Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,955
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#404516 Nov 24, 2012
be back later, going to watch my favorite x-mas movie "a christmas carol", with the man born to play the part allistair sims.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#404517 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope these wisemen weren't bitten by any of the farm animals at the cave or stable. OH! I forgot there were no farm animals there. The pope has just confirmed that teaching. Disgregard.
Now that the church found out that Jesus was actually born years earlier, does that mean too that the 3 kings had to leave their location 4 years earlier than before?
All the events in christianity now move back 4 years.
What does the Pope know, are you sure he can even cipher ?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#404518 Nov 24, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if no apostle taught/preached in a church how can you have apostolic church history? name one apostle that preached in a church? not a pope (a pope is not an apostle) but one of the original apostles that traveled with jesus...you talk about true church history how come you never mention how the church got people to believe in it when it started 2000 yrs ago? how people were beaten,tortured,killed if they did not believe,how come you never speak of that TRUE HISTORY??
Read your bible jethro8. Every one of the Apostles taught in the Early Churches as well as other followers of Christ. All of Pauls writings indicate this all through the Acts of the Apostles, beginning with Jesus Christs 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2). Pauls letters to the Church at Corinth, Galatia, Ephasus, Phillipi, Thessalonica and on and on!...I don't know what bible you've been reading but it definitely has no "resemblance" to the TRUTH of TRUE BIBLICAL HISTORY----but then,I also have to remember that you would rather be "engrossed and indoctrinated" by your anti-catholic heresies so that "nothing" will ever make sense to you" accept more of the same old bible only Protestant "confusion and chaos"!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404519 Nov 24, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions have a Spirit guiding them. After all, people are seeking something SPIRITUAL when pursuing God.
So, what kind of Spirit causes Muslims to blow themselves and innocent children up,'in the name of God'? It isn't the Holy Spirit, its is an evil spirit.
CLAY says......

So, what kind of Spirit causes Muslims to blow themselves and innocent children up,'in the name of God'? It isn't the Holy Spirit, its is an evil spirit.

You are answering in a christian prospective. If we were born into a Muslim family we would understand just as all of them do.

I am sure Muslims, Hindus and Jews laugh at christians for believing God has three divisions or god heads.

Religious belief is more about FAMILY-HAND-ME-DOWN tradition than the actual faith itself. Most of us are born into a particular belief to become not what the superior being wants us to become, but what our parents want us to become........just like them.

The only true religious people are ones who find a faith or belief themselves. They make a personal conscious decision, as independant thinkers, and decide themselves to follow the rules and procedures on their own terms..........not what our parents want us to become.

All religious people believe they have the religious foundation of facts that no other religions possess. That is where religion divides. It is played out several times a day on this forum, catholic versus protestant or what ever other religious belief challenges christianity.

I am sure if you and I were born into a loving muslim family, we would not understand why others would want to be christian, and christians would not understand why others would remain in the belief of Islam.

More people have died in the name of their god than any other cause.

That is one reason I tell people on this forum to lighten up.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#404520 Nov 24, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
YOUR CHURCH HAS KNOCKED ME OFF OF THIS FORUM TWICE..AND I HAVE COME BACK WITH A DIFFERENT AVATAR..
IF YOU KNOCK ME OFF...I WILL JUST CHANGE AVATARS AND COME BACK AGAIN.
My Church?

Something happened to you long ago. I don't know if you were mistreated by some inconsiderate Catholic, but you have serious bitterness and rage dwelling in your heart. I truly hope the Lord helps you with that.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404521 Nov 24, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You can't divide One faith, One shepherd, and One fold. I know what Fr Rob is saying. He and Anthony are both correct.
The fact is, Christ wants YOU to bring your children into Christianity by the rite of Baptism by water. Just like the Jews did by circumcision. Its every bit as important because its what God wants.
Besides, what's it matter to you? Catholics say we make our Confirmation at an age of maturity,(an alter call if you will) but you say were going to hell anyway because we're not 'born again'.
Oh, Contrair. Your faith has been divided and splintered MANY times.
The point you can't seem to understand is that baptism of one who is not of the age of reason does not 'bring one into the church'. And the Jews did not bring thier children into the 'church' so you are comparing apples and oranges.
And lastly, it is not I who said that "except you are born from on high you shall not see the Kingdom of God." That was Jesus. If you have an issue with that statment then your issue is with Him, not me.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404522 Nov 24, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>What does the Pope know, are you sure he can even cipher ?
You want me to question the intelligence of the mighty pope? Christian calendar is moved back 4 years older than first thought. Jesus didn't die when he was 33, he was 37. The pope says Ya! we made a miscalculation of about 4 years. SORRY!(LOL)

All 1.168 Billion catholics are disposing of their farm animals from their nativity scenes, and wrapping up all the little singing angel figurines, and moving our calendar back 4 years to 2008, all the events that happened in the past 2,000 years are not accurate.

9-1-1- should be Sept 11, 1997. World war II ended in 1941, John F. Kennedy died in 1960, and I was really born in 1945.

