Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 626965 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#405191 Nov 27, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>. You are arrogant and condesending to many people in your posts, which is probably just an attempt to cover up your insecurities..
Pot.
Kettle.
Black.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405192 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says........ and inconsistent "popes" who can twist, manipulate and distort the TRUE meaning of Scripture--to their own "demise and destruction"!!
Michael says. This is the first time! HOJO has ever made a negative comment about POPES.
..Personally if you are happy with your belief that is all that matters. What upsets you is that I too, am happy but you can't understand why and don't like it that I am happy.
You comments "definitely prove" that you are not happy!!!----Because--if you were--you would not be spending so much of your "anti-catholic rebellious attitude" --- attacking, condemning, criticizing, and then spreading your distorted ,heretical, and exaggerated lies against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. The fact that you "cannot" leave 2000 years of the TRUTH, regarding the Historical and Biblical TRUE teachings of Christ and His Church--ALONE---only shows how hostile, defiant and angry you (really) are!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405193 Nov 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
After the "good thief" was saved and believed in Jesus ...
HE WAS NO LONGER A THIEF...
HE WAS -->WASHED (BY FAITH )IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS, <---
HIS SINS WERE ERADICATED.
~~~~
JESUS SAID...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized -->(IN HIS BLOOD)<-- shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and
-->sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:<--
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and
---> the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth,<--- us from all sin.
The blood of Jesus Christ is the atonement for our sins...

HIS OFFERING OF HIS BLOOD FOR OUR SINS

WAS SUFFICIENT FOREVER....AND NEVER NEED BE REPEATED.

___

THE TYPE OF HIS OFFERING OF HIMSELF IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

Heb 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

Heb 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Heb 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

NOTE..THE OFFERING OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS FOR OUR SINS..IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands,

which are the figures of the true;

but into heaven itself,

now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Heb 9:25

Nor yet that he should offer himself often,

(as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered

since the foundation of the world:)

but now once in the end of the world

hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered

to bear the sins of many;

and unto them that look for him shall

he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#405194 Nov 27, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Can you imagine, a supreme being, the creator of all, requiring you, the created, to do anything for it?
Can you imagine this supreme being requiring you to preform rituals to please it?
How f'ing stupid are you?
What do you require of your child?
Had I a child, would I require anything or any action so that I would LOVE him or her?
No. Absolutely not.
Would I require anything of him or her, some conformity to what I believe is right, in order to grant my child an inheritance?
Yes.
If my children rejected what I taught them and told me they would not live according to the way I raised them, or tried to, would I still have love for them?
Yes.
But I would probably leave any money I might have to a shelter for the poor, or for pregnant woman, and NOT to my children, who rejected what I taught and instructed.
There is a difference between loving someone and granting them an inheritance.
A *big* difference.
Rob

#405195 Nov 27, 2012
who="Dust Storm"
Psalm 71:6 From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.
Psalm 22:9 But you are he that took me out of the womb: you did make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
Acts 16:15; 31-33; 18:8; 19:2,5 8:12-13; 36; 10:47 Sure is alot of people doing things here and elsewhere that some say arent necessary.
Acts 2:38 - Peter says to the multitude, "Repent and be baptized.." Protestants use this verse to prove one must be a believer (not an infant) to be baptized. But the Greek translation literally says, "If you repent, then each one who is a part of you and yours must each be baptized”(“Metanoesate kai bapistheto hekastos hymon.”) This, contrary to what Protestants argue, actually proves that babies are baptized based on their parents’ faith. This is confirmed in the next verse.
Acts 2:39 - Peter then says baptism is specifically given to children as well as adults.“Those far off” refers to those who were at their “homes”(primarily infants and children). God's covenant family includes children. The word "children" that Peter used comes from the Greek word "teknon" which also includes infants.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/baptism.html
Wont be back today, but I am sure you can find plenty of other Protestants to argue with about something.

