Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,705
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#404408 Nov 23, 2012
who="Clay"
What about a photo of a Saint?
Can we hang a picture of Mother Theresa, but then take it down once she is declared a Saint?
Trying to understand you logic if there is any.
Many Saints from the 20th century has their photo taken. Catholics sometimes display them in our Churches and homes. No? Are we worshiping it?
Help me out here Marge, It seems you are an authority on the do's and don'ts...

Moses was permitted to see a portion of God's form. Num.12:8

The children of Israel heard the voice of God, but Moses said, "You saw no similitude (form). Deut. 4:12. Moses continued to tell them that they were not to corrupt THEMSELVES by making an image, supposedly of God. God is a Spirit, and it is literally impossible for man to reveal Him with images.(Thou shalt make NO graven images.) No man has seen Him, how could they 'picture' Him?

Teresa is no more a saint AFTER canonization by the CC, than she was before. Either she WAS a saint beforehand, or she is NOT one afterwards. God is the One Who determines who the saints are. There are many saints in the Body of Christ.

To display a picture of Teresa AS A SAINT, is to show respect that belongs to God alone. To show a picture of her as a friend or a great person (there are many), is different.

KayMarie

KayMarie

#404409 Nov 23, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think your wife is very honest if she's unwilling to admit she's wrong about her post this morning, or you either since you defend her dishonesty.
No, I don't trust you or your witnesses. You have a poor track record.
~~~

I'm not going to lose any sleep.... over how you feel about me...

You nor your Church bore my sins to the Cross of Calvary and died for me that I might be saved, and have eternal life with Christ...

Your Church never shed one drop of blood for my salvation.

I don't propagate an earthly institution,.... store relics, bow before

statues, icons or idols,

confess my sins to another man on earth.

nor trust my soul to the conjecture of a catechism traditions or a pope

I am whom God says I am...and neither you nor.... "Preston the railer." carry any weight with God, against me.

It is before My own master,.... God the Father..that ... I stand or fall...

Rom_14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I don't claim to be perfect...but I strive to please God.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404410 Nov 23, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
??
What in the world are you talking about? Do you even know?
And where's that apology?
You can't understand that line...but you want an apology?
KM
Oh, you're a slick one...or so you think. You made a false accusation and you can't bring yourself to apologize or even retract it. Okay, noted.

No, I don't understand that line because it makes no sense. You don't understand it either. You haven't a clue as to what you're talking about and are just slinging mud. Also noted.
Anthony MN

United States

#404411 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
I'm not going to lose any sleep.... over how you feel about me...
You nor your Church bore my sins to the Cross of Calvary and died for me that I might be saved, and have eternal life with Christ...
Your Church never shed one drop of blood for my salvation.
I don't propagate an earthly institution,.... store relics, bow before
statues, icons or idols,
confess my sins to another man on earth.
nor trust my soul to the conjecture of a catechism traditions or a pope
I am whom God says I am...and neither you nor.... "Preston the railer." carry any weight with God, against me.
It is before My own master,.... God the Father..that ... I stand or fall...
Rom_14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
I don't claim to be perfect...but I strive to please God.
I need no other proof of you and your wife's intentional dishonesty than her post this morning and your continued defense of her actions. You're striving isn't working right now. An apology might get you back on track.

#404412 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
??
What in the world are you talking about? Do you even know?
And where's that apology?
~~~
Apology for what?

Where is you apology for misrepresenting the words of Jesus...

In Matthew 16:17-19...

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

JESUS SAID NOTHING HERE THAT REMOTELY RESEMBLES A POPE NOR PAPAL SUCCESSION...

A DYNASTY IN ROME...NOR ANY OF THE OTHER MYTHS THAT YOUR CHURCH HAS CONJURED UP...

YOU DEFEND YOUR POPE...BUT LIE ON JESUS CHRIST...THE SON OF GOD..

#404414 Nov 23, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I need no other proof of you and your wife's intentional dishonesty than her post this morning and your continued defense of her actions. You're striving isn't working right now. An apology might get you back on track.
~~~
Apology for what?

Where is your apology for misrepresenting the words of Jesus...

In Matthew 16:17-19...

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

JESUS SAID NOTHING HERE THAT REMOTELY RESEMBLES A POPE NOR PAPAL SUCCESSION...

A DYNASTY IN ROME...NOR ANY OF THE OTHER MYTHS THAT YOUR CHURCH HAS CONJURED UP...

YOU DEFEND YOUR POPE...BUT LIE ON JESUS CHRIST...THE SON OF GOD..

If you spent as much time your time and cared about defending JESUS CHRIST...THE SON OF GOD... and the gospel..as you do your pope...and your pagan church

You just might learn what true salvation really is..

Mat 11:24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Mat 11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404415 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Apology for what?
For the lie your charming wife told. It would be prudent to apologize and move on rather than dig a deeper hole. Then again, it would have been more prudent to not have done it in the first place.

#404416 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
For the lie your charming wife told. It would be prudent to apologize and move on rather than dig a deeper hole. Then again, it would have been more prudent to not have done it in the first place.
~~~
JUST DON'T HOLD YOUR SANCTIMONIOUS BREATH TILL YOU RECEIVE AN APOLOGY.
NEITHER OF US OWE YOU ANYTHING.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404417 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
how about God, do you owe Him anything?

some day, old man, your soul will be required of you, for the lies that you have told on this forum and your wife as well.

you mock God now, but someday you wont.

BTW, benny hinn cant help you at that time

#404418 Nov 23, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

An apology might get you back on track.

WITH WHOM

I HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY TO YOU..ONLY TO GOD..

I AM NOT A CATHOLIC PUPPET.

I HAVE NO STRINGS ATTACHED TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

MY RESPONSIBILITY TOWARD YOU IS TO CONFRONT YOU WITH THE WORD OF GOD..

WHICH I HAVE FOR YEARS...AND YOU HAVE PAID IT NO MIND...

I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY ONE OF YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS REQUIRE AN

APOLOGY FOR THE EVIL THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN SAID AND THE IGNORANCE

THAT YOU ALL HAVE EXPRESSED ABOUT GOD'S WORD OVER THE YEARS.

YET YOU REQUIRE AN APOLOGY OVER YOU POPE....

QUESTION

Where is your loyalty to Christ and the truth of God's word?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#404419 Nov 23, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
That would mean sunday night too. But some people say people around the world count differently and I am sure someone would come up with some far reaching reason that 3 nights wasn't exactly how it indicates (lol)
Doesn't matter, christian writers created the story that sunday was going to be the day. If the story was Jesus died on a thursday the scriptures would say he was 4 days in the tomb. Saturday WOULD NEVER BE THE DAY! because that was the Jewish sabbath and christianity has done everything to take the Jew out of Jesus and distance themselves from the Jews their customs/traditions.
Interesting that we know all these little details about a guard posted at the tomb and that he mysteriously fell asleep, etc. but when it comes to the actual person that the story is about we know nothing about him. No one days Jesus date of birth, what he did for 31 years up until his ministry nothing!, don't know what he looked like, don't know what he did for a living to feed himself, and the most important dates his death and resurrection and no one thought they were important enough to save or record?
makes no common sense......I smell agenda.
I don't know Michael. What does a genda smell like?
preston

Waverly, OH

#404420 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Apology for what?
Where is you apology for misrepresenting the words of Jesus...
BUT LIE ON JESUS CHRIST...THE SON OF GOD..
where is the apology from your wife when she LIED about jesus speaking in tongues?

you point your fingers at others but you two do even worse.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404421 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Ah, yes, that old game...when you get caught doing wrong, attack and deny. You'd make a good lawyer, of the shyster variety. Shame on the both of you.

#404422 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>where is the apology from your wife when she LIED about jesus speaking in tongues?
you point your fingers at others but you two do even worse.
~~~

IGNORED!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#404423 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes, that old game...when you get caught doing wrong, attack and deny. You'd make a good lawyer, of the shyster variety. Shame on the both of you.
. hush, that charlatan is going to sue me for slander, dont let him think that he is as smart as a lawyer.

anyway, they have no shame, that is why they are holy rollers, following the likes of benny hinn

#404424 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IGNORED FOR WANT OF TRUTH...
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404425 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>. hush, that charlatan is going to sue me for slander, dont let him think that he is as smart as a lawyer.
anyway, they have no shame, that is why they are holy rollers, following the likes of benny hinn
Nah, he'd only wind up perjuring himself and be held in contempt. Wait...no, don't let me say it, lol. Actually, pity is more like it. I really feel sorry for them.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404426 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Yes, that's what we want...for you to tell the truth. Come on now, you can do it if you try really, really hard. It doesn't hurt a bit. It'll be over before you know it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#404427 Nov 23, 2012
Clay wrote:
I'll make you a deal. You show me why I should not be Catholic and if it checks out, I will leave.
Easy right?
I will warn you, that I will research whatever you tell me. I been down this road with lots of different Protestant sects..I was looking for a new 'church' once before. They didn't check out. Basically, I caught them lying about Catholicism. It seems they can't exist without being deceitful. I never ever heard the Catholic Church lie about them.. nuff said.
Just to forewarn you, I am prepared for you to call me a liar...that seems to be the mode of operation here.
HOWEVER, a man came to our church one night, and attempted to preach Catholicism to me. As we talked, he boasted that he had attended a Pentecostal church for TWO YEARS...also boasting that the pastor was not aware of his affiliation.
He told me that Mary was born of the Immaculate Conception, else she could not have carried the baby Jesus. I said, "Well, that let's you and me out, doesn't it?"
Shocked, he asked WHY? I said, if she had to be sinless to carry His body in her womb, we cannot carry Him IN OUR HEART.
KayMarie
I won't call you a liar, Kay. But you should understand, that in all my life as a Catholic, I never once heard of a Catholic going door to door preaching the Catechism.

As for Mary? She carried Jesus Christ (God) into this world. Her womb is the Holiest of Arks. Her body fed Him when He was a Baby.
Yes, He is in our hearts. But if you can't see the difference then there is something wrong with you.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404428 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
YEAH, WE KNOW THAT TRUTH IS WANTING IN you.

btw, if you even use one lower case leter, the rest of your caps will go through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 10 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE