Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673143 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405105 Nov 26, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
Robert,
I have to disagree with you....baptism is a command....
Do you think that repentance is a command???
As important as baptism is for the forgiveness of your sins making you pure and being buried with Christ, how can you then say it is not a command???
A person with true faith will want to follow the commands of Christ. There are many commands of Christ in the New Testament that we MUST follow and I am NOT talking about the 10 Commandments....
When it comes to the commands of Jesus/God, obedience to those commands are never optional as we MUST do God's will and NOT man's will.
Jesus submitted Himself to baptism, telling John that it was 'fulfilling all righteousness'. He said that, "Whosoever believes in Me, and is baptized shall be saved." I would not make a command of it, and condemn people with it, but simply consider it a matter of "following our Leader". He said, " I have given you an example..."
KayMarie
Sorry KayMarie but baptism is a COMMAND.....with many more COMMANDS from Jesus in the New Testament....

And, I am NOT speaking of the 10 Commandments.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405106 Nov 26, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Truth, years ago when my husband was not saved and still having a few to many, I asked God to help me what was I suppose to do, "God spoke to me in my heart Love him the way he is " When I let go and let god work in my husband with no interfernce from me my husband got saved Go figure LOL.
YEP!!!

Set an example in Christ Jesus, pray and let God work in a person's life....God's will and not man's will....
Michael

Canada

#405107 Nov 26, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But it was believed in the early Iron Age, so it must be true....
along with talking snakes and bushes.
And the stars are for signs. They somehow forgot that one.
And the moon is a mini-sun, and ..........
Why did all the good stuff happen back in the iron ages?

David Copperfield would have fit in very well if he lived back in the bronze age. Sawing people in half and piecing them back together without spilling one drop of blood.

Same with the 3 stooges. Hitting Moe over the head with a hammer, without injury would be miraculous to simpletons back then.

Who was there to verify that Adam lived to be 930 years old. Where could you possibly get that many candles for a cake back in ancient times?

talking snakes and donkeys in the scriptures. Imagine the scripture stories of crazy things that were claimed to have happened that the christian fathers threw out!

its all baloney!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405108 Nov 26, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Mt 28:18-20
God was not happy with them not circumcizing. Baptism is not symbolic it is a command.
Josh 5:2-7
2 At that time the Lord said to Joshua,“Make for yourself flint knives and circumcise again the sons of Israel the second time.” 3 So Joshua made himself flint knives and circumcised the sons of Israel at [a]Gibeath-haaraloth. 4 This is the reason why Joshua circumcised them: all the people who came out of Egypt who were males, all the men of war, died in the wilderness along the way after they came out of Egypt. 5 For all the people who came out were circumcised, but all the people who were born in the wilderness along the way as they came out of Egypt had not been circumcised. 6 For the sons of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, until all the nation, that is, the men of war who came out of Egypt,[b]perished because they did not listen to the voice of the Lord, to whom the Lord had sworn that He would not let them see the land which the Lord had sworn to their fathers to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey. 7 Their children whom He raised up in their place, Joshua [c]circumcised; for they were uncircumcised, because they had not circumcised them along the way.
1 Cor 7:14
14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
You beat me to it Dust Storm....

Matthew 28:18-20

18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

We all need to learn what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405109 Nov 26, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, I agree with you 100%. I didnt want to be baptised , because I felt that I could easily be hurt, But God would NOT let me off the Hook.
It Must be Gods way or the Highway, the choice is ours to take.
we can Obey God and receive His Blessing or reject Him and some day receive the cursing.
Amen!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405110 Nov 26, 2012
who="preston"kay, if that is the case, why did Hank post this reply to your husband?
Truth
Leesburg, VA
Reply »

MOORE OF LESS..

Be a man, GIF, just stay out of it....
fred moore was the young man that was brutally and sexuallly attacked.
the article that I copied left out what was happening to him when dean walked in and protected him from further damage.
Orville and the sda guy tried to say that fred moore was me,and this was only said to stsrt and continue this constant bombardment against me.
you and your husband do this constantly, stir up trouble and then run, and you have been called on it by several and it makes no difference if it was catholics or not. they know what is Right the same as you do, in fact even more.
TELL HIM TO GET OUT FROM UNDER YOUR SKIRT AND BE A MAN AT LEAST ONCE AND SAY THAT WHAT WAS BEING MOCKED BY OTHERS ,THAT HE ALSO SHOULDNT HAVE JOINED IN.
and if he says it, and means it,my respect for him would grow.
and I will stop calling him mr fraud. and putting down your type of worship.
as a pastor, he would have to have deep feeling for those not as blessed as others. I know that I do.as a minister, I would never stand by and allow orville to invoke the Name of God , wanting Him to kill someone,yet your husband has done just that, remained silent, while others have spoke up, Both Protestants and Catholics, and said that it is wrong for him to do that.
this is a good time for all to come together, what the devil wished to do, God can bring something Good out of it.

Preston: Neither of us understand what you are asking. I couldn't determine who was saying what in the portions of posts that you give. Yes, God can bring something good out of this, and Yes, the confusion is certainly from the devil. I believe everyone on Topix would rejoice to see a better attitude from all concerned, and I am certain that God will be pleased.

Whatever caused the misunderstanding about the young man you mention, I don't know. But I DO know that Gif would not mock such a person.

Please explain just what you expect from Gif. We need to display true Christian behavior on here.

(I'm not running...I'm right here.)

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405111 Nov 26, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezek 36:25-27
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved
Amen!
Michael

Canada

#405112 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE..
30,000 innocent children starve to death every day in our world. We have to ask why?
BECAUSE OF SIN AND UNBELIEF.
The Children themselves did not make the decisions themselves..
but suffered the consequences of decision that were made by others sometimes years before a child is born, that left a legacy for the child..
Just as you are establishing a legacy for you grandchildren and rejecting Christ...your innocent descents will suffer from your decision. You are shaping their future now..
Pro_8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
Deu_5:9 ....... I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
~~~
My Grand mother made a decision in the late 1800's (to receive Jesus Christ as Her Lord and savior)
That decision has effected my parents life,and My life and will shape the lives of my descendents in future generations.
The wages of sin is death...
That is utter nonsense talk.

Your belief has taught you to fear being different, to fear being an independent thinker, to give up your self control.

Your solution is always the same. Submit to the will of an external authority and just cross your fingers it will all turn out in the end.

Religion is good marketing if you're the one who controls the faithful, by being a preacher.

I am doing just fine!
Michael

Canada

#405113 Nov 26, 2012
who="Michael"
Please explain this?
GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.
"A day with the Lord is as a thousand years." No man lived a full thousand years. Methuselah came closest at 969 years. Then the allotted time was reduced to 125 years, and finally to 70 years, where it remains.
One can shorten or lengthen their days. Science has found that those who go to church live seven years longer than average.
Reason being (on average) is that some people spend years in church, but others start later...or quit, instead of 'enduring'.
KayMarie
KayMarie says......

"A day with the Lord is as a thousand years." No man lived a full thousand years. Methuselah came closest at 969 years.

Michael said, so what is wrong with living over 1,000 years and spending a day with the Lord as you claim? Few people back in the day could not even count to 10.

KayMarie says.....
Then the allotted time was reduced to 125 years, and finally to 70 years, where it remains and it can be shortened or lengthened.

Michael says......You make this stuff up on the fly. Its sillyness.

What source of information tells you this?

makes no common sense. Its laughable!

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#405114 Nov 26, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
We have three baptisms going on here....
A baptism of repentance(Matthew3:11)by water(by man)
A baptism in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, by water(by man).
A baptism of the Holy Spirit.(Matthew 3:11) by Jesus.
The first repentance is more a turning away from self, and allowing God to determine one's "fate"....And generally we don't do this baptism, though Jesus did. His response was let it be done...,not I command it be done.
Let me put it to you another way..., If a person on a deserted island sits down and never heard the Gospel or read it in the Bible, and he found a Bible, and then was to read it, and believe the Gospel Message, repent, and accept Jesus Christ as his personal savior, would/could this be enough for eternal salvation? I think so, even though he was not baptised in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit....
But because he is not around other Christians, he may not fully understand, and may deviate around the commandments of God, as you say. Yet he tries to lead a Christlike life. But does that then make his vow unacceptable, or simply one of defect? I think not. The Spirit works with what the person is capable of....
In a way, we are all islands unto our own self. We are left amidst a sea of materialism, and secularism. And some cannot easily find those called Christians. But continue to look and strive. This is when the Holy Spirit has come and leads.
Robert,

John the Baptist - a baptism of repentance (does not save anyone)

Baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire (power)-(NO WATER) baptism for the apostles and the House of Cornelius - apostles where witnesses of Jesus

Baptism of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit - Acts 2:38 - for the forgiveness of sin and receive the "gift" of the Holy Spirit aka the "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit.....saves us....
Truth

Athens, OH

#405115 Nov 26, 2012
who="preston"kay, if that is the case, why did Hank post this reply to your husband?
Truth
Leesburg, VA
Reply »
MOORE OF LESS..
Be a man, GIF, just stay out of it....
fred moore was the young man that was brutally and sexuallly attacked.
the article that I copied left out what was happening to him when dean walked in and protected him from further damage.
Orville and the sda guy tried to say that fred moore was me,and this was only said to stsrt and continue this constant bombardment against me.
you and your husband do this constantly, stir up trouble and then run, and you have been called on it by several and it makes no difference if it was catholics or not. they know what is Right the same as you do, in fact even more.
TELL HIM TO GET OUT FROM UNDER YOUR SKIRT AND BE A MAN AT LEAST ONCE AND SAY THAT WHAT WAS BEING MOCKED BY OTHERS ,THAT HE ALSO SHOULDNT HAVE JOINED IN.
and if he says it, and means it,my respect for him would grow.
and I will stop calling him mr fraud. and putting down your type of worship.
as a pastor, he would have to have deep feeling for those not as blessed as others. I know that I do.as a minister, I would never stand by and allow orville to invoke the Name of God , wanting Him to kill someone,yet your husband has done just that, remained silent, while others have spoke up, Both Protestants and Catholics, and said that it is wrong for him to do that.
this is a good time for all to come together, what the devil wished to do, God can bring something Good out of it.
Preston: Neither of us understand what you are asking. I couldn't determine who was saying what in the portions of posts that you give. Yes, God can bring something good out of this, and Yes, the confusion is certainly from the devil. I believe everyone on Topix would rejoice to see a better attitude from all concerned, and I am certain that God will be pleased.
Whatever caused the misunderstanding about the young man you mention, I don't know. But I DO know that Gif would not mock such a person.
Please explain just what you expect from Gif. We need to display true Christian behavior on here.
(I'm not running...I'm right here.)
KayMarie
john chapter nine verse 21
preston

Athens, OH

#405116 Nov 26, 2012
sorry about that hank, I had copied something and then didnt use it and your name stayed there.

I punished my computer by whipping it with some noodles that I bought at the restaurant today

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#405117 Nov 26, 2012
Can you imagine, a supreme being, the creator of all, requiring you, the created, to do anything for it?

Can you imagine this supreme being requiring you to preform rituals to please it?

How f'ing stupid are you?

What do you require of your child?
Live Action

Fort Cobb, OK

#405118 Nov 26, 2012
One day we will all know the truth. this is what we are all searching for.

And please remember you can not take every word of the scripture as the truth especially the new testament.Let us not forget the lying pen of the scribes let us not forget the roman catholic church they have changed the scriptures .A great point is line upon line precept upon precept.

If you name id let's say George And I call you ted are you going to answer me probably not.

Well it is the same with the creator His Name Is Yahweh.He is Not A god.Man made him into a god by changing his name. And he even say's so you will cause them to forget my name.And the world has.

He warns you about the worship of gods he don't even want to be in the same category as god and or gods.

I myself was brainwashed fro a child grew up in a baptist church but then grew up and did my own research And found what I am trying to tell you.

The words lord god Baal were Added to his name because of the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so YES MAN MADE HIM A god. Let us not for get revelation 12/9 the whole world is deceived And what better trick for Satan to play on mankind.And here is another possibility that by worshiping a man made god you could be worshiping Satan. Do not under estimate the Power Of Satan.

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come

I pray Dear Heavenly father Yahweh I am john and I ask permission to come to you through you great and wonderful son Yahshua Messiah to please give these people understanding when it comes to your name and your laws Praise Yahweh.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405119 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>

We all need to learn what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament.....
....and forget about anything else he might have said, huh?
preston

Athens, OH

#405120 Nov 26, 2012
Live Action wrote:
One day we will all know the truth. this is what we are all searching for.
And please remember you can not take every word of the scripture as the truth especially the new testament.Let us not forget the lying pen of the scribes let us not forget the roman catholic church they have changed the scriptures .A great point is line upon line precept upon precept.
If you name id let's say George And I call you ted are you going to answer me probably not.
Well it is the same with the creator His Name Is Yahweh.He is Not A god.Man made him into a god by changing his name. And he even say's so you will cause them to forget my name.And the world has.
He warns you about the worship of gods he don't even want to be in the same category as god and or gods.
I myself was brainwashed fro a child grew up in a baptist church but then grew up and did my own research And found what I am trying to tell you.
The words lord god Baal were Added to his name because of the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so YES MAN MADE HIM A god. Let us not for get revelation 12/9 the whole world is deceived And what better trick for Satan to play on mankind.And here is another possibility that by worshiping a man made god you could be worshiping Satan. Do not under estimate the Power Of Satan.
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come
I pray Dear Heavenly father Yahweh I am john and I ask permission to come to you through you great and wonderful son Yahshua Messiah to please give these people understanding when it comes to your name and your laws Praise Yahweh.
has anyone ever told you , yadahim, that you are a looney bird. if not. let me be the first.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#405121 Nov 26, 2012
Operation Northwoods wrote:
DUST STORM,
Thank you for bringing out the truth on how many Jews were saved by His Holiness, and the Catholic Church in Germany, during the reign of the Nazis.
I am pissed off at today's Jews for their constant attacks on the Catholic Church, and for trying to defame what the Church did to save them.
I do not remember the details, but I believe that it was Golda Mier was among several early Israeli leaders to praised His Holiness, and even may have made some commendation to the Church's efforts to save Jews.
again, thank you.
Golda yes she was the prime Minister of Israel. However I would refrain from inferring ALL Jews today. There is so much misinformation out there it is easy to get caught in it without exploring and credible sources. There is a whole lot more that the church did to protect them and Many lost their lives for it. The Apostles werent martyred because they were telling people what they wanted to hear.

Interesting read here on relations with the Jews through the years and how things were done. People tend to forget that people are people and do not forget things easily.

Enjoy

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/history...
truth

Perth, Australia

#405123 Nov 26, 2012
I am in wrong life as well on wrong place.
Who is others who live my life?
Asked yourself.
As well who is my soul lover ''who''?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405124 Nov 26, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
Pad
There are were and always will be troublemakers and Jesus reaffirmed this. The letters are letters of correction. Your problem is with authority. You have none but that which you choose to believe while hypocritically condmening others who dont agree with you.
Nesotorious was a heretic and so are you. Joshua weeded out and killed those who claimed to be Jewish but worked to turn others against from the inside. The Apostles put them out.
Many so called Catholics do need to be put out decisively. Goebels did use Luthers writings to incite and they did launch the day of Broken Glass to round up Jews on Luthers birthday for a reason.
Yes there were Protestants who did what was right and both Catholics and Protestants did what was wrong. But to say the Church did not stand against it is rubbish! 3 Million Catholics put to death and you loving Protestants still seek to smear whenever you can. The Apostles sought to Control and said to hold fast and to remember whom you have learned it. Obey those who are over you. You dont listen to the Gospel, you pervert it.
Christ did not sanction the unlearned and unstable to wrest the scripture unto their destruction. The Apostles showed the way of dispute in the council of Jerusalem. You however would rather be Dathan or Jeroboam or Grumble that you are as good as Moses. Sorry but God didnt put each individual Protestant in charge. I wonder how long it will be before some Protestant comes along and throws out even more books since Luther was unsuccessful in eliminating all he wanted. You are too Catholic they will say in a 100 years while the gospels reiinvent themselves as you have done.
Now I have to get back to work, but sola scripture and self appointed authority is unbiblical.
If you believe that Pad perverts the Gospel.(which is ignorant). Tell us what the TRUE GOSPEL IS. Or quit showing your ignorance of the subject.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405125 Nov 26, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
That is utter nonsense talk.
Your belief has taught you to fear being different, to fear being an independent thinker, to give up your self control.
Your solution is always the same. Submit to the will of an external authority and just cross your fingers it will all turn out in the end.
Religion is good marketing if you're the one who controls the faithful, by being a preacher.
I am doing just fine!
No matter what I say to you ...You will resist until the father draws you..

JESUS SAID..

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

If you never experience the conviction of the Holy Spirit you will never

be saved...God will not violate the will of any man..

Your choice...

He will send some one at times,..as I told you about my grand son..

in my former post today....

but he had to make his own choice....and so will you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 10,463
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... Mar 22 sharona 406
News Pope Francis to visit Egypt on April 28-29: Vat... Mar 18 For an ISLAM-FREE... 1
News Pope Francis 'urges parents to have fewer child... Mar 18 Newt G s Next Rel... 24
News Benedict's Resignation: Blame Obama Mar 14 Texxy 1
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Mar 13 Wall specialist 49
News The Real 'Muslim Ban' Is Happening in Muslim Co... Mar 6 synchronized 1
More from around the web