Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,476)

Showing posts 389,501 - 389,520 of529,975
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Ah, yes, that old game...when you get caught doing wrong, attack and deny. You'd make a good lawyer, of the shyster variety. Shame on the both of you.
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, have you ever heard of Catholics going door to door preaching the catechism?
I'm not saying it can't happen. But if it did, like Kay said, it would be very very unusual.
-
-
OH! so you mean that when the Catholics went door to door gathering up all the "heretics" to torture and murder ... that wasn't considered preaching? and here I thought is was the Catholics was of gaining converts. silly me.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Ah, yes, that old game...when you get caught doing wrong, attack and deny. You'd make a good lawyer, of the shyster variety. Shame on the both of you.
-
-
Clay wrote:
Hey, have you ever heard of Catholics going door to door preaching the catechism?
I'm not saying it can't happen. But if it did, like Kay said, it would be very very unusual.
-
-
guest wrote:
OH! so you mean that when the Catholics went door to door gathering up all the "heretics" to torture and murder ... that wasn't considered preaching? and here I thought is was the Catholics was of gaining converts. silly me.
-
TYPO CORRECTION:
-
OH! so you mean that when the Catholics went door to door gathering up all the "heretics" to torture and murder ... that wasn't considered preaching? and here I thought IT was the Catholic's WAY of gaining converts. silly me.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm ...
I would agree with you ... in part ...
But ultimately, the most important aspect is goingbto be a new relationship with God thru Jesus ... a matter of being "reborn."
This part in particular really cannot take place until the age of reason.
While it is true that we as Catholics practice infant baptism, I seriously doubt it it truly ne essary for anyone who has not attained the age of reason.
To believe otherwise is to accept that God condemns those who have no fault of their own (save original sin), and have not yet attained an age where they could do anything about it.
Which strikes me as absurd. I'll grant, I don't know of any god to compare God to, but it seems to me that, if God is truly Good, He would not condemn unbaptised infants.
Jesus DID say it was necessary, but He also seems to make exceptions, such as the Good Thief.
I would say that being born of water and spirit would not ONLY be water baptism, but baptism that is accompanied (in the moment or at a later date) with a new relationship with God ... a rejecting of sin, a "putting on the new man."
We see this as happening at prep for first reconcilliation. I would say Baptists see this as perhaps altar call. In both cases, it is a matter of turning from sin, of repenting, of being "reborn."
Putting it in other words, of "being saved."
Rob
Rob
Interesting post by Rob, and the catholics were silent. Where did they go?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Words from my heart:

I once joined a church that declared that it was the only church that was going to heaven. It sounded reasonable at the time for reasons I won't explain. But that whole church (internationally) loved God, and studied His Word.
Eventually, they took a new look at John 3:16, and found that God loves the WORLD...not just their little group.

Jesus told His disciples to "Go into the world and make disciples..." Revelations declares that the number before God's throne would be from EVERY TRIBE, AND TONGUE, AND NATION. Scripture also declares that, "He that loves not, does not know God." I'm sure that that does not mean just one's little group, because Jesus told us to love our ENEMIES.

We are also instructed that, if we see one taken in a fault, those which are spiritual are to restore that one "in a spirit of meekness", considering themselves, lest they also be tempted.

Where is the meekness? Everything that I have told you IS TRUE, but I have been 'dogged' with 'liar' in nearly every post recently. I did write 'singing' instead of 'saying', because that is a common report of the angels. Also I gave BCN instead of Zionica (both Christian online news). Those were not 'lies'. There was no intent to deceive.

There is NO WAY that any of you could know whether the incidents that I gave were true...but you have called them lies without knowing if they were true, and in spite of being told that they were true. They are not hearsay...I was there.

"Bring EVERY thought into subjection to the mind of Christ." "The power of life and death are in the tongue."

For your own sake, give Jesus a chance with your heart. Perhaps your flesh is ruling your thoughts. I would hate to think that you have been taught to behave that way...if so, you need a new Teacher. This is why that we attempt to point out some of the fallacies in ANY denomination...not just the CC.

KayMarie
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
TYPO CORRECTION:
-
OH! so you mean that when the Catholics went door to door gathering up all the "heretics" to torture and murder ... that wasn't considered preaching? and here I thought IT was the Catholic's WAY of gaining converts. silly me.
You didn't need to correct your typo. We already know what your going to say before you post. Crusades crusades inquisition torture murder.

Did you do the responsible thing and learn about those events?
Orville

Battle Ground, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IGNORED!!!

