Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,801 - 389,820 of 537,105 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

who="Seraphima"Well. if I called you satan I am sorry.I have no intention of argueing with you or anyone else on this forum.My husband and I are so thankful for my husband recovery that we both refuse to waste our time fighting on a computer.So Live action,I truely regret call you satan.Peace to you.

Blessings to you both. So happy for you.

KayMarie
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm ...
While it is true that we as Catholics practice infant baptism, I seriously doubt it it truly ne essary for anyone who has not attained the age of reason.
Rob
Rob
Agree. But what do all of the catholics on here say to this statement??? The silence is deafening.
Actually having just seen it I would like clarification. I think the catechism and Catholic Apologists and theologians are quite clear on this subject. I think the subject was more than covered multiple times on this thread. If Fr Dye is advocating that baptism is not necessary until the age of reason then he would be contrary to the teachings of the church

We are bound by the sacraments but the Lord is not.
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2006/12/thief-...

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/baptism.html

The Church baptizes babies because baptism is the new circumcision of the New Covenant (Col. 2:11-12), just as the circumcision of eight-day old babies was the sign of the Old Covenant (Gen. 17:12; Lev. 12:3). In Acts 2:39, Peter says baptism is for children as well as adults. The word used for children ("teknon") means infants, which is proved by Acts 21:21 in reference to eight-day old infants. We see in Acts 10:47-48; 16:15,33 and 1 Cor. 1:16 that entire households were baptized. Household ("oikos") included infants and children. There is nothing in the Bible about a "believer's baptism." It would have been unthinkable from a Jewish perspective to exclude children from God's covenant kingdom. See also in Matt. 9:2, Mark 2:3-5, Matt. 8:5-13, Luke 6:10, Mark 9:22-25 where people are healed based on another person's faith (just as babies are washed away of sin based on their parents' faith).

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/baptism_qa.h...
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
I am quite tired of seeing the same throwing of stones, concerning the time of the Inquisitions....There are so many factors, in a society that is foreign to us, and a time when records were not kept(or "lost", that there is little hope of going over and over it again and again with the same people....Apparently the only one really keeping records was the RCC....
It seems to me more likely that the stone-throwers are judging first before the facts, and prefer to build a case against the RCC in order to destroy it:
(Reminds me of the woman caught in adultery, and Jesus said he who is sinless, let him cast the first stone. But in this case they throw stones....)
But the stone throwers, especially to follow the leaders of their movements, with their own interpretation of Jesus Christ, to promote a sort of cohesion within their ranks.
(I view it more like groups of people grumbling and mumbling in the wilderness wanderings of the Jews in the O.T., against Moses and God.)
The point is one that few Catholics get -- e.g. if the RCC were truly appointed and guided by God in matters of faith and morals -- then there would have been no immoral, faithless Inquisitions in the name of Jesus, period.

The Greatest Power in in Universe did not allow its appointee to carry out such crimes.

History and reality render the One-True claim 100% absurd.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying.
The pope has declared there were no animals at the birth of Jesus. So if you have a nativity scene get rid of all those little toy cows, donkeys, goats and sheep. They aren't suppose to be there.(lol)
Define "Declared" Please post his exact words in context and his reasoning. Please do not post what some article posted. Show us the page number. Also show us where the Pope said everyone should get rid of nativity scenes. Could it be he offered a scholarly and balanced view? Could it be that based on his research it his opinion? Did he say it was a fact that must be believed? You would think most Protestants would be happy with no images of any kind.

The reality is Mikey is yet again you are inserting inflammatory nonsense. Do you know his sources for his research? Do you have access to all the writings in the Vatican Archives? No, Mikey you just want to throw out a Canard card to stir up more nonsense.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
And the pope knows this...how? LOL - funny post, Michael :)
A monk devised the calendar back in the 6th century. Somehow he made some miscalculations.

READ BELOW.....IMPORTANT.

Its been known for centuries that there was conflict in the gospel of Matthew and Luke as ot the birth of Jesus.

Matthew claims that the birth of Jesus occurred during the reign of Herod the Great of Judea, whom we know died in 4 B.C.

Luke also tells us that Jesus' birth happened during Herod's reign. Luke even adds what appears to be detailed and historical evidence of the period. He writes that Jesus was born during a census or registration of the populace ordered by emperor Augustus at the time that Quirinius (Cyrenius) was Roman governor of Syria (Luke 2:1-3). In reality, this has to be a fabrication because Quirinius was not governor of Syria and Judea during Herod's kingship. Direct Roman rule over the province of Judea, where Bethlehem was located, was not established until 6 A.D. In other words, ten years separated the rule of Quirinius from Herod.

