Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,641 - 389,660 of 538,526 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
TYPO CORRECTION:
-
OH! so you mean that when the Catholics went door to door gathering up all the "heretics" to torture and murder ... that wasn't considered preaching? and here I thought IT was the Catholic's WAY of gaining converts. silly me.

I agreee. You are silly.

You have listened to propaganda so much, you can't tell what is real and not real....

Catholics didn't go door to door....
Catholics didn't gather up heretics....
Catholics didn't torture and murder....

It was the state(countries) that did these. The CC made inquiry into them(thus the name Inquisitions) under torture from the state(never by the RCC), and formulated an opinion as to whether these allegations of heresy were true or not. If found true, the states executed out their various sentences....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>if you can ever find one post where I said that I saw the Lord while in an "airplane" I will leave this forum forever, and unlike lTM, I am not a liar.
and if YOU CANT, YOU LEAVE FOREVER.
and admit that you do belong to ellen white satanic cult.
I am calling your bluff, lets see you back it up.lol
Your crazy if you think I am going to search through ll theses past post to find where you stated you was on a airplane when you met Jesus Christ and then later on also defended your statement thzt you was an Apostel because you had seen Christ.
I imagime everyone on here recalls you posting such nonsense without me searching for it. Who knows maybe someone else on here saved it.
One other thing you do not dictate wether I am to remain on here or leave. However you are more than welcome to and don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split Ya !!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I agreee. You are silly.
You have listened to propaganda so much, you can't tell what is real and not real....
It was the state(countries) that did these. The CC made inquiry into them(thus the name Inquisitions) under torture from the state(never by the RCC), and formulated an opinion as to whether these allegations of heresy were true or not. If found true, the states executed out their various sentences....
I guess choosing a religious belief over letting someone live freely - certain folks chose a belief.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Your crazy if you think I am going to search through ll theses past post to find where you stated you was on a airplane when you met Jesus Christ and then later on also defended your statement thzt you was an Apostel because you had seen Christ.
I imagime everyone on here recalls you posting such nonsense without me searching for it. Who knows maybe someone else on here saved it.
One other thing you do not dictate wether I am to remain on here or leave. However you are more than welcome to and don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split Ya !!!!
couldnt find it uh?

you could never find any post like that for one simple reason. at no time have I ever indicated that it was on an airplane.

now read learn. DUSTOFF.

that is the key word.

find out what that means and then you might understand the difference between an airplane and a DUSTOFF.

notmally the words that I used were this.

on my way to the killing field, I saw Jesus(not God as you said), and I oftimes compared that to Paul with orders to go kill people.CAPISH?

my question which shows how stupid that you are would be,how in the world could someone get shot out of a airplane? but men were shot out of a helicopter.

the doors were taken off of helicopters so men could be loaded easier.

watch out for the camel that you swallowed.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad--you continue to rely on your anti-catholic "pot of propaganda" to bail you out of any discussion. That my friend is the "only thing" that is clear to you. You continue to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which is "no surprise to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of Church History. If you have "any knowledge" of apostolic Church History---of which you obviously have "who rely on "Protestant Propaganda" in order to keep their bible only "leaking" boat from sinking!!
Your post here is down right offensive,and because you really believe that I rely on Protestant propaganda to make a n opinion about the RCC.I was raised a Roman Catholic,lived amongst hundreds of RCs of cultural and thnic baskgrounds which included:Italian,Polish,Slovak ,and Ukrainian Catholics.Oh I forgot the biggest group the I R I S H. So treating me as though I have been brainwashed or completely influenced by Prots is wrong and offensive.

I know just as much about the history of the RCC as you do,and was raised in a strong Catholic family who were very strong in keeping Catholic beliefs close to them.

You are the one who has no clue!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

preston wrote:
preston

Thanks....

An interesting site off of the one you gave....I will have to think it over....Its rather lengthy, and deep....