What do all the calender makers do for 2013. They have all been printed. Next year should really be 2009.

what a mess!.........lol)

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404523 Nov 24, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My Church?
Something happened to you long ago. I don't know if you were mistreated by some inconsiderate Catholic, but you have serious bitterness and rage dwelling in your heart. I truly hope the Lord helps you with that.
If they are bitter, I believe you ANTHONY have thrown a few logs on the fire yourself.

"judge not lest yee be judged"
marge

Ames, IA

#404524 Nov 24, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
Y'know, Kay, I also felt it was a tad snide.
(It took him 2000 years to discover that?")
Ifit was NOT snide, please feel free to explain what it WAS.
You seem to feel you are being attacked unfairly.
You could just own up to the fact that it was a bit snide.
This is something that always comes up in scripture courses in seminary, that we have to be careful about the scenes we have playing out in our heads, such as the magi bringing their gifts for Jesus as hhe is laying in th emanger.
This scene (familiar to all Catholics, as it is the common manger scene) is a mixture of Luke and Matthew, and it is good that we recognize it as such, as the two different infancy narratives have DIFFERENT things to tell us.
The pope encourages Catholics to become more famailiar with what the scriptures literally say, and meditate on THAT, and for this, you criticize him.
It really makes me wonder.
If I am blessed, by God's mercy, to be welcomed into the kingdom of Heaven, and God tells me at that point that I had it all wrong, and that the Baptists had it all right, I will have two choices:
A. Disgust that the Baptist faith was the correct one, and that I had it wrong, and feeling anger over that,
or
B. Joy at having Truth revealed to me.
Personally, I would choose B.(I have no fear of being condemned because "my faith got it wrong," because I strive to live what I believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ calls me to, as best I can. I may be judged guilty on how well I lived that ideal, but I fear nothing on whether it was "right" or "wrong.")
My impression of many on this forum is that, if blessed to arrive in Heaven were told,.
you, and many like you would have the options of:
A. Disgust, because those damned Catholics were right.(Yuck! Can't we go somewhere else?!),
or.
B. Joy at the revelation of God's Truth.
.... many of you would choose A.
And I think that is truly sad.
Your hatred of all things Catholic leads you to mock the pope, and be snide, EVEN when he is saying something YOU YOURSELF AGREE WITH.
And even sadder is that you cannot see how sad that is.
Rob
What is really sad is that you don't care to do anything about the things that cause division among us, like your lifeless Idols and prayers to and for the dead etc.

And you say, ""Welcome in. to the comapany of the Blessed, united in the Holy Eucharist, which Catholics so often offered for your salvation, for that has been granted,"

How unbiblical and insulting to Jesus who paid for our Salvation.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404525 Nov 24, 2012
<quoted text>You might want to direct that one to Preston he is always claiming God told him to make all these nasty and rude statements to almost every individual on this forum.
Says he saw him in while in a airplane over Vietnam to.
if you can ever find one post where I said that I saw the Lord while in an "airplane" I will leave this forum forever, and unlike lTM, I am not a liar.

and if YOU CANT, YOU LEAVE FOREVER.

and admit that you do belong to ellen white satanic cult.

I am calling your bluff, lets see you back it up.lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404526 Nov 24, 2012
<quoted text>What does the Pope know, are you sure he can even cipher ?
In all due respect the 85 year old pope is an intelligent person. The problem is that the world and its people have changed. We have moved ahead out of the dark ages. The church has not, and condemns modern day christians for being too progressive.

Today there are several wedges that divide catholics. We have over 100 and counting women who have been ordained priests. We have the abuse scandals, the vatican money laundering scandals, the bishop liars, and coverup artists, we have catholic priests NOW in several countries that have formed unions or associations because they believe they have been mistreated, we have 2 investigations by the church on 47,000 nuns in america, we have catholics/priests who want optional celebacy, we have catholics who want women ordained........etc.

A church truly divided, and I have posted about EVERYONE of these topics on here and catholics hate me for it, and the end result is CATHOLICS don't want to ever blame each other, NO! they want to blame it ALL ON ME!

ITS ALL MY FAULT!(laughing!)

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404527 Nov 24, 2012
preston wrote:

One sunny day while I was flying in an airplane, I saw the Lord.

He sat down beside me in the empty isle seat row 17. The Lord said "Preston its time to start being nice to people. Stop being a bully and show kindness. If you fail to do this there will be severe consequences"

The Lord disappeared as fast as he arrived. I told everyone on the plane and they thought I was a nut Job. But I know the truth. I think it was the Lord??
Michael says........OK! Whatever you say Preston WINK WINK!
preston

Waverly, OH

#404528 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are bitter, I believe you ANTHONY have thrown a few logs on the fire yourself.
"judge not lest yee be judged"
Matthew does say taht, but John the Beloved disciple of Jesus, teh one that He loved best, takes this idea even further and if you knew God, you would ahve know than.

according to the Word of God, it is permissable to judge another persons actions and lifestyle. sorry to bust your balloon, you buffoon.

