Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,401 - 389,420 of 537,260 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Live Action

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since it says, Anything on earth or in heaven, I would say NO.
Why you question God?, I just don't get that.
And I might have mistaken you for Robert before, sorry.
Marge I have A question for you.If it say's in most king james bibles in the concordance that the words lord god baal were added to his name because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken and so that mortal man changed his name and made him a god the very thing he warns you not to worship gods and or gods. then why do you???????And as you know the scriptures are derived from the dead sea scrolls wrote in Hebrew it reads YHWH In short Yahweh And at the time their was never a j in the Hebrew language how can his son's name be jesus.Please help me to understand this.And I ask people if they ever heard about Yahweh most say no and then the ones who do say yes Yahweh god...My point here is nothing makes the creator a god but for mankind...And also he tells us the you will cause them to forget my name

And anyone is free to answer this question.

And here is another tid bit you know those energy drinks the monsters those are Hebrew letters that represent the numbers 666

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you still dont get it, do you?
it is your lying that matters.
~~~

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

You C Roman Catholic Idolaters

and

Preston the railer

make for good example of Christianity

"BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER .." RIGHHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Fr Robert Dye"
Wow.
All this over a book (which I admit, I have not seen yet) that seems to be encouraging people to be sure to rely on the scriptures for their understanding, rather than on misconceptions based on popular expression, such as hymns or nativity scenes.(Of course, no Protestants would use a nativity scene, as this would be a form of idolatry.)
Can't really see the pope trying to encourage people to become more familiar with what the scriptures actually SAY.
Let's all make snide comments about him. What an IDIOT!
(This is classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Not that this would apply to anyone on THIS forum, of course.)
(That was MORE classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Rob

Rob...generally you are pretty level-headed. But I don't see that the pope was trying to encourage attention to the scriptures. Besides, I thought Catholics LIKED TRADITION? And I thought they want their leaders to depend on tradition...as equal to, maybe even more reliable than scripture. That is what we are told on this forum. We do get scolded, you know, for Sola Scripture...

Christmas IS under attack. People don't get excited about it as they once did. Reason (they say), it is TOO COMMERCIAL.

I look at it this way: Every bright light of Christmas...even on the merchants shops...shouts, The Light of the World Has Come!

Besides, merchants wouldn't be competing for people's business, if people weren't clamoring for their goods. But even that is good, because some people will get a little token of love at Christmas that they need badly, and may not see at any other time.

And did you notice, that God pulled the strings with man, to set this celebration at the time that our darkest, most depressing season is setting in?

KayMarie
Live Action

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

The first house of Yahweh was in able Israel.this is his one true church.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Dust Storm"
Oh yeah complimentary stuff like some nun who was behind a curtain didnt think she could be seen and drank all the wine. lol All your little stories painting pictures of some Priest or Catholic may have done because its your Christian duty to air dirty laundry unlike your sinless congregation. ;0 Your husband is rich with slanderous comments as well. Your attempt to diminish the Pope today with sensationalism is another one of your fine Christian examples because you respect the human creation and don't shame it. ROTFL Get real for once in your life you white washed tomb.

You don't even make an effort to be 'white washed'...much less to be 'washed white'.

Jesus does that if you ask Him.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>your presence is wanted on the gay/lesbian forum.
dont keep your friend waiting.

~~~
How would you know what your gay/lesbian friends want...except you are

one of them...Did they send you to solicit members for their forum?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
You attempted to shame the pope and Catholics on the board this morning by mocking what he wrote in his book, and you were proven to not know what you were talking about. Who taught you to do that?

Reporting on a book that the Pope wrote was not 'shaming' him. Either he is right, or he is not. "and" Catholics ??? Truth does not shame those who are honest.

I didn't call YOU Sapphira...

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
You C Roman Catholic Idolaters
and
Preston the railer
make for good example of Christianity
"BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER .." RIGHHT
lol, just as I said, she gets shown to be a liar and leaves and then you show up.Now how did I know that?

thankfully, I dont keep company with the likes of you and her.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is Rob, no images for anything in heaven in the earth or in the sea or beneth the sea angels are in heaven are they not.
there are images of Mary, the is an image of Jesus, there are images of saints. You claim Mary and the saints are in heaven, we already know Jesus is.
I was raised a catholic and even at age 6 I couldn't understand why images and pictures of saints, jesus, mary, joseph etc are depicted.