Read more closely: "The promise (of the Holy Spirit Joel 2) is UNTO YOU, AND unto your children, AND to all who are afar off (even today), as many as the Lord our God shall call." Peter was not referring to water baptism, but to "the promise" (Acts I:4-8).

#405196 Nov 27, 2012
who="Live Action" The laws were never done away with.they were never nailed to a cross.this is why we live in a sin sick world their would be no reason to have a kingdom or heaven if the laws were kept we would be living in heaven on earth.
come out of this world so that you do not partake in her sins.warning if you do you will be called a nut a looney tunes.people hate the truth because the truth hurts and you might have to change and admit you are wrong.

It was our sin that was nailed to His cross. Jesus said, I did not come to do away with the law, but to fulfill it. He further said that LOVE is the fulfilling of the law. Thus His love led Him to lay down His life for us...completely fulfilling the 'law'(God's instructions for righteousness.)

KayMarie
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#405197 Nov 27, 2012
who="Fr Robert Dye"
LOL?
Why?
Do you believe it likely the Good Thief was baptized? To me, it seems rather unlikely ...
Scripture says that "we are baptized WITH Him INTO HIS DEATH".
The thief was truly (not figuratively) BAPTIZED WITH HIM INTO HIS DEATH.
KayMarie
All right, you are saying the Good Thief received a "Baptism of Blood."
Well and good.(Are you SURE you aren't a Catholic?)
But we are speaking of water baptism, and whether it is absolutely necessary in all cases, or are there any exceptions?
If you are trying to say that the Good Thief is NOT an exception to the necessity of water baptism, because he received "Baptism of Blood," well, you are not thinking logically.
The Baptism of Blood IS an exception to the necessity of water baptism.
Or are you trying to say they are the same thing?
They are not.
Water Baptism is the norm, and what Jesus said He intended we should do.
Baptism of Blood and Baptism of Desire are extraordinary circumstances, and appear to be logical exceptions to the norm (the rule) of water baptism.
In a similar way, water baptism by immersion ought to be the norm, as it best expresses the sign of "Dying with Christ." Baptism by pouring would logically be *allowed* for cases where immersion is not possible or advisable (the sick, the dying, infants).
(And yes, the CC is not at a Best Practice on this. I wish we were. If I had my way, we would never baptize a healthy adult via any manner but full immersion. Not because pouring is not valid--it is--but because pouring pales in sign value when compared with full immersion.)
Rob

#405198 Nov 27, 2012
who="Live Action" Are you well if so you would know what it says about the scribes and the law...And the word is his laws.my heart is full of the laws not a bunch of lies.

The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked. Who can know it (their heart)?

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405199 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't acknowledge a couple truths from Catholics.
1. We Baptize our infants because we feel Christ wants us too. We told you how its the new circumcision...the 'welcoming of a child into Christ'. How come you don't blast Jews for not waiting til their children are teenagers to circumcise them?
2. All Catholics are required to make another Holy Sacrament. Confirmation. This is like Baptism, but we do it on our own accord at an age of maturity. Usually right before high school. Its similar to your alter calls.
You should also step back and realize that the devil most certainly does not want two parents bringing their children to be Baptize either.
So, when you guys publicly teach that baptism of children isn't necessary, you best pray you're correct. If you should be wrong, you'll have to look Christ in the eye someday and explain why you felt justified in changing earlier understandings of Baptism. My advice is to not tamper with things you know little about.
Clay says......

1. We Baptize our infants because we feel Christ wants us too.

2. Catholics are required to make another Holy Sacrament. Confirmation. This is like Baptism, but we do it on our own accord at an age of maturity.

Michael says......

Infants are baptized so they don't grow up and use their own personal knowledge to decide their own religion or none.

Confirmation is not done on your own accord. I was confirmed like you and there was NO WAY my parents would have it any other way. Could you Clay tell your parents you didn't want to be confirmed?

Get real!

#405200 Nov 27, 2012
who="Truth" We become spiritually dead by our own choice and practice of sin.

Were that the case, there would be a super good class, and a super evil one. Were that the case, there would have been no need of a savior.

The sin of Adam is like part of our DNA. It is also the root of all sin. "There is NONE that sins not, NO, NOT ONE."

The New Birth awakens our heart to His Word/Desire, and His Spirit leads us to overcome sinful deeds. You can't do that on your own.

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#405201 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
After the "good thief" was saved and believed in Jesus ...
HE WAS NO LONGER A THIEF...
HE WAS -->WASHED (BY FAITH )IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS, <---
HIS SINS WERE ERADICATED.
~~~~
JESUS SAID...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized -->(IN HIS BLOOD)<-- shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and
-->sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:<--
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and
---> the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth,<--- us from all sin.
YEP
Clay

United States

#405202 Nov 27, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Had I a child, would I require anything or any action so that I would LOVE him or her?
No. Absolutely not.
Would I require anything of him or her, some conformity to what I believe is right, in order to grant my child an inheritance?
Yes.
If my children rejected what I taught them and told me they would not live according to the way I raised them, or tried to, would I still have love for them?
Yes.
But I would probably leave any money I might have to a shelter for the poor, or for pregnant woman, and NOT to my children, who rejected what I taught and instructed.
A *big* difference.
Rob
Good analogy.

I wonder how long God is going to put up with us.

I read the number of Americans who now claim Atheism, has climbed to 18%. That's double in ten yrs.
What do you personally think? Are we in our last days here?

#405203 Nov 27, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Absolutely not.
Yes.
Yes.
A *big* difference.
Rob
~~~

A *big* difference.

THEN YOU WOULD NOT BE DOING THE SAME AS GOD HAS DONE..for you..

GOD did not wait to see whether you would be obedient to HIM..
BEFORE HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR YOUR SINS,...Now did HE.

HAVE YOU NO FAITH IN GOD'S ABILITY TO BRING SALVATION TO A SOUL.

IF YOU DON'T ...

THEN IT IS A POSSIBILITY YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE WRONG PROFESSION IN LIFE.

#405204 Nov 27, 2012
who="Fr Robert Dye"
All right, you are saying the Good Thief received a "Baptism of Blood."
Well and good.(Are you SURE you aren't a Catholic?)
But we are speaking of water baptism, and whether it is absolutely necessary in all cases, or are there any exceptions?
If you are trying to say that the Good Thief is NOT an exception to the necessity of water baptism, because he received "Baptism of Blood," well, you are not thinking logically.
The Baptism of Blood IS an exception to the necessity of water baptism.
Or are you trying to say they are the same thing?
They are not.
Water Baptism is the norm, and what Jesus said He intended we should do.
Baptism of Blood and Baptism of Desire are extraordinary circumstances, and appear to be logical exceptions to the norm (the rule) of water baptism.
In a similar way, water baptism by immersion ought to be the norm, as it best expresses the sign of "Dying with Christ." Baptism by pouring would logically be *allowed* for cases where immersion is not possible or advisable (the sick, the dying, infants).
(And yes, the CC is not at a Best Practice on this. I wish we were. If I had my way, we would never baptize a healthy adult via any manner but full immersion. Not because pouring is not valid--it is--but because pouring pales in sign value when compared with full immersion.)
Rob

I didn't say 'baptism of blood'. I said, "baptism of DEATH WITH JESUS CHRIST." The thief did not have an opportunity for water baptism, some do not have the opportunity. That is in God's hands, and He is capable of 'saving to the uttermost'.

For one who deliberately resists baptism, he/she will be responsible...again, that, too, is in God's hands.

I prefer full immersion. The Greek word for baptism is 'bapto', which means full immersion.

KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405205 Nov 27, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL?
Why?
Do you believe it likely the Good Thief was baptized? To me, it seems rather unlikely ...
The thief was not subject to the New Testament command to be baptized into Christ’s death (Romans 6:3-4), just as Moses, Abraham, and David were not amenable to it. They all lived prior to the cross under different law codes. They could not have been baptized into Christ’s death—because He had not yet died! The establishment of the church of Christ and the launching of the Christian religion did not occur until after Christ’s death, on the day of Pentecost in the year A.D. 30 in the city of Jerusalem (Acts 2). An honest and accurate appraisal of the biblical data reveals for us to conclude that the thief on the cross is not an appropriate example of how people are to be saved this side of the cross.
Clay

United States

#405206 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says......
2. Catholics are required to make another Holy Sacrament. Confirmation. This is like Baptism, but we do it on our own accord at an age of maturity.
Michael says......
Infants are baptized so they don't grow up and use their own personal knowledge to decide their own religion or none.
Confirmation is not done on your own accord. I was confirmed like you and there was NO WAY my parents would have it any other way. Could you Clay tell your parents you didn't want to be confirmed?
Get real!
Actually Mike, I DID have a choice. My parents stayed out of it... Of course, I would have been the only one in my class to opt out, so there could have been pressure and also I didn't wanna disappoint my folks.
But regardless mike, your parents can 'force' you to put a suit on and go up to the alter. But they can't force your heart and mind to participate.
You confirm yourself. Period.

#405207 Nov 27, 2012
who="Michael"
Clay says......
Michael says......
Get real!

Someone likened Confirmation to the Baptism in the Holy Ghost. Confirmation is EXPECTED of children at a certain age. Do ANY of them prophesy, speak in tongues, or do miracles when they are confirmed by a man?

No comparison...

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405208 Nov 27, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>28Nov12.....
.....You just do NOT get it, do you...ya schidt-for-brains.
Yes. There were hundreds, if not thousands of ILK that professed to be priests and 'other' members of the clergy and others outside the clergy in the Holy Roman Catholic Church that sexually abused the youth of their times.
BobLoblah takes NO sides with these monsters and BobLoblah has said it before and will say it again that they should be lined UP and shot.
However, these numbers 'pale' when compared to the 'millions' of good, kind, compassionate, honest, hardWorking Popes, Biships, Cardinals, Priests, Monks, Nuns, Brothers, and other members of the clergy that have come down da pipes over the passt 2000 years.
Ps:....Why don'tCha readUP on those 'outside' the Catholic Church that have sexually abused our youth. Take for example within the BBC where the children's showMan, Jonny Seville has recently been found to have abused over 450 kids. Other ILK associated with him...including the wannabee Rock 'n Roller Gary Glitter.
You should also give some attention to what is going on within the different 'sports organizations'....Penn State comes to mind, and within the hockeyWorld....there are still monsters that roam amongst the young up-'n-commers.
BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to you 'sickel', there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.
Go figure.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Mr. Loblaws......

Name calling your forte? Mr. Loblaws?

You make up nothing but excuses. Sex abuse scandals worldwide within the catholic church. Vatican bank money laundering scandals. 2 investigations by the vatican on our hard working nuns.

Catholic church takes in BILLIONS of dollars. Pays no property taxes....every week ask for more money.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/a-...

For many years the bishops lied and covered up sex abuse scandals for their priests, now the pope puts the very same bishops in charge of blowing the whistle on these sexual abusive clergy, the very same clergy they covered up for in the first place. Does that make sense to you Mr. Loblaws?

You are a joke Mr. Loblaws..

and UNBELIEVABLE!

Clay

United States

#405209 Nov 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says......
Michael says......
Get real!
No parent, teacher or Priest can tamper with your free will. If they dragged you to the Church to get Confirmed, and forced you to the front....so what? Either you want it or you don't. You didn't, so here you are 40 yr later. You won. Your parents didn't get what they wanted.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#405210 Nov 27, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>28Nov12.....
....Some Christians do this.
Ps:...ALL Roman Catholics do NOT.
Go reFigure.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Are you old enough to remember the GONG show?

You just got GONGED! Mr. Loblaws

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Fri huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Gee Tee 9,892
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Fri Dump Trump 1
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Thu huey goins 3
News 500 years after reformation, Pope Francis knock... Feb 4 Listen to the Word 1
News Activists have immigrant message for pope Feb 3 wild child 1
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Feb 2 barefoot2626 1,955
More from around the web