Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,361 - 389,380 of 539,237 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

#404299 Nov 23, 2012
yikes...

Leviticus 26:30
I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you.
I
marge

Ames, IA

#404300 Nov 23, 2012
Oh here we go again, Rob knows something we don't know, but he won't tell what it is...

brb.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#404301 Nov 23, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Silly me. I just thought it 'might' be a good idea to take Jesus at his word. But of course, only if He agrees with the RCC. "and professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."
Well you professed yourself wise without understanding. You do of course realize that you just called most Protestants and scholars fools. So sorry the facts don't meet with your approval, you bet get on all those Protestants about that, because they dont know you are final word on what Jesus and bible really says.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404302 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Bread box? You lost me Regina:)
Jesus is the Bread of Life. "I am the living bread come down from heaven." Bread is food, yes? Mangers were food troughs used to feed animals. The symbolism is that Jesus, our Bread, the food for our souls, was placed in a manger, a feeding trough. It also spoke to His humility and poverty. The Christian faith is very rich and multi-layered, exquisitely beautiful.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404303 Nov 23, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay mocked the pope because she read something in a news article. Factually she was wrong. Factually the bible says nothing about animals and angels singing, it's just tradition, nice tradition and something I have no problem with, but tradition all the same. The hypocritical thing about this sad chapter is that you guys are the ones caught adding to scripture.
Anthony says........Kay mocked the pope because she read something in a news article.

Now the Pope says in his new book declares "A MISCALCULATION" that Jesus was born several years before christian tradition always stated.

I said that myself on this forum 3 years ago. The pope must be reading my posts!(lol)

Maybe all the dates are wrong in the bible. I have been saying for the past 3 years the bible has conflicting information.

http://www.100wapi.com/rssItem.asp...

A miscalculation! UNBELIEVABLE!

What else are we now going to learn? Its all unravelling.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404304 Nov 23, 2012
The pope now declares in his new book that Jesus was born several years before what was originally believed in christian traditions.

http://www.100wapi.com/rssItem.asp...

No wonder the jews never believed in the born in a manger story. Jesus was already an adult by then.

A Miscalculation the pope says. A BOO BOO!

Next we will find out that there were originally 15 commandments not 10, and that there were only 8 apostles not 12.

stay tuned!
marge

Ames, IA

#404305 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Bread of Life. "I am the living bread come down from heaven." Bread is food, yes? Mangers were food troughs used to feed animals. The symbolism is that Jesus, our Bread, the food for our souls, was placed in a manger, a feeding trough. It also spoke to His humility and poverty. The Christian faith is very rich and multi-layered, exquisitely beautiful.
Thanks for sharing Regina, very nice insite and symbolism.
Fr Robert Dye

Muskogee, OK

#404306 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
Oh here we go again, Rob knows something we don't know, but he won't tell what it is...
brb.
What on earth are you talking about now?
Rob
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404307 Nov 23, 2012
Christmas traditions changed??

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/22/world/europe/va...

I can't wait for book II and see those changes by the pope.
Fr Robert Dye

Muskogee, OK

#404308 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing Regina, very nice insite and symbolism.
No, no, you need to REJECT this to stay true to Protestantism, which rejects Jesus' Body being "Real Food," and His Blood "Real Drink."
Rob
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404309 Nov 23, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay mocked the pope because she read something in a news article. Factually she was wrong. Factually the bible says nothing about animals and angels singing, it's just tradition, nice tradition and something I have no problem with, but tradition all the same. The hypocritical thing about this sad chapter is that you guys are the ones caught adding to scripture.
Its not 2012 AD anymore Anthony! What year is it?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/22/world/europe/va...

Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404310 Nov 23, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!!!!
You sin for a few weeks, you pop into the confessional the priest resets your sin-o-meter back to 0000's, and you start all over again.
Why would catholics tell a strange priest their entire history of all their wrong doings when they wouldn't even tell their loving wife what they have been doing wrong?
Beats me.....don't sin and you have nothing to confess but being unclean from being in the world....
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404311 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, this ties into the Eucharist that is the actual body and blood of Christ. We literally feed on Him. I know you don't believe in this but it's just one more layer of beauty to contemplate and bring us closer to God. When you think about it, scripture comes full circle. There's really no beginning or end, just fulfillment after fulfillment. Infinite, just like God. He calls to His creation ceaselessly.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#404312 Nov 23, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony I didn't add anything I just posted what the Bible said In Luke. Then posted the definition of a manger, which is a trough that animals eat out of.
The Angel told the shepherd that Jesus would be laying in a manger, which is inside a stable.
Some people actually believe the manger is the stable it self.
the Angels could have been singing or they could have just stated.
About Jesus birth. Does it matter?? the Angel's brought the Good News that a Savior was born, and were they would find HIM.
The man who wrote the carol, wrote a beautiful song and had the angels sing the Good News message to the shepherds.
No it doesn't matter if they were singing or speaking.

Kay denied being a trouble maker a few days ago. She came here this morning mocking the pope when she was ignorant of the facts. In my book that's a trouble maker.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404313 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What about your sin and guilt LA?
we all sin marge even you....but this is why we must over come.....and guilt is something i do not dwell on....repent and don't do it anymore...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#404314 Nov 23, 2012
who="Dust Storm"
Typo? It was well earned sarcasm, based on the never ending trash which you so called Christians post with no regard at all for the truth, reason or fairness. I guess you missed the rotfl, but that it went over your head is no surprise. Isn't that cute? Now you can resume your innuendo and false witness as it is what you do best.

Some sarcasm of my own: I LOVE the complimentary way you folks speak of others. If I disagree with you, I can express my POV, without calling you names. But that is because we've been taught to respect the human creation...not to shame it.

KayMarie
Fr Robert Dye

Muskogee, OK

#404315 Nov 23, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Making a image of a saint IS Idolizing it.
What about angels? Can we make images of angels for the Church, or would that be idolizing them?
Rob

#404316 Nov 23, 2012
who="Fr Robert Dye"
And of course, Jesus being placed in a manger (feedbox) has NO special symbolism whatever...
Rob

And Regina says it does, because it was a feeding trough (bread box). We know that Jesus is The Bread if Life.

KayMarie
Fr Robert Dye

Muskogee, OK

#404317 Nov 23, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay denied being a trouble maker a few days ago. She came here this morning mocking the pope when she was ignorant of the facts. In my book that's a trouble maker.
Wow.
All this over a book (which I admit, I have not seen yet) that seems to be encouraging people to be sure to rely on the scriptures for their understanding, rather than on misconceptions based on popular expression, such as hymns or nativity scenes.(Of course, no Protestants would use a nativity scene, as this would be a form of idolatry.)
Can't really see the pope trying to encourage people to become more familiar with what the scriptures actually SAY.
Let's all make snide comments about him. What an IDIOT!
(This is classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Not that this would apply to anyone on THIS forum, of course.)
(That was MORE classical irony, just in case anyone needs help.)
Rob

#404318 Nov 23, 2012
who="Anthony MN"

If it didn't matter whether they were singing or speaking...then WHY is it making trouble to mention it?

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 8 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••