Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,781 - 389,800 of 538,995 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#404726 Nov 25, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Karen I showed a picture of the cave where He laid in. it was either a natural cave or dug out of the hillside.when the muslims took over they almost destroyed it, however wiser people took over and saved it by placing blocks at the entrance so they couldnt ride their horses in it and destroy it.
The antiquity of the association of the site with the birth of Jesus is attested by the Christian apologist Justin Martyr (c. 100 – 165 AD, who noted in his Dialogue with Trypho that the Holy Family had taken refuge in a cave outside of town:
Joseph took up his quarters in a certain cave near the village; and while they were there Mary brought forth the Christ and placed Him in a manger, and here the Magi who came from Arabia found Him.(chapter LXXVIII).
Origen of Alexandria (185 AD - circa. 254 AD) wrote:
In Bethlehem the cave is pointed out where He was born, and the manger in the cave where He was wrapped in swaddling clothes. And the rumor is in those places, and among foreigners of the Faith, that indeed Jesus was born in this cave who is worshipped and reverenced by the Christians.(Contra Celsum, book I, chapter LI).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Na...
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Thank you for the info.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404727 Nov 25, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm ...
While it is true that we as Catholics practice infant baptism, I seriously doubt it it truly ne essary for anyone who has not attained the age of reason.
Rob
Rob
Agree. But what do all of the catholics on here say to this statement??? The silence is deafening.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404728 Nov 25, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm ...
Which strikes me as absurd. I'll grant, I don't know of any god to compare God to, but it seems to me that, if God is truly Good, He would not condemn unbaptised infants.
Jesus DID say it was necessary, but He also seems to make exceptions, such as the Good Thief.
Rob
Rob
Rob, have you truely considered the possibility that Jesus 'does not make exceptions' but perhaps there is a flaw in the understanding of what the 'GOSPEL' truely is and what part if any, baptism has in ones salvation. And perhaps there is a misunderstanding of what 'born of water' truely means. Is it possible that it is not in referance to water baptism at all?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#404729 Nov 25, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
D.S. Its not surprising that I didn't understand your sarcasim.
when it comes to murder , torture and rape, using sarcasim for catholic's is childs play.
Now I am being sarcastic D.S. I didn't write the History books, what I posted was facts, and it wasn't just aimed at the catholic's . if you bothered to read it, but hey you don't read the Bible now do you so why would you read a history book.
You call me demented D.S. are you serious you following the teachings of a denomination that okayed and covered up the torture murder and rape, for eon's that is still going on to this day.
Either the POPES ordered the torture and murders, or he knew about them and covered them up a.\ In any case he is guilty of crimes agaist humanity. The vatican should be dismantled brick by brick,
the name catholic church should be erased from everything associated with God because it is an abomination to HIS HOLY NAME.
It is the Church of Lucifer.
It is the reason so many people have turned away from God; and have painted all Followers of Jesus and associated us with the catholic church.
I am not catholic or protestant not Islamic.
I am a follower of Jesus Christ I follow 'THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE..
LTM

#404730 Nov 25, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the info.
I have seen pictures like this before, FOL. I am not sure but I think our Pastor's daughter brought them to our church once along with some of scriptures from the lost sea scrolls.
Or to a prayer meeting can't remember now it was long ago. Its understandable, the manger would be hollowed out of the wall of a cliff as was Jesus's tomb. Its nice to see places where Our Savior walked and talked and lived among people.
How are you doing FOL are you feeling ok??
preston

Waverly, OH

#404731 Nov 25, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Of course they are infantile. I must converse on his level. And regardless of what you say, I am quite sure that yo don't like eing called a drunk. Nor should any christian have done so. Frankly the man makes my skin crawl with his never ending attacks on everyone. And he beats the horse to death. It is sickening and a reproach to the gospel he claims to be a 'preacher' of. Just sayin'.
you could never converse on my level, I can and could use words that you have never heard of, let alone know what they mean.

in a debate, the person who can make their point and that conclusively is the person who can prove his point beyond reproach.

how many names have people like Orville who has called me a "demon" have you reputed to be accurate?

but with people like him you agree with because I have showed that he isnt what he seems to be , just like you.

you arent fooling anyone.ROB PEGGED YOU TO A TEE

WHO WERE YOU WAS BACK WHEN I PROBABLY DESTROYED YOU.LOL
LTM

#404732 Nov 25, 2012
Bible Verse Of The Day

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

The Secret of Spiritual Consistency
November 25, 2012
God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ ...—Galatians 6:14

