Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,461)

Showing posts 389,201 - 389,220 of530,381
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>LTM, I WENT LOOKING FOR THE POST THAT WAS MADE BY orville AND YOU CAN SEE THAT YOU WERE NEVER MENTIONED, NOW LETS FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF GOD THAT YOU HAVE IN YOU
Orville
Portland, OR
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Saturday Nov 10 <quoted text>I just petioned to Holy God to remove your evil irk from this earth.
and for this character, you broke your word and our covenant, but not only ours, but God also witnessed it.
you SOLD YOUR SOUL FOR A MORSEL OF GARBAGE.
Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
you might and will have your payday someday,and then you will find out, why Jesus appeared to me back in 1965,and why my grandfather came back to life to tell me that God had a job for me to do.
you touched and you will pay.
Saying, Touch not my anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
I never touched you Preston, nor spoke against your anointing from God.
I did speak against you make mean and nasty remakes againsts Gods chosen.
Are you a prophet Preston, I have known lots of men who have made claims like this, that didn't stop them from doing mean things Remember King David. He was a man after Gods own heart Preston.
I am done with you Preston, your still whipping that dead horse.
Say what you will I will not answer or respond to your post again.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that Preston is Catholic???
lol......
you should google his other name that he used some time ago.this guy makes orville look like a saint.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Robert F, first thank you for your responses to me awhile back,concerning charismatic gifts and so on.Those things are of God,and some times we best leave them alone right? But you have come such a long way.I remember when you were contemplating becoming a Muslim.Well now you are a staunch and serious minded Christian,walking in the knowledge you received so freely from the Holy Spirit of Promise.Praise God for every blessing,every revelation of truth,and every moment we have with Him who is above all.
I am excited for you Robert F. and I surely hope someday God will let us cross paths when we enter into that great and glorious Kingdom.Our titles and affiliations will be a thing of the past,we will be known as He is known,before the Wonderful Lord we longed for and will be with someday.
May God richly bless you! Christmas is around the corner,and I want to give you a tip of a very beautiful Romanian Christmas song it is called "DIN RAIUL CEL LUMINOS" sung by Ghita Munteanu,look it up in youtube.com , it is something worth listening to.
I hope that your Thanksgiving was good,and that your family is doing well.
a friend in Christ. DAN.
Greetings Pad

Thank you for your kind words. I listened to Ghita, and I liked it.

Because we are all called to be one in Christ, and there is a sort of vacuum in the world, which only Jesus Christ fills, some step into that vacuum and are drawn into where some fear to tread. For me, Islaam was such a vacuum.

To really communicate with someone, one must go beyond language, and into the mindset of another person, culture, religion....For me there was no denial of Jesus as being God. But I had to confront how weak my faith really is, and how much I rely on God for strength.

There is a time of testing, and a time of resting....Getting a bit older, I am learning how to be more temperate. But we go where the Spirit takes us....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>Read my post for a very clear understanding and why jethro, the sda guy, and yadahim are wrong.and any other person who insists that we must Observe shabat as our holy day
Shabat is for the Israelites and the Church is not Israel and we have no need to claim it as our day of Rest.
and from the Services of the very earliest Christians, Sunday was the Day for them to gather to Worshp God and His son
I, like you, am satisfied with what Jesus did on the Cross and any person who insists that Shabat must be observed as the christian day of rest, are ignoring the Sacrifice and His Resurrection
and I believe that myself as well as the RCC are in agreement with this very important doctrine and theology
Romans 11:11-24

King James Version (KJV)

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Acts 24:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a prophet Preston, I have known lots of men who have made claims like this, that didn't stop them from doing mean things Remember King David. He was a man after Gods own heart Preston.
I expected no less from you LTM. you made the accusation that I said that you wanted me dead and I proved that I never said that about YOU. that it was orville.

and even when you are shown that you are wrong in your accusations, you will not apologize.

in your false accusation, you did"touch" me and you will answer for it.

and I have never said that I was a Prophet.

that is the last part of that "WARNING" THAT YOU HAVE FAILED TO HEED.

you sold your soul for that piece of garbage , ORVILLE AND THOSE OTHERS THAT i HAVE SHOWED THEY ARE LIARS.

and they certainly are not God chosen,He doesnt choose liars and frauds.not to mention cowards.

"whipping a dead horse". you chose the right words for yourself.

and unlike me, when i make a mistake, I clear it up,

you dont!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
loved the FACT that you have been lying about your affilation with the satanic cult of ellen white.LOL.

lying all of this time and LTM calls you one of gods chosen.

from your link.