If the census did take place, it was in the year 6 CE, long after Herod's death. Therefore, Matthew's stories of the Wise Men's visit to Herod and the Christchild, and Herod's massacre of the innocents which caused the holy family to flee to Egypt, are all historically impossible. Moreover, it should be noted that Luke also got his facts wrong about the census of Augustus. Such an imperial census would only apply to Roman citizens of the empire, not to Joseph, a Galilean who was not under direct Roman rule.

...something is terribly wrong!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
3In reply Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked.“Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”
5Jesus answered,“I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
WATER and the SPIRIT = one birth (spiritual)

John 4:13-14

13 Jesus answered,“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,

14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become <<<IN>>> them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert
Or it could be that some Christians don't want to associate themselves with any kind of sin whether murder, child molestation, or a pastor stepping out on their wife, they would rather do church at home or with family and friends.
Do not even eat with them, etc.
And of course myself and others plainly believe most catholics have a different gospel, enough alone to not associate.
But of course the stay at home sinless families that dont associate with anyone who each proclaim their individual gospels but all agree on everything pope Marge declares in Neverland! lol

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert
Or it could be that some Christians don't want to associate themselves with any kind of sin whether murder, child molestation, or a pastor stepping out on their wife, they would rather do church at home or with family and friends.
Do not even eat with them, etc.
And of course myself and others plainly believe most catholics have a different gospel, enough alone to not associate.
You think twice about your life and whats really important when you see your husband zipped up like a cocoon in a sliver thermal blanket, with his life hanging by a thread,and he is being rushed to a waiting heliccpter to be life flighted to another hospital 1 and a half hours away.I had to drive that in the car myself crying the whole time hoping I would make it there before something happened to hermi...we take nothing for granted now...life is to short
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "Declared" Please post his exact words in context and his reasoning. Please do not post what some article posted. Show us the page number. Also show us where the Pope said everyone should get rid of nativity scenes. Could it be he offered a scholarly and balanced view? Could it be that based on his research it his opinion? Did he say it was a fact that must be believed? You would think most Protestants would be happy with no images of any kind.
The reality is Mikey is yet again you are inserting inflammatory nonsense. Do you know his sources for his research? Do you have access to all the writings in the Vatican Archives? No, Mikey you just want to throw out a Canard card to stir up more nonsense.
Dust STorm......says.... Also show us where the Pope said everyone should get rid of nativity scenes.

Michael says.....I never posted to get rid of nativity scenes. I posted that the Pope has stated that with his research that NOTHING is mentioned in the scriptures of animals being present or angels singing at the birth of Jesus. Therefore the pope stated in his new book that they were just traditions added over the centuries as many traditions were added overtime.

If there were no animals present or angels singing then why place them in the nativity scene? Thats what I said.

....Pope in his new book - he also said that, contrary to the traditional Nativity scene, there were no oxen, donkeys or other animals at Jesus's birth.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Jesus+born+y...
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Eastern catholic orthodox clergy can marry. A protestant clergy with a wife who quits his church and becomes a catholic priest can have a wife and 7 kids if he wants to.
39 popes throughout history were married.
http://www.blurtit.com/q146414.html
Too bad for the regular roman catholic clergy. No wife no sex for you!
Too bad too for the nuns.
The roman catholic church is all about CONTROL. The old codgers in the vatican would NEVER allow a woman to be equal to them.
CONTROL.....
Not quite.

Eastern Orthodox priests cannot marry after they are ordained. Bishops cannot be married at all.

Since celibacy is a discipline in the Latin rite, it can be changed or exceptions can be made. It's not doctrine or dogma, and all those who enter the priesthood and consecrated religious life are well aware of it and choose freely to follow their vocation to God.

SELFLESSNESS...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says.........its obvious no one knows the year this Jesus was born, not even the pope. No one knows his important joyful birthday, no one has a clue what he looked like, no one knows what he did for a living to support himself, and the most important events to christians the death and resurrection and christians haven't got a clue of those most important dates.....

.....and you say you know Jesus?

something is terribly wrong!

Pope says.....

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/22/world/europe/va...

http://www.inquisitr.com/410371/pope-benedict...
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust STorm......says.... Also show us where the Pope said everyone should get rid of nativity scenes.
Michael says.....I never posted to get rid of nativity scenes. I posted that the Pope has stated that with his research that NOTHING is mentioned in the scriptures of animals being present or angels singing at the birth of Jesus. Therefore the pope stated in his new book that they were just traditions added over the centuries as many traditions were added overtime.
If there were no animals present or angels singing then why place them in the nativity scene? Thats what I said.
....Pope in his new book - he also said that, contrary to the traditional Nativity scene, there were no oxen, donkeys or other animals at Jesus's birth.
Thank you for that enlightening link.

It is ashamed that some social Catholics are horrified by facts. They much prefer their small, delusional world.

They are in my prayers. Keep up the good work.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
More conflicting bible stories.......

.......... The hometown of Jesus' parents, neither gospel can agree where it was. Matthew says they live in Bethlehem in Judea, while Luke says they lived in Nazareth in Galilee.

I thought these gospels were the inspired "accurate" words of God?

.....something is wrong!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
.......There are differences in the nativity story which serve to lessen its credibility. As an example, in an attempt to parallel the importance of Jesus' birth with that of Moses, Matthew describes the massacre of the children of Bethlehem by king Herod as he attempts to kill the infant messiah.

This extraordinary event is not attested to by any SECULAR SOURCE from that period, nor even referred to by Luke. Indeed, Luke has the family return peacefully, to Nazareth after Jesus' birth in Bethlehem (Luke 2:22,39).

If the massacre did take place, it does not make sense that Herod's son later on does not recall the event by his father about Jesus nor his importance (Matt. 14:1-2). Moreover, if Herod and all the people of Jerusalem knew of the messiah's birth (Matt. 2:3), why is it that later in Jesus' life, the "same" author claims that people had not heard of his miraculous origin and still questioned his miracles and his teachings (Matt. 13:54-56)?

.....conflicting information or what!

....something is wrong DustStorm...
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Texas students to be tagged with RFID_GPS tracking in pilot program:

http://www.whas11.com/news/154207765.html

Google:

School District in Texas students to wear RIFD tracking tags
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that enlightening link.
It is ashamed that some social Catholics are horrified by facts. They much prefer their small, delusional world.
They are in my prayers. Keep up the good work.
I PREDICT!! next that the Pope will claim Mary and Joseph actually trecked farther south east and ended up at STONEHENGE and that was the actual birth place of baby Jesus. Designed in a circle with a tall wall all the way around to keep King Herod away from infant Jesus, and a safe place to corral the camels that the Magi road in on.

This will push the date of Jesus birth back even further than the Pope thought.........now 2,000 BCE.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite.
Eastern Orthodox priests cannot marry after they are ordained. Bishops cannot be married at all.
Since celibacy is a discipline in the Latin rite, it can be changed or exceptions can be made. It's not doctrine or dogma, and all those who enter the priesthood and consecrated religious life are well aware of it and choose freely to follow their vocation to God.
SELFLESSNESS...
History of catholic celebacy....and married catholic priests.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/07/us/married-...

http://www.futurechurch.org/fpm/history.htm

Dust Storm says that Jesus said his priests were not to be married.

If protestant ministers with a wife and family can quit their post and become a catholic priest they are allowed to have a wife and kids.

Also catholic clergy were allowed to marry up until the 12th century.

There were 39 popes who had been married.

Where is the consistency? Where is the beef?

Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You asserted it with implications and again I asked you to post his exact words in context and the sources not an article.

Regardless there is nothing in this article that is remotely disturbing about what the Pope wrote is there? I dont recall any Christmas trees being in the Nativity scene.

The article says:

The assertion that the Christian calendar is based on a false premise is not new - many historians believe Christ was born sometime between 7 BC and 2 BC.

Yeah his exact birth date is almost as mysterious as where and when Obama was born. lol

The article then states:

But the fact that doubts over one of the keystones of Christian tradition have been raised by the leader of the world's one billion Roman Catholics is striking.

Striking to whom? The exact date of his birth and what has been discussed over the centuries is not a secret. You are just throwing out fodder. Heck I can all kinds of people who dont have birth certificates. I also know that dates of people being born vary in the church and state provided they have any documentation. The emphasis on knowing the precise date doesnt reflect the culture. Do you know where Moses and Marys bones are? Does it prove they never existed? NO

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You think twice about your life and whats really important when you see your husband zipped up like a cocoon in a sliver thermal blanket, with his life hanging by a thread,and he is being rushed to a waiting heliccpter to be life flighted to another hospital 1 and a half hours away.I had to drive that in the car myself crying the whole time hoping I would make it there before something happened to hermi...we take nothing for granted now...life is to short
~~~

Our love and prayers are for you and Hermi...

God is our ever present help in the time of need.

We will continue praying for his complete recovery

and that He will be able to return to his normal

routine of things, and suffer no lasting effects from the ordeal

that he has gone through..

God is Faithful
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite.
SELFLESSNESS...
As you know there is a large group of women (illigal) who have been ordained catholic priests and their numbers are growing.

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/

Below read about the thousands of catholic priests/bishops right around the world calling for optional celebacy.

http://www.futurechurch.org/fpm/optcel/callsf...

......Does this sound like a church with its xxxx together?

something is wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••