If these people really existed why create an image in your mind of something that isn't true or accurate.

I wouldn't cut a picture out of a magazine of a man and tell everyone this is my father.

The catholic image of the sacred heart of jesus picture is etched into the minds of all catholics. They constantly envision him looking like this.

If there really was a Jesus and he did return as promised and he was short, balding with a club foot NO CATHOLIC would ever believe it, because their minds have been conditioned from childhood that to be Jesus you have to appear a certain way.

Its all baloney! Marketing tools.

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Fr Robert Dye"
Wow.
All this over a book (which I admit, I have not seen yet) that seems to be encouraging people to be sure to rely on the scriptures for their understanding, rather than on misconceptions based on popular expression, such as hymns or nativity scenes.(Of course, no Protestants would use a nativity scene, as this would be a form of idolatry.)
Can't really see the pope trying to encourage people to become more familiar with what the scriptures actually SAY.
Let's all make snide comments about him. What an IDIOT!
(This is classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Not that this would apply to anyone on THIS forum, of course.)
(That was MORE classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Rob
Rob...generally you are pretty level-headed. But I don't see that the pope was trying to encourage attention to the scriptures. Besides, I thought Catholics LIKED TRADITION? And I thought they want their leaders to depend on tradition...as equal to, maybe even more reliable than scripture. That is what we are told on this forum. We do get scolded, you know, for Sola Scripture...
Christmas IS under attack. People don't get excited about it as they once did. Reason (they say), it is TOO COMMERCIAL.
I look at it this way: Every bright light of Christmas...even on the merchants shops...shouts, The Light of the World Has Come!
Besides, merchants wouldn't be competing for people's business, if people weren't clamoring for their goods. But even that is good, because some people will get a little token of love at Christmas that they need badly, and may not see at any other time.
And did you notice, that God pulled the strings with man, to set this celebration at the time that our darkest, most depressing season is setting in?
KayMarie
Tradition or tradition? I recall explaining this to you some months back and providing some excellent links to help further your understanding. Didn't you read them?

Hark, the Herald Angels Sing and nativity scene animals are tradition. They aren't Tradition. And neither are more reliable than scripture...as you've been repeatedly told.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>your presence is wanted on the gay/lesbian forum.
dont keep your friend waiting.
~~~
How would you know what your gay/lesbian friends want...except you are
one of them...Did they send you to solicit members for their forum?
do you KNOW that lesbians are females?

ignorant . cant say more than that.

AND BTW LTM, THIS WAS HIS FIRST POST TODAY

just like I told you but you wish to blame me just because I defend myself against him
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
You attempted to shame the pope and Catholics on the board this morning by mocking what he wrote in his book, and you were proven to not know what you were talking about. Who taught you to do that?
Reporting on a book that the Pope wrote was not 'shaming' him. Either he is right, or he is not. "and" Catholics ??? Truth does not shame those who are honest.
KayMarie
well that makes you a little smarter than mr fraud. he called me a Lesbian.lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you still dont get it, do you?
it is your lying that matters.
In all your years how many lies have you told? More than you know.......right?

BUSTED!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
KayMarie
~~~

YOU WROTE

"Truth does not shame those who are honest.

THEN NOTHING THAT I WRITE HERE AND BACK IT UP WITH SCRIPTURES SHOULD SHAME YOU.

YOU GIVE NO REBUTTAL FROM THE SCRIPTURE...ALL YOU DO IS ATTACK ME

AS A PERSON.

AS FOR THE EVENTS I HAVE GIVEN...EVEN IF I PRODUCED WITNESSES WITNESSES

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THEM EITHER ...NOW WOULD YOU..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>Beats me.....don't sin and you have nothing to confess but being unclean from being in the world....
I don't know why so many people are sinning. They all claim that they follow Jesus and that sin is bad yet the sins keep being committed and many of the same ones over and over.

