Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,940
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Fr Robert Dye

Muskogee, OK

#404333 Nov 23, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
What about angels? Can we make images of angels for the Church, or would that be idolizing them?
Rob
Yes it is Rob, no images for anything in heaven in the earth or in the sea or beneth the sea angels are in heaven are they not.

there are images of Mary, the is an image of Jesus, there are images of saints. You claim Mary and the saints are in heaven, we already know Jesus is.
Oh...
Perhaps you ought to tell God not to tell the Israelites to do that, as it constitutes idolatry ...
Exd 25:17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat [of] pure gold: two cubits and a half [shall be] the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
Exd 25:18 And thou shalt make two cherubims [of] gold,[of] beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
Exd 25:19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end:[even] of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
Exd 25:20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth [their] wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces [shall look] one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#404334 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, as Christians,we enter into His rest with Him.
it makes no difference as to whether we consider Sunday as the 1st day or the 8th(I have heard of that before). the fact remains that His work was totally finished on Sunday. His death is very important to us but His Resurection is what puts Him above any other important person that has ever lived.
if he only died, then His work was uncompleted, we need that Resurection, to complete the Mission and work that His father gave Him
preston

I agree with you. But there are some people that get lost, or wander around, in general, between the death part and resurrection part of Jesus Christ.(Doubts may linger, or guilt may linger....)

In a way, some people when getting born again, go down in death with Christ, but fail to rise with Christ....

We need reconciliation with God, and that comes in Jesus' crucifixion on Good Friday. In this way, Easter Sunday is the beginning of the new life we have in Christ. We die and are reborn, not just as a personal relationship with God, but also share in being part of the whole Body of Christ....
Fr Robert Dye

Muskogee, OK

#404335 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since it says, Anything on earth or in heaven, I would say NO.
Why you question God?, I just don't get that.
And I might have mistaken you for Robert before, sorry.
For you as well, I think you probably need to tell God that He got it wrong, and that He is not Christian, or something like that.
Exd 25:17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat [of] pure gold: two cubits and a half [shall be] the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
Exd 25:18 And thou shalt make two cherubims [of] gold,[of] beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
Exd 25:19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end:[even] of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
Exd 25:20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth [their] wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces [shall look] one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
Rob
Loren Eberly

Cardington, OH

#404336 Nov 23, 2012
Black Friday:

OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders (money marketers) celebrate Black Friday. Marketing more stock dividends (money); in the wholesale and retail price of every product and service Human Beings use for life. And School Boards and Government needs to build, maintain and operate schools, infrastructure, and provide local and national security, and Government services. That gets only product or service.

The majority of we the Government of this Representative Republic that vote and the nonvoters that sit on their dead hands and whine; Successfully elected Obnoxious President, Governor, Representatives of US the Government, County Commissioners, Township Trustees, Mayors, City Council, School Administrators and Board Members.

Celebrate Black Friday holding vendors accountable to collect sales tax and the more stock dividends (money) OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders (money marketers) market quarterly. In the wholesale and retail price of every product and service Human Beings use for life. And School Boards and Government needs to build, maintain and operate schools, infrastructure, and provide local and national security, and Government services without compensation. That gets only product or service.

This is defiant of USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demanding every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Defying USA Labor Law, the Constitution, and Realities demands is bankrupting USA. Makes free, fair, and affordable commerce IMPOSSIBLE; Makes funding schools IMPOSSIBLE; Makes balancing every budget IMPOSSIBLE; Makes Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and Americas grandchildren's children life UNAFFORDABLE; and created Ohio’s $1.35 trillion budget deficit, the $40 trillion social security and the $16 trillion national debt. America’s grandchildren’s children are responsible to pay Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders interest with this debt until they are 18 years old.

America’s grandchildren’s children cannot afford life and pay this debt with the $7.25 per hour Government mandated labor wage in a hundred million years.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404337 Nov 23, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge I think I am getting old, LOL I am misunderstanding the posts.
I have been sitting here trying to figure out when my husband was on here then realized Preston was talking about KM and her husband.
He must really like me everyone one of his post he is talking about me LOL
thanks for admiting that you always misundrestand posts.

but here you see that mr fraud always atacks me fors and not vice versa and that mrs fraud is a liar like I ahve said and he has showed.

needlesss to say, when you saw that I never spoke about you wishing me dead, you ignored that post and no apology came forth from you.

and with the filth that came from your mouth about HOJO, nuff said about what kind of peson that you.

you fit with orville and mr and mrs fraud pefectly.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#404338 Nov 23, 2012
passinby wrote:
Several things i've learned from studying the Tanakh and Brit Chadashah (The Scriptures: 1st and 2nd Testaments), the book "From Babylon to Timbuktu", Ancient Writers, Josephus, "The Book of Yasher/Jasher" and Apocrypha (suppressed by protestants and Catholics alike):
..Romans are mixed with Esau's people; not Yaaqob/Yshral; this helped me to understand the need for Kristianay/Christians (pagan converts) to replace the Hebrews which is not commanded by YHUH. In Acts the converts were accepted on faith and eventually would learn because Mosha/Moses is taught every week in their meetings on the 7th/SaturDay.
..The Messiah was and remains the head of the family of Yashral; the aryah/lion of the tribe of Yahuda. He is not a Catholic. He remains a Yahudi, of Yashral, and Hebrew; read Chizun/Revelation. He never worshipped on 1st Day/Sun Day. He rose Saturday evening as the Wave Sheaf Offering (see Lev 23). The empty tomb was not discovered until the next morning; negating Easter/Ishtar which comes from Semiramis, Nimrod, and Tammuz Worship.
..Catholic means universal or global; that's where the illuminated ones got their idea for a new world order.
.."Church" comes from the name of a sorceress: circe. The people of Yahusha's time would be horrified because they recognized themselves as the k'hal/assembly; an ancient Hebrew understanding.
..YHUH, Aluhym does not change; but the Catholic authority has changed the very sayings of the Mighty One which were written in stone by YH's own finger (the Dbar/Word) for Yshral and the world. They have also absorbed pagan festivals not in line with Leviticus 23 and elsewhere which YHUH declares are His set apart times including the original Shabbat from creation: what the pagans call Saturday for Saturn. Those are not Jewish or Yshral's feasts; they are YHUH's appointed times.
..my family is personally acquainted with the harm this church can do (pedophile) and how the church authorities protected the offender by simply shipping him off to some other unsuspecting parish of potential victims; which is why they converted from Catholicism (in the early 1900's) back into the true Faith of their Hebrew fathers and Abraham, Ytsaaq and Yaaqub; the Hebrew Way which i follow.
In my comments i mean no disrespect to the members of that church; but wonder if they have ever taken a critical look at what they have been commanded to do by the Catholic authority compared to scripture? "Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men..." Yahusha was hated by the Yahudi rulers because he revealed their traditions and commandments as simply the arrogant sayings of men.
Personally this is why i belong to no individual church or denomination but am simply being taught by YHUShA's own Ruach/Spirit to know YHUH; to worship YHUH in Ruach/Spirit (tphyla/prayer and conversation) and in Emet/Truth (scripture study); according to Yeremiyahu/Jeremiah 31.33.
Greetings passinby

I don't know if you will pass by again....

But I am first sorry for the pain your family experienced with the RCC....

It seems to have set you on a journey. And seeking in scripture a certain richness in your thoughts are apparent. But it is a bit difficult to know exactly what you are saying....

As to the sheaf offering in Leviticus 23:12. You apparently don't think this has happened yet? But that is what Resurrection Sunday is exactly. On Saturday there is no Mass. On Sunday is the first sheaf offering..., the spotless lamb(Agnus Dei), the wheat, and wine, are offered and it is forever....

