Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,230
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#404248 Nov 23, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church "does not" take the "spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus (lightly)---but apparently YOU DO!!
In regards to the words that Our Lord "clearly speaks" in John 6:47-59 "For unless you eat my Body,(which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)---you CANNOT---have ETERNAL LIFE!!
You still continue to "make up things" Confrinting regarding this "mentally disordered myth" that has infected you, saying that we as Catholics worship idols. What a crock of Protestant (bible only) BS!! With "ludicrous statements" like this--it only shows how "insecure" and desperate" you "need to be" in order to keep your hatred, hostility and "fire of vengence" (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church...... Condemning the faith of other Christians, passing judgement against the personal salvation of TRUE followers of Jesus Christ (especially Catholics) and listing of (a bunch) of bible verses is the "entire basis" of your ministry. NONE OF THIS makes you a Christian! Take an example from your wife KayMarie!---As I have told you "repeatedly" she is the ONLY true Christian in your family!
hojo,you may not worhip an idol of a calf,or a god that is foreign to the LORD our God,but any statue of Jesus is clearly breaking the first commandment.Jesus is G O D,is He not?Any image of Him is a false representation of WHO and what He is as being part of the Godhead,and that most of all He is the fulfilment of the Godhead,B O D I L Y.

That even moreso should not allow the people of God to make an image of the Fulfillment of the Godhead Bodily.The RCC has broken the first commandment and continues to do so every time it produces images of Jesus,Mary and anyone else that is connected with faith in God,the ONLY ONE who told His people to never make a graven image of such things or of people that represent the Living God.

I know all the arguments of statues that Catholics attempt to use to validate their breach of the first commandment of God.But that is sad and no matter how many centuries and years have gone by,the RCC still disobeys the LORD,God of Israel with the production and selling of i m a g e s that falsely represent Yeshua,Adonai ha Moshiach. If a church institution cannot get past the first commandment without disobedience,how can they be the only true and Apostolic church?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#404249 Nov 23, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Hey jethro8,
According to followers of the Catholic Church, Jesus gave them every authority to do whatever they wanted to do and whatever happens to strike their fancy at the time -- and no-one is allowed to question this. They can even torture and murder heretics in Jesus' name if they so desire, because Jesus himself gave the Pope the authority!
-
Imagine that! The Pope AND his ardent followers - can do acts of horror that would most certainly make the Devil proud and claim that Jesus authorized them to! Then they can turn around (sometimes immediately and sometimes years later) and say "OOPS! we made a mistake and the individuals who did *those things* were evil and most certainly non-Catholic."
-
Yet they claim an UNBROKEN chain of popes going back to the time of Peter himself.(And everybody knows that some popes were so evil they would make even the devil blush.)
-
So. In an unbroken chain of popes - how can some be deemed as non-Catholic AFTER they are dead and buried, and yet at the same time, claim that there is an unbroken chain of popes?
-
Catholicism is nothing but double-think. It has to be. And because the truth is not in them. They can't handle the truth.
the apostles did not have eternal life and either do the popes,why is that? wouldn't it make sense to keep them alive to spread the true meaning of gods word? well the popes couldn't do it,but the apostles could of since they were in jesus' presence,and from 1st pope linus to date,none of them ever spoke to either jesus or one of the apostles.they use some truth,but it is twisted and turned to coincide with paganism.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#404250 Nov 23, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
The pope said the angels were not singing. My bible doesn't say they were singing. Your KJV doesn't say they were singing.
Yes, Sapphira, you are stirring up trouble.
So, it says PRAISING. I did have the wrong paper, however. It was Zionica.
KayMarie
You were stirring up trouble like you always do, in this case, it was mocking the pope when you were ignorant of the facts. When someone is always in the attack mode they tend to have their blinders on. You should pray a little before you toss out the next insult.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404251 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anything about singing here. Perhaps you misunderstood Anthony's request.
According to the pope's research, there is also no evidence in the Gospels that the cattle and other animals traditionally pictured gathered around the manger were actually present.
Pope debunks Christmas myths
He also debunks the claim that angels sang at the birth, a staple theme of Christmas carols.
The book, which is being published in multiple languages in time for Christmas, is the third in a series by the pontiff. The previous two volumes dealt with Jesus' adult life and his public ministry.
Alessandro Speciale, Vatican correspondent for the Religion News Service, told CNN the pope was not so much aiming to debunk myths as trying to show that the Jesus depicted in the Gospels is a real historical figure, who walked on earth and talked to people like anyone else.
But while the book points out that the Gospels do not support the presence of animals at Jesus' birth -- a detail apparently added in later centuries -- the pope does not suggest they should be thrown out of the Nativity scene, Speciale said.
"The pope is a traditional man and he doesn't want people at all to change their traditions," Speciale said.
The Vatican quotes Anthony Valle, a professor of theology, as saying the pope has been open to scientific inquiry in his own study of Jesus' life.
"The pope is not against the historical critical method at all, in fact, he uses it, he appreciates it," Valle said.
He sees the pope as using "both faith and reason" in his efforts to bring the life of Jesus closer.
Monsignor Philip Whitmore, who translated the book into English, said the pontiff used his writing to explore "the inner meaning of the infancy narratives, showing how they pick up on Old Testament themes and develop them in new and unexpected ways."
"The pope helps us to understand the world where Jesus was born. Caesar brought peace to the Roman Empire, but this tiny child brought something much more wonderful: God's peace, eternal life, an end to sin and death," Whitmore added.
"Anyone who's wondering why Christmas came to be such a great celebration in the West can find the answer right here. The pope explains how the birth of Jesus changed history forever."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/22/world/europe/va...
REGINA M. says......According to the pope's research, there is also no evidence in the Gospels that the cattle and other animals traditionally pictured gathered around the manger were actually present.