If someone can stop drinking alcohol because it can kill you and stop smoking cigarettes because you might get cancer, why can't catholics stop sinning?

UNBELIEVABLE!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>do you KNOW that lesbians are females?
ignorant . cant say more than that.
AND BTW LTM, THIS WAS HIS FIRST POST TODAY
just like I told you but you wish to blame me just because I defend myself against him
~~~
A RAILER HAS NO DEFENSE BEFORE GOD.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
In all your years how many lies have you told? More than you know.......right?
BUSTED!
when I got Saved, I quit the sinning business, a clear indication that she and mr fraud arent Christians.

but dont worry, I dont expect you to know the difference.

it takes a person that has passed the 3rd grade to know that.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

who="Dust Storm"
Oh yeah complimentary stuff like some nun who was behind a curtain didnt think she could be seen and drank all the wine. lol All your little stories painting pictures of some Priest or Catholic may have done because its your Christian duty to air dirty laundry unlike your sinless congregation. ;0 Your husband is rich with slanderous comments as well. Your attempt to diminish the Pope today with sensationalism is another one of your fine Christian examples because you respect the human creation and don't shame it. ROTFL Get real for once in your life you white washed tomb.
You don't even make an effort to be 'white washed'...much less to be 'washed white'.
Jesus does that if you ask Him.
KayMarie
LOL...So if I told lies and was deceptive like you then I could be like you and claim the Lord did it for me? No Thanks! You need to ask much harder then because their is nothing about you that is truthful. What you should do is apologize, but your true nature is evident to every Catholic here and so is the nature of those protestants who say nothing.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

passinby wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, was Messiah lying when he said he would be in the earth 3 days? By your reckoning of him dying on Good Friday he was only 1 1/2 days in the tomb. That's not a miracle, that's being unconscious. 3 days is the miracle since in that warm climate by that time his body would have begun to decay.
Unfortunately, the two of you come across as closet Catholics; since the Catholic church is the only religious authority who can claim to have changed the day of rest from the 7th/Saturday to the 1st/Sun Day. You both realize that the 1st Day/Sun Day is dedicated to Mithra right? And Easter/Ishtar is based on Semiramis, Nimrod, and Tammuz worship. My family are former Catholics.
And Yahusha died in the middle of the week (there were two Shabbats, Passover beginning Wednesday evening--nightfall--Roman time and the weekly 7th Day); and Yahusha rose on what the Roman time system calls Saturday evening. Yahusha was fulfilling the requirement of YHUH's Set Apart Times (Lev 23) as the Wave Sheaf Offering. Why do you think the Catholics call it H-ly Thursday, Good Friday and leave out the Sabbath (that's their competition)?
passinby

Ah..., I think I understand what you are saying....

Seems like you want to shift everything back one day....

Ahhh, I think I understand....The problem lies in the Jewish calendar....The shifting of days....in some years they shift back 11 days, in others(leap years) they shift forward 30 days. The central theme tries to keep the lunar month, of which there are usually 12, but sometimes 13 in a year. At the time of Jesus, the first sliver of moon when reported would more or less designate a month, but the Sanhedrihn would say whether they should shift days backward or forward to coincide with the seasons of the year....Phewy....

Since we don't know the exact year of Jesus' death, it would be difficult to place a specific day, even because of this shifting day system. Thus the 14th day of the first month in Leviticus does not designate any specific day such as Wednesday, Thursday...., etc. Our system was designed quite differently than the Jewish calendar....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't matter if they were singing or speaking.
Kay denied being a trouble maker a few days ago. She came here this morning mocking the pope when she was ignorant of the facts. In my book that's a trouble maker.
Another monkey wrench!
The pope will probably write another book and report more miscalculations, and now state that DECEMBER 25TH is the real date of the birth of Jesus in 14 BCE, or 7 BCE, or 9 BCE....etc.
Over the past 2,000 years, Hundreds of millions of catholic laity, nuns, priests, bishops, cardinals, popes, all went to their graves not knowing that Jesus was actually born several years before what the church tradition taught them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••