Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,121 - 389,140 of 533,003 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
The only 'TRUE' church is each and every member of the body of Christ who has trusted in Him,and Him alone,for forgivness of their sins and salvation of their souls!!!
A powerful truth that every believer needs to ponder on,rather than just to quickly agree with.There is much to be said about that wonderful born-again experience Jesus spoke of in the third chapter of John.If Nicodemus a Pharisee,and a priest in the Jewish court needed it,so do I.Jesus never tells us we need something just to give us a burden that we cannot carry,but He gives us that which we can bear.Being born of His spirit enters our life into His,and we need to meditate on that.

We are the church,it is not a building. We agree on this one reality.God bless you and yours this holiday,and eat healthy!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

ltm wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, I am very glad you were healed,I don't think you are evil either.
I do think you have issues Preston, because unless people agree with you according to you they are stupid idiots, or lairs. No one agrees with everyone on all issues, because everyone is different and have their own thoughts and feelings about things.
Men and woman are different our emotions work different Preston.
Your Knowledge on the Bible is wonderful , but on the name calling and you bring up issues that have been discussed many times over is what I don't agree with Preston, its like beating a dead horse again and again.
Exactly what I was going to post.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

4GVN wrote:
LTM,looks like it s your turn. The nut case has got to b attackng someone.........It is his 'CHRISTIAN' duty. What a pathetic excuse for a christian, let alone a 'preacher'.
Hope you and your family will be happy and enjoy that wonderful meal together.We all have our HOPE in Christ and looking forward to His Coming. I have to work today,but a free meal is there,and a sensible one,we will not be able to gorge. Take care! DAN.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO, I want to apologize for the words that LTM said to you. those words came from her heart but they never came in the form of a righteous person debating their faith.
hopefully she will come to the realization that she was wrong, but with the crowd that is now backing her, I sincerely doubt it.
Thanks preston!! A happy and blessed Thanksgiving, this day,to you and your family.
HoJO, I don't want you to think that Preston speaks for me in anyway and when he apologizes for me it really isn't heart felt on his part.
I do hope you have a great Thanksgiving, but only the true word of God is going to satisfy the hunger in your soul.
The catholic church is feed you a water down doctrine it is a tradition the catholic church made up and it is garbage and you are devouring every bite of it.
I will not apologize for saying that because it is true.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>seems everyone hates everyone....
Were all just play acting. At the end of the day we all go out for a beer with each other.

Do you not believe me?(lol)

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

ltm wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, I am very glad you were healed,I don't think you are evil either.
I do think you have issues Preston, because unless people agree with you according to you they are stupid idiots, or lairs. No one agrees with everyone on all issues, because everyone is different and have their own thoughts and feelings about things.
Men and woman are different our emotions work different Preston.
Your Knowledge on the Bible is wonderful , but on the name calling and you bring up issues that have been discussed many times over is what I don't agree with Preston, its like beating a dead horse again and again.
sorry, but your words fall on deaf ears.

when I am attacked by someone who wishes me DEAD, THAT AINT A CHRISTIAN.

AND THE WORDS THAT YOU SAID TO HOJO ARE NOT CHRIST LIKE EITHER.

I bit my tongue and didnt say something when you wrote what you did,to HOJO, and I should have.

I thought my word to you was more imporant than speaking out against the filth that you spewed.

and I found out that it wasnt. I am to stand for God and let the chips fall where they may.

pehaps you paid no attention to reggie when she said that you had crosssed the line in a previous post, and i kept silent over that too.

issues have never been the cause of me standing as i do. when a person lies and mrs fraud did as I showed you, then a Chrisitan MUST take a stand, AND YOU DIDNT SO THAT LETS YOU OUT.

Scriptures on "Lying"
Email This Page To A Friend

See Also:

Communication
Slander
Truth
Do not lie. Do not deceive one another.(Leviticus 19:11)
No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.
(Psalm 101:7)
The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful.(Proverbs 12:22)
You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.(Psalm 5:6)
Better to be poor than a liar.(Proverbs 19:22)
He whose tongue is deceitful falls into trouble.
(Proverbs 17:20)
O Lord, do not your eyes look for truth?(Jeremiah 5:3)
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.(Proverbs 12:19)
An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.
(Proverbs 24:26)
The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.(Proverbs 13:5)
The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
(Proverbs 11:3)
I hate and abhor falsehood but I love your law.
(Psalm 119:163)
A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.(Proverbs 26:28)
Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning.(Jeremiah 9:5)
You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth.(Psalm 52:3)
Like a club or a sword or a sharp arrow is the man who gives false testimony against his neighbor.
(Proverbs 25:18)
Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I was only joking!" (Proverbs 26:18-19)
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.(Ephesians 4:25)
You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.(Deuteronomy 5:20)
Keep falsehood and lies far from me.(Proverbs 30:7-8)
Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law.(Psalm 119:29)
Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.(Psalm 34:12-13)
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.(Matthew 12:37)
**Copyright, 2002, Brian Campbell (Permission is granted to copy for personal use only.)