Wisdom.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So Rob, if I undersstand your post correctly, you are saying that you don't believe that a person is "reborn" or as we would say "born again" or "Born from on high", when they are baptized as infants. Is that correct?
Lol. You can't divide One faith, One shepherd, and One fold. I know what Fr Rob is saying. He and Anthony are both correct.
The fact is, Christ wants YOU to bring your children into Christianity by the rite of Baptism by water. Just like the Jews did by circumcision. Its every bit as important because its what God wants.
Besides, what's it matter to you? Catholics say we make our Confirmation at an age of maturity,(an alter call if you will) but you say were going to hell anyway because we're not 'born again'.
Orville

Battle Ground, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Preston wrote:
<quoted text>let me make a prophecy to YOU.
you will apologize to me and make it RIGHT, or you will spend eternity in hell.
and I dont claim to be a Prophet.

Your spiritually delusional, deceived, and will never hear a utterance of repentance from me.

You are not Holy God. You believe so though.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He's correct, there is no evidence in the Gospels that cattle and other other animals were actually present. He's also correct in that scripture doesn't record the angels as singing their announcement of the birth of Christ.
You said otherwise. You're the one who's changing scripture, not the Pope. An apology would be nice.
I believe there may have been a few Camels lurking around to. What you want a bet.
I sure am glad my salvation is not based on wether they were or not. How about you ?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Philippians 2

King James Version (KJV)

2 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Happy Sabbath !!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Do you think anyone cares? I knew Dec 25th wasn't Our Lords real Birthday since i could remember. In school, it was never ever claimed to be His actual Birthday.
You got any other shocking stuff? lol
Clay Where did I say anything about December 25th? Do you celebrate your birthday on a different day than it actually is?......... Maybe you do.(lol)

The pope just stated in his new book, as many scholars and lay people have been saying for years that Christian only Jesus was born years before the church tradition claimed he was originally born. Did you not read about that this week?

If you don't know the actual birthday of Jesus, and now the Pope is fiddling with what actual year he was supposedly born, that CLEARLY shows Clay that your church doesn't know much at all about Jesus, now does it?

You and HOJO are #1 at making up apologies or excuses for your church about important issues that can't be verified by anyone, and then you get this defensive anger going.

If you believe this holy spirit is suppose to be guiding mother church, why didn't the holy spirit break this news to the pope back in the 6th century that important church dates were wrong?

Does that sound like a church with its shite together?\

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael, these things only matter to you. I think if you close your eyes for a second, you'll see that your an idiot for trying to blow this up. Sometimes you fall off the deep end in your rabid frenzy to embarrass and bring down the Church. Sorry bro, you will fail. You will die someday, and the Church will still be going....looooong after you kick the bucket.
My friend Clay

Be specific and post back what information I am posting is incorrect?

If your church one day does blow up, please! Clay start blaming the ones from within who would cause this, not me for pointing them out.

I post factual information that you just don't want to know about. An intelligent person would want to know everything about his church, good and bad.

Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay Where did I say anything about December 25th? Do you celebrate your birthday on a different day than it actually is?......... Maybe you do.(lol)
The pope just stated in his new book, as many scholars and lay people have been saying for years that Christian only Jesus was born years before the church tradition claimed he was originally born. Did you not read about that this week?
If you don't know the actual birthday of Jesus, and now the Pope is fiddling with what actual year he was supposedly born, that CLEARLY shows Clay that your church doesn't know much at all about Jesus, now does it?
You and HOJO are #1 at making up apologies or excuses for your church about important issues that can't be verified by anyone, and then you get this defensive anger going.
If you believe this holy spirit is suppose to be guiding mother church, why didn't the holy spirit break this news to the pope back in the 6th century that important church dates were wrong?
Does that sound like a church with its shite together?\
UNBELIEVABLE!
I did read the article. Sorry man, there was nothing shocking in it. I don't know what to tell you mike. I never once thought the Church (or anyone) could possibly know the exact yr Christ was born.
Its not like Mary and Joseph took Him Chunk E. Cheese every year for His Birthday.

And why would the Holy Spirit feel the need to reveal the actual date?
If you were adopted and did not know your actual Birthday, would it lesson the significance of your birth and life?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He's correct, there is no evidence in the Gospels that cattle and other other animals were actually present. He's also correct in that scripture doesn't record the angels as singing their announcement of the birth of Christ.
You said otherwise. You're the one who's changing scripture, not the Pope. An apology would be nice.
Regina M. says......... there is no evidence in the Gospels that cattle and other other animals were actually present. He's also correct in that scripture doesn't record the angels as singing their announcement of the birth of Christ.

Michael says.......

If you and all other catholics claim to know the bible, as you state above, why did it take you until now to acknowledge that there were no little toy animals or angels in the nativity scene?

......so! have you removed the little toy cows, goats, and burros from your nativity scene that you had corraled in the manger for the past 50 years? Have you removed the little toy angels that appeared to be singing?

I am sure Ebay is now going to be flooded with millions of toy farm animals, and little angels.(lol)

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>maybe a little of both,well a lot of being dishonest. he came on here being a fraud and she is just like him. the devil has yoked them equal.
when you see that people like them follow the likes of benny hinn, that clue sticks out as to the character that they possess.
Benny Hinn is a Fake!
by David J. Stewart
At Benny Hinn's crusades—he dazzles the crowds, plays captivating music, and manipulates the emotions of the audience; BUT, he is not of God. What is happening is not of God. Benny Hinn is a master con artist, who fully understands the human psyche. I was watching one of Benny Hinn's crusades the other day on TV. At first impression, Benny Hinn appears as a man of God. He has that curious and distinguishing look that mesmerizes the crowds. Benny Hinn comes across as an extremely interesting character, with the power to hypnotize the masses with his charm, music, and exploitation of the Bible.
As I watched Benny Hinn perform on stage, it reminded me more of a rock star in concert. There were many thousands of people in the audience, and no doubt, millions more on TV. Just as rock-n-roll fans, the audience was in the palm of the performer, Benny Hinn. Hinn never mentioned the word "sin," never mentioned the word "Saviour," but just kept talking about how wonderful Jesus is. This is one of Satan's greatest deceptions.
We read in Acts16:16-18, "And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour." Just as the demon possessed woman in Acts 16:17 who spoke the truth while also serving the Devil, so does Benny Hinn and mr fraud speak of Jesus Christ while serving the Devil.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/benny_h...
As Benny Hinn steps into his 2013 Mercedes, do you really think Benny cares what you say about him?

"judge not less yee be judged" Preston...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend Clay
Be specific and post back what information I am posting is incorrect?
If your church one day does blow up, please! Clay start blaming the ones from within who would cause this, not me for pointing them out.
I post factual information that you just don't want to know about. An intelligent person would want to know everything about his church, good and bad.
Im curious to know everything there is to know about my Church.
You don't offer anything fresh or shocking to me.
Sorry man. But a Priest getting a DWI (hypotheticaly) has nothing to do with the validity or significance of the Roman Catholic Church. You post crap just to throw dirt on the Church because you somehow have bitterness towards God (or the idea of a God).

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......not to forget the donkey and talking snake both spoke fluent hebrew, and neither one of them knew the alphabet or had vocal chords.
Lets not forget the unforgetable story of Jonah almost drowning and God sends a BIG FISH for Jonah and spends 3 days swimming around in the belly of this big fish. Try that today people? Who was there to record such a story?
FACT?? or FICTION??
ALL TRUE STORIES!
Raise your hands in the air!!....ITS A MIRACLE!!!
I like the 3 little pigs story better......
do you believe what this woman claims? that god told her to drive 100 mph?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read the article. Sorry man, there was nothing shocking in it. I don't know what to tell you mike. I never once thought the Church (or anyone) could possibly know the exact yr Christ was born.
Its not like Mary and Joseph took Him Chunk E. Cheese every year for His Birthday.
And why would the Holy Spirit feel the need to reveal the actual date?
If you were adopted and did not know your actual Birthday, would it lesson the significance of your birth and life?
Pope says christianity has made a miscalculation of important events and dates.

1) There is no basis for historical fact of the birth year of Jesus.
2) There is no basis for hsitorcal fact of December 25
3) There is no basis for historical fact of farm animals in the nativity scene that all catholics originally believed and practiced.

What is coming down the pipe next Clay?

Clay says......did read the article. Sorry man, there was nothing shocking in it. I don't know what to tell you mike. I never once thought the Church (or anyone) could possibly know the exact yr Christ was born.

Michael says....

Don't know the birthday and year of the most important man in christianity? Don't know what he did for a living to support himself? Don't even know what this man looked like? Don't know the dates of the crucixion and resurrection yet christians claim these to be the MOST IMPORTANT dates on their calendar? How can you say you know Jesus when you don't know anything about him?

Clay says.......how could anyone know the exact year?

Michael says......Julius Cesaer we know plenty!

) Born July 100 BC in Subura Rome

) Died March 15, 44 BC. age 55.

) We know what he did for a living.

4) We know what he looked like as we still have coins today that depict his image.

5) Many Mulitiple sources of information about this man.

----------

Jesus we know nothing! really!

You tell me what I posted that upsets you? I posted the truth. How can the truth upset you so?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>YEAH, WE KNOW THAT TRUTH IS WANTING IN you.
btw, if you even use one lower case leter, the rest of your caps will go through.
Professional railer ignored for want of truth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>YEAH, WE KNOW THAT TRUTH IS WANTING IN you.
btw, if you even use one lower case leter, the rest of your caps will go through.
Professional railer ignored for want of truth

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 389,501 - 389,520 of529,975
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••