Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,501)

Showing posts 390,001 - 390,020 of511,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

read this article, with a little bit of understanding.

it is a humorous yet still a serious article.

God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule
September 26, 2001 | ISSUE 37•34 | More News

God.
"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord, His divine face betraying visible emotion during a press conference near the site of the fallen Twin Towers. "Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."

Worshipped by Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike, God said His name has been invoked countless times over the centuries as a reason to kill in what He called "an unending cycle of violence."

"{{I don't care how holy(SEE THIS MR FALSE PROPHET AND HIS SISTER MARGE) somebody claims to be," God said. "If a person tells you it's My will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it? I don't care what religion you are, or who you think your enemy is, here it is one more time: No killing, in My name or anyone else's, ever again."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-angrily-...

it is satire, so if you are to ignorant to know what satire is, DONT READ IT, IT WILL JUST GO OVER YOUR HEAD

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
If infant baptism or any water-baptism had infused virtues, not Scriptual, not proven.
marge good friend

Maybe its hard to prove, to the unbeliever, but it is scriptural.

Remember faith is a sign of righteousness(faith is one of the virtues) to Abraham before he was circumcised, and then became circumcised....Romans 4:11

The effects and effectiveness are by God's Grace and man's acceptance of that Grace.

Baptism is a seal as is circumcision....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Whats was gong on Saturday evening about 4 o'clock I seen a whole lotta mackrel snappers congregated around the RCC here.
7th day....

I don't know. Today is a Solemnity of Christ the King, definitely a day to celebrate the Kingship of Christ....
Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>marge, you havent changed which is why I have said this forum has declined in intelligence since.
you speak about the "true church" yet you call Orville who as called me a demon and prayed that God would kill me. a "brother".
orville is certainly not a Christian, tho you qualify as his brother. he is evil and you are stupid.
PRAYER
and what God is listening for
praying and thinking
bother the Father
God listens to prayers
Praying for enemies
for personal prayer requests
Prayer pdf document download
(more at end)
Praying Amiss:
puppeteering
the laundry list mentality
labeling and name-calling
comparing
using God to your advantage
getting God to back your plan
SORRY. ORVILLE BUT GOD ISNT GOING TO ANSWE THISPAYE, ALL IT DOES IS SHOW THAT YOU BELONG TO SATAN AND ANY PERSON WHO CALLS YOU A BROTHER IN CHRIST IS AS GUILTY AS YOU ARE AND WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDINGLY. OSAS WILL NOT HELP YOU EITHER .
MARGE.

Wiley-Preston steals again."Prayer" stolen from:
http://www.spirithome.com/prayersp.html

I still petition Holy God to remove you from this earth. Still. Sometimes daily. You refer to this as "Kill" - "death". To you it probably is . You will not partake in the second death. And you know this.
Then you try to bring Marge into your sinister and dark agenda by once again hurdling very personal insults at her. Again.

I do not and will not ever see you as a anything but what you are. A Roman troll. They are not my brother.

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
On the surface, the first thing is that Paul was already a pretty old guy, and a Jew, before he repented and became a Christian, not an infant or a child.
Robert, where did you come up with the knowledge that Paul was a"pretty old guy" when he got Saved?

since right before this event, he was a "student" of Gamiliel, and I just dont think that Gamilel would have taken old men as students.

so could you give me the link where you found out that info about Paul, I would like to read it for myself.

Paul died when he was only 62, that is younger than you and I.lol.

it is believed that Paul was around 14 when he was sent to study the law under gamaliel

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
The Law of Moses did not make Paul alive unto God.
Paul had "to die to the Law."
Paul said "no" to self and "yes" to Christ, just as we have to when we are baptized.
Romans 6:6-7
6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—
7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
Again, how does this apply to infant baptism???
Truth good friend

But Paul had faith in the Law, prior to faith in Christ.

Romans 4:11

Circumcision is a sign of righteousness, both before, and after for Abraham, and the Law of Moses.

Since we are not under the Laws of Moses, we can be circumcised to the faith of Abraham, but baptism is a new sign.( I am speaking of both water and Spirit.) in which we are sealed.

Thus as adults and children(infants) were circumcised under Abraham and the Law of Moses, now adults and children(infants) are baptised in the Law of Grace.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend
Remember faith is a sign of righteousness(faith is one of the virtues) to Abraham before he was circumcised, and then became circumcised....Romans 4:11
The effects and effectiveness are by God's Grace and man's acceptance of that Grace.
When one is baptized from above with the Holy Spirit it can be proved.

Yes by Faith!

All I'm saying Robert is that water-baptism is not what saves but by Grace through Faith:)
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

the reason baptism is not necessary for salvation is because we are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8), not by faith and a ceremony (Rom. 4:1-11). You see, a religious ceremony is a set of activities or forms peformed by someone. In the Bible circumcision was a ceremony where one person performed a religious rite on another person. Likewise, baptism is also a ceremony where one person performs a religious rite on another person. But, we are saved by faith alone and anything else we do, including ceremonies, will not help.

http://carm.org/is-baptism-necessary-salvatio...

speaking only for myself, I was saved on 8/25/82 and 36 hours later, filled with the Holy Ghost.

what else would I need, I was already saved.

the answer is obvious, if I had died then I was still a christian, however to join many if not most Churches, you must be Baptised, but that was not my reason.

baptism was something that I really didnt feel that I needed(not only that, i didnt like the idea of someone shoving me backwards and maybe hirting my neck).

but God assured me tha it would be okay, and so i dxecided that 9 months after I was saved, i would get baptised, and when the nine months was about over, I went to a church where my pastor was preaching and sure enough, he preached about Baptism.

the following Sunday, I was baptised and God blessed that day
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor things! Christ came to serve, not be served. These misguided souls would do well to prayerfully reflect upon this simple, loving premise from which our redemption flowed.
Have no fear, the Church has her xxxx very much together! Everything is right!
SELFLESSNESS!
Perhaps a Laxative might help....lol
Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend

Water baptism & circumcision are not seals as I understand Scripture. These are mans public declarations. A distinction is made however in the following Scriptures;

However, a Holy seal, is given from Holy God and only by Holy God can they be given.

Matt. 3...

11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

Ephesians 1:
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>any person that has read your posts for any length of time has recognized that you arent very much of a student.
remember when you tried to use the garden episode to try and prove your understanding of OSAS.and you didnt read the "rest of the story" when John fully explained that it had been fully discharged that night.
if you cant get that right, how would you understand what ROB is saying.
the answer is obvious, you dont have the intelligence.
continue to listen to mr and mrs fraud, after 125 years, they dont know what they are talking about either.

Wrong Coyote-Preston. Wrong. Again.

Marge has more credibility here than anyone.

It is you, Coyote-Preston who has absolutely no validity here, no honor, no truth, nothing but a mis-guided, closet homo, vile, evil, Roman Troll.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen pictures like this before, FOL. I am not sure but I think our Pastor's daughter brought them to our church once along with some of scriptures from the lost sea scrolls.
Or to a prayer meeting can't remember now it was long ago. Its understandable, the manger would be hollowed out of the wall of a cliff as was Jesus's tomb. Its nice to see places where Our Savior walked and talked and lived among people.
How are you doing FOL are you feeling ok??
Thank you.

I'm doing ok,old arther is visiting more often since it's gotten colder.

Part of getting older I guess.

Thank you for asking.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
read this article, with a little bit of understanding.
it is a humorous yet still a serious article.
God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule
September 26, 2001 | ISSUE 37•34 | More News
God.
"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord, His divine face betraying visible emotion during a press conference near the site of the fallen Twin Towers. "Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."
Worshipped by Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike, God said His name has been invoked countless times over the centuries as a reason to kill in what He called "an unending cycle of violence."
"{{I don't care how holy(SEE THIS MR FALSE PROPHET AND HIS SISTER MARGE) somebody claims to be," God said. "If a person tells you it's My will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it? I don't care what religion you are, or who you think your enemy is, here it is one more time: No killing, in My name or anyone else's, ever again."
http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-angrily-...
it is satire, so if you are to ignorant to know what satire is, DONT READ IT, IT WILL JUST GO OVER YOUR HEAD

Lame brain, twisted, backwoods hillbilly.

The article is referring to man using "GOD" to justify killing each other.

Your dummer than a fried hamburger.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiley-Preston steals again."Prayer" stolen from:
http://www.spirithome.com/prayersp.html
I still petition Holy God to remove you from this earth. Still. Sometimes daily. You refer to this as "Kill" - "death". To you it probably is . You will not partake in the second death. And you know this.
Then you try to bring Marge into your sinister and dark agenda by once again hurdling very personal insults at her. Again.
I do not and will not ever see you as a anything but what you are. A Roman troll. They are not my brother.
any one can use google or bing to find almost anything, so if I dont put the link no problem. I DONT CARE.

and I didnt bring marge into your sinsiter lifestyle, she brought her own ignorant self in, by calling you a brother.

and what I have said about her is very evident, she is the person taht said that Jesus neve lost anyone and John later said that "saying" was fulfilled in the garden,

know what you are talking about there, false prophet.LOL.

"daily" huh.lol.
dont you know anything about God?

he doesnt heal one day and answer a prayer from (?), I aint got words to describe you,the next day.

one thing is certain, you are short a couple of nuts and bolts to complete your head.

God’s personal message to Jeremiah,“Attack you they will, overcome you they can’t,”[9] was fulfilled many times in the Biblical narrative, Jeremiah was attacked by his own brothers,[10] beaten and put into the stocks by a priest and false prophet,[11] imprisoned by the king,[12] threatened with death,[13] thrown into a cistern by Judah’s officials,[14] and opposed by a false prophet

to save you time.lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah
Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>any person that has read your posts for any length of time has recognized that you arent very much of a student.
remember when you tried to use the garden episode to try and prove your understanding of OSAS.and you didnt read the "rest of the story" when John fully explained that it had been fully discharged that night.
if you cant get that right, how would you understand what ROB is saying.
the answer is obvious, you dont have the intelligence.
continue to listen to mr and mrs fraud, after 125 years, they dont know what they are talking about either.

Wiley-Preston,

You better hope upon your knees I am not a prophet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>Robert, where did you come up with the knowledge that Paul was a"pretty old guy" when he got Saved?
since right before this event, he was a "student" of Gamiliel, and I just dont think that Gamilel would have taken old men as students.
so could you give me the link where you found out that info about Paul, I would like to read it for myself.
Paul died when he was only 62, that is younger than you and I.lol.
it is believed that Paul was around 14 when he was sent to study the law under gamaliel
preston

You are probably correct.

I miswrote what I was thinking....I was responding to a reference in Paul's writing to the Galatians..., which he wrote as a "pretty old guy".

Of course that is relative, in today's world he would be considered middle aged.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just
pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more
than 3% of
GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible
for re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)
took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple!
The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail,
cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year
or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to
a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask
each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will
have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed
around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2012

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void
effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen/women.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
You are probably correct.
I miswrote what I was thinking....I was responding to a reference in Paul's writing to the Galatians..., which he wrote as a "pretty old guy".
Of course that is relative, in today's world he would be considered middle aged.
Robert, you are always so kind to everyone :)
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Coyote-Preston. Wrong. Again.
Marge has more credibility here than anyone.
It is you, Coyote-Preston who has absolutely no validity here, no honor, no truth, nothing but a mis-guided, closet homo, vile, evil, Roman Troll.
here is what dust Storm says about your sister in satan marge.

Dust Storm
Saint Paul, MN
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
5 hrs ago Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert
Or it could be that some Christians don't want to associate themselves with any kind of sin whether murder, child molestation, or a pastor stepping out on their wife, they would rather do church at home or with family and friends.
Do not even eat with them, etc.
And of course myself and others plainly believe most catholics have a different gospel, enough alone to not associate.

But of course the stay at home sinless families that dont associate with anyone who each proclaim their individual gospels but all agree on everything pope Marge declares in Neverland! lol

the pope in neverland.lol

I wonder is there a place of the false prophet orville?

there should be since many of the inhabitants never want to grow up.lol

never mind Orville, you can be captain hooks religious cleric and advisor
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Several Herods during this time period i would think it was his son Herod Archelaus ethnarch of Judea, Samaria, and Idumea (biblical Edom) from 4 BCE to 6 CE thay is being referred to.
The Romans made Herod's son Herod Archelaus ethnarch of Judea, Samaria, and Idumea (biblical Edom) from 4 BCE to 6 CE, referred to as the tetrarchy of Judea. Archelaus was judged incompetent by the Roman emperor Augustus who then combined Samaria, Judea proper and Idumea into Iudaea province[8] under rule of a prefect until 41. Herod's other son Herod Antipas was tetrarch of Galilee from 4 BCE – 39 CE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_the_Great
Herod Archelaus (23 BC – c. 18 AD) was the ethnarch of Samaria, Judea, and Idumea (biblical Edom) from 4 BC to 6 AD. He was the son of Herod the Great and Malthace the Samaritan, the brother of Herod Antipas, and the half-brother of Herod Philip I.

Archelaus received the Tetrarchy of Judea by the last will of his father, though a previous will had bequeathed it to his brother Antipas. He was proclaimed king by the army, but declined to assume the title until he had submitted his claims to Caesar Augustus in Rome. Before setting out, he quelled with the utmost cruelty a sedition of the Pharisees, slaying nearly three thousand of them. In Rome he was opposed by Antipas and by many of the Jews, who feared his cruelty; but in 4 BC Augustus allotted to him the greater part of the kingdom (Samaria, Judea, and Idumea) with the title of ethnarch (not king) until 6 AD when Judaea province was formed, under direct Roman rule, at the time of the Census of Quirinius.

In the Bible, Archelaus is mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew. According to Matthew 2:13-23, Joseph, Mary and Jesus fled to Egypt to avoid the Massacre of the Innocents. When Herod the Great died, Joseph was told by an angel in a dream to return to Israel (presumably to Bethlehem). However, upon hearing that Archelaus had succeeded his father as ruler of Judaea he "was afraid to go thither" (Matthew 2:22), and was again notified in a dream to go to Galilee. This is Matthew's explanation of why Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea but grew up in Nazareth.

The beginning and conclusion of Christ's Parable of the minas in the Gospel of Luke may refer to Archelaus's journey to Rome. Some interpreters conclude from this that Jesus' parables and preaching made use of events familiar to the people as examples for bringing his spiritual lessons to life. Others read the allusion as arising from later adaptation of Jesus' parable in the oral tradition, before the parables were recorded in the gospels.

"A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return…But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying,'We do not want this man to reign over us.'…'But as for these enemies of mine,'[said the nobleman]'who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.'" (Luke 19:12, 19:14, 19:27)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_Archelaus

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 390,001 - 390,020 of511,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Gee-Tee 7,646
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 hr ELIAS IBARRA 22
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 19 hr post 3
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Apr 14 Highchurchman 5
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••