Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,925
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404045 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>live and learn, jadahim.
Seventh-day Adventists teach the following about the Ellen White:
1. Ellen G. White plays a central role in the SDA Church. One of the "27 Fundamental Beliefs" of the SDA Church is that Ellen White manifested the gift of prophecy and her writings are "authoritative" for the Adventist Church:
"18. The Gift of Prophecy: One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White. As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested.(Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)"
Adventists have two "inspired" sources of truth: The Bible and the writings of Ellen G. White, which they refer to as the Spirit of Prophecy. Adventists say that the Bible is their primary source of guidance. It is called the "greater light". As recently as 2005, the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists reaffirmed in a statement entitled "Resolution on the Spirit of Prophecy" that Mrs. White's writings contain "divine counsel" and are a source of "guidance, instruction, correction" for the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Mrs. White's writings, although much more voluminous than the Bible writings, are referred to as the "lesser light".
2. Revelation 12:17 provides two identifying marks of the true remnant church in the last days:
http://www.nonsda.org/study10.shtml
jadahim thats a good one but their was never a j in the hebrew language at this time....as for me i would never worship a woman.or listen to one....i don't think they are even to preach....they like the rest lack understanding that only come from Yahweh.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#404046 Nov 22, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says from the childrens table... Bless you God for our bountiful meal today, but God do not bless Confrint./KayMarie..........an d Michael. AMEN!
A deep voice from up above startles Preston, and God says I like Confrinting/KayMarie and Michael, I don't like you Preston.
Preston says to God why? God says in a bellowing voice Confrinting and KayMarie bring so much to this forum and I like Michaels warped sense of humor, you Preston are too judgemental of my creation. I hope you learn from this!
Michael you have added so much to this forum,a lot of challenging on our mindsets which can become complacent at times,but nevertheless we need to be alerted to our apathy at times,and people like you Michael stir us to sobriety.I hope you enjoy your sons this thanksgiving,eat wisely,and watch the football games,there are three that I know of.I am glad it is not the BEARS,because they are doing so poorly this season.

Even the Packers are having a rough time.But enjoy your time with the family!

DAN.
Live Action

Edmond, OK

#404047 Nov 22, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry if I thought you were an atheist,I guess you aren't after all.Enjoy your day,don't eat too much,never good for the intestinal tract.
depends on what a atheist is....if it means the worship of a man made god then i am one if it means worshiping the heavenly father Yahweh then im not.are you aware of the fact that man changed the creators name and made him a god....
preston

Waverly, OH

#404048 Nov 22, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>He can worship who ever he wants to just as you the man has understanding that most people lack on of the few on here the will mention Yahweh.
THAT NAME IS NOT CONSISTANT WITH A PERSON BEING GIVEN sALVATION.

it is by the blood that we receive salvation.

and the sda cultist cant have understanding of Gods plan if he follows a false prophetess.

you should know that, If you have any Bible knowledge.

and NO, HE CANT WORSHIP WHOEVER HE WANTS TO, THAT IS CERTAINLY NOT BIBLICAL.

Isaiah 45:5 TRUMPS YOUR FALSE WORDS.

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me
Pad

Rockford, IL

#404049 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
WOW, SHADES OF MR FRAUD.LOL
She copied extensively from others while denying she did so. All the major thoughts and ideas in her writings were derived from others. She copied both truths and falsehoods into her writings.
I did read your responses to my post about Jesus and the unknown tongues.I do not consider the Aramaic or Hebrew spoken from the Cross to be unknown tongues,so with that I will agree with you.Hope you and your family will be happy together and enjoy this holiday. DAN.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404050 Nov 22, 2012
AND YADAHIM,(I did emember who you were)

several years ago, I made you look like the idiot that you are.

you knew me then as "Christian Rabbi"
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404051 Nov 22, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Native? I am part. My Grandma was Ojibway. My Dad half. Me a quarter.
Anyway, Natives killed each other long before the Europeans stepped foot here. Tribes hated each other more than they hated the white man.
Read about the Iroquois from present day New York. They were notorious for capturing area lands from other Natives; enslaving and/or killing them. These guys would have eventually took over all of America doing God knows what to other tribes.
And today? Don't think for a second that the Ojibway and Souix here in MN have a friendly rivalry. They hate each other still.
CLAY says........

They were notorious for capturing area lands from other Natives; enslaving and/or killing them.

MICHAEL says....

AH! Much like the christian white man whose wooden sailing ships bounced off the foggy shores of the americas. Pushed all the natives back, cleared the land for themselves, screwed the native wives, then screwed them all over trading them broken mirrors, and other Dollar store worthless trinkets, for priceless furs and moccasins.

We sure have come a long way!. Now its christian catholics fighting christian protestants on the same land.