7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

so even tho mr fraud says that he is a christian and a preacher, his lies indicate otherwise.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404529 Nov 24, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Every religious belief in the history of mankind had martyrs.
The Muslims that flew the planes into the WTC martyred themselves.
Put your own head on the chopping block if you are that strong a believer? I dare you.
If anyone today in america claimed they were dieing for some religious belief whether setting themselves on fire or some other form of death, I would believe everyone would say......they are crazy.
What say you?
Michael, I think you need to look up the definition of 'martyr'. Martyrs are those who are persecuted and killed for thier faith.
The mad men who killed themselves and murdered thousands of others were NOT martyrs. The where murderers. There is no comparison in the two.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404530 Nov 24, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really sad is that you don't care to do anything about the things that cause division among us, like your lifeless Idols and prayers to and for the dead etc.
And you say, ""Welcome in. to the comapany of the Blessed, united in the Holy Eucharist, which Catholics so often offered for your salvation, for that has been granted,"
How unbiblical and insulting to Jesus who paid for our Salvation.
why didnt you address the words that ROB said about mrs fraud "lying"?

is that not one of the commandments of God also?

your fraudlent behavior is just as bad as her lying, you do that, dont you?

and it will keep you out of heaven some day.

to lie about Jesus just aint nice and why do you people do that constantly? and please dont insult people on this forum by saying that you havent lied on here because you have.

John 18:9 proved that your lie about what transpired in the garden was a lie. this is the verse that you tried to use to prove that OSAS is true and Biblical.and all that it did was show your ignorance.

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

you can judge others, but your own lies will follow you to hell, and then osas will not help you.

as karen says, it is a Repentant Way, not a lying way
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404531 Nov 24, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions have a Spirit guiding them. After all, people are seeking something SPIRITUAL when pursuing God.
You are talking about a group of extremists. There are christian extremeists too. Remember 20 years ago all the planned parenthood offices were blown up........not done by Muslims.

Today we have many muslim/seiks living in our community. I have yet to see one of them carry a stick of dynamite. They seem like good people who keep to themselves.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404532 Nov 24, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Michael, I think you need to look up the definition of 'martyr'. Martyrs are those who are persecuted and killed for thier faith.
The mad men who killed themselves and murdered thousands of others were NOT martyrs. The where murderers. There is no comparison in the two.
What was the upside to martyr ones self? Does it further the cause? God would be angry if they didn't?

Look at the number of christians back in the day that killed people who would not conform to christianity? Heretics they were called.

Organized religion is the root cause of hatred towards others in our world. It is not the losing team of the superbowl that gets so angry.

The problem with organized religion is that the adherents have been taught ONLY ONE way from childhood. I remember. Doesn't matter what belief or faith structure. You are taught that you are right and everyone elese is wrong. God watches over you and not them, and that! is the core of the problem. IGNORANCE! arrogance and blatant hatred all because mom and dad didn't know better to teach us about all religions and those that have none and respect them for what they are, and never say "I am better than you"

There is no upside or positive outcome for any spiritual leader to say "WE ARE THE ONE TRUE CHURCH" and to hell with everyone else. That just claims ignorance, hatred and arrogance. You see it everyday on this forum.

Why would you want to stay in a belief that makes you look down on others?

No religion takes away all the hatred, and ignorance.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404533 Nov 24, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew does say taht, but John the Beloved disciple of Jesus, teh one that He loved best, takes this idea even further and if you knew God, you would ahve know than.
according to the Word of God, it is permissable to judge another persons actions and lifestyle. sorry to bust your balloon, you buffoon.
so even tho mr fraud says that he is a christian and a preacher, his lies indicate otherwise.
Michael says......

cor:14:33

"God is not the author of confusion".

......Yet never has a book proved more confusion than the writings in the bible. There are thousands of christian denominations and sects including yours, ALL using the "inspired scriptures" to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines.

Why do so many trained theologens differ with each other over scriptures?

Why do educated religious language translators disagree over Greek and hebrew meanings?

WHY SO MUCH CONFUSION!!

Shouldn't a document claimed by ALL these christians that was supposedly divinely inspired by an omniscient and ominpotent God be crystal clear to all?

The confusion continues as it has for the past 2,000 years.

BUSTED!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404534 Nov 24, 2012
Religious authorities do not know anything more about spirituality than you do posters. They read the same books you read, yet! they know how to manipulate your mind, and your future uncertainty for their own benefit.

Believe what I teach and your in! Don't believe and too bad for you.

Michael says....

NO THANKYOU......I will not subscribe to that.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404535 Nov 24, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew does say taht, but John the Beloved disciple of Jesus, teh one that He loved best, takes this idea even further and if you knew God, you would ahve know than.
What will you say PRESTON if down the road confrint. and KayMarie make it to heaven?

Will you continue with the arguing and name calling? Its a long way from HELL for them to hear you.(lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Tue God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE