Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,161 - 389,180 of 533,731 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Clay wrote:
That's ridiculous. Show me where the Books of the Bible make such a claim?
How can you possibly teach such a thing?
Also, why on Earth would the Roman Catholic Church put Revelation in the Bible if John was describing THEM!
Do you see how illogical you are?
Do you see how you're adding to Johns book by teaching something that God does not want you to?
Woman, Pure = True Church Jeremiah 6:2; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-27
Woman, Corrupt = Apostate church -Ezekiel 16:15-58; 23:2-21; Hos. 2:5; 3:1; Rev. 14:4

Jeremiah 6

King James Version (KJV)

6 O ye children of Benjamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Jerusalem, and blow the trumpet in Tekoa, and set up a sign of fire in Bethhaccerem: for evil appeareth out of the north, and great destruction.

2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
continued to clay
Angel = Messenger Daniel 8:16; 9:21; Luke 1:19, 26; Hebrews 1:14
Babylon = apostasy/confusion/rebellion Gen. 10:8-10; 11:6-9; Rev. 18:2, 3; 17:1-5
Mark = Sign or seal of approval or disapproval Ezekiel 9:4; Romans 4:11; Revelation 13:17; 14:9-11; 7:2, 3
Seal = Sign or mark of approval or disapproval Romans 4:11; Revelation 7:2, 3
White Robes=Victory/righteousness Revelation 19:8; 3:5; 7:14
Jar / Vessel=Person ,Jeremiah 18:1-4, 2 Corinthians 4:7
Time = 360 Day Daniel 4:16, 23, 25, 32; 7:25; Daniel 11:13 margin
Times = 720 Days Daniel 7:25, Revelation 12:6,14, 13:5
Day = Literal year Ezekiel 4:6; Numbers 14:34
Trumpet = loud warning of God's approach Exodus 19:16-17, Joshua 6:4-5.
. Ships= Commerce,trade,economics Psalms 107:23,Proverbs 31:14,Isaiah 60:9
Actions, Activities, and Physical States
Healing = Salvation Luke 5:23-24
Leprosy / Sickness = Sin Luke 5:23-24
Famine = Dearth of Truth Amos 8:11
People and Body Parts
Woman, Pure = True Church Jeremiah 6:2; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-27
Woman, Corrupt = Apostate church -Ezekiel 16:15-58; 23:2-21; Hos. 2:5; 3:1; Rev. 14:4
Thief = Suddenness of Jesus' coming 1 Thessalonians 5:2-4; 2 Peter 3:10
Hand = Deeds / Works / Actions Ecclesiastes 9:10, Isaiah 59:6
Forehead = Mind Deuteronomy 6:6-8, Romans 7:25; Ezekiel 3:8, 9
Feet = Your Walk / Direction Genesis 19:2, Psalm 119:105
Eyes = Spiritual Discernment Matthew 13:10-17, 1 John 2:11
Skin = Christ's righteousness Exodus 12:5, 1 Peter 1:19, Isaiah 1:4-6
Harlot = Apostate church/religion Isaiah 1:21-27; Jeremiah 3:1-3; 6-9
Heads = Major powers/rulers/governments Revelation 17:3, 9, 10
http://thetruthandthetruthalone.blogspot.com/...
This is quite bizarre..
I don't understand what you're doing.

I'm taken aback by this apparent zombie like approach to sacred scriptures.

Should the Bible really be read like this? Should you realty be isolating words like that?

I don't think you know what you're doing. Its best to leave the Bible alone. It does not belong to you and is not for you to interpret.
God already gave Earthly Authorities the job of interpreting it. You people are too late in the game.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone ever believed Dec 25th was Jesus actual Birthday.
As for your other claims...
The Church had the authority to change the Sabbath, because Jesus gave them the Authority.
Sunday was set aside from the earliest possible beginnings of the Church. So people in various cults like SDAs, are in effect, changing what the Apostles clearly taught.
Read my post for a very clear understanding and why jethro, the sda guy, and yadahim are wrong.and any other person who insists that we must Observe shabat as our holy day

Shabat is for the Israelites and the Church is not Israel and we have no need to claim it as our day of Rest.

and from the Services of the very earliest Christians, Sunday was the Day for them to gather to Worshp God and His son

I, like you, am satisfied with what Jesus did on the Cross and any person who insists that Shabat must be observed as the christian day of rest, are ignoring the Sacrifice and His Resurrection

and I believe that myself as well as the RCC are in agreement with this very important doctrine and theology
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite bizarre..
Should the Bible really be read like this? Should you realty be isolating words like that?
I don't think you know what you're doing. Its best to leave the Bible alone. It does not belong to you and is not for you to interpret.
God already gave Earthly Authorities the job of interpreting it. You people are too late in the game.
I wish that I had teh ability to judge this psot and so since I dont,

INTERESTING, BRILLIANT AND I AGREE.

and since he follows ellen white, he is in that zombie state and will be resurrected as such
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite bizarre..
God gave all authority in heaven and on earth to Jesus, you must get your interpretation from Him alone.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite bizarre..
he seems to be getting this false teaching a bout Shabat from this site, which is hiding it doctrinal theology, but it is clear that it is sda false techings.
http://1844rj.tripod.com/maranatha/id12.html
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

I see YOU Preston have gone off the deep end, or is it a side-effect from the pharma meds you are likely taking.

Your out of control, may the Lord heal or rebuke you.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

LTM, YOU ARE AN IDIOT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
AT NO TIME HAVE I SAID THAT ABOUT YOU.
NOW READ MY LIPS.
AND CLAY IS HERE , HE WILL AGREE WITH ME.
ORVILLE SAID THAT HE PRAYED THAT GOD WOULD KILL ME.
now can you understand that?
AGAIN.
ORVILLE SAID THAT TO ME,
NOT YOU.
I ememer when you first come on here and ONE of the first things that I ever said to you was that your knowledge of the Queens English in "NIL AND VOID".
and I aint going back to find Orvilles post. if you are that stupid that you cant understand english, live with it.
and that IS WHY, ORVILLE HAS ATTACKED ME SO MUCH, THE DEMON THAT HE SAYS IS ME ACTUALLY CONTROLS HIM,
and it looks like it ahs a pretty good hold on you.
I NEVER APOLOGIZED FOR YOU TO HOJO, I did it because it was Gods will,
and I am glad that I did ,since you went and said the same thing again.
hopefully HOJO accepted my apology, and I believe that he did.
just because he defends His faith, doesnt mean that he is full of garbage. every person on here defends their faith or their lack of it, HOJO is no different, at least unlike jethro and mike, he has something and old LTM up in canada remains on the sideline as far as they are concerned.
as harsh as I have talked to people about their lies and deceitfulness, I dont assume that garbage is in their body,
WITH YOU THO, I AINT CERTAIN.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's your Daddy???
Who's the head of your church???
Jesus Christ----plain and simple!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
I see YOU Preston have gone off the deep end, or is it a side-effect from the pharma meds you are likely taking.
Your out of control, may the Lord heal or rebuke you.
lol. wanna tell me where I am out of control.

talk to your "big sister", she tried to say that I said that she wanted me dead or something.

she is on the meds that have deeply affected her,

I am doing fine, I very seldom have any apin withthe shingles.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says he is not going to be judged by God! He is perfect.
unbelievable!
You continue to be "an expert" at twisting the TRUTH. Where and when did I say that I am not going to be judged by God! Yes---you are Michael---UNBELIEVABLE!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says he is not going to be judged by God! He is perfect.
unbelievable!
What I "did say" and you know (perfectly well) what I meant, is that I am not your judge, but that God is going to judge you (and me, as well) when we leave this earth.!!!! This is just more of your same--same---"manipulatio n" of words, ideas, phrases and sentences! No wonder you left the Catholic Church!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

YOUR POST IS SO SCREWED UP THAT i CANT RETURN A REPLY ANY OTHER WAY.

QUOTE who="LTM"]<quoted text>
PLEASE SHOW ME THE MESSAGE WERE I EVER SAID I WISH YOU DEAD PRESTON!!! I have never said that about anyone on here or in my life connections.
to say that about me is a lie Preston you are lying now yourself.

ME;

YOU ATTACKED ME YET SAID NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THEM ATTACKING ME FIRST.
I suppose that you think it is ok for {{{a false prophet like orville to wish me dead.}}} I mean that is godly talk, isnt it?
now put your glasses on and read that last sentance and I used quotation marks to help you see it better.
THIS ARGUMENT STARTED BECAUSE ORVILLE LIED ABOUT JESUS NOT PAYING ANY TAXES AND EVER SINCE HE HAS TAKEN EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO HINDER ME INCLUDING LYING CONSTANTLY,
AND I DEFEND MYSELF.
anyway live and learn. I am not like you, when i say something, I can prove it.
AGAIN FOR YOU TO READ.
I suppose that you think it is ok for {{{a false prophet like orville to wish me dead.}}} I mean that is godly talk, isnt it?
HOW IN THE WORLD COULD YOU OR ANYONE ELSE MISS THAT STATEMENT? IT WAS THE LAST ONE ON THAT POST
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What I "did say" and you know (perfectly well) what I meant, is that I am not your judge, but that God is going to judge you (and me, as well) when we leave this earth.!!!! This is just more of your same--same---"manipulatio n" of words, ideas, phrases and sentences! No wonder you left the Catholic Church!!!
I doubt if mike left willing, the stench that emits from him is evident even across the internet.and since he lives in canada, he cant take a bath until the next chinook

yet LTM remains silent about that person, oh well, she probably is his neighbor and has first hand knowledge about garbage, since they dump most of their garbage in Lake Erie .