What research?? The only writings about the virgin birth are in the gospels. Can't you read them and decifer what they say? No jews, no one from the entire mediteranean, no writers, scribes, statesmen, government officials, soothsayers, or philosophers ever mention the birth of a Jesus.
There is no other sources of information to do "RESEARCH" about the birth of Jesus.

The popes research...(lol)

The whole story about Jesus is just a christian tradition. Much like any other religion that has their action figures and characters and stories about them. Stories that you wouldn't believe, just like your stories that they don't believe.

TRADITION with a lot of fiction.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#404252 Nov 23, 2012
As to animals in the Nativity scene, though they are not specifically mentioned, WOULD NATURALLY BE IN A STABLE.

One sideline Protestant group is protesting Christmas,too, by saying that He was not born in a stable.

They say that the word "inn" means 'guest room', so Jesus was born in the 'guest room'.

One only has to read more carefully to see that "there was NO ROOM in the INN (guest room)".

There is a war on against Christianity, and Christmas in particular.(An old pagan holiday???)

KayMarie

usa

#404253 Nov 23, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> Then how would you explain why nobody else likes you?
i like preston,there are a lot worse people on here than him.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#404254 Nov 23, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with "Hark the Herald". I love the idea that they were singing, but it's sad to see sola scriptura protestants blasting the pope when they're following an unbiblical tradition of their own. lol. Hope you have a blessed Advent.
So true! You as well.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#404255 Nov 23, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>hojo,you may not worhip an idol of a calf,or a god that is foreign to the LORD our God,but any statue of Jesus is clearly breaking the first commandment.Jesus is G O D,is He not?Any image of Him is a false representation of WHO and what He is as being part of the Godhead,and that most of all He is the fulfilment of the Godhead,B O D I L Y.
That even moreso should not allow the people of God to make an image of the Fulfillment of the Godhead Bodily.The RCC has broken the first commandment and continues to do so every time it produces images of Jesus,Mary and anyone else that is connected with faith in God,the ONLY ONE who told His people to never make a graven image of such things or of people that represent the Living God.
I know all the arguments of statues that Catholics attempt to use to validate their breach of the first commandment of God.But that is sad and no matter how many centuries and years have gone by,the RCC still disobeys the LORD,God of Israel with the production and selling of i m a g e s that falsely represent Yeshua,Adonai ha Moshiach. If a church institution cannot get past the first commandment without disobedience,how can they be the only true and Apostolic church?
Your understanding of the 1st commandment is flawed. And your understanding of the significance of the Incarnation is flawed. Happy Thanksgiving!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404256 Nov 23, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church "does not" take the "spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus (lightly)---but apparently YOU DO!!
In regards to the words that Our Lord "clearly speaks" in John 6:47-59 "For unless you eat my Body,(which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)---you CANNOT---have ETERNAL LIFE!!
You still continue to "make up things" Confrinting regarding this "mentally disordered myth" that has infected you, saying that we as Catholics worship idols. What a crock of Protestant (bible only) BS!! With "ludicrous statements" like this--it only shows how "insecure" and desperate" you "need to be" in order to keep your hatred, hostility and "fire of vengence" (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church...... Condemning the faith of other Christians, passing judgement against the personal salvation of TRUE followers of Jesus Christ (especially Catholics) and listing of (a bunch) of bible verses is the "entire basis" of your ministry. NONE OF THIS makes you a Christian! Take an example from your wife KayMarie!---As I have told you "repeatedly" she is the ONLY true Christian in your family!
Stories written by men about another man, which in TODAYS world is called third party information or "hearsay" and not admissable in a court of law as to determine guilt or innocense or right from wrong.