{Ellen White says in RH, January 11,1887 par. 15}
Already the restraining Spirit of God is being withdrawn from the earth. Hurricanes, storms, tempests, fire and flood, disasters by sea and land, follow each other in quick succession. Science seeks to explain all these.

more from this link that shows it is sda baloney.
Movements towards Sunday Law - Adventist Online
www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/movement... ... ones who are bringing wrath upon the world. This falsehood is Satan’s device that he may ensnare the unwary.—The Southern Watchman, June 28, 1904.–{ChS 155.2
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>if you want to observe saturday as Shabbat. you ought to learn to spell it correctly.
Shabbat (Hebrew: &#1513;&#1463;&#14 73;&#1489;&#1464;& #1468;&#1514;&#8206;, "rest" or "cessation") or Shabbos (Yiddish: &#1513;&#1488;&#14 89;&#1468;&#1506;& #1505;) is the Jewish day of rest and seventh day of the week, on which they remember the traditional creation of the heavens and the earth in six days and the Exodus of the Hebrews,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat
you arent jewish and I know his for a fact.
they are very intelligent people and you aint.
I see why no one likes you you are a idiot.....keep up the good work you are doing a great job.
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that Preston is Catholic???
lol......
all i know is he is a full blown idiot.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I expected no less from you LTM. you made the accusation that I said that you wanted me dead and I proved that I never said that about YOU. that it was orville.
and even when you are shown that you are wrong in your accusations, you will not apologize.
in your false accusation, you did"touch" me and you will answer for it.
and I have never said that I was a Prophet.
that is the last part of that "WARNING" THAT YOU HAVE FAILED TO HEED.
you sold your soul for that piece of garbage , ORVILLE AND THOSE OTHERS THAT i HAVE SHOWED THEY ARE LIARS.
and they certainly are not God chosen,He doesnt choose liars and frauds.not to mention cowards.
"whipping a dead horse". you chose the right words for yourself.
and unlike me, when i make a mistake, I clear it up,
you dont!
Touch Not Mine Anointed
by David Wilkerson | November 13, 2001
[May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011]

PDF TXT Print

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm" (Psalm 105:15). This brief verse contains a powerful warning from our Lord. And he means every word of it: woe to any nation or individual who lays a hand on those who are chosen of God. And woe to anyone who does harm to his prophets.

This severe warning has a dual application. First, the "anointed" and "prophets" here refer to natural Israel, God's people of the Old Testament. Yet God's warning not to harm his chosen continues to apply today. It also covers his spiritual Israel, that is, his church.

We mainly think of this warning in reference to Old Testament prophets or present-day ministers who stand for truth. It appears to be a declaration of God's protection over his servants
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's scary. I don't like insulting them, but if my kids ever ended it up in one of those id be knocking down the door.
Here Get to studying:

Symbols In Bible Prophecy

http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre00symbols.ht...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>I see why no one likes you you are a idiot.....keep up the good work you are doing a great job.
God never said that I would be liked in fact just the opposite.

he said the World hated me first, so it will hate you too.

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
john 15:18.

I wonder what kind of reception that you would receive if I posted some posts about you on another forum when you use the nick of yadahim?

you make charles manson look like a prison superindent
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Here Get to studying:
I saw some symbols in your sda links.lol

someone stole a bunch of them from the masons.

anyway, who needs symbols when the Word is already ours.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

http://www.jesusisfreedom.net/ seventh-day-adventists-symbols .html.

in the future dont OUT yourself.lol

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you wer proven to be afake along time ago, and tho I dont reccomend it, all aperson ahs to do is google "yadahim" to find out what apervert taht you are.
also, he is lying, he is and does belong to the sda.
Christians dont celebrate Saturday as our Day of Rest. God gave that day for the Israelites as everybody knows.
Jesus was resurrected on Sunday, since He cried out on that Cross,
"IT IS FINISHED".
and on that Seventh Day, His work was done and He went back to His Father, back to His Day of Rest.
preston

I kind of disagree with you here. It is our sense of "weekend", which is the problem.

On Good Friday, Jesus declared, It is finished. Yes....This is the 6th day of creation.

On Holy Saturday, he was dead, and buried....The work was finished. It was a time of rest in a sense, for the old creation....The seventh day....

On Resurrection Sunday, he was resurrected, and the new creation began. And this was of bodily form.

The problem is our secularization of the "weekend". Actually Saturday is the 7th day. And Sunday is either the 8th day, or the 1st day of a new week. This is what we are a part of, the New Creation, and it is perpetual....

But as you say he entered back into his rest. And we also when we become Christians enter it also....
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

You see what you wanna see.. And people get a thrill off Apocalyptic talk.
When I was a kid (in Catholic school) my friends and I would read Revelation all the time. We would bring it down to the lunch room and go over that stuff. Then, we'd compare it to the Metallica and Slayer songs we were listening to. Like "The Four Horsemen"
It was a cheap thrill.

You risk your soul adding things to Revelation. You're only fooling yourself if you think your justified teaching what you think the Angel told John.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, can i believe your last statement. I mean several times, you have said that you were leaving this forum for good and and it wouldnt take very long when you were right back here.YOU DO KNOW THAT IS CALLED LYING ,DONT YOU?

and then you made a covenant with me(and it only concerned you and I not insulting each other)and it lasted for just a few weeks.

you are just a very unstable person.

you say one thing ,then turn around and say something else.

you are a menace to not only yourself but to others.you need to find a doctor and be admitted and get help, you need it.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>loved the FACT that you have been lying about your affilation with the satanic cult of ellen white.LOL.
lying all of this time and LTM calls you one of gods chosen.
from your link.
{Ellen White says in RH, January 11,1887 par. 15}
Already the restraining Spirit of God is being withdrawn from the earth. Hurricanes, storms, tempests, fire and flood, disasters by sea and land, follow each other in quick succession. Science seeks to explain all these.
more from this link that shows it is sda baloney.
Movements towards Sunday Law - Adventist Online
www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/movement... ... ones who are bringing wrath upon the world. This falsehood is Satan’s device that he may ensnare the unwary.—The Southern Watchman, June 28, 1904.–{ChS 155.2
When I have borrowed links from baptist , Catholic, J.W. etc it did not make me one nor doe si tnow. There is truth mixed with lie in almost all denominations that streamed down from the RCC traditions.

I googled bible symbols and their meanings that just happened to be the first with a list to copy and paste from. No big deal. Get a Life you Satanic Troll.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I kind of disagree with you here. It is our sense of "weekend", which is the problem.
On Good Friday, Jesus declared, It is finished. Yes....This is the 6th day of creation.
On Holy Saturday, he was dead, and buried....The work was finished. It was a time of rest in a sense, for the old creation....The seventh day....
On Resurrection Sunday, he was resurrected, and the new creation began. And this was of bodily form.
The problem is our secularization of the "weekend". Actually Saturday is the 7th day. And Sunday is either the 8th day, or the 1st day of a new week. This is what we are a part of, the New Creation, and it is perpetual....
But as you say he entered back into his rest. And we also when we become Christians enter it also....
I agree, as Christians,we enter into His rest with Him.

it makes no difference as to whether we consider Sunday as the 1st day or the 8th(I have heard of that before). the fact remains that His work was totally finished on Sunday. His death is very important to us but His Resurection is what puts Him above any other important person that has ever lived.

if he only died, then His work was uncompleted, we need that Resurection, to complete the Mission and work that His father gave Him
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says......
The Church had the authority to change the Sabbath, because Jesus gave them the Authority.
Sunday was set aside from the earliest possible beginnings of the Church. So people in various cults like SDAs, are in effect, changing what the Apostles clearly taught.
What a BS! weak knee excuse to change the jewish sabbath. Why change it at all Clay.
The apostles you say!! They were nothing but a bunch of sunday afternoon illiterate fisherman, and all of a sudden they jump 20 rungs up to be scripture writers. UNBELIEVABLE!
Constantine was the strong muslce and strong arm for the early catholic church, and Constantine strong armed his way into changing the sabbath to coincide with his own pagan beliefs. He worshipped the sun-god.....which he morphed into SUN-GOD....SUN-DAY......SUNDAY worship.
The catholic fathers went right along with that because they wanted to take any remnants of the JEW out of jesus and the laws of Moses.
The conflicting part of this is that the OT is all part of the scriptures, yet the catholic church changed what was written in the OT.
something is terribly wrong!
Thank Goodness I opted out of this nonsense...
I don't know what to say Mike. I already told you Christians observed Sunday 200 yrs BEFORE Constantine was even born.
You're just repeating the core Protestant lie that Constantine was responsible for Catholicism.
They need that lie so they can have an excuse to exist.
Like them, you also need that lie so you can feel justified. I expect you and them to ignore every fact presented about Constantine, because you people must submit to total ignorance to survive.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

with this post, you can se why the sda cultist doesnt like me.lol

Seventh-day Adventists Falsely Claim They are the Only True Church

The key to the preceding quote I gave you is question #13, which mandates that a person joining the SDA Church MUST (without exception) believe that “the Seventh-day Adventist Church is the remnant church of Bible prophecy.” This means that all other religions, including Baptist and Presbyterian, are viewed as being of the Devil by SDAs. SDAs arrogantly, and sinfully, teach that their organization is the only True Church, and that everyone else is following the Devil.

I can proudly say that I am a Baptist; but there’s no such thing as “The Baptist Church.” Jesus never founded a “Baptist Church.” Jesus is the foundation of the Church, period (1st Corinthians 3:11). Thus, there are numerous denominations which teach the Word of God faithfully concerning the plan of salvation. The mighty evangelist, Billy Sunday, was a Presbyterian minister. The mighty pastor, Dwight Moody, was a Baptist. Many godly pastors are non-denominational. They are all a part of the Body of Christ. For any religious group, such as the SDAs or Jehovah’s Witnesses to claim that they are the only True Church is unbiblical and a false teaching.

Interesting, from looking at the “Fundamental Beliefs of Seventh-day Adventists”(outlined on pages 7-17 in the SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH MANUAL), Baptists and SDAs align almost identically doctrinally concerning the Godhead, the Deity of Jesus Christ, Jesus’ Shed Blood, the Virgin Birth, et cetera. In fact, some writers such as Walter Martin have made the fatal mistake of identifying the SDAs as a Christian cult. My friend, there is NO such thing as a “Christian cult.” SDA is a demonic cult, as you will learn in the next section.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 389,201 - 389,220 of530,381
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••