When a person is newly born again, he seems inconsistent due to his unrelated emotions and the state of the external things or circumstances in his life. The apostle Paul had a strong and steady underlying consistency in his life. Consequently, he could let his external life change without internal distress because he was rooted and grounded in God. Most of us are not consistent spiritually because we are more concerned about being consistent externally. In the external expression of things, Paul lived in the basement, while his critics lived on the upper level. And these two levels do not begin to touch each other. But Paul’s consistency was down deep in the fundamentals. The great basis of his consistency was the agony of God in the redemption of the world, namely, the Cross of Christ.

State your beliefs to yourself again. Get back to the foundation of the Cross of Christ, doing away with any belief not based on it. In secular history the Cross is an infinitesimally small thing, but from the biblical perspective it is of more importance than all the empires of the world. If we get away from dwelling on the tragedy of God on the Cross in our preaching, our preaching produces nothing. It will not transmit the energy of God to man; it may be interesting, but it will have no power. However, when we preach the Cross, the energy of God is released.“... it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.... we preach Christ crucified ...”(1 Corinthians 1:21, 23).
Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
To those who have had no agony Jesus says,“I have nothing for you; stand on your own feet, square your own shoulders. I have come for the man who knows he has a bigger handful than he can cope with, who knows there are forces he cannot touch; I will do everything for him if he will let Me. Only let a man grant he needs it, and I will do it for him.”
The Shadow of an Agony
AMEN

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#404733 Nov 25, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't discuss the Inquistion with you people anymore. Its been talked about for a couple hrs now, and I am confident the Catholics on here presented a fair and logical case. If you choose to ignore it or avoid researching it yourself, then its on you. Not my problem.
Heck, Im used to this stuff going in one ear and out the other with you bigots.
By the way, The Inquisition was established by the Church to PREVENT wrongs committed by catholic mobs in various parts of Europe. It was a fair approach to the chaos of the time.
Clay
Peace

It seems to me, that some have to keep up their view of the Inquisition in order to justify their hatred of Catholicism. It would be a betrayal of the foundations of their church and belief system to objectively look at the facts....Of course they can say the same of the Catholic.

Logic and reason in presenting facts and observations of that time in history are of no effect. The anti-Catholic bigot will not do so, nor change beliefs. And to expect another result would be insane. The bigot will of course only look at prejudiced material, so they will not be aware, nor understand....They act on fear, prejudice, pressumption.

But in a way, getting out the facts and observations may not be fruitless to those whose minds are not informed....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404734 Nov 25, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!! Getting our hopes up like that. LOL kinda
Hello 4GVN.....I guess we should all lighten up a little. Some get a little too serious on here.

If God is above and he is watching, I am sure he is wondering what the hay are we arguing about so much.

Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404735 Nov 25, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
Hey guys! lets all put our differances aside and be friends.Lifes to short(trust me I have learned alot this years)Jesus would have wanted us to Love and respect each other.We are ALL Gods children!Hermi is recovering slowly.We are so thankful and blessed for his recovery.Our goal is for him to be able to attend Christmas mass without oxygen!And Hey,We Love You All!!!!!Thank you soooooo much for all your prayers....Regina,hope your well and good to see you.Been so busy here with Nicks and all his doctors appointments...
This coming from someone who called me satan....Hippocrate

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#404736 Nov 25, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
Hey guys! lets all put our differances aside and be friends.Lifes to short(trust me I have learned alot this years)Jesus would have wanted us to Love and respect each other.We are ALL Gods children!Hermi is recovering slowly.We are so thankful and blessed for his recovery.Our goal is for him to be able to attend Christmas mass without oxygen!And Hey,We Love You All!!!!!Thank you soooooo much for all your prayers....Regina,hope your well and good to see you.Been so busy here with Nicks and all his doctors appointments...
Seraphima good friend

Glad to hear about Hermi....Advent begins in one week....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#404737 Nov 25, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from someone who called me satan....Hippocrate
Well.if I called you satan I am sorry.I have no intention of argueing with you or anyone else on this forum.My husband and I are so thankful for my husband recovery that we both refuse to waste our time fighting on a computer.So Live action,I truely regret call you satan.Peace to you.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404738 Nov 25, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So the RCC is biblical when it allows the priests to marry, and it is biblical when it restricts the priests from marrying. Wellll, I guess that makes as much sense as any of the rest of your posts.(rolling eyes, raising left eyebrow, and wondering what in the world is wrong with you).
Eastern catholic orthodox clergy can marry. A protestant clergy with a wife who quits his church and becomes a catholic priest can have a wife and 7 kids if he wants to.

39 popes throughout history were married.

http://www.blurtit.com/q146414.html

Too bad for the regular roman catholic clergy. No wife no sex for you!

Too bad too for the nuns.

The roman catholic church is all about CONTROL. The old codgers in the vatican would NEVER allow a woman to be equal to them.

CONTROL.....
LTM

#404739 Nov 25, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from someone who called me satan....Hippocrate
Sere is trying to put bad things behind her, she is trying to bring peace to this thread, forgiveness is part of God's gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Sere I am with you. and I am very Glad your husband is ok.
God bless you both.
marge

Ames, IA

#404740 Nov 25, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
It seems to me, that some have to keep up their view of the Inquisition in order to justify their hatred of Catholicism. It would be a betrayal of the foundations of their church and belief system to objectively look at the facts....Of course they can say the same of the Catholic.
Logic and reason in presenting facts and observations of that time in history are of no effect. The anti-Catholic bigot will not do so, nor change beliefs. And to expect another result would be insane. The bigot will of course only look at prejudiced material, so they will not be aware, nor understand....They act on fear, prejudice, pressumption.
But in a way, getting out the facts and observations may not be fruitless to those whose minds are not informed....
Hello Robert

Or it could be that some Christians don't want to associate themselves with any kind of sin whether murder, child molestation, or a pastor stepping out on their wife, they would rather do church at home or with family and friends.

Do not even eat with them, etc.

And of course myself and others plainly believe most catholics have a different gospel, enough alone to not associate.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404741 Nov 25, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be possible that the next Pope may not be Roman Catholic? Interesting thought..
clay says..........Could it be possible that the next Pope may not be Roman Catholic.

Michael says.......OMG! what will you do then!!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#404742 Nov 25, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm ...
Which strikes me as absurd. I'll grant, I don't know of any god to compare God to, but it seems to me that, if God is truly Good, He would not condemn unbaptised infants.
Jesus DID say it was necessary, but He also seems to make exceptions, such as the Good Thief.
Rob
Rob
Rob, have you truely considered the possibility that Jesus 'does not make exceptions' but perhaps there is a flaw in the understanding of what the 'GOSPEL' truely is and what part if any, baptism has in ones salvation. And perhaps there is a misunderstanding of what 'born of water' truely means. Is it possible that it is not in referance to water baptism at all?
3In reply Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked.“Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”

5Jesus answered,“I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404743 Nov 25, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may?
I researched a few years ago on how people lived back in Christ time and what kind of houses they lived in.
The kind of houses they lived in were two stories.
They had the upper room that they lived in.
On the bottom level,they actually kept their best animals there.
Because they were afraid someone would steal them.
Mostly lambs that they used for sacrifice.
So,it is possible that animals could have been in the same room that Jesus was born in.
I tend to think that it was in one of those bottom levels of a home that Jesus was born.
There would have been a manger there.
More than likely,a woman living in the home would be a midwife and was there to help with delivering baby Jesus.
Who knows? It could have been one of Josephs families homes they were staying.
That's just my opinion,going by the research on how people lived back then.
I understand what you are saying.

The pope has declared there were no animals at the birth of Jesus. So if you have a nativity scene get rid of all those little toy cows, donkeys, goats and sheep. They aren't suppose to be there.(lol)

LTM

#404744 Nov 25, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well.if I called you satan I am sorry.I have no intention of argueing with you or anyone else on this forum.My husband and I are so thankful for my husband recovery that we both refuse to waste our time fighting on a computer.So Live action,I truely regret call you satan.Peace to you.
Don't let anyone else put a damper on your joy Sere.
There are those who will try.
I know first hand how it feels to have a very sick husband, mine is recovering also , though his condition was not as serious as Herme. I am very happy about his recovery.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#404745 Nov 25, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying.
The pope has declared there were no animals at the birth of Jesus. So if you have a nativity scene get rid of all those little toy cows, donkeys, goats and sheep. They aren't suppose to be there.(lol)
And the pope knows this...how? LOL - funny post, Michael :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••