Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,481 - 389,500 of 532,793 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Apology for what?
Where is you apology for misrepresenting the words of Jesus...
BUT LIE ON JESUS CHRIST...THE SON OF GOD..
where is the apology from your wife when she LIED about jesus speaking in tongues?

you point your fingers at others but you two do even worse.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
JUST DON'T HOLD YOUR SANCTIMONIOUS BREATH TILL YOU RECEIVE AN APOLOGY.
NEITHER OF US OWE YOU ANYTHING.
Ah, yes, that old game...when you get caught doing wrong, attack and deny. You'd make a good lawyer, of the shyster variety. Shame on the both of you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>where is the apology from your wife when she LIED about jesus speaking in tongues?
you point your fingers at others but you two do even worse.
~~~

IGNORED!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes, that old game...when you get caught doing wrong, attack and deny. You'd make a good lawyer, of the shyster variety. Shame on the both of you.
. hush, that charlatan is going to sue me for slander, dont let him think that he is as smart as a lawyer.

anyway, they have no shame, that is why they are holy rollers, following the likes of benny hinn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IGNORED FOR WANT OF TRUTH...
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>. hush, that charlatan is going to sue me for slander, dont let him think that he is as smart as a lawyer.
anyway, they have no shame, that is why they are holy rollers, following the likes of benny hinn
Nah, he'd only wind up perjuring himself and be held in contempt. Wait...no, don't let me say it, lol. Actually, pity is more like it. I really feel sorry for them.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
Yes, that's what we want...for you to tell the truth. Come on now, you can do it if you try really, really hard. It doesn't hurt a bit. It'll be over before you know it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
I'll make you a deal. You show me why I should not be Catholic and if it checks out, I will leave.
Easy right?
I will warn you, that I will research whatever you tell me. I been down this road with lots of different Protestant sects..I was looking for a new 'church' once before. They didn't check out. Basically, I caught them lying about Catholicism. It seems they can't exist without being deceitful. I never ever heard the Catholic Church lie about them.. nuff said.
Just to forewarn you, I am prepared for you to call me a liar...that seems to be the mode of operation here.
HOWEVER, a man came to our church one night, and attempted to preach Catholicism to me. As we talked, he boasted that he had attended a Pentecostal church for TWO YEARS...also boasting that the pastor was not aware of his affiliation.
He told me that Mary was born of the Immaculate Conception, else she could not have carried the baby Jesus. I said, "Well, that let's you and me out, doesn't it?"
Shocked, he asked WHY? I said, if she had to be sinless to carry His body in her womb, we cannot carry Him IN OUR HEART.
KayMarie
I won't call you a liar, Kay. But you should understand, that in all my life as a Catholic, I never once heard of a Catholic going door to door preaching the Catechism.

As for Mary? She carried Jesus Christ (God) into this world. Her womb is the Holiest of Arks. Her body fed Him when He was a Baby.
Yes, He is in our hearts. But if you can't see the difference then there is something wrong with you.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
YEAH, WE KNOW THAT TRUTH IS WANTING IN you.

btw, if you even use one lower case leter, the rest of your caps will go through.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, he'd only wind up perjuring himself and be held in contempt. Wait...no, don't let me say it, lol. Actually, pity is more like it. I really feel sorry for them.
I started having contempt for him not long after he came on line back in 08.

no wonder he got kicked off of this forum by Topix, and we should put that example in the World book of Guiness.

the ONLY person to get kicked off of topix.

no one can beat that record.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, have you ever heard of Catholics going door to door preaching the catechism?
I'm not saying it can't happen. But if it did, like Kay said, it would be very very unusual.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, have you ever heard of Catholics going door to door preaching the catechism?
I'm not saying it can't happen. But if it did, like Kay said, it would be very very unusual.
read Luke 10:7.

dont beleive anything that she tells you
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, can't say that I have. Another one of her 'Catholic' stories. You're very kind, Clay. I tried being kind earlier today, even agreed with her to an extent. She wasn't interested in having a nice discussion. Kind doesn't seem to work around here. Oh, well.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. As Anthony reminded me, Advent is just around the corner!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
I won't call you a liar, Kay. But you should understand, that in all my life as a Catholic, I never once heard of a Catholic going door to door preaching the Catechism.
As for Mary? She carried Jesus Christ (God) into this world. Her womb is the Holiest of Arks. Her body fed Him when He was a Baby.
Yes, He is in our hearts. But if you can't see the difference then there is something wrong with you.