and the US has to pay to clean it up
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you are very welcome HOJO.
when I cross over and it could be any day, I have used up my allotted time of 3 score and ten, I want to stand and say to my Savior that I have stood for what is right and His Truth.
I believe that anthony hit the nail on the head the other day when he asked me a question as to why the (so called ) protestants wish other chrsitians dead but the catholics never say things like that.
I gave him what I thought was an honest answer. "you were taught better, growing up in your church"
Thanks Preston! I was raised as Protestant, but (eventually) couldn't "stomach" the perverted anti-catholic lies, deceit and distorted condemning and judging of other Christians,--(especially Catholics)...... Understand, that not every Protestant is like that--but there are those "bible only" heretics (and they know who they are on this forum) that are so "insecure in their own faith" and have to criticize the salvation and faith of others (especially Catholics) in order to built up their own (re-liable, un-substantianted and unproven biblical doctrine that they so (unsuccessfully "push" on others!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>he seems to be getting this false teaching a bout Shabat from this site, which is hiding it doctrinal theology, but it is clear that it is sda false techings.
http://1844rj.tripod.com/maranatha/id12.html
That's scary. I don't like insulting them, but if my kids ever ended it up in one of those id be knocking down the door.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone ever believed Dec 25th was Jesus actual Birthday.
As for your other claims...
The Church had the authority to change the Sabbath, because Jesus gave them the Authority.
Sunday was set aside from the earliest possible beginnings of the Church. So people in various cults like SDAs, are in effect, changing what the Apostles clearly taught.
show me the passage where jesus gives his authority that defies his father, and grants a man made, man created position of a pagan christian church the right to change the sabbath. in the bible it states Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.gods law it can not be changed. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.the position of pope was created by divinity,it was created by man,they have no authority to change or do anything.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

off to dinner, happy thanks giving all!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Proof that you are a liar. Topix rejected a word (not perverted word) that I copied from a CHRISTIAN DICTIONARY.
KayMarie
KM, I did see that word that you mentioned on those dictionaries that I copied.

unlike you, when I saw that word, i stopped for one reason, it didnt seem to agree with the other words being given,

but I could see just why topix would not let you use it.

you should have been as smart as me. I didnt try in the first place. common sense would have told you that it wasnt a nice application.

BUT IF YOU HAD ANY COMMON SESNSE, YOU WOULDNT HAVE SAID THAT JESUS WAS SPEAKING IN TONGUES, AFTER ALL, YOU GOT HIM BEHIND YOUR SKIRT AND SO YOU COULD HAVE ASKED HIM IF YOU SHOULD TRY AND POST THAT WORD.

I DONT HAVE 125 YEARS OF BIBLE STUDY BUT I GOT LOTS OF COMMON SENSE WHICH IS WHY I NEVER POSTED THAT WORD NOR TRIED, LIKE YOU.LOL
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD. GONNA SNIP MOST OF IT JUST THE LAST IS IMPORTANT.

preston
Waverly, OH
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Saturday Nov 10 Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston" AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES, I HAVE FINGERS THAT ARE CROOKED DUE TO NERVE DAMAGE WHERE I GOT SHOT IN THE ARM AND THE ULNAR NERVE WAS ALMOST TORN IN TWO. SO I DO THE BEST THAT I CAN.
MY TYPING ISNT VERY GOOD AND I ADMIT IT.
BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE ME ALIAR,
but your husband is certainly the biggest liar on here. he falsely accuses me of many things and when he is proved to be aliar, he leaves for awhile and YOU come on.
tHE difference between me and him is that if I make a mistake, I admit it and correct it.
HE NEVER DOES ,SO SOMEDAY, THOSE SINS WILL FOLLOW HIM TO JUDGEMENT.
BTW, sometimes two letters will be side by side when they shouldnt and that is because my finges hit both keys at once.
I CANT HELP MY TYPING PROBLEMS BUT YOUR HUSBAND CAN HELP HIS LYING.
KayMarie
sorry, but I dont make friends with teh devil and his followers.

like you ,who even tho you knew of my physical problems typing still chose to mock them.

SO KAY, THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES OF THE TYPE OF CHARACTER THAT YOU POSSESS. i WOULD SOONER SLEEP WITH A RATTLESNAKE THAN BE FRIENDS WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND HIM, TO BE HONEST.

JUST WHY DOES ANTHONY CALL YOU AND HIM ANANIAS AND SAPHRIRA? HE HAD TO HAVE A GOOD REASON. AND THO HE AND I HAVE DISAGREED FOR 4 YEARS, HE CALLS YOUR HUSBAND A COWARD AND SAYS THAT AT LEAST, I CORRECTLY USE THE SCRIPTURES TO BOLSTER MY POV.

and you are lying because almost everytime that mr fraud comes on here, his first few post that he makes will include one that attacks me, this has been his history.

SEE THIS;
{several times I have tried to reach out to him but was rebuffed,}

which that is okay, it makes this forum more interesting since I Preach the Truth on here and he lies constantly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 3 hr Barbarian 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Scales Off 8,199
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 14 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 22 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••