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Thanks....
An interesting site off of the one you gave....I will have to think it over....Its rather lengthy, and deep....
Robert - Happy belated Thanksgiving!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
-
OH! so you mean that when the Catholics went door to door gathering up all the "heretics" to torture and murder ... that wasn't considered preaching? and here I thought IT was the Catholic's WAY of gaining converts. silly me.
-
-
Robert F wrote:
I agreee. You are silly.
-
-
oh. NOW I get it.
The state officials that did all the torture and murder for the Catholic Church were what?...Protestant?
-
hellooOooo the *state officials* who did the murder and torture were CATHOLIC or else it could NOT have happened! or wait could they have been Muslim? or Pagan?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Comments (Page 18,970)

Truth wrote:

<quoted text>
Laying on of hands has ceased....there are NO apostles around today....
No one today meets the qualifications of an apostle....
Only the apostles/disciples and those they laid hands on had this power...they are all dead.
gonna disagree with you onthis one, hank.

Easter sunday night in 1984 when i first stteped into apulpit for teh first time, God told me that I was one and even before I began to preach, he spoke to me of the book of Romans and pauls testimony, and He reminded me of that day over 20 years before when I laid eyes on Jesus.

that is the first prerquisite of that calling.

the second is that a man has to be chosen. tha was fulfilled in march 1955 when my grandfather died and shortly came back to life and descrbed to me wah he had seen and then told me that he had been set back by the greats in heaven(his words, not mine) to tell me that I ahd ajob to do for the Lord..

third, I have been fortunate to have seen a few miracles in my walk with the Lord that I myself have been a small part of,

God doeesnt remove and hasnt removed any portion of His Word.

For He has placed in the church, first apostles.second prophets.

you really dont think that I have got this smart by myself do you?

and yeah, I have placed my hands on someone and they have received he Holy Ghost.Once, before He ahd called me to preach, He laid it on me to go to this church, and I talked to mom because I just was confused,and she gave me great advice, just go and dont say nothing, God will show you at that right time.

so i sat in the back and the church had prayed for this woman several times and nothing was happening and then God told me to go up and lay hands on here. the crowd was heavy, but when I walked up they moved for me and I was behind her and i told the Pastor, lets pray again and this time God will answer and He did. She received the Holy Ghost.

I know this goes against all that you believe and have been taught, but as I type these words, God is my witness that they are true

He was refeing bac to 20 years when h was in a airplane folks
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I agreee. You are silly.
Thank you Robert. The Inquisitions were started by the Catholic Church to PREVENT chaos and wrongs committed by Catholic majority countries. The Church felt it would be wise to see a fair and easy approach to the matter.
The Spanish Inquisition was the one that receives the spotlight because of the sometime brutal approach by the Spanish Monarchy. It got out of hand, prompting Pope Sixtus to write to the Spanish Monarchy:

"Many true and faithful Christians, on the testimony of enemies, rivals, slaves .... Have without any legitimate truth, been thrust into prison, tortured and condemned, deprived of their goods and handed over to the secular arm to be executed to the peril of souls...setting a pernicious example and disgust to many"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
oh. NOW I get it.
The state officials that did all the torture and murder for the Catholic Church were what?...Protestant?
-
hellooOooo the *state officials* who did the murder and torture were CATHOLIC or else it could NOT have happened! or wait could they have been Muslim? or Pagan?

In some cases yes of course they were Catholics....In others no....For example:

"
Protestant Torture

As to the myth that torture was a tactic solely of Catholics, Janssen quotes a Protestant eyewitness to the contrary:
The Protestant theologian Meyfart ... described the tortures which he had personally witnessed ...'The subtle Spaniard and the wily Italian have a horror of these bestialities and brutalities, and at Rome it is not customary to subject a murderer ... an incestuous person, or an adulterer to torture for the space of more than an hour'; but in Germany ... torture is kept up for a whole day, for a day and a night, for two days ... even also for four days ... after which it begins again ...'There are stories extant so horrible and revolting that no true man can hear of them without a shudder.'
(Janssen, XVI, 516-518, 521)"

Isn't it interesting that a Protestant theologian would testify that the torture by Protestants were far worse than those under the Catholic authorities?????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
oh. NOW I get it.
-

A little more:

"James Gruet
In January, 1547 in Calvin's Geneva, one James Gruet, a kind of free-thinker of dubious morals, was alleged to have posted a note which implied that Calvin should leave the city:
He was at once arrested and a house to house search made for his accomplices. This method failed to reveal anything except that Gruet had written on one of Calvin's tracts the words 'all rubbish.' The judges put him to the rack twice a day, morning and evening, for a whole month ... He was sentenced to death for blasphemy and beheaded on July 26, 1547 ... Evangelical freedom had now arrived at the point where its champions took a man's life ... merely for writing a lampoon!
(Huizinga, 176; cf. Daniel-Rops, 82-83)"

Kind of reminds me of radical fundamentalist Islam at this time, except Calvin's Geneva loved torture first....before killing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
oh. NOW I get it.
-

Just one more....and then let the matter rest.

"The most infamous execution in Geneva was that of Michael Servetus, a Spanish physician who denied the Trinity, and was a sort of Gnostic pantheist. He was burned alive.... He had met Calvin, and the latter declared on February 13, 1547 in a letter to Farel:
If he comes, provided my authority prevails I will not suffer him to return home alive.
(Daniel-Rops, 186)

In 1554 Calvin wrote the treatise Against the Errors of Servetus, in which he tried to justify his cruel action: Many people have accused me of such ferocious cruelty that (they allege) I would like to kill again the man I have destroyed. Not only am I indifferent to their comments, but I rejoice in the fact that they spit in my face.
(Daniel-Rops, 191)

Melanchthon, in a letter to Calvin and Bullinger, gave 'thanks to the Son of God'... and called the burning 'a pious and memorable example to all posterity.' Bucer declared from his pulpit in Strasbourg that Servetus had deserved to be disemboweled and torn to pieces. Bullinger, generally humane, agreed that civil magistrates must punish blasphemy with death.
(Durant, 484)"

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

"The Church of ALL people have six new Cardinals, from America, Lebanon, India, Nigeria, Columbia, Philippines…

“Vatican Radio) Pope Benedict XVI created six new Cardinals on Saturday in an Ordinary Public Consistory for the purpose here at the Vatican. The six new “Princes of the Church” are: Archbishop James M. Harvey, Prefect of the Papal Household; His Beatitude, Bechara Boutros Raï, Maronite Patriarch of Antioch in Lebanon; His Beatitude, Baselios Cleemis Thottunkal, Major Archbishop of Trivandrum in India and head of the Syro-Malankara Church; Archbishop John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan of Abuja, Nigeria; Archbishop Ruben Salazar Gomez of Bogotá, Colombia; and Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle of Manila in the Philippines. The Cardinals are the “Clergy of Rome”. They are responsible for electing the Bishop of Rome, who is the Pope: the Successor to St. Peter, and Vicar of Christ on Earth – the universal Pastor of the universal Church. Pope Benedict XVI took the universality of the Church as the theme of his allocution to the participants in the Consistory, focusing the meaning of the word,“Catholic”–“A word,” he said,“which indicates an essential feature of the Church and her mission.” Below, please find the full text of the Holy Father's allocution“

“I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church”

http://en.radiovaticana.va/articolo.asp...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"-
from every angle possible? NOT! You argue ONLY those angles which are CONVENIENT for you and don't actually require you to examine it from the angle of TRUTH.
-
Catholics go to great lengths to IGNORE the truth in God Word. Starting with IGNORING the very word of Christ when he said, "Call no MAN your Father." .... and it only goes downhill from there.-
Please - IF you are so inclined would you show me from the Word of God that it is OK for the Catholic church to:-
1) Launch the Crusades,
2) Torture and Murder in the Inquisition,
3) Systematically cover-up the RAPING of CHILDREN for TWO thousand years.-
IF you can prove how this was OK for the Catholic Church to do, then I will believe you have the truth.-
What YOUR CHURCH binds on earth is bound in heaven *IF* and *ONLY IF* it is indeed the TRUTH - so additionally you need to prove that since your church has bound on earth, the following ... then Christ did as he promised and bound it in Heaven:
the Crusades,
the Torture and Murder of the Inquisition,
and
the RAPING of CHILDREN ... for TWO THOUSAND years.-
If you can't look at YOUR church from THOSE angles, you have NOT looked at it from EVERY angle! Why can you not understand that?
Are you mentally incapable of any understanding???
It has been answered over, and over, and over. You seem to ignornore everything to suit your believe, or to fit with YOUR own agenda!

The Church that Jesus started does not approve of pedophilia. PERIOD!
[like none of your protestant pastors haven’t raped women, and children, and even killed people. huh? On this anniversary of the Jim Jones massacre. Rolling eyes here.]

Second read your Bible [I know it’s the protestants way, to skip verses]…. Read all of it.

“Catholics call their priests "Father" because in all matters pertaining to Christ's holy faith they perform the duties of a father, representing God. The priest is the agent of the Christian's supernatural birth and sustenance in the world. "Father" is a title which does not conflict in the slightest with Matthew 23:9. Christ forbids the Christian to acknowledge any fatherhood which conflicts with the Fatherhood of God – just as He commands the Christian to "hate" his father, mother, wife, and his own life, insofar as these conflict with the following of Christ.(Luke 14:26). But Christ does not forbid Christians to call His own representatives by the name of "Father." Catholic priests share in the priesthood of Jesus Christ (not a human priesthood), and their sacred ministry partakes of the Fatherhood of God.
Like St. Paul (himself a Catholic priest), every Catholic priest can refer to the souls he has spiritually begotten as his children in Christ.(1 Cor. 4:14). St. Paul considered himself to be the spiritual father, in Christ, of the Corinthians: "For if you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus, by the gospel, I have begotten you." (I Cor. 4:15). The title of "Father" is entirely proper for an ordained priest of Jesus Christ.”

“ The so-called bloody Inquisitions, which were initiated by the civil governments of
France and Spain for the purpose of ferreting out Moslems and Jews who were causing social havoc by posing as faithful Catholic citizens – even as priests and bishops – were indeed approved by the Church.(Non-Catholics who admitted they were non-Catholics were left alone by the Inquisition.) And the vast majority of those questioned by the Inquisition (including St. Teresa of Avila) were completely cleared. Nevertheless, the popes roundly condemned the proceedings when they saw justice giving way to cruel abuses, and it was this insistent condemnation by the popes which finally put an end to the Inquisitions.”

Continue...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Continue
guest wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
"-
from every angle possible? NOT! You argue ONLY those angles which are CONVENIENT for you and don't actually require you to examine it from the angle of TRUTH.
-
Catholics go to great lengths to IGNORE the truth in God Word. Starting with IGNORING the very word of Christ when he said, "Call no MAN your Father." .... and it only goes downhill from there.-
Please - IF you are so inclined would you show me from the Word of God that it is OK for the Catholic church to:-

1) Launch the Crusades,
CRUSADES
‘First, the Christian nations of Europe were definitely not the aggressors. The Moslems had been aggressors against the Christians since the seventh century. Their attacks on Christian countries were still going on in the eleventh century. In 1071 the Turks had attacked and virtually annihilated the Byzantine army at Manzikert. It was this defeat that led the Byzantine Emperor to appeal to the Pope for aid against the Moslems. The Christian countries of Europe were clearly justified in defending themselves against Moslem attacks and also in going on the offensive in order to prevent future attacks. At no point did the Crusaders attack the Moslem homeland, Arabia, but only those originally Christian territories that the Moslems had conquered.

Second, it certainly was and is appropriate for Christians to defend themselves and the innocent and helpless against attacks, which is exactly what the Crusaders were doing. It is also appropriate for Christians to try to regain lands which their enemy had conquered, as was the case with the Holy Land. The religious significance of the Holy land makes it even better that Christians try to regain it rather than worse, since Christians had every right to govern the lands where Christ had walked and to protect them from desecration.

Finally, there were certainly abuses during the Crusades, most notably the Sack of Jerusalem and the Sack of Constantinople, both of which are discussed below. But an immoral action during a war does not detract from the justice of the cause of the war. The immoral action should be condemned, as Godfrey de Bouillon condemned the Sack of Jerusalem and Simon de Montfort condemned the Sack of Constantinople, but the war itself remains just.”

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/history...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Comments (Page 18,970)
28 years ago, when that Happened in that litle church.

and the difference betwwen me and you is this. I have spiritual experinces that I can recall and testify, you on the other hand, have none since you follow the false prophetess ellen white and your link showed that the other night.lol.
and I would venture to say that after that post, YOU never saw any anger or rage coming from hank.

and when he has said something that I disagree with it is the same thing. we both know what the oher person belives in and we settled any differences between us a long time ago, and as I have said many times, Hank is a good guy and one of the nicest on this forum, however I cant say the same about you.

people judged YOU, not your post, as you are acting like the devil and trying to stir up trouble, and old mr fraud sets on the sidelines and remains silent, knowing that you support the devil and his false prophetess ellen white.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

BTW, where are mr and ms fraud.

did reggie and Anthony run them off by bring up their continual lies?

or maybe topix kicked him off for the THIRD time.lol
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

OSU 26;
the other team that lost 21.
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
-
-
Why don't YOU do the "responsible" thing and explain to me - like I am 8 year old - how those *events of the inquisition* were "responsible" God-loving/fearing actions on the part of the church? While you are at it, explain to me how Jesus would be pleased with how the church has represented him and cared for his flock?
-
I know you WON'T ... because I know you CAN'T. It is impossible. It is impossible because Jesus would NEVER sanction murder and torture ... but the pope sanctioned it. Clearly, the pope is not following Christ.
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I already did. But like a good bigot...you ignored it.
Look, the Catholic Church in Medieval times desperately tried to repel the forces that were surrounding it. The Crusades were first launched to take back lands already conquered my Muslims.
The Turks were on the doorstep to capture Rome too. We won. They didn't succeed.
Yrs later, Protestants used the sins of Catholic troops during the Crusades, to show that the Church sinned. But in fact, its not the people who are sinless in the Catholic Church, its the teachings on dogma and doctrine that is without error. The Crusades were justified. And to be honest, its going to happen again, because there are still people who wish to topple Rome. The Iranians will probably be next. China hates the Church too...
And the Inquisition? Well, learn about the Crusades first. Then you'll see why the Church conducts Inquisitions.
I'm sorry Guest, but murders, tortures rapes were not part of it. Although Catholics most certainly are guilty of it. Especially battle hardened troops.
-
-
clay ... "Look, the Catholic Church *in Medieval times* desperately tried to repel the forces that were surrounding it. The Crusades were first launched to *take back lands already conquered my Muslims*."
-
And Once again, the Catholic only goes back in history to the point where the ACTUAL TRUTH does not mess with his perception of it.
-
BEFORE the Medieval Times and the Crusades, there was Constantine traipsing around the Holy Lands *conquering* in the sign of the Cross...CLEARLY 300 years before Mohammad and Islam and Muslims.
-
I've said it before, I'll say it again:*Islam* is the Arabs' reaction and response to Constantine and his murderous wars to conquer the land for the church - the Roman Catholic Church. Arabs - who became 'united' under Islam - learned their art of "Murdering in the Name of God" by watching the Catholics do that very thing (Murder in the Name of God) for 300 years.
-

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••