Thank you , Clay. I do understand, and I only experienced it one time. The man was very open about it, because he was from California, and was returning the next day. He wasn't concerned that I might do something about it.

Yes, I know the difference. But Jesus' body was flesh, and fed entirely from Mary's body. His Spirit was/is the same Spirit in which we are baptized. Jesus said of His Spirit, "He is WITH you, but He shall be IN you."

KayMarie
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm ...
I would agree with you ... in part ...
But ultimately, the most important aspect is goingbto be a new relationship with God thru Jesus ... a matter of being "reborn."
This part in particular really cannot take place until the age of reason.
While it is true that we as Catholics practice infant baptism, I seriously doubt it it truly ne essary for anyone who has not attained the age of reason.
Rob
So Rob, if I undersstand your post correctly, you are saying that you don't believe that a person is "reborn" or as we would say "born again" or "Born from on high", when they are baptized as infants. Is that correct?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

I WISH YOU ENOUGH.

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport as the daughter's departure had been announced. St
anding near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said:

"I love you and I wish you enough."

The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom." They kissed and the daughter left.

The mother walked over to the window where I sat. Standing there, I could see she wanted and needed to cry.

I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?" "Yes, I have," I replied. "Forgive me for asking but why is this a forever good-bye?"

"I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is the next trip back will be for my funeral," she said.

When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?"

She began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more.

"When we said 'I wish you enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them". Then turning toward me, she shared the following, reciting it from memory,

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."

She then began to cry and walked away.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person. An hour to appreciate them. A day to love them. And an entire life to forget them.

- Author Unknown

Like Share about an hour ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your shtick is incredibly annoying. It gets in the way of anything interesting you might have.
Thank you
Clayblablah
24Nov12.....

....Yer jest annudder jealous eeejit.

Ps:....BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to you 'diClay'...there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Freakshow TOOL. Catholic teaching is the same as Babylonion teaching in the 3rd century. You are Pagan, the catholic church is Pagan AS BABYLON. False Religion is all Catholic. Search it out for your eternal future. I donot lie Sir.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

who="Clay"
Thank you , Clay. I do understand, and I only experienced it one time. The man was very open about it, because he was from California, and was returning the next day. He wasn't concerned that I might do something about it.
Yes, I know the difference. But Jesus' body was flesh, and fed entirely from Mary's body. His Spirit was/is the same Spirit in which we are baptized. Jesus said of His Spirit, "He is WITH you, but He shall be IN you."
KayMarie
You are a true FREAKSHOW......Catholic teaching is the same as Babylonian teaching..a Pagan nation, world power in the 3rd century. Your religion today, as always.....is PAGAN....Do the research yourself...it's true. Catholics are responsible for 12 crusades...the Inquisitions...Catholics are full of BLOOD. Learn for your well-being.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>hojo,you may not worhip an idol of a calf,or a god that is foreign to the LORD our God,but any statue of Jesus is clearly breaking the first commandment.Jesus is G O D,is He not?Any image of Him is a false representation of WHO and what He is as being part of the Godhead,and that most of all He is the fulfilment of the Godhead,B O D I L Y.
That even moreso should not allow the people of God to make an image of the Fulfillment of the Godhead Bodily.The RCC has broken the first commandment and continues to do so every time it produces images of Jesus,Mary and anyone else that is connected with faith in God,the ONLY ONE who told His people to never make a graven image of such things or of people that represent the Living God.

[QUOTE who="Pad"]<quoted text>hojo,you may not worhip an idol of a calf,or a god that is foreign to the LORD our God,but any statue of Jesus is clearly breaking the first commandment.
Pad--you continue to rely on your anti-catholic "pot of propaganda" to bail you out of any discussion. That my friend is the "only thing" that is clear to you. You continue to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which is "no surprise to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of Church History. If you have "any knowledge" of apostolic Church History---of which you obviously have "none" you would know that statutes in Churches were icons used in the Churches (before the bible was put into print in 1440 by Guetenberg who invented the printing press. Icons were a part of the worship in the Church as partitioners were given a "visible idea" as to what Jesus or His apostoles looked like...... Catholics "DO NOT" worship idols, never have and never will,despite the ongoing "lies" that are spread by bible only Protestants,(like you) who rely on "Protestant Propaganda" in order to keep their bible only "leaking" boat from sinking!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 48 min Maverick 8,150
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••