And after this comes Pentecost, 50 days latter....
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404339 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since it says, Anything on earth or in heaven, I would say NO.
Why you question God?, I just don't get that.
And I might have mistaken you for Robert before, sorry.
Marge I have A question for you.If it say's in most king james bibles in the concordance that the words lord god baal were added to his name because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken and so that mortal man changed his name and made him a god the very thing he warns you not to worship gods and or gods. then why do you???????And as you know the scriptures are derived from the dead sea scrolls wrote in Hebrew it reads YHWH In short Yahweh And at the time their was never a j in the Hebrew language how can his son's name be jesus.Please help me to understand this.And I ask people if they ever heard about Yahweh most say no and then the ones who do say yes Yahweh god...My point here is nothing makes the creator a god but for mankind...And also he tells us the you will cause them to forget my name

And anyone is free to answer this question.

And here is another tid bit you know those energy drinks the monsters those are Hebrew letters that represent the numbers 666

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#404340 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you still dont get it, do you?
it is your lying that matters.
~~~

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

You C Roman Catholic Idolaters

and

Preston the railer

make for good example of Christianity

"BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER .." RIGHHT

#404341 Nov 23, 2012
who="Fr Robert Dye"
Wow.
All this over a book (which I admit, I have not seen yet) that seems to be encouraging people to be sure to rely on the scriptures for their understanding, rather than on misconceptions based on popular expression, such as hymns or nativity scenes.(Of course, no Protestants would use a nativity scene, as this would be a form of idolatry.)
Can't really see the pope trying to encourage people to become more familiar with what the scriptures actually SAY.
Let's all make snide comments about him. What an IDIOT!
(This is classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Not that this would apply to anyone on THIS forum, of course.)
(That was MORE classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Rob

Rob...generally you are pretty level-headed. But I don't see that the pope was trying to encourage attention to the scriptures. Besides, I thought Catholics LIKED TRADITION? And I thought they want their leaders to depend on tradition...as equal to, maybe even more reliable than scripture. That is what we are told on this forum. We do get scolded, you know, for Sola Scripture...

Christmas IS under attack. People don't get excited about it as they once did. Reason (they say), it is TOO COMMERCIAL.

I look at it this way: Every bright light of Christmas...even on the merchants shops...shouts, The Light of the World Has Come!

Besides, merchants wouldn't be competing for people's business, if people weren't clamoring for their goods. But even that is good, because some people will get a little token of love at Christmas that they need badly, and may not see at any other time.

And did you notice, that God pulled the strings with man, to set this celebration at the time that our darkest, most depressing season is setting in?

KayMarie
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404342 Nov 23, 2012
The first house of Yahweh was in able Israel.this is his one true church.

#404343 Nov 23, 2012
who="Dust Storm"
Oh yeah complimentary stuff like some nun who was behind a curtain didnt think she could be seen and drank all the wine. lol All your little stories painting pictures of some Priest or Catholic may have done because its your Christian duty to air dirty laundry unlike your sinless congregation. ;0 Your husband is rich with slanderous comments as well. Your attempt to diminish the Pope today with sensationalism is another one of your fine Christian examples because you respect the human creation and don't shame it. ROTFL Get real for once in your life you white washed tomb.

You don't even make an effort to be 'white washed'...much less to be 'washed white'.

Jesus does that if you ask Him.

KayMarie

#404344 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>your presence is wanted on the gay/lesbian forum.
dont keep your friend waiting.

~~~
How would you know what your gay/lesbian friends want...except you are

one of them...Did they send you to solicit members for their forum?

#404345 Nov 23, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
You attempted to shame the pope and Catholics on the board this morning by mocking what he wrote in his book, and you were proven to not know what you were talking about. Who taught you to do that?

Reporting on a book that the Pope wrote was not 'shaming' him. Either he is right, or he is not. "and" Catholics ??? Truth does not shame those who are honest.

I didn't call YOU Sapphira...

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#404346 Nov 23, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
You C Roman Catholic Idolaters
and
Preston the railer
make for good example of Christianity
"BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER .." RIGHHT
lol, just as I said, she gets shown to be a liar and leaves and then you show up.Now how did I know that?

thankfully, I dont keep company with the likes of you and her.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404347 Nov 23, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is Rob, no images for anything in heaven in the earth or in the sea or beneth the sea angels are in heaven are they not.
there are images of Mary, the is an image of Jesus, there are images of saints. You claim Mary and the saints are in heaven, we already know Jesus is.
I was raised a catholic and even at age 6 I couldn't understand why images and pictures of saints, jesus, mary, joseph etc are depicted.

