Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,329
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#404536 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about a group of extremists. There are christian extremeists too. Remember 20 years ago all the planned parenthood offices were blown up........not done by Muslims.
Today we have many muslim/seiks living in our community. I have yet to see one of them carry a stick of dynamite. They seem like good people who keep to themselves.
My guess is when you see one with a stick of dynamite you won't be here reporting on it....
preston

Waverly, OH

#404537 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What will you say PRESTON if down the road confrint. and KayMarie make it to heaven?
Will you continue with the arguing and name calling? Its a long way from HELL for them to hear you.(lol)
as I just posted.

karen says it is a Repenting Way and I agree.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#404538 Nov 24, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is when you see one with a stick of dynamite you won't be here reporting on it....
Google "Taquiyya"
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404539 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says........OK! Whatever you say Preston WINK WINK!
Well, adios PRESTON! Never to return. What a loss.......
preston

Waverly, OH

#404540 Nov 24, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well, adios PRESTON! Never to return. What a loss.......
I will make the same deal with you as I did the sda guy, show the post where I have ever said that I saw God while I was in an airplane.

and if you cant find it, you leave.

deal?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404541 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the upside to martyr ones self? Does it further the cause? God would be angry if they didn't?
Look at the number of christians back in the day that killed people who would not conform to christianity? Heretics they were called.
Organized religion is the root cause of hatred towards others in our world. It is not the losing team of the superbowl that gets so angry.
The problem with organized religion is that the adherents have been taught ONLY ONE way from childhood. I remember. Doesn't matter what belief or faith structure. You are taught that you are right and everyone elese is wrong. God watches over you and not them, and that! is the core of the problem. IGNORANCE! arrogance and blatant hatred all because mom and dad didn't know better to teach us about all religions and those that have none and respect them for what they are, and never say "I am better than you"
There is no upside or positive outcome for any spiritual leader to say "WE ARE THE ONE TRUE CHURCH" and to hell with everyone else. That just claims ignorance, hatred and arrogance. You see it everyday on this forum.
Why would you want to stay in a belief that makes you look down on others?
No religion takes away all the hatred, and ignorance.
You are correct in that no religion takes away all the hatred. Only Jesus Christ can do that. Not a religion.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#404542 Nov 24, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "Taquiyya"
Not quite the peaceful religion we've been told eh?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404543 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says......
cor:14:33
"God is not the author of confusion".
......Yet never has a book proved more confusion than the writings in the bible. There are thousands of christian denominations and sects including yours, ALL using the "inspired scriptures" to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines.
Why do so many trained theologens differ with each other over scriptures?
Why do educated religious language translators disagree over Greek and hebrew meanings?
WHY SO MUCH CONFUSION!!
Shouldn't a document claimed by ALL these christians that was supposedly divinely inspired by an omniscient and ominpotent God be crystal clear to all?
The confusion continues as it has for the past 2,000 years.
BUSTED!
God works in the heart of 'individuals' one at a time.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404544 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
Religious authorities do not know anything more about spirituality than you do posters. They read the same books you read, yet! they know how to manipulate your mind, and your future uncertainty for their own benefit.
Believe what I teach and your in! Don't believe and too bad for you.
Michael says....
NO THANKYOU......I will not subscribe to that.
Sad.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404545 Nov 24, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
michael needs to be more worried than we do here in the US.those muslims who live in Mich had to flee because of saadam as well as the clerics in Iran.

of course, I will donate 200.00 to help pay for a one way ticket to gaza for Mike.

the price is around 976.00. should be cheaper since it would be one way.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404546 Nov 24, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>why didnt you address the words that ROB said about mrs fraud "lying"?
is that not one of the commandments of God also?
your fraudlent behavior is just as bad as her lying, you do that, dont you?
and it will keep you out of heaven some day.
to lie about Jesus just aint nice and why do you people do that constantly? and please dont insult people on this forum by saying that you havent lied on here because you have.
John 18:9 proved that your lie about what transpired in the garden was a lie. this is the verse that you tried to use to prove that OSAS is true and Biblical.and all that it did was show your ignorance.
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
you can judge others, but your own lies will follow you to hell, and then osas will not help you.
as karen says, it is a Repentant Way, not a lying way
Preston, before you leave the forum forever, tell me, Do ou think that you(who have just been caught in a lie) are the only one going to heaven? Please answer, and then LEAVE. LOL
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404547 Nov 24, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I will make the same deal with you as I did the sda guy, show the post where I have ever said that I saw God while I was in an airplane.
and if you cant find it, you leave.
deal?
No,Presto, I learned a long time ago not to make deals with the Devil.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404548 Nov 24, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Preston, before you leave the forum forever, tell me, Do ou think that you(who have just been caught in a lie) are the only one going to heaven? Please answer, and then LEAVE. LOL
find the post. but take your time. I only have around 5000 posts. should take you till 2015.

and then, you will be so frustrated that what little of your mind that you have now, will all be gone.lol

and since you have read most of my posts, you should realize how stupid the sda guy was in saying what he said about me.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404549 Nov 24, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>God works in the heart of 'individuals' one at a time.
yes He does, however it seems that the devil works in groups, as we can read from the Bible.

and my statement is surely true since we can see how your group(ltm, marge, orville , oddjg,sda guy, mr fraud and mrs fraud)are all filled with that satanic spirit.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404550 Nov 24, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No,Presto, I learned a long time ago not to make deals with the Devil.
yeah. that is when you sold your soul to him.

you arent fooling anyone, people have read your filthy posts in the past.

you cant erase them, nor hope that people overlooked them
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#404552 Nov 24, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>michael needs to be more worried than we do here in the US.those muslims who live in Mich had to flee because of saadam as well as the clerics in Iran.
of course, I will donate 200.00 to help pay for a one way ticket to gaza for Mike.
the price is around 976.00. should be cheaper since it would be one way.
Mike in the Gaza Strip. I'd give him about 10 minutes.

On a side note, my next door neighbors are a multi-family of Muslims from Iraq who left during Sadam Hussein's reign of terror. Nice people. I speak to them often. They know we're Catholic. The patriarch breathed a sigh of relief when he realized we weren't fundamentalist/evangelical protestants. I'm not implying anything, but it is what it is.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#404553 Nov 24, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Robert F"
KayMarie
Your going to have to show me that the 14th day of the first month was "likely" to have been a Thursday....
At best you would be guessing. At worst wrong.
We have no way of determining the exact time of the year when we compare our calendar with the Jewish calendar. And the calendar of the Jewish year was so very fluid during the time of Jesus, there is no way of determining what is likely or what is not likely....
Instead we must turn to the Gospels and Jesus being the fulfilment of the O.T., which support Friday as the Passover....
As the Jewish calendar (there are more than one) is/are different from the one that we use, it might be impossible. This is where scripture comes in.
Do you believe that Jesus lied??? He said that He would be in the grave/tomb as Jonah was in the whale. That means three days. In order for the Resurrection to occur on the first day of the week, He would have had to be buried on Thursday. An evening and a morning being one day (God said in Genesis).
Thursday p.m. to Friday a.m. One day
Friday p.m. to Saturday a.m. Second day
Saturday p.m. to Sunday a.m. Third day
Jesus prophecy = three days
Scriptural fact = Resurrection was on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.
The fourteenth day of the month might have been any day of the week.
Also, there were times when there were back-to-back sabbaths. One sabbath was determined by counting a certain number of days from a special sabbath, the appointed sabbath was one day after the ordinary sabbath of that week. This meant that in one weeks time there would be three sabbaths.
KayMarie
KayMarie good friend

I can see what you are saying....

The only point I would make is that Jesus said it would be the "sign" of Jonah....And signs are not based in physical reality, but are affected by them....

The 3 literal days and nights may be more figurative than actual. The Jews back then did not measure time with "punch-clock" accuracy.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404554 Nov 24, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol) right! If I see them flicking matches, or clicking lighters than I know I am too close....... ""KA!%@$@-ING BOOM"
preston

Waverly, OH

#404555 Nov 24, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike in the Gaza Strip. I'd give him about 10 minutes.
On a side note, my next door neighbors are a multi-family of Muslims from Iraq who left during Sadam Hussein's reign of terror. Nice people. I speak to them often. They know we're Catholic. The patriarch breathed a sigh of relief when he realized we weren't fundamentalist/evangelical protestants. I'm not implying anything, but it is what it is.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/worl d-africa-2...
preston

Waverly, OH

#404556 Nov 24, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie good friend
I can see what you are saying....
The only point I would make is that Jesus said it would be the "sign" of Jonah....And signs are not based in physical reality, but are affected by them....
The 3 literal days and nights may be more figurative than actual. The Jews back then did not measure time with "punch-clock" accuracy.
http://www.bible.ca/d-3-days-a nd-3-nights.htm#V

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 50 min Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 18 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 20 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web