Do you know if Jesus was literate or not?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#404257 Nov 23, 2012
who="ReginaM"
I've also read various Protestant commentaries that state there was no actual singing by angels, that the words were spoken.
As Alessandro Speciale said in the CNN piece, the Pope was trying to show that Jesus is a very real historical figure, not some flowery myth. The Pope likes Christmas carols and traditional nativity scenes just as much as anyone else. They're just not biblical.

A whole host of angels praising God in the sky would be music to me.

Not Biblical? Examine every one of the items used for the Christmas celebration, and you will see that each of them 'fits' the scripture. Even the colors (red and green) were what John the Revelator saw when he saw the throne of God.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#404258 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>it didnt take him any time to start trouble again. his first post back was ana ttack on me becaise I checked out a profile and found this poster started trouble on different forums and of course mr fraud had to say something smar.
and LTM aint smart enough to realize that these two are only here to cause stife.
as evil as those two are, they should THANK God that he hasnt punished them for their inequity
It must be rather depressing spending all day looking for ways to attack your opponent. They should get out more.

Hope you had a nice time with your family yesterday preston.

usa

#404259 Nov 23, 2012
here's one for you to judge fact or fiction.........By Elliott Jones

TCPalm news

FORT PIERCE
A motorist who was blowing her horn and going 100 mph in a 30-mph zone on U.S. 1 in Fort Pierce at 1 a.m. Tuesday told officers God told her to do it.

Regardless, Melissa Miller, 41, of Port St. Lucie, was arrested on charges of reckless driving and speeding.

She was taken to the St. Lucie County Jail and placed under a $375 bail. In addition to reckless driving, the resident of the 400 block of Northwest Marsala Terrace, is charged with violation of her probation for leaving the scene of an accident with injuries.

After she was stopped, an officer quoted her as saying she was speeding "because I was letting the Lord spirit guide me," according to a police report. She attributed her lengthy horn blowing to "the Lord telling me to do it."

JETHRO:is she telling the truth? or not? did god speak to het and tell her to drive like she did? or is she nuts?..if god can talk through a donkey why not a stereo.

usa

#404260 Nov 23, 2012
good day people.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#404261 Nov 23, 2012
As to animals in the Nativity scene, though they are not specifically mentioned, WOULD NATURALLY BE IN A STABLE.
One sideline Protestant group is protesting Christmas,too, by saying that He was not born in a stable.
They say that the word "inn" means 'guest room', so Jesus was born in the 'guest room'.
One only has to read more carefully to see that "there was NO ROOM in the INN (guest room)".
There is a war on against Christianity, and Christmas in particular.(An old pagan holiday???)
KayMarie
If I were you I would just say you were wrong in mocking the pope on this subject. Now, it just looks like you're trying to talk your way out of the trouble you stirred up for yourself.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404262 Nov 23, 2012
KayMarie
the "stable" was a small cave, and i doubt if cows were in this small cave, since most cows were down in Bashan where the good pasture is located.

the only animal that might have been there would have been a small burro
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404263 Nov 23, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Christianity wasn't forced upon the people, and they all knew what would happen to them if they got caught celebrating the Mass, makes it a remarkable religion. It basically functioned 'underground' for centuries.
Jesus said "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, Baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and Behold, I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, TO THE CLOSE OF THE AGE"
All but one of the Apostles were captured and put to death. All the men they ordained were put to death. I believe 30 of the first Bishops of Rome (Popes) were killed?
wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_popes
It has to divinely guided that we are still here today.
CLAY says.......All but one of the Apostles were captured and put to death. All the men they ordained were put to death. I believe 30 of the first Bishops of Rome (Popes) were killed?

