after I was saved, i would get baptised, and when the nine months was about over, I went to a church where my pastor was preaching and sure enough, he preached about Baptism.
the following Sunday, I was baptised and God blessed that day
preston

I think the point is that you decided to get baptised....

In a way, I consider you fortunate in that you were saved in '82.
Also in need of being saved, you needed to repent. And because you were already a matured and experienced person in life, you probably would consider your repentence and acceptance of Christ with a deeper understanding.

When younger people without prudence, knowledge, wisdom are "saved", it may be sometimes more difficult to keep and teach them of their salvation through faith. At other times they are more on fire as well.

Sometimes it takes a bit longer for some to be aware and understand what repentance comes to mean. As you might say, sanctifiaion takes a bit longer....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••