Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,441 - 389,460 of 538,979 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#404379 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>when I got Saved, I quit the sinning business, a clear indication that she and mr fraud arent Christians.
but dont worry, I dont expect you to know the difference.
it takes a person that has passed the 3rd grade to know that.

So, your declaring to be "sinless". Imagine, what would jesus have done had it not been for Preston?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#404380 Nov 23, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>You will find the Toilet paper in Isle #5
LOL
Hey 7th, I don't have to be Catholic you know? I have a choice.

None of ya offer anything that makes sense. In fact....I question some peoples actual faith in Jesus Christ.
Because, they seem to think He established a hidden secret Church and then 'revealed' it 1800 yrs after He died, by using the 'born again' movement or the SDA people - who carefully deciphered the secrets of the Bible!!
Bottom line, Christ promised to be with His Church until the end of time. He wasn't lying.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404381 Nov 23, 2012
The entire christian calendar screwed up says the Pope!

We have to move all the dates of historic events in christianity back a few years, we don't know exactly how many years. Make your own guess!

First time in HISTORY the roman catholic church admits making a mistake.

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404382 Nov 23, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
Because you didn't just "mention" it. You said it was recorded in scripture, that the Pope changed it. LTM high-fived you. You were both wrong. An apology would be nice.
Portion of pope's book review:
"According to the pope's research, there is also no evidence in the Gospels that the cattle and other animals traditionally pictured gathered around the manger were actually present.
Pope debunks Christmas myths
He also debunks the claim that angels sang at the birth, a staple theme of Christmas carols."
KayMarie
He's correct, there is no evidence in the Gospels that cattle and other other animals were actually present. He's also correct in that scripture doesn't record the angels as singing their announcement of the birth of Christ.

You said otherwise. You're the one who's changing scripture, not the Pope. An apology would be nice.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#404383 Nov 23, 2012
Michael wrote:
The entire christian calendar is based on miscalculation.(LOL) WHAT!
I knew that when I was 10.
Doesn't matter what dates are changed or what traditions disappear, December 23 will always be "HAPPY FESTIVUS"
Wouldn't one believe the holy spirit would have tweeted all the previous popes and said, hey guys your christian calender is @$#%-ed Up!
Not a peep.
Late night TV is going to have a field day with this. The pope admitting that the entire christian calendar is off by MANY YEARS!
UNBELIEVABLE!
What? Do you think anyone cares? I knew Dec 25th wasn't Our Lords real Birthday since i could remember. In school, it was never ever claimed to be His actual Birthday.
You got any other shocking stuff? lol
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#404384 Nov 23, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Another monkey wrench!
The pope will probably write another book and report more miscalculations, and now state that DECEMBER 25TH is the real date of the birth of Jesus in 14 BCE, or 7 BCE, or 9 BCE....etc.
Over the past 2,000 years, Hundreds of millions of catholic laity, nuns, priests, bishops, cardinals, popes, all went to their graves not knowing that Jesus was actually born several years before what the church tradition taught them.
Michael, these things only matter to you. I think if you close your eyes for a second, you'll see that your an idiot for trying to blow this up. Sometimes you fall off the deep end in your rabid frenzy to embarrass and bring down the Church. Sorry bro, you will fail. You will die someday, and the Church will still be going....looooong after you kick the bucket.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#404385 Nov 23, 2012
who="Robert F"
KayMarie
Your going to have to show me that the 14th day of the first month was "likely" to have been a Thursday....
At best you would be guessing. At worst wrong.
We have no way of determining the exact time of the year when we compare our calendar with the Jewish calendar. And the calendar of the Jewish year was so very fluid during the time of Jesus, there is no way of determining what is likely or what is not likely....
Instead we must turn to the Gospels and Jesus being the fulfilment of the O.T., which support Friday as the Passover....

As the Jewish calendar (there are more than one) is/are different from the one that we use, it might be impossible. This is where scripture comes in.
Do you believe that Jesus lied??? He said that He would be in the grave/tomb as Jonah was in the whale. That means three days. In order for the Resurrection to occur on the first day of the week, He would have had to be buried on Thursday. An evening and a morning being one day (God said in Genesis).

Thursday p.m. to Friday a.m. One day
Friday p.m. to Saturday a.m. Second day
Saturday p.m. to Sunday a.m. Third day

Jesus prophecy = three days
Scriptural fact = Resurrection was on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

The fourteenth day of the month might have been any day of the week.

Also, there were times when there were back-to-back sabbaths. One sabbath was determined by counting a certain number of days from a special sabbath, the appointed sabbath was one day after the ordinary sabbath of that week. This meant that in one weeks time there would be three sabbaths.

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#404386 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He's correct, there is no evidence in the Gospels that cattle and other other animals were actually present. He's also correct in that scripture doesn't record the angels as singing their announcement of the birth of Christ.
You said otherwise. You're the one who's changing scripture, not the Pope. An apology would be nice.
I can't wait to read the book.

These guys don't even have a clue what Christmas is.

Christ's Mass.
Anthony MN

United States

#404387 Nov 23, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
You attempted to shame the pope and Catholics on the board this morning by mocking what he wrote in his book, and you were proven to not know what you were talking about. Who taught you to do that?
Reporting on a book that the Pope wrote was not 'shaming' him. Either he is right, or he is not. "and" Catholics ??? Truth does not shame those who are honest.
I didn't call YOU Sapphira...
KayMarie
Go back and read your post, you weren't "reporting" on his book, you were ridiculing him and what you thought was his mis-reading of Luke. You were mistaken.

I feel sorry for you in allowing your pride to take over.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#404388 Nov 23, 2012
Michael wrote:
The entire christian calendar screwed up says the Pope!
We have to move all the dates of historic events in christianity back a few years, we don't know exactly how many years. Make your own guess!
First time in HISTORY the roman catholic church admits making a mistake.
Michael

Since you don't know what the year is now, that makes all records invalid. Your birth certificate is invalid. Your baptismal date is invalid. Your confirmation is invalid. Your school records are wrong. You have no traceablity. You don't exist.

All the history you think you know is now wrong. Everyone you quote is wrong. All the ancient dates are now wrong....Your thinking is now all wrong....You haven't got a clue as to anything anymore. You don't exist.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404389 Nov 23, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to play your use of many names as if it is "natural" did not work.
And your B.S. to pass on the varuios cities to TOPOX is equall B.S.
Odd, that only "Preston" has exclusive "cities" attached to your "Names".
Then you tried to further diminish your fables by stating " I WAS FROM MY PRIVATE FORUM".
Oh really? A private Forum?!!!! Must be for "Preaches" only eh?
Perhaps a "Gay-Preacher's" forum. Romans have many "Gay" and Pedophile forums.
atemcowboy

Since: Jan 08

Greenville, OH
atemcowboy

Marion, OH

looks like TOPIX SHOWS HOW MUCH OF AN IDIOT THAT YOU ARE BUT DONT WORRY, EVEYONE KNEW IT.

and I dont even know where greenville is, you should have seen me laughing when they had in sinking springs, ohio.

YOU CAN TRY YOUR BEST TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD, BUT YOU WILL NEVER CLEAN YOUR OWN SLATE UNTIL YOU APOLOGIZE TO ME.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404390 Nov 23, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Do you think anyone cares? I knew Dec 25th wasn't Our Lords real Birthday since i could remember. In school, it was never ever claimed to be His actual Birthday.
You got any other shocking stuff? lol
I think that he saw Elvis fishing on the Mckenzie River, but dont tell anyone.k?
Anthony MN

United States

#404391 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"Truth does not shame those who are honest.
THEN NOTHING THAT I WRITE HERE AND BACK IT UP WITH SCRIPTURES SHOULD SHAME YOU.
YOU GIVE NO REBUTTAL FROM THE SCRIPTURE...ALL YOU DO IS ATTACK ME
AS A PERSON.
AS FOR THE EVENTS I HAVE GIVEN...EVEN IF I PRODUCED WITNESSES WITNESSES
YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THEM EITHER ...NOW WOULD YOU..
I don't think your wife is very honest if she's unwilling to admit she's wrong about her post this morning, or you either since you defend her dishonesty.

No, I don't trust you or your witnesses. You have a poor track record.
marge

Ames, IA

#404392 Nov 23, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>Marge I have A question for you.If it say's in most king james bibles in the concordance that the words lord god baal were added to his name because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken and so that mortal man changed his name and made him a god the very thing he warns you not to worship gods and or gods. then why do you???????And as you know the scriptures are derived from the dead sea scrolls wrote in Hebrew it reads YHWH In short Yahweh And at the time their was never a j in the Hebrew language how can his son's name be jesus.Please help me to understand this.And I ask people if they ever heard about Yahweh most say no and then the ones who do say yes Yahweh god...My point here is nothing makes the creator a god but for mankind...And also he tells us the you will cause them to forget my name
And anyone is free to answer this question.
And here is another tid bit you know those energy drinks the monsters those are Hebrew letters that represent the numbers 666
Well the New Testament was written in Greek... maybe someone else can answer that.

Do you not believe the prophesy in the Old Testament about God the Father sending us a Savior, His Son, to be born of a virgin?

Look up the word Messiah.

God with us.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404393 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>atemcowboy
Greenville, OH
atemcowboy
Marion, OH
looks like TOPIX SHOWS HOW MUCH OF AN IDIOT THAT YOU ARE BUT DONT WORRY, EVEYONE KNEW IT.
and I dont even know where greenville is, you should have seen me laughing when they had in sinking springs, ohio.
YOU CAN TRY YOUR BEST TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD, BUT YOU WILL NEVER CLEAN YOUR OWN SLATE UNTIL YOU APOLOGIZE TO ME.
The same thing happens to me, Preston. Topix hasn't gotten my correct town once in all the time I've been on here, they're not even close.
Anthony MN

United States

#404394 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>at least soem people have come to that same conclusion that I have.
I have said time and time again that I have to DEFEND myself against his attacks and as soon as he comes on here, he attacks me, just as he did today.
Yesterday was so nice not having him and his wife throwing lies and slurs arond constantly.
your nick gien to him and are fit them pefectly.
Ananias and Saphriria.
One lies and the other agrees to it.there is NO way that they ahve studed the Bible for 125 , both are very ignorant.
when a person states the Truth, they do not hav e to go back and change their story constantly, that is the Mark of a Liar.
How can you tell if someone is a pathological liar?
•Obviously, they will contradict what they say. This will become very clear over time. They usually aren't smart enough to keep track of so many lies (who would be?).
Another WikiAnswers contributor adds:
•They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.
•They add exaggerations to every sentence.
•They change their story all the time.
•They act very defensively when you question their statements.
•They believe what they say is true, when everyone else knows it isn't.
this fits Saphriria perfectly, remember the story about the nun and the wine.
Yeah, I really don't know what to think of those two.

Kay says she was taught never to shame "human creation", but her actions speak otherwise. I can only guess that she's either dishonest or she thinks Catholics are sub-human.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404395 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the New Testament was written in Greek... maybe someone else can answer that.
Do you not believe the prophesy in the Old Testament about God the Father sending us a Savior, His Son, to be born of a virgin?
Look up the word Messiah.
God with us.
no no.the virgin thing is a joke no way would Yahweh trespass against a woman and place a seed into her body....And sure he sent his son.....as for the new testament....you are beating around the bush about Yahweh not being a god it is in every concordance i can think of....
preston

Waverly, OH

#404396 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing happens to me, Preston. Topix hasn't gotten my correct town once in all the time I've been on here, they're not even close.
orville has been trying to prove that I am wrong on anything or everything eveer since he lied abbout Jesus and i called him on it.

It is a shame that some people have that desire to make others look bad just to make themself look clean.

orville will never make it. every person on here but him knows that this is not unusual with Topix
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404397 Nov 23, 2012
you sheeple need to watch this movie many truths

marge

Ames, IA

#404398 Nov 23, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your declaring to be "sinless". Imagine, what would jesus have done had it not been for Preston?
I was never mad Orville just don't undersand, I gave the kids the same 'look' when they were on the Ron Paul kick, always complaining and raising your voices, but never take a step to do anything about it. I love you my brother:)

See you later, someone's stinkin up this place again, may the Lord rebuke him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••