Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,584
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Orville

Portland, OR

#404843 Nov 25, 2012
preston wrote:
read this article, with a little bit of understanding.
it is a humorous yet still a serious article.
God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule
September 26, 2001 | ISSUE 37•34 | More News
God.
"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord, His divine face betraying visible emotion during a press conference near the site of the fallen Twin Towers. "Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."
Worshipped by Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike, God said His name has been invoked countless times over the centuries as a reason to kill in what He called "an unending cycle of violence."
"{{I don't care how holy(SEE THIS MR FALSE PROPHET AND HIS SISTER MARGE) somebody claims to be," God said. "If a person tells you it's My will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it? I don't care what religion you are, or who you think your enemy is, here it is one more time: No killing, in My name or anyone else's, ever again."
http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-angrily-...
it is satire, so if you are to ignorant to know what satire is, DONT READ IT, IT WILL JUST GO OVER YOUR HEAD

Lame brain, twisted, backwoods hillbilly.

The article is referring to man using "GOD" to justify killing each other.

Your dummer than a fried hamburger.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404844 Nov 25, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiley-Preston steals again."Prayer" stolen from:
http://www.spirithome.com/prayersp.html
I still petition Holy God to remove you from this earth. Still. Sometimes daily. You refer to this as "Kill" - "death". To you it probably is . You will not partake in the second death. And you know this.
Then you try to bring Marge into your sinister and dark agenda by once again hurdling very personal insults at her. Again.
I do not and will not ever see you as a anything but what you are. A Roman troll. They are not my brother.
any one can use google or bing to find almost anything, so if I dont put the link no problem. I DONT CARE.

and I didnt bring marge into your sinsiter lifestyle, she brought her own ignorant self in, by calling you a brother.

and what I have said about her is very evident, she is the person taht said that Jesus neve lost anyone and John later said that "saying" was fulfilled in the garden,

know what you are talking about there, false prophet.LOL.

"daily" huh.lol.
dont you know anything about God?

he doesnt heal one day and answer a prayer from (?), I aint got words to describe you,the next day.

one thing is certain, you are short a couple of nuts and bolts to complete your head.

God’s personal message to Jeremiah,“Attack you they will, overcome you they can’t,”[9] was fulfilled many times in the Biblical narrative, Jeremiah was attacked by his own brothers,[10] beaten and put into the stocks by a priest and false prophet,[11] imprisoned by the king,[12] threatened with death,[13] thrown into a cistern by Judah’s officials,[14] and opposed by a false prophet

to save you time.lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah
Orville

Portland, OR

#404845 Nov 25, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>any person that has read your posts for any length of time has recognized that you arent very much of a student.
remember when you tried to use the garden episode to try and prove your understanding of OSAS.and you didnt read the "rest of the story" when John fully explained that it had been fully discharged that night.
if you cant get that right, how would you understand what ROB is saying.
the answer is obvious, you dont have the intelligence.
continue to listen to mr and mrs fraud, after 125 years, they dont know what they are talking about either.

Wiley-Preston,

You better hope upon your knees I am not a prophet.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#404846 Nov 25, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Robert, where did you come up with the knowledge that Paul was a"pretty old guy" when he got Saved?
since right before this event, he was a "student" of Gamiliel, and I just dont think that Gamilel would have taken old men as students.
so could you give me the link where you found out that info about Paul, I would like to read it for myself.
Paul died when he was only 62, that is younger than you and I.lol.
it is believed that Paul was around 14 when he was sent to study the law under gamaliel
preston

You are probably correct.

I miswrote what I was thinking....I was responding to a reference in Paul's writing to the Galatians..., which he wrote as a "pretty old guy".

Of course that is relative, in today's world he would be considered middle aged.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#404847 Nov 25, 2012
Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just
pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more
than 3% of
GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible
for re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)
took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple!
The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail,
cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year
or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to
a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask
each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will
have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed
around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2012

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void
effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen/women.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#404848 Nov 25, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
You are probably correct.
I miswrote what I was thinking....I was responding to a reference in Paul's writing to the Galatians..., which he wrote as a "pretty old guy".
Of course that is relative, in today's world he would be considered middle aged.
Robert, you are always so kind to everyone :)
preston

Waverly, OH

#404849 Nov 25, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Coyote-Preston. Wrong. Again.
Marge has more credibility here than anyone.
It is you, Coyote-Preston who has absolutely no validity here, no honor, no truth, nothing but a mis-guided, closet homo, vile, evil, Roman Troll.
here is what dust Storm says about your sister in satan marge.

Dust Storm
Saint Paul, MN
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
5 hrs ago Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert
Or it could be that some Christians don't want to associate themselves with any kind of sin whether murder, child molestation, or a pastor stepping out on their wife, they would rather do church at home or with family and friends.
Do not even eat with them, etc.
And of course myself and others plainly believe most catholics have a different gospel, enough alone to not associate.

But of course the stay at home sinless families that dont associate with anyone who each proclaim their individual gospels but all agree on everything pope Marge declares in Neverland! lol

the pope in neverland.lol

I wonder is there a place of the false prophet orville?

there should be since many of the inhabitants never want to grow up.lol

never mind Orville, you can be captain hooks religious cleric and advisor
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#404850 Nov 25, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Several Herods during this time period i would think it was his son Herod Archelaus ethnarch of Judea, Samaria, and Idumea (biblical Edom) from 4 BCE to 6 CE thay is being referred to.
The Romans made Herod's son Herod Archelaus ethnarch of Judea, Samaria, and Idumea (biblical Edom) from 4 BCE to 6 CE, referred to as the tetrarchy of Judea. Archelaus was judged incompetent by the Roman emperor Augustus who then combined Samaria, Judea proper and Idumea into Iudaea province[8] under rule of a prefect until 41. Herod's other son Herod Antipas was tetrarch of Galilee from 4 BCE – 39 CE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_the_Great
Herod Archelaus (23 BC – c. 18 AD) was the ethnarch of Samaria, Judea, and Idumea (biblical Edom) from 4 BC to 6 AD. He was the son of Herod the Great and Malthace the Samaritan, the brother of Herod Antipas, and the half-brother of Herod Philip I.

Archelaus received the Tetrarchy of Judea by the last will of his father, though a previous will had bequeathed it to his brother Antipas. He was proclaimed king by the army, but declined to assume the title until he had submitted his claims to Caesar Augustus in Rome. Before setting out, he quelled with the utmost cruelty a sedition of the Pharisees, slaying nearly three thousand of them. In Rome he was opposed by Antipas and by many of the Jews, who feared his cruelty; but in 4 BC Augustus allotted to him the greater part of the kingdom (Samaria, Judea, and Idumea) with the title of ethnarch (not king) until 6 AD when Judaea province was formed, under direct Roman rule, at the time of the Census of Quirinius.

In the Bible, Archelaus is mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew. According to Matthew 2:13-23, Joseph, Mary and Jesus fled to Egypt to avoid the Massacre of the Innocents. When Herod the Great died, Joseph was told by an angel in a dream to return to Israel (presumably to Bethlehem). However, upon hearing that Archelaus had succeeded his father as ruler of Judaea he "was afraid to go thither" (Matthew 2:22), and was again notified in a dream to go to Galilee. This is Matthew's explanation of why Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea but grew up in Nazareth.

The beginning and conclusion of Christ's Parable of the minas in the Gospel of Luke may refer to Archelaus's journey to Rome. Some interpreters conclude from this that Jesus' parables and preaching made use of events familiar to the people as examples for bringing his spiritual lessons to life. Others read the allusion as arising from later adaptation of Jesus' parable in the oral tradition, before the parables were recorded in the gospels.

"A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return…But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying,'We do not want this man to reign over us.'…'But as for these enemies of mine,'[said the nobleman]'who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.'" (Luke 19:12, 19:14, 19:27)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_Archelaus
preston

Waverly, OH

#404851 Nov 25, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiley-Preston,
You better hope upon your knees I am not a prophet.
and You better hope that I am not what God called me on Easter Sunday night in 1984.lol

but I have no problem into believing that you are a prophet albeit one who has joined himself to satan
preston

Waverly, OH

#404852 Nov 25, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, you are always so kind to everyone :)
we got some weirdos out tonight for someone to judge your post to robert as they did.

it seems that when the devil begins to work on one person, the rest of his crowd joins in and spoils it for everyone.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#404853 Nov 25, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying.
The pope has declared there were no animals at the birth of Jesus. So if you have a nativity scene get rid of all those little toy cows, donkeys, goats and sheep. They aren't suppose to be there.(lol)
Michael,

I have such wonderful memories of Christmas with my children.

On Christmas eve,I would read the Christmas story from the Bible to them.

We would sing Christmas hymns in the room where the Christmas tree was standing all lit up with white lights.
Candles in the windows also,representing that Jesus is the light of the world.

And a white dove on top of the tree.
I still use that white dove,that represents the Holy Spirit.

Before they went to bed,I would read them The Night Before Christmas.

I alway's made sure they knew the real meaning of Christmas.

I have alway's had a nativity scene,usually I place it under the tree,
because it is Christ that is the gift that God gave to us out of His love for us.

Whether or not there were animals there, makes no difference.

Our focus should be on Christ only.

I am not Catholic Micheal.Christ died for us all.

As long as we are in the flesh,we are going to make mistakes.
We are going to sin.

That's why I believe it's a repentant way.

We need to focus on our Lord, instead of what others say and do.

Though you are still searching,He does love you and wants you to come to him.

I promise you this,if you have faith,believe and accept Him into your heart,you will never regret it.

Please ponder on this.It's so important to your soul.

None of us has a promise of tomorrow.

I want to see you in Heaven.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#404854 Nov 25, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You think twice about your life and whats really important when you see your husband zipped up like a cocoon in a sliver thermal blanket, with his life hanging by a thread,and he is being rushed to a waiting heliccpter to be life flighted to another hospital 1 and a half hours away.I had to drive that in the car myself crying the whole time hoping I would make it there before something happened to hermi...we take nothing for granted now...life is to short
How horrible for you Sere, do the doctor's know yet what happened to him??
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#404855 Nov 25, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
DustStorm says.....Yeah Mikey I know you are an anarchist. You dont follow any rules. You should let the police know and stop paying taxes or do you live in fear? lol
Michael says....I have always stated, I follow the laws of the land, I have never done illegal drugs, never abused alcohol such as one of the catholic posters keeps reminding us of his problem, I pay all my taxes, credit cards, never been in jail, I help my neighbors or anyone who needs help.........but according to you I haven't done enough.
If you were a true Christian like Dust, you would follow Jesus' advice and become a eunuch.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404856 Nov 25, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Water baptism & circumcision are not seals as I understand Scripture. These are mans public declarations. A distinction is made however in the following Scriptures;
However, a Holy seal, is given from Holy God and only by Holy God can they be given.
as a PROPHET, YOU DONT SEEM TO GRASP A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCRIPTURES.

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

WHY DONT YOU QUIT TRYING TO POSE AS A PROPHET?

YOU ARE MAKING CHRISTIANS LOOK BAD.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#404857 Nov 25, 2012
“.... and there are eunuchs who are eunuchs for the
kingdom of heavens sake. Let those who can accept it, accept it.” Matthew 19:12.

GREAT NEWS! With modern medical science -- zip, zap -- in and out in a day, so there is no excuse for today's Christian male NOT to "accept it."

Jesus has spoken.

Do you love Jesus?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#404858 Nov 25, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>as a PROPHET, YOU DONT SEEM TO GRASP A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCRIPTURES.
And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
Do you truly love Jesus?

Then stop posing and take Jesus' advice in Matthew 19:12.
Orville

Portland, OR

#404859 Nov 25, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>as a PROPHET, YOU DONT SEEM TO GRASP A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCRIPTURES.

Whatever. So Preston you were in the military. Vietnam you state. What day and year,did you enlist? What was your job that caused you to be shot as you claim? These are easy and certainly remembered events.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#404860 Nov 25, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you truly love Jesus?
Then stop posing and take Jesus' advice in Matthew 19:12.
One can only hope his children took after their mother and have a lot of patience and take the blame.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#404861 Nov 25, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Coyote-Preston. Wrong. Again.
Marge has more credibility here than anyone.
It is you, Coyote-Preston who has absolutely no validity here, no honor, no truth, nothing but a mis-guided, closet homo, vile, evil, Roman Troll.
closet homo???

Not nice.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404862 Nov 25, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello 4GVN.....I guess we should all lighten up a little. Some get a little too serious on here.
If God is above and he is watching, I am sure he is wondering what the hay are we arguing about so much.
So now you believe in GOD? You are like the wind, Michael. You blow every direction. Would you care to tell us what you REALLY believe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web