If these people really existed why create an image in your mind of something that isn't true or accurate.

I wouldn't cut a picture out of a magazine of a man and tell everyone this is my father.

The catholic image of the sacred heart of jesus picture is etched into the minds of all catholics. They constantly envision him looking like this.

If there really was a Jesus and he did return as promised and he was short, balding with a club foot NO CATHOLIC would ever believe it, because their minds have been conditioned from childhood that to be Jesus you have to appear a certain way.

Its all baloney! Marketing tools.

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404348 Nov 23, 2012
who="Fr Robert Dye"
Wow.
All this over a book (which I admit, I have not seen yet) that seems to be encouraging people to be sure to rely on the scriptures for their understanding, rather than on misconceptions based on popular expression, such as hymns or nativity scenes.(Of course, no Protestants would use a nativity scene, as this would be a form of idolatry.)
Can't really see the pope trying to encourage people to become more familiar with what the scriptures actually SAY.
Let's all make snide comments about him. What an IDIOT!
(This is classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Not that this would apply to anyone on THIS forum, of course.)
(That was MORE classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Rob
Rob...generally you are pretty level-headed. But I don't see that the pope was trying to encourage attention to the scriptures. Besides, I thought Catholics LIKED TRADITION? And I thought they want their leaders to depend on tradition...as equal to, maybe even more reliable than scripture. That is what we are told on this forum. We do get scolded, you know, for Sola Scripture...
Christmas IS under attack. People don't get excited about it as they once did. Reason (they say), it is TOO COMMERCIAL.
I look at it this way: Every bright light of Christmas...even on the merchants shops...shouts, The Light of the World Has Come!
Besides, merchants wouldn't be competing for people's business, if people weren't clamoring for their goods. But even that is good, because some people will get a little token of love at Christmas that they need badly, and may not see at any other time.
And did you notice, that God pulled the strings with man, to set this celebration at the time that our darkest, most depressing season is setting in?
KayMarie
Tradition or tradition? I recall explaining this to you some months back and providing some excellent links to help further your understanding. Didn't you read them?

Hark, the Herald Angels Sing and nativity scene animals are tradition. They aren't Tradition. And neither are more reliable than scripture...as you've been repeatedly told.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404349 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>your presence is wanted on the gay/lesbian forum.
dont keep your friend waiting.
~~~
How would you know what your gay/lesbian friends want...except you are
one of them...Did they send you to solicit members for their forum?
do you KNOW that lesbians are females?

ignorant . cant say more than that.

AND BTW LTM, THIS WAS HIS FIRST POST TODAY

just like I told you but you wish to blame me just because I defend myself against him
preston

Waverly, OH

#404350 Nov 23, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
You attempted to shame the pope and Catholics on the board this morning by mocking what he wrote in his book, and you were proven to not know what you were talking about. Who taught you to do that?
Reporting on a book that the Pope wrote was not 'shaming' him. Either he is right, or he is not. "and" Catholics ??? Truth does not shame those who are honest.
KayMarie
well that makes you a little smarter than mr fraud. he called me a Lesbian.lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404351 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you still dont get it, do you?
it is your lying that matters.
In all your years how many lies have you told? More than you know.......right?

BUSTED!

#404352 Nov 23, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
KayMarie
~~~

YOU WROTE

"Truth does not shame those who are honest.

THEN NOTHING THAT I WRITE HERE AND BACK IT UP WITH SCRIPTURES SHOULD SHAME YOU.

YOU GIVE NO REBUTTAL FROM THE SCRIPTURE...ALL YOU DO IS ATTACK ME

AS A PERSON.

AS FOR THE EVENTS I HAVE GIVEN...EVEN IF I PRODUCED WITNESSES WITNESSES

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THEM EITHER ...NOW WOULD YOU..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 min Married in 8,540
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope 23 hr Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists Thu SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Oct 29 kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Oct 29 tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE