Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,024
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#404929 Nov 26, 2012
need help,been trying to find an answer to a question,did any of the 12 apostles ever teach/preach in a church? no church websites allowed,only history books.i can't find a definitive answer.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#404931 Nov 26, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Torture was previously forbidden by canon law but in 1252 Pope Innocent IV sanctioned the use of torture[9] and also granted dispensation for the inquisitors to be present during its application.[citation needed]
Psychological Torture: was a potent weapon in the hands of the inquisitors. Prisoners were confronted with friends and relatives begging a confession;canon law still only permitted torture to be used once but actually it could be repeated after a delay by the use of the legal device of continuance the psychology of delay including continuance was common, lifting and lowering hopes sometimes over a period of years; prisoners were kept in a state of ignorance of their fate and that of their families and often a strict regime of confinement in chains or other devices on a meagre diet was employed.[citation needed]
Physical torture: In Spain the usual method was to bind the arms tightly behind the back, attach heavy weights to the legs, lift the victim from the ground by means of a pulley and then jerk down. An alternate waterboarding method was to strap the victim by the arms, waist, thighs and calves to a trestle like a ladder with sharp rungs and tighten the ropes, lacerating the flesh. The trestle was sloped head down, the head restrained and the mouth forced open with iron devices. Water was then intermittently introduced into the throat inducing gagging and vomiting. The more familiar rack was also used in later years, along with thumbscrews and other instruments.
Humiliation: Victims, both men and women, were usually tortured naked. In addition, the victim were told that if they died under torture, that the Church would consider that they had committed suicide and would go straight to hell; whereas from the point of view of the torturers they had merely made a mistake or accident.[citation needed]
Relationship with Civil Law: Since the Church 'shed no blood' the guilty had to be handed over to the civil authorities for final punishment. Civil authorities only usually used torture as a means of actual punishment to the guilty, or as a means of gaining forensic information from criminals.[citation needed] And unlike the inquisition often forbade the torture of women with its sexual overtones.[citation needed] However, most of the torture methods the inquisition used were the same; the exception being those used in Germany and the Low Countries where other devices were used.[citation needed]
27Nov12.....

......There have been some awful members of the Catholic Church over its 2000 year old history and for BobLoblah the Borgias come to mind...with even the Borgia pope being a hypocrite.

Those that 'took part' in the Spanish Inquisition should have been shot with a ball of their own schidt and then 'drawn and quartered'.

Ps:....Meanwhile,'Most' of the hundreds of thousands of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Nuns, and dedicated lay-people over the years have been kind, honest, compassionate, endearing, dependable and in so making up the Catholic Church that is so much involved in helping out around the WholeWideWorld.

For one to 'blame' the LifeTime of the Holy Roman Catholic Church on a handful of the miserable few, only confirms that you are a schidt-for-brains.....and probably NOT even a Catholic to begin with.

A REAL Catholic has a special gift. Its called 'Faith'.

Go Figure.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#404932 Nov 26, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
To think....I was going to apologize to you for saying your shtick is annoying. I actually felt bad about that..
27Nov12.....

.....BobLoblah just doesn't give a schidt what you or anybody dinks about BobLoblah's schidt.

Ps:....Your apology would NOT have been accepted anyveys....ya schidt-for-brains.

Now, dat BobLoblah has had some communication vit you 'clay'....BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

...and by da vey, explain to ALL posters vhy your moniker is in 'BLACK'!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#404933 Nov 26, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
True...But what about the children? Remember, Jesus said,
" Let the come unto me(on their own terms), of such are the kingdom of Heaven."....Babies are to small to crawl or walk yet. They are smaller children(smile).
So it would seem children(on their own terms) are more "connected" to heaven than adults, the way I see Jesus' remark about them. But of course he made a teaching out of it too.
"But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.

Relationships.....

Remember Samuel...

Samuel was trained in the way of the Lord....

When the time came when God called him...what happened???

At first he didn’t respond, but eventually when He understood and God showed himself to him, he did respond with "your servant is listening."

Relationships...

Location hidden

#404934 Nov 26, 2012
inquisition Continued
Modern times
By 1500, the Catholic Church had reached an apparently dominant position as the established religious authority in western and central Europe dominating a faith-landscape in which Judaism, Waldensianism, Hussitism, Lollardry and the finally conquered Muslims al-Andalus (the Muslim-dominated Spain) hardly figured in terms of numbers or influence. When the institutions of the Church felt themselves threatened by what they perceived as the heresy, and then schism of the Protestant Reformation, they reacted. Paul III (Pope from 1534 to 1549) established a system of tribunals, administered by the "Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Universal Inquisition", and staffed by cardinals and other Church officials. This system would later become known as the Roman Inquisition. In 1908 Pope Saint Pius X renamed the organisation: it became the "Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office". This in its turn became the "Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith"[11] in 1965, which name continues to this day.
Functional role
In practice, the Inquisition would not itself pronounce sentence, but handed over convicted heretics to secular authorities for the punishment deemed fitting by the Church.[12] The laws were inclusive of proscriptions against certain religious crimes (heresy, etc.), and the punishments included death by burning, although imprisonment often for life or banishment could be used. Thus the inquisitors generally knew what would be the fate of anyone so remanded, and cannot be considered to have divorced the means of determining guilt from its effects.[13]
Purpose
The 1578 handbook for inquisitors spelled out the purpose of inquisitorial penalties:... quoniam punitio non refertur primo & per se in correctionem & bonum eius qui punitur, sed in bonum publicum ut alij terreantur, & a malis committendis avocentur. Translation from the Latin:... for punishment does not take place primarily and per se for the correction and good of the person punished, but for the public good in order that others may become terrified and weaned away from the evils they would commit.
NOTE
I would not have cut and pasted the above,,,
But
I am sick and tired of the denial of History of the
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...BY ROMAN CATHOLICS HERE IN THIS FORUM
AND BEING CALL A LIAR EVERY TIME THE SUBJECT IS BROUGHT UP.
27Nov12.....

.....Vell, seeing as you brought it up it up again, and seeing as Bobloblah is a Roman Catholic...

...You are a LIAR.

Ps:....and den sum toooooooooo.

May da Peace and Blessing of Our Lord Jesus Christ be vit you....ya poor, unfortunate schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#404935 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
___
YOUR CHURCH HAS KNOCKED ME OFF OF THIS FORUM TWICE..AND I HAVE COME BACK WITH A DIFFERENT AVATAR..
IF YOU KNOCK ME OFF...I WILL JUST CHANGE AVATARS AND COME BACK AGAIN.
27Nov12.....

.....Vell, you can get 'knocked off' as well as 'knocked up' and 'knocked down'.

Ps:....Consider yourself as 'knockedUP' while being considred to be 'knocked off'....for being a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Clay

Chicago, IL

#404936 Nov 26, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>27Nov12.....
.....BobLoblah just doesn't give a schidt what you or anybody dinks about BobLoblah's schidt.
Ps:....Your apology would NOT have been accepted anyveys....ya schidt-for-brains.
Now, dat BobLoblah has had some communication vit you 'clay'....BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.
...and by da vey, explain to ALL posters vhy your moniker is in 'BLACK'!!!
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I don't know why my moniker is in black. What's that supposed to mean?
I'm not a professional Topix surfer. I only come on this thread here and there.
The fact that you don't accept my apology doesn't
change the fact that I'm still sorry for insulting you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#404937 Nov 26, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
John baptized you with water but He Jesus will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.
Plus, Marge, baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire (power) was for the apostles and the House of Cornelius....

I have told you this several times and you won't even study it to understand....

We are baptized today with the "gift" of the Holy Spirit aka the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#404938 Nov 26, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
John baptized you with water but He Jesus will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.
Again, Marge,

Acts 1:8

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

***You (APOSTLES) will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you.....

Do we receive this POWER today when we are baptized???

NO!!!!!!!!!!

***You (APOSTLES) will be my witnesses in Jerusalem....etc...

Do we need to be Jesus' witnesses today???

NO!!!!!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#404939 Nov 26, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend
Maybe its hard to prove, to the unbeliever, but it is scriptural.
Remember faith is a sign of righteousness(faith is one of the virtues) to Abraham before he was circumcised, and then became circumcised....Romans 4:11
The effects and effectiveness are by God's Grace and man's acceptance of that Grace.
Baptism is a seal as is circumcision....
Genesis 17:11

11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you.

Circumcision was a command of God in the covenant that God made with Abraham in the Old Testament.

Could not be a descendant of Abraham without circumcision, and no one else was included in the promises that God made to Abraham.

All uncircumcised people were CUT OFF from being in Abraham's family.

Now, think about it.....aren't we CUT OFF from being in the body of Christ (the body of believers)(the church) if we ARE NOT baptized??????????

Circumcision was imposed on the Nation of Israel by the Law of Moses.

Baptism is imposed on what???

All nations....

Matthew 25:32

32 *All the nations* will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Matthew 28:19

19 Therefore go and make disciples *of all nations,* baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#404940 Nov 26, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend
Maybe its hard to prove, to the unbeliever, but it is scriptural.
Remember faith is a sign of righteousness(faith is one of the virtues) to Abraham before he was circumcised, and then became circumcised....Romans 4:11
The effects and effectiveness are by God's Grace and man's acceptance of that Grace.
Baptism is a seal as is circumcision....
See this scripture:

Colossians 2:11

11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands (PHYSICAL.) Your whole self ruled by the flesh (sinful state of human beings) was put off when you were circumcised by Christ (SPIRITUAL,)
truth

Perth, Australia

#404941 Nov 26, 2012
On tiny chip you have everything..could you imagine that..oh

This planet look as tiny marble!
truth

Perth, Australia

#404942 Nov 26, 2012
People can be very nice but still let you down..its mean not deference.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#404943 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Marge,
Acts 1:8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
***You (APOSTLES) will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you.....
Do we receive this POWER today when we are baptized???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
***You (APOSTLES) will be my witnesses in Jerusalem....etc...
Do we need to be Jesus' witnesses today???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
What? We don't receive the Holy Spirit when we are baptized? Goodness Truth, you can't dictate how Christ dispenses His Spirit. Millions claim they DID receive the Holy Spirit when baptized.
Nuff said.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404944 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I dont usually respond like this but hwre goes.
SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH.
LOOK AT THE POSTS. HE IS ATTACKING ME.
nope my kids are not bullies but they dont take crap off of imbiciles like you.
justin was a student leader his senior year. you dont get that respect by being a bully. when he met jesse jackson this spring, jessie was Very impressed with him and told him some day, he will be a leader.
you dont know me, you judge me because of mental patients like orville, and your own mental deficiencies.
look at karen rebuking Orville, while you keep silent
when jess said what she did to richard, she didnt like him putting her father down
Preston says......when my son met jesse jackson this spring, jessie was Very impressed with him and told him some day, he will be a leader.

Michael says......Jesse Jackson's son Jesse Jr. resigned his senate seat, and is up on Federal charges and will probably be sent to prison.

http://news.yahoo.com/trouble-not-over-jesse-...

Seems anyone with the last name JACKSON stirs up controversy.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404945 Nov 26, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
need help,been trying to find an answer to a question,did any of the 12 apostles ever teach/preach in a church? no church websites allowed,only history books.i can't find a definitive answer.
Not only did 12 apostles never preach in a church, the leader Jesus never set foot inside a catholic church, and never did he ever rest or worship on a Sunday.

Catholics claim Jesus gave Peter the keys to the church. They had keys back then? Doors hadn't yet been invented. All they had were hanging beads on strings between entrance ways (lol)

Christianity squeezed all the Jew out of Jesus and made him their own.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404946 Nov 26, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael,
I have such wonderful memories of Christmas with my children.
On Christmas eve,I would read the Christmas story from the Bible to them.
We would sing Christmas hymns in the room where the Christmas tree was standing all lit up with white lights.
Candles in the windows also,representing that Jesus is the light of the world.
And a white dove on top of the tree.
I still use that white dove,that represents the Holy Spirit.
Before they went to bed,I would read them The Night Before Christmas.
I alway's made sure they knew the real meaning of Christmas.
I have alway's had a nativity scene,usually I place it under the tree,
because it is Christ that is the gift that God gave to us out of His love for us.
Whether or not there were animals there, makes no difference.
Our focus should be on Christ only.
I am not Catholic Micheal.Christ died for us all.
As long as we are in the flesh,we are going to make mistakes.
We are going to sin.
That's why I believe it's a repentant way.
We need to focus on our Lord, instead of what others say and do.
Though you are still searching,He does love you and wants you to come to him.
I promise you this,if you have faith,believe and accept Him into your heart,you will never regret it.
Please ponder on this.It's so important to your soul.
None of us has a promise of tomorrow.
I want to see you in Heaven.
Full of Love says to Michael.........

I want to see you in Heaven.

Michael says......that is very touching.

I have my bags packed and ready to go! Now just one question, where is heaven and how do we transport there???(lol)

On a serious note our family too like most celebrated the christmas season much like yours accept we had an angel or star at the top of the tree. It is definetly a time and a sign of "lets slow down and reflect how fortunate we are".

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404947 Nov 26, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame brain, twisted, backwoods hillbilly.
The article is referring to man using "GOD" to justify killing each other.
Your dummer than a fried hamburger.
Orville says........to Preston.

Lame brain, twisted, backwoods hillbilly, dummer than a fried hamburger.

Michael says. Never have these words ever been put in this order or used in such a phrase.

ps I love hamburgers......I will eat them fried or grilled.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404948 Nov 26, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So now you believe in GOD? You are like the wind, Michael. You blow every direction. Would you care to tell us what you REALLY believe?
I said "IF" God is above.

I have always stated I do not believe in the trinity. I can't get my mind around 3 distinct persons in one God and each person performing particular functions, and then they all return with two sitting on the side of the one in the middle as they are taught. We picture them as humans but in reality to those that believe they are suppose to be spirits yet we have no idea what a real spirit is suppose to look like. I have also stated I tend more towards being agnostic not an atheist. I do not adhere to any group.

I am an individual who personally determines using my FREE WILL what I believe to be fact or fiction.

Is there a God? I don't know and in reality neither do you. Do we hope there is a God or spirit etc. who is fair and will judge everyone for their good deeds and faults. Certainly.

To me it doesn't matter what any religion teaches. If it doesn't make common sense to me than I abstain from it.

I was raised a catholic and taught ONLY catholicism. Is that the right way to believe in something because your parents want you to become .......just like them? I understand why parents teach their children their belief, mostly because they are ignorant and fearful of what others believe, because the religious leaders of your church teach you that.

.......not meant to offend.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#404949 Nov 26, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What? We don't receive the Holy Spirit when we are baptized? Goodness Truth, you can't dictate how Christ dispenses His Spirit. Millions claim they DID receive the Holy Spirit when baptized.
Nuff said.
Clay,

You are misunderstanding me...

Two different baptism.....

Yes, we do receive the Holy Spirit....

Acts 2:38

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 12 pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••