If that is true, What purpose did that serve? Whats the upside to it? 2,000 years later and only 18% of the entire world is baptized catholic and today most don't even practice their faith according to the american bishops conference in 2010.

If you wouldn't do it and I wouldn't do it, why would you think its neat that they did it?

Extremist muslims flew airplanes into the trade centre in the name of their religion/God, believing they immediately went to heaven. You don't believe that but they do.

David Karesh and others believe they died in the name of God.

Where does it become acceptable and when does it become not acceptable?

What purpose does it really serve, other then sensationalism?

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#404264 Nov 23, 2012
KayMarie
I agree that animals might have been in the stable because it was, well, a stable. The Pope probably thinks so, too, but there's no account of these things in scripture. I think you're missing the point of his book(s)...and I find it very disheartening that you're missing it because of your anti-Catholic bigotry.

Think about what you wrote above, Kay. There's a war on Christianity. What are some of the arguments used by secularists? How are they addressed by the Pope's latest work? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#404265 Nov 23, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I've also read various Protestant commentaries that state there was no actual singing by angels, that the words were spoken.
As Alessandro Speciale said in the CNN piece, the Pope was trying to show that Jesus is a very real historical figure, not some flowery myth. The Pope likes Christmas carols and traditional nativity scenes just as much as anyone else. They're just not biblical.
What I find to be the saddest thing is how so many, so often massivley distort virtually everything said. Politicians have nothing on the tabloid journalism exploiting out of context statements and stirring a flurry of nonsense. False witness has no meaning too often it seems. I have never seen a Protestant in here apologize for a lie they spread. NOT ONE! EVER!
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#404266 Nov 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>LET ME HELP YOU OPUT.
STARTED OUT AS cr, THEN ATEMCOWBOY, JONAH,pRESTON, REDWAX AND OCCASIONALLY, i WOULD USE SOME WEIRD NAME IF I WAS FROM MY PRIVATE FORUM.
AND THO IT ISNT A SECRET, TOPIX HAS LISTED ME IN iND, mICH oHIO. maybe ky.
what bothers me about theses people like marge who actually befriend you even after you wish me dead as I showed your post to LTM.
But I am not in the least concernend about marge liking or talking to you. she is the most unstable and ignorant persons on here. I had to set on her with her stupid psotsa that was already fulfilled in the Garden that she tied to use to promote OSAS.
the devil his way of grouping you people

You diverted again. Your not getting away easy Preston. Topix has nothing to do with your locations. Topix registers your I.P. location as revealed from your I.P. Very simple. You know what is coming.

I still petition Holy God toward you. BTW, "preacher". There is so such thing as death as you referred. More proof, your not of Holy God.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404267 Nov 23, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
here's one for you to judge fact or fiction.........By Elliott Jones
TCPalm news
FORT PIERCE
A motorist who was blowing her horn and going 100 mph in a 30-mph zone on U.S. 1 in Fort Pierce at 1 a.m. Tuesday told officers God told her to do it.
Regardless, Melissa Miller, 41, of Port St. Lucie, was arrested on charges of reckless driving and speeding.
She was taken to the St. Lucie County Jail and placed under a $375 bail. In addition to reckless driving, the resident of the 400 block of Northwest Marsala Terrace, is charged with violation of her probation for leaving the scene of an accident with injuries.
After she was stopped, an officer quoted her as saying she was speeding "because I was letting the Lord spirit guide me," according to a police report. She attributed her lengthy horn blowing to "the Lord telling me to do it."
JETHRO:is she telling the truth? or not? did god speak to het and tell her to drive like she did? or is she nuts?..if god can talk through a donkey why not a stereo.
......not to forget the donkey and talking snake both spoke fluent hebrew, and neither one of them knew the alphabet or had vocal chords.

Lets not forget the unforgetable story of Jonah almost drowning and God sends a BIG FISH for Jonah and spends 3 days swimming around in the belly of this big fish. Try that today people? Who was there to record such a story?

FACT?? or FICTION??

ALL TRUE STORIES!

Raise your hands in the air!!....ITS A MIRACLE!!!

I like the 3 little pigs story better......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Mr SIr 8,506
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 8 hr Miss New Thing 3
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE