Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,761 - 389,780 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are sorry you choose to remain ignorant. The facts are shocking to most Protestants who are utterly clueless of not only where the bible came from (attested to by protestant shclars and proved numerous times on this forum) but any knowledge of history at all other than blown up myths. Unfortunately you have no interest in the truth acknowledged by Protestants and secular historians even in a BBC documentary.
I have no doubt you were beating the war drums along with most of the evangelical and fundy protestants who were screaming for Muslim heads after 911. Its ok though if the Govt goes to war then its not a problem. It would only be evil if the Catholic Church was involved. ;0 Its ok says the polls amongst evangelicals to torture. The same ones who say, "We would not have done that if the Church and State were intertwined like it was in the days of Old. You would have no problem if I started to force your children to be Catholic right? You would have no problem if they were forced to be Muslim or JW or LDS right? LOL I guess that makes you evil by your standards. Most of Nazi Germany was Protestant, but they werent enlightened like you eh? It was all the churches evil fault the church should have remained silent and done nothing while Christians pleaded to them for help from severe opression, rape, murder, torture, opressive taxes. That was the right thing to do? Ignore their pleas?
The Inquisitions did not involve anyone who was Jewish or Muslim. Your ignorance is showing again, just as your ignorance of the Catholic faith has shown quite often. You can grow up in the faith and know little about it as has been demonstrated by many on this forum. You get what you put into it. Your knowledge is severely lacking so please spare us the you know routine. lol
The Bombing of the WTC, was spawned on American soil D.S.
For a reason to go to war, for oil.
Papa and Jr. Bush . have blood on their hands American Blood.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN,
Can we expect a liar to keep his word? Preston is a Roman troll. A vile, decadent, breeding ground of everything evil.
emeber several post back when he told Mariam the following:

Comments (Page 13,390)

Miriam wrote:

<quoted text>
Why do you call me lily?

preston wrote
lol, every troll gets called lily, you aint no exception.

7th Day writes:

Lily the Roman Troll..........LOL
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, there wasn't torture and murder by the Catholic Church. You been lied to and you took it. Heck....you're still taking it
Ah what about all the aborigials in Canada children taken from their parents and put in schools to be tortured and raped and murdered, by the catholic church. some of these children are still alive today so it wasn't that long ago.
What about all the children in Ireland, who have been killed murdered and torture raped, some who are still alive and have come forward.
You see Clay you can not deny what the catholic church has done, because their history is still being written. They haven't stopped the killings and torments and rape of the children.

To make it worse your Pope the present one, stated, in some societies, sex with children is tolerated.
Does it make it right "NO" and for a man to rape a child by force
we are talking "SODOMY" here Clay think about it and have your Pope justify it by saying its acceptable in some societies.
God have mercy on his soul.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Hey guys! lets all put our differances aside and be friends.Lifes to short(trust me I have learned alot this years)Jesus would have wanted us to Love and respect each other.We are ALL Gods children!Hermi is recovering slowly.We are so thankful and blessed for his recovery.Our goal is for him to be able to attend Christmas mass without oxygen!And Hey,We Love You All!!!!!Thank you soooooo much for all your prayers....Regina,hope your well and good to see you.Been so busy here with Nicks and all his doctors appointments...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN,
Can we expect a liar to keep his word? Preston is a Roman troll. A vile, decadent, breeding ground of everything evil.
Preston is going to pull one because I said God and NOT Jesus. I guess he deny's Jesus is also God. Sad indeed.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>

I do not doubt for one minute that you always hated non=Lutheran Christians,and now that you are in the real Catholic church and not playing a psuedo Catholic role as a Lutheran,you can continue to hate non-Catholic Christians.It is so obvious in your posts.Catholics such as you who switch from Lutheranism or Anglicanism(episcopal) were always catholic.
"Bible only" that is so lame an argument to keep the House of God divided!
WRONG AGAIN Pad, which is nothing new to me or to any other Catholics on this forum who refuse to be "duped" by the anti-catholic "trash" that you and other Protestants are so famous for,(throwing around). The fact is that I (do not now nor ever have) hated non-Catholics. They are my "brothers and sisters" in Christ, even though they have all "rejected" the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Any division, that you refer to, happened over 400 years ago at the Protestant Reformation and that division (continues) to multiply- over and over and over again with (now) over 42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting denominations and beliefs ALL directed by "self appointed" bible only preachers, teachers, and "personal popes" that (have never--nor will ever) agree on ANYTHING accept attacking the historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bombing of the WTC, was spawned on American soil D.S.
For a reason to go to war, for oil.
Papa and Jr. Bush . have blood on their hands American Blood.
This is a lie LTM, please don't believe it.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN Pad, which is nothing new to me or to any other Catholics on this forum who refuse to be "duped" by the anti-catholic "trash" that you and other Protestants are so famous for,(throwing around). The fact is that I (do not now nor ever have) hated non-Catholics. They are my "brothers and sisters" in Christ, even though they have all "rejected" the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Any division, that you refer to, happened over 400 years ago at the Protestant Reformation and that division (continues) to multiply- over and over and over again with (now) over 42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting denominations and beliefs ALL directed by "self appointed" bible only preachers, teachers, and "personal popes" that (have never--nor will ever) agree on ANYTHING accept attacking the historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ.
You hope the Born-agains have conflicting beliefs, but in fact we are ONE.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
Hey guys! lets all put our differances aside and be friends.Lifes to short(trust me I have learned alot this years)Jesus would have wanted us to Love and respect each other.We are ALL Gods children!Hermi is recovering slowly.We are so thankful and blessed for his recovery.Our goal is for him to be able to attend Christmas mass without oxygen!And Hey,We Love You All!!!!!Thank you soooooo much for all your prayers....Regina,hope your well and good to see you.Been so busy here with Nicks and all his doctors appointments...

Nice to see you Seri and blessings to you and Hermi!
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>why dont you shut up?
THAT IS OVER AND DONE WITH. YOU CALL ME NAMES CONSTANTLY.
Goodbye Presto. Or do you admit that you are a liar and will stay anyway?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Robert. The Inquisitions were started by the Catholic Church to PREVENT chaos and wrongs committed by Catholic majority countries. The Church felt it would be wise to see a fair and easy approach to the matter.
The Spanish Inquisition was the one that receives the spotlight because of the sometime brutal approach by the Spanish Monarchy. It got out of hand, prompting Pope Sixtus to write to the Spanish Monarchy:
"Many true and faithful Christians, on the testimony of enemies, rivals, slaves .... Have without any legitimate truth, been thrust into prison, tortured and condemned, deprived of their goods and handed over to the secular arm to be executed to the peril of souls...setting a pernicious example and disgust to many"
Clay
Peace

I am quite tired of seeing the same throwing of stones, concerning the time of the Inquisitions....There are so many factors, in a society that is foreign to us, and a time when records were not kept(or "lost", that there is little hope of going over and over it again and again with the same people....Apparently the only one really keeping records was the RCC....

It seems to me more likely that the stone-throwers are judging first before the facts, and prefer to build a case against the RCC in order to destroy it:

(Reminds me of the woman caught in adultery, and Jesus said he who is sinless, let him cast the first stone. But in this case they throw stones....)

But the stone throwers, especially to follow the leaders of their movements, with their own interpretation of Jesus Christ, to promote a sort of cohesion within their ranks.

(I view it more like groups of people grumbling and mumbling in the wilderness wanderings of the Jews in the O.T., against Moses and God.)
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Preston is going to pull one because I said God and NOT Jesus. I guess he deny's Jesus is also God. Sad indeed.
lol, that was just one of your poor "recall" of what was said.

at no time have I ever said "airplane" so quit being such a little child.

I have NEVER heard of any person being shot out of a airplane, while going out to pick up some wounded.

so just grow up and quit acting so stupid.

and spend more time reading ellen's false prophecies.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Goodbye Presto. Or do you admit that you are a liar and will stay anyway?
have YOU ever let your emotions take over. I was guilty of that, that in and of itself doesnt make my any different than any other person on this forum.
as I said when I used that term, I lost my sister in law because of a drunk driver. also my b est friend wa almost killed because of apeson being drunk.

he word that I would use for you is TROUBLEMAKER.

I made adeal with both of youif you could locate a post wher I said that I saw God(his word, not mine) in an airplane, I would leave.

that an that alone was the deal, nothing else. for you to indicate otherwise show how much of a liar and deceiver that you are.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not submit to Islam D.S. They don't believe in Jesus.
Cont
I know...I was speaking facetiously with sarcasm. Clay and the Catholics understand that, but I know that most things go over your head and you do not understand points. It is truly amazing that you believe you can understand the bible when the smallest of things zoom past your limited ability to reason.

You are incapable of opening your mind. You never read anything for a balanced view. You close your mind and immediately seek to find anything anti-catholic to spam the thread with. You have no interest in truth or shcholarly work and you have yet to present an intelligent argument on anything. I ignore you because you are a waste of time. Clay and the Catholics who read my response understand what I was saying. You addressed nothing in the articles or the points made. Proverbs tells us not to argue with fools. Your foolishness has been seen so often it would be a miracle to see a reasoned or intellectual response from you.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may?
I researched a few years ago on how people lived back in Christ time and what kind of houses they lived in.
The kind of houses they lived in were two stories.
They had the upper room that they lived in.
On the bottom level,they actually kept their best animals there.
Because they were afraid someone would steal them.
Mostly lambs that they used for sacrifice.
So,it is possible that animals could have been in the same room that Jesus was born in.
I tend to think that it was in one of those bottom levels of a home that Jesus was born.
There would have been a manger there.
More than likely,a woman living in the home would be a midwife and was there to help with delivering baby Jesus.
Who knows? It could have been one of Josephs families homes they were staying.
That's just my opinion,going by the research on how people lived back then.
Karen I showed a picture of the cave where He laid in. it was either a natural cave or dug out of the hillside.when the muslims took over they almost destroyed it, however wiser people took over and saved it by placing blocks at the entrance so they couldnt ride their horses in it and destroy it.

The antiquity of the association of the site with the birth of Jesus is attested by the Christian apologist Justin Martyr (c. 100 165 AD, who noted in his Dialogue with Trypho that the Holy Family had taken refuge in a cave outside of town:

Joseph took up his quarters in a certain cave near the village; and while they were there Mary brought forth the Christ and placed Him in a manger, and here the Magi who came from Arabia found Him.(chapter LXXVIII).

Origen of Alexandria (185 AD - circa. 254 AD) wrote:

In Bethlehem the cave is pointed out where He was born, and the manger in the cave where He was wrapped in swaddling clothes. And the rumor is in those places, and among foreigners of the Faith, that indeed Jesus was born in this cave who is worshipped and reverenced by the Christians.(Contra Celsum, book I, chapter LI).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Na...

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So much whining and hatred of America's Reformation ideals, a real man would walk his talk and move his entire family to any number of Catholic paradises to the south.
Peru might be nice.
Or stay here and hate America. Who knows, the great Vatican dream of destroying this country may still come to pass.
Then there will be statues of great Catholic leaders like Mussolini and Franco on every street corner. Freedom of religion will be destroyed, no more trial by jury, or women's rights, and Sunday Mass will again be mandatory.
I heard a rumor, take note, it is only a rumor,

But I heard tha around teh 25 of December, that a star is going to appear over Washington,

and three "wise men" are going to appear there to help settle this mess in Congress.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah what about all the aborigials in Canada children taken from their parents and put in schools to be tortured and raped and murdered, by the catholic church. some of these children are still alive today so it wasn't that long ago.
What about all the children in Ireland, who have been killed murdered and torture raped, some who are still alive and have come forward.
You see Clay you can not deny what the catholic church has done, because their history is still being written. They haven't stopped the killings and torments and rape of the children.
To make it worse your Pope the present one, stated, in some societies, sex with children is tolerated.
Does it make it right "NO" and for a man to rape a child by force
we are talking "SODOMY" here Clay think about it and have your Pope justify it by saying its acceptable in some societies.
God have mercy on his soul.
You sick, demented and foolish woman. The Pope never justied any of what you claim. Apparently it is your Christian duty to lie and slander.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...I was speaking facetiously with sarcasm. Clay and the Catholics understand that, but I know that most things go over your head and you do not understand points. It is truly amazing that you believe you can understand the bible when the smallest of things zoom past your limited ability to reason.
You are incapable of opening your mind. You never read anything for a balanced view. You close your mind and immediately seek to find anything anti-catholic to spam the thread with. You have no interest in truth or shcholarly work and you have yet to present an intelligent argument on anything. I ignore you because you are a waste of time. Clay and the Catholics who read my response understand what I was saying. You addressed nothing in the articles or the points made. Proverbs tells us not to argue with fools. Your foolishness has been seen so often it would be a miracle to see a reasoned or intellectual response from you.
D.S. Its not surprising that I didn't understand your sarcasim.
when it comes to murder , torture and rape, using sarcasim for catholic's is childs play.
Now I am being sarcastic D.S. I didn't write the History books, what I posted was facts, and it wasn't just aimed at the catholic's . if you bothered to read it, but hey you don't read the Bible now do you so why would you read a history book.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
You are just being ridiculous.
If you don't want to read his posts, skip over them.
One could readily argue that, once one has told a lie, they are forever a liar, yes?
They may no longer lie, but in e past, if they did it ONCE, it can forever after nbe stated that the person is a "liar."
Have I ever been drunk?
Yes.
Does that mean that I was a drunk, at those times?
Yep.
Could someone, after that, say that I am a drunk?
Yep.
Offends me not at all.
I attend a recovery group, and people often make comments regarding "us drunks."
Just give it a rest, 4GVN. Skip his posts if you must.
Your approach is infantile.
Rob
Of course they are infantile. I must converse on his level. And regardless of what you say, I am quite sure that yo don't like eing called a drunk. Nor should any christian have done so. Frankly the man makes my skin crawl with his never ending attacks on everyone. And he beats the horse to death. It is sickening and a reproach to the gospel he claims to be a 'preacher' of. Just sayin'.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick, demented and foolish woman. The Pope never justied any of what you claim. Apparently it is your Christian duty to lie and slander.
Sorry to late to beat that horse that the Pope didn't know; because he already confessed that he did. He covered it up and let it continue D.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 13 min psycho 4
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr Hick 30
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Cultastic 8,187
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••