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Scriptures on "Lying"

See Also:

Communication
Slander
Truth
No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.
The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful.(Proverbs 12:22)
You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.(Psalm 5:6)
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.(Proverbs 12:19)
The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.(Proverbs 13:5)
The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.(Proverbs 26:28)
Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning.(Jeremiah 9:5)
You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth.(Psalm 52:3)
Like a club or a sword or a sharp arrow is the man who gives false testimony against his neighbor.
Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I was only joking!" (Proverbs 26:18-19)
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.(Ephesians 4:25)
Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.(Psalm 34:12-13)
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.(Matthew 12:37)
**Copyright, 2002, Brian Campbell (Permission is granted to copy for personal use only.)

Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dan!
I will be watching football. I have two adult sons and one adult daughter. I get all the stations you guys get. The closet american team to us are the Bills. We know how they have started off poorly.
Our canadian football league final comes up this sunday in Toronto East versus West. The Grey Cup......100th anniversary.
Our thanksgiving was back in October, but I could sure go for some turkey/stuffing today.(lol)
Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.
ps I will rack my brain to see what controversial topics I can bring up for the rest of the week that will stir the pot up.
I'm sure you will.LOL.
Interesting that the Canadians celebrate TG in October,I didn't know that.

If you ever watch EWTN,on JOURNEY HOME with Marcus Brodi,he interviews a very intelligent young man named BRAD SWEET from Nova Scotia,he is a priest.The young priest has had a wonderful career in your Canadian Navy,until he decided to become a priest.You can watch it on youtube.com as well just put in Journey Home EWTN.

Take Care!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but your words fall on deaf ears.
I bit my tongue and didnt say something when you wrote what you did,to HOJO, and I should have.
I thought my word to you was more imporant than speaking out against the filth that you spewed.
and I found out that it wasnt. I am to stand for God and let the chips fall where they may.
pehaps you paid no attention to reggie when she said that you had crosssed the line in a previous post, and i kept silent over that too.
issues have never been the cause of me standing as i do. when a person lies and mrs fraud did as I showed you, then a Chrisitan MUST take a stand, AND YOU DIDNT SO THAT LETS YOU OUT.
Scriptures on "Lying"
See Also:
Communication
Slander
Truth
Preston says to LTM.....sorry, but your words fall on deaf ears.

Michael says....no they didn't. I heard them!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
preston wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO, I want to apologize for the words that LTM said to you. those words came from her heart but they never came in the form of a righteous person debating their faith.
hopefully she will come to the realization that she was wrong, but with the crowd that is now backing her, I sincerely doubt it.
Thanks preston!! A happy and blessed Thanksgiving, this day,to you and your family.
HoJO, I don't want you to think that Preston speaks for me in anyway and when he apologizes for me it really isn't heart felt on his part.
I do hope you have a great Thanksgiving, but only the true word of God is going to satisfy the hunger in your soul.
The catholic church is feed you a water down doctrine it is a tradition the catholic church made up and it is garbage and you are devouring every bite of it.
I will not apologize for saying that because it is true.
i WOULD NEVER PRESUME TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

I am much to intelligent to lower myself to your level.

I apologized to HOJO because I felt that is what God would have me to do, since you havent nor did you in this reply.

it was filthy and I dont know just how a person would apologize for what you said,

but you should at least try.I am cetain that he would like that gesture.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all baloney, and I will prove it. If God is not happy with me and the protestants than I ask God right now, to strike us dead right this minute!
57, 58, 59 , 1.00 were all still here! Sorry
Busted!
Dangerous talk Michael.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I did read your responses to my post about Jesus and the unknown tongues.I do not consider the Aramaic or Hebrew spoken from the Cross to be unknown tongues,so with that I will agree with you.Hope you and your family will be happy together and enjoy this holiday. DAN.
I don't consider them unknown tongues either but none the less 'tongues' as the language is not understood by all. I thought we'd agreed that was what the gifts of tongues were, understanding other languages.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but your words fall on deaf ears.
Scriptures on "Lying"
See Also:
Communication
Slander
Truth
Preston.

People in america should be able to worship or not worship anyway they want to.

You and all other religious people should be JOYFUL in celebrating the fact that you live in a secular society that ALLOWS everyone to practice THEIR religion in peace without fearing the imposition of someone else's beliefs upon them as would happen in a one religion theocracy country. You Preston are free to practice your faith anyway you like, and so is everyone else.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I did read your responses to my post about Jesus and the unknown tongues.I do not consider the Aramaic or Hebrew spoken from the Cross to be unknown tongues,so with that I will agree with you.Hope you and your family will be happy together and enjoy this holiday. DAN.
Lying Spirits
October 23rd, 2012 | Author: Ron
“You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”(Jn. 8:44)

When a lie is removed, the enemy loses the power of persuasion! Satan cannot stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. His pursuit is to kill, because he is a murderer; to steal, because he is a thief and to destroy, because he is the father of lies. No question God’s Truth matters. In fact, truth is our foundation… we must be people who embrace the truth, speak the truth and guard the truth.

Our Spiritual Gardens:

A lie does not tell itself or grow by itself. It uses the soil of the human heart. Lies are like weeds growing in the midst of other plants in the garden, but they steal resources, drain energy and choke out good growth. Also, like weeds, a good gardener(WHICH IS JUST WHAT I DID WHEN SHE LIED AND MOCKED THE WORDS OF JESUS WHILE HE WAS SUFFERING ON THE CROSS) will pull them out as quickly as they are spotted. We must be like Christ and learn to discern a lie quickly, or else it will begin to rule the garden. It will try to ”father” us.

Context:

Truth has a context and that context is Christ and Scripture. Truth is reality from God’s perspective. Perhaps that is the first and easiest contrast to draw between truth and lies. No liar wants you to put things in context or dig around at the original source! Anyone can quote a Bible verse to prove their point; but the devil, the “father” of lies aims to deceive. The devil did this with Christ by pulling truth out of context (Mt. 4:1-11)(SEE THIS MRS FRAUD).

Yet, fully equipped in the truth, Jesus boldly stated,“It is written!” Only the Words of Truth bring freedom from satanic lies. The Bible speaks of itself when it says, its alive and active like a two-edged sword that cuts between soul and spirit. Its a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the human heart (Heb. 4:12). The more we rely on the Word of Truth, the more clarity we have and the more confident we become.

Lies are Counterfeits:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider them unknown tongues either but none the less 'tongues' as the language is not understood by all. I thought we'd agreed that was what the gifts of tongues were, understanding other languages.
THE PURPOSE of his reply to me was that mrs fraud lied and said that teh words of Jesus spoken on the crosss were tongues and she used other examples in the OT and at that time, the Holy Ghost was not yet given(John 7:39).

when a person has to resort to lying or deceitfulness, they lack a very important proponet of Christianity
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

and LTM, I dont usually get icons that are favorable to me but your post to me was marked by several people as being very negative towards me.lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Dangerous talk Michael.
I live a dangerous life. What can I say.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>hojo,guess what? The Bible is the Word .You believe that God should tolerate false religion in your one true and holy Apostolic Church? Of course not,neither does He so God judges,prunes and even removes His glory from those who claim to be His.
Yes--the bible IS the word of God--however it is not the "only source of truth" that God chose to transmit His divine infallible word! It can't be because the bible "cannot interpret itself"! That why in I Tim 3:15, Paul calls the Church (not the bible) the pillar, the pinnacle foundation of the TRUTH. You keep arguing that the bible is the only and final authority. However, not only does the Bible "never say that", but the Bible tells us that the (Church) is the final authority. If you want to be faithful to the Bible, then you must be faithful and adhere to the words of Paul in Timothy and follow the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible (only) in Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church....... This is exactly why bible only Protestants have "accumulated" an inconsistent, contradicting, and conflicting "hodge-podge" of over 42,000+ Protestant denomination of confusion and chaos in their "self-interpretation, with their own self-appointed 42,000+ popes,(mis-interpreting the bible) that HAVE NEVER, nor WILL EVER agree on ANYTHING accept attacking and condemning Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
and LTM, I dont usually get icons that are favorable to me but your post to me was marked by several people as being very negative towards me.lol
Preston says.........I dont usually get icons that are favorable to me.

Michael says....... I wonder why that is? Any idea Preston?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The next time you grab our book of Revelation and teach the children that the whore of Babylon is the Catholic Church, you are securing your fate. You are adding to the Book. You are inserting your own personal opinion that is opposite of what the Angel was trying to show John.
Can you think of a better word i should use other than fool?
Most peole realize in other scripture the WOMAN is deifibes as a Church. In Revealtions tghere is two women One the true church the other a false chuch that commits spiritual fornication. Idescribes her to a tee and their is no other church but the RCC that fits this description. You need to let the Bible (Gods Bible) interpret itself and you will maybe be able to see for yourself.

It is by Gods word and his intepretations that we know horns are kingdoms, two candle sticks / witnesses are the old and new testaments that are a light unto the word etc.

The Bible intereprets itself period. All we are to do is watch and see who/what fits.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Ecko 8,182
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••