Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,501)

Showing posts 390,001 - 390,020 of532,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>27Nov12.....
.....Vell, you can get 'knocked off' as well as 'knocked up' and 'knocked down'.
Ps:....Consider yourself as 'knockedUP' while being considred to be 'knocked off'....for being a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
O well.... what more can be expect from a real Roman Catholic..

examples such as you speak volumes...

I need not say any thing....You have displayed your own heart, before us all here.

One described in the Old testament

yielding fruit.
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

JESUS SAID

Mat_5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Mat_12:34 O generation of vipers,

how can ye, being evil,

speak good things?

for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
But Paul had faith in the Law, prior to faith in Christ.
Romans 4:11
Circumcision is a sign of righteousness, both before, and after for Abraham, and the Law of Moses.
Since we are not under the Laws of Moses, we can be circumcised to the faith of Abraham, but baptism is a new sign.( I am speaking of both water and Spirit.) in which we are sealed.
Thus as adults and children(infants) were circumcised under Abraham and the Law of Moses, now adults and children(infants) are baptised in the Law of Grace.
Deuteronomy 10:16

16 Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

Male descendents who entered into the covenant had to carry that reminder of the covenant in their own flesh.

Removal of sin...

Romans 2:29

29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a personís praise is not from other people, but from God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Water baptism & circumcision are not seals as I understand Scripture. These are mans public declarations. A distinction is made however in the following Scriptures;
However, a Holy seal, is given from Holy God and only by Holy God can they be given.
Matt. 3...
11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.
Ephesians 1:
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Romans 4:11

11 [[[[[And he received circumcision as a sign,]]]]]~~~~a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised.~~~~~ So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "IF" God is above.
I have always stated I do not believe in the trinity. I can't get my mind around 3 distinct persons in one God and each person performing particular functions, and then they all return with two sitting on the side of the one in the middle as they are taught. We picture them as humans but in reality to those that believe they are suppose to be spirits yet we have no idea what a real spirit is suppose to look like. I have also stated I tend more towards being agnostic not an atheist. I do not adhere to any group.
I am an individual who personally determines using my FREE WILL what I believe to be fact or fiction.
Is there a God? I don't know and in reality neither do you. Do we hope there is a God or spirit etc. who is fair and will judge everyone for their good deeds and faults. Certainly.
To me it doesn't matter what any religion teaches. If it doesn't make common sense to me than I abstain from it.
I was raised a catholic and taught ONLY catholicism. Is that the right way to believe in something because your parents want you to become .......just like them? I understand why parents teach their children their belief, mostly because they are ignorant and fearful of what others believe, because the religious leaders of your church teach you that.
.......not meant to offend.
SO YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN A TRIUNE GOD..

You also are a trinity...made in the likeness of God.

1. You are a spirit

2. You live in a body. which is your spirits residence

3. You possess a soul..Your psyche

While you exist as one..(as observed) before the world...

When you die your body decays and goes back to the dirt it was

originally created of.

.[IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN].

Your spirit (pneuma) and soul (the PSYCHE reason OF THE HEART ...of man) ascends to God., who made it.

your body decays/turns back... to dust

and will be reunited with your soul and spirit

at the coming of Christ and will be changed like unto to a glorious

body of like that one of Christ after his resurrection.Christ.

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

___

1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>SAY WHAT??? I come to Preston's aid. It would be a cold day.....Emailing Preston??? What in the world are you talking about?
lol.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
My miscue. Should of been FOL e mailed Preston.
Orville...stop the nonsense....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>27Nov12.....
......There have been some awful members of the Catholic Church over its 2000 year old history and for BobLoblah the Borgias come to mind...with even the Borgia pope being a hypocrite.
Those that 'took part' in the Spanish Inquisition should have been shot with a ball of their own schidt and then 'drawn and quartered'.
Ps:....Meanwhile,'Most' of the hundreds of thousands of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Nuns, and dedicated lay-people over the years have been kind, honest, compassionate, endearing, dependable and in so making up the Catholic Church that is so much involved in helping out around the WholeWideWorld.
For one to 'blame' the LifeTime of the Holy Roman Catholic Church on a handful of the miserable few, only confirms that you are a schidt-for-brains.....and probably NOT even a Catholic to begin with.
A REAL Catholic has a special gift. Its called 'Faith'.
Go Figure.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Mr Loblaws......says.

For one to 'blame' the LifeTime of the Holy Roman Catholic Church on a handful of the miserable few.

May I remind you that for every clergy member who sexually buggered a young child were dozens of clergy who knew damn well what was going on and said NOTHING! Reported nothing.

Now times that by the huge number of credable worldwide cases for the past 17 centuries and you will quickly learn "HANDFUL" as you describe isn't even close.

http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...

Click on DOCUMENTS and CANON LAWS from this webstie and you will quickly learn that the church over 1700 years had attempted (in house only) to try and stem this problem of clergy abuse with little success.

Why would God attach his name to an organization that has had a hidden perverted sub-culture for centuries.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame brain, twisted, backwoods hillbilly.
The article is referring to man using "GOD" to justify killing each other.
Your dummer than a fried hamburger.
Does name calling solve anything???
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "IF" God is above.
I have always stated I do not believe in the trinity. I can't get my mind around 3 distinct persons in one God and each person performing particular functions, and then they all return with two sitting on the side of the one in the middle as they are taught. We picture them as humans but in reality to those that believe they are suppose to be spirits yet we have no idea what a real spirit is suppose to look like. I have also stated I tend more towards being agnostic not an atheist. I do not adhere to any group.
I am an individual who personally determines using my FREE WILL what I believe to be fact or fiction.
Is there a God? I don't know and in reality neither do you. Do we hope there is a God or spirit etc. who is fair and will judge everyone for their good deeds and faults. Certainly.
To me it doesn't matter what any religion teaches. If it doesn't make common sense to me than I abstain from it.
I was raised a catholic and taught ONLY catholicism. Is that the right way to believe in something because your parents want you to become .......just like them? I understand why parents teach their children their belief, mostly because they are ignorant and fearful of what others believe, because the religious leaders of your church teach you that.
.......not meant to offend.
Only 3 in 1 God?

No, Revelation tells us that God has 7 spirits.

No one can explain the other 4, but we've seen many guesses. The RCC leaves this description out of its Mass Bible reading cycles. It's like the other 4 spirits are being covered up.

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and the Great Pumpkin are the other 4 spirits mentioned in Revelation IMHO.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

The RCC said they are going to develop a code of ethics to help them deal with the sexual scandal.

I thought there already was a code of ethics -- called the Bible.

".... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Does name calling solve anything???
~~~

Hey ..CUT ORVILLE SOME SLACK...

I WROTE THE SAME REQUEST FOR JOHN OF N.J. BEFORE HE PASSED AND NO ONE LISTENED.

AFTER HE PASSED..most here spoke well of him...but before he died some here harassed him beyond reason.

IS IT NOT A TRAVESTY ...THAT SO CALLED CHRISTIANS ...CANNOT HAVE ANY COMPASSION FOR A MAN THAT EVIDENTLY HAS A TERMINAL ILLNESS.

CHRISTIAN IS AS CHRISTIN DOES...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
SO YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN A TRIUNE GOD..
You also are a trinity...made in the likeness of God.
1. You are a spirit
2. You live in a body. which is your spirits residence
3. You possess a soul..Your psyche
While you exist as one..(as observed) before the world...
When you die your body decays and goes back to the dirt it was
originally created of.
.[IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN].
Your spirit (pneuma) and soul (the PSYCHE reason OF THE HEART ...of man) ascends to God., who made it.
your body decays/turns back... to dust
and will be reunited with your soul and spirit
at the coming of Christ and will be changed like unto to a glorious
body of like that one of Christ after his resurrection.Christ.
1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
___
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
I explained myself earlier......

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only did 12 apostles never preach in a church, the leader Jesus never set foot inside a catholic church, and never did he ever rest or worship on a Sunday.
Catholics claim Jesus gave Peter the keys to the church. They had keys back then? Doors hadn't yet been invented. All they had were hanging beads on strings between entrance ways (lol)
Christianity squeezed all the Jew out of Jesus and made him their own.
This is just more of your distorted history of lies, deceit and spin that you are so "famous for" Michael. Jesus 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2) was headed by the Apostles as Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. In the Acts of the Apostles, Churches were established in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Colosus, Thessalonica, etc. with ALL of the Apostles ministering and preaching as authoritative leaders (again) as Bishops, priests, elders and deacons directing Jesus Christs One True Church as a heirarchical, visible and authoritative Church ....Paul's letters that are (clearly) recorded in the New Testament, "debunks" all of the twisted and perverted "nonsense" that we "can expect from you" and which only shows how "PURPOSELY" ridiculous and desperate you are...... You, Michael, will "throw out--and say (anything" in order to keep your anti-catholic hostility, vengence and vindictiveness that has, is and continues to "pollute" your mind, heart and soul! "Something is wrong" -----you keep saying??? Have you looked in the mirror yet---or are you afraid that you will (actually) begin to find what is "really wrong"!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
The RCC said they are going to develop a code of ethics to help them deal with the sexual scandal.
I thought there already was a code of ethics -- called the Bible.
".... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
I thought a few years back that Bishops were instructed to inform all clergy that they were to not be alone with any child under the age of 18.

Kind of blackballs all the clergy wouldn't you say?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I dont usually respond like this but hwre goes.
SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH.
LOOK AT THE POSTS. HE IS ATTACKING ME.
nope my kids are not bullies but they dont take crap off of imbiciles like you.
justin was a student leader his senior year. you dont get that respect by being a bully. when he met jesse jackson this spring, jessie was Very impressed with him and told him some day, he will be a leader.
you dont know me, you judge me because of mental patients like orville, and your own mental deficiencies.
look at karen rebuking Orville, while you keep silent
when jess said what she did to richard, she didnt like him putting her father down
You got short term memory Preston??? you talk to everyone on here like that.
People attack you because, you attack everyone else.
you have called everyone any where from idiot, stupid, filthy lair, satanist, I could go on but hey who keeps records of peoples wrongs, OH YES YOU DO. FROM 10 YEARS AGO OR MORE.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 3 in 1 God?
No, Revelation tells us that God has 7 spirits.
No one can explain the other 4, but we've seen many guesses. The RCC leaves this description out of its Mass Bible reading cycles. It's like the other 4 spirits are being covered up.
Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and the Great Pumpkin are the other 4 spirits mentioned in Revelation IMHO.
FREE MIND says....... Revelation tells us that God has 7 spirits.

Michael says..........If its in the bible it has to be true. 7 spirits it is.

7 spirits?? How do they square that in heaven. Catholic church teaches God the holy spirit sits on the left side of God the father, and Jesus sits on the right side of god the father, do the other 4 spirits just sit in front as a group?

We will have to ask Father Rob.....he will know.(lol)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No games, I through Preston out of my 'church' on here a long time ago, it's you all that keep talking to him.
and no i didn't see 4gvn come to his aid but I did see Karen email him, that distressed me.
And the topic I was on is, The True Church of God.
Marge,

Why would it distress you that I emailed Preston?

You don't even know what it was about.

I made it plain that I didn't want to fuss anymore.

I tried to make things right,like we are suppose to do.

The Bible says, "Confess your faults one to another.

If you notice,I do not get involved in his debates.

I might say something when someone uses nasty talk,but that is it.

I do not answer for anyone but myself.

God know's my heart,that is all that matters to me.

Matthew 5

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought a few years back that Bishops were instructed to inform all clergy that they were to not be alone with any child under the age of 18.
Kind of blackballs all the clergy wouldn't you say?
10-4.

God did not appoint an institution that can not allow its spiritual leaders to be alone with children -- to guide the world on faith and morals.

That would be stupid. I do not believe that God is stupid.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

Catholics claim Jesus gave Peter the keys to the church. They had keys back then? Doors hadn't yet been invented. All they had were hanging beads on strings between entrance ways (lol)
Christianity squeezed all the Jew out of Jesus and made him their own.
Anyone that would make a statement such as you made, thinking that Jesus was speaking of (actual keys) to a door lock, MUST be suffering from some sort of disorder or is it that you are so "hung up" on your venegence and animosity against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, that you can "no longer --think straight". It is "no wonder" today in America that liberalism is considered to be a "mental disorder"! My family and I continue to pray (at daily Mass for you and the rest of the anti-catholic hostile, condemning and judgemental "bible only" Protestants to come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, during this upcoming season of Lent---- in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--Bride of Christ
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>at no time have I slandered you or your wife, you continue this rote but never provide proof.
Orville HAS BEEN ATTACKING ME, NOT VICE VERSA. LIKE I DO WITH YOU, I DEFEND MYSELF. AND NO HIS PROBLEMS IS NOT OPHYSICAL, IT IS MENTAL. LOOK AT HIS POST. HE BLAMES 4BDN FOR EMAILING ME, HE DOESNT GET ANYTHING RIGHT, THAT IS THE SIGN OF MENTAL ILLNESS.
why wouldnt his church help him if he was in need?
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A CHURCH TURNING DOWN HELP FOR SOMEONE IN THEIR CHURCH. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT IF I PASTORED THAT CHURCH, I WOULD HAVE RESIGNED AFTER THEY REFUSED HIM IF HE ACTUALLY WAS IN NEED.
and if you really are a preacher, you must agree with my assessment of that situation, like me or not like me.
it is said to say, but orville is a basket case who needs help.
straight creek?
nezt time, you will have me at crooked creek.lol
Yep you have short term memory Preston. and you just told a whooper lie.
You have done nothing but hassle confrint and his wife, calling them many nasty names. SO WHATCA TALKING ABOUT PRESTON , OH I KNOW THE DEVIL MADE YOU DO IT .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 390,001 - 390,020 of532,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Crazy 8,116
More 6 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 11 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 16 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••