Michael, says I love everyone equally.

Who would God pick???

preston

Waverly, OH

#404052 Nov 22, 2012
this is from another forum.

can topix police of America help stop yadahim ?????

and yadahim, since you like Hebrew so well, what am I saying?

Baroukh Ata Hachem Elohenou Melekh Aolam, Acher Kidéchanou Bémitsvotav Vétsivanou Al Nétilat Yadahim

without google of course.
ltm

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#404053 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
when I need prayer,I go to those people who can approach the throne of Grace, not hypocrites, like you LTM
which is why God has touched this old body several times(that orville has mocked btw).
and when I had to go, God had already went ahead of me.
Tommy had already had a vision of me having that blockage and it being removed by God.
bub stopped by the other day and told me that God had sent him to Pray for my shingles(at no time did I ask one person of this forum to pray for me about them)and NOW THE PAIN HAS LESSENED TREMENDOUSLY.
if i am this evil, why is God helping me out SO MUCH?
and why are you sufferring so much?LTM and why is mrs fraud having to go back so often. when God healed my heart, I havent been back to the doctor since.
Preston, I am very glad you were healed,I don't think you are evil either.
I do think you have issues Preston, because unless people agree with you according to you they are stupid idiots, or lairs. No one agrees with everyone on all issues, because everyone is different and have their own thoughts and feelings about things.
Men and woman are different our emotions work different Preston.
Your Knowledge on the Bible is wonderful , but on the name calling and you bring up issues that have been discussed many times over is what I don't agree with Preston, its like beating a dead horse again and again.
preston

Waverly, OH

#404054 Nov 22, 2012
just a warning, dont google his name or you will be sorry, filth is what you will find. I leanred that some time ago,

he is worse that Orville ever thought about being.

in fact orville is a saint compared to him
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404055 Nov 22, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Michael you have added so much to this forum,a lot of challenging on our mindsets which can become complacent at times,but nevertheless we need to be alerted to our apathy at times,and people like you Michael stir us to sobriety.I hope you enjoy your sons this thanksgiving,eat wisely,and watch the football games,there are three that I know of.I am glad it is not the BEARS,because they are doing so poorly this season.
Even the Packers are having a rough time.But enjoy your time with the family!
DAN.
Thanks Dan!

I will be watching football. I have two adult sons and one adult daughter. I get all the stations you guys get. The closet american team to us are the Bills. We know how they have started off poorly.

Our canadian football league final comes up this sunday in Toronto East versus West. The Grey Cup......100th anniversary.

Our thanksgiving was back in October, but I could sure go for some turkey/stuffing today.(lol)

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

ps I will rack my brain to see what controversial topics I can bring up for the rest of the week that will stir the pot up.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#404056 Nov 22, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The only 'TRUE' church is each and every member of the body of Christ who has trusted in Him,and Him alone,for forgivness of their sins and salvation of their souls!!!
A powerful truth that every believer needs to ponder on,rather than just to quickly agree with.There is much to be said about that wonderful born-again experience Jesus spoke of in the third chapter of John.If Nicodemus a Pharisee,and a priest in the Jewish court needed it,so do I.Jesus never tells us we need something just to give us a burden that we cannot carry,but He gives us that which we can bear.Being born of His spirit enters our life into His,and we need to meditate on that.

We are the church,it is not a building. We agree on this one reality.God bless you and yours this holiday,and eat healthy!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404057 Nov 22, 2012
ltm wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think you have issues Preston, because unless people agree with you according to you they are stupid idiots, or lairs. No one agrees with everyone on all issues, because everyone is different and have their own thoughts and feelings about things.
Your Knowledge on the Bible is wonderful , but on the name calling and you bring up issues that have been discussed many times over is what I don't agree with Preston, its like beating a dead horse again and again.
Exactly what I was going to post.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#404058 Nov 22, 2012
4GVN wrote:
LTM,looks like it s your turn. The nut case has got to b attackng someone.........It is his 'CHRISTIAN' duty. What a pathetic excuse for a christian, let alone a 'preacher'.
Hope you and your family will be happy and enjoy that wonderful meal together.We all have our HOPE in Christ and looking forward to His Coming. I have to work today,but a free meal is there,and a sensible one,we will not be able to gorge. Take care! DAN.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#404059 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO, I want to apologize for the words that LTM said to you. those words came from her heart but they never came in the form of a righteous person debating their faith.
hopefully she will come to the realization that she was wrong, but with the crowd that is now backing her, I sincerely doubt it.
Thanks preston!! A happy and blessed Thanksgiving, this day,to you and your family.
HoJO, I don't want you to think that Preston speaks for me in anyway and when he apologizes for me it really isn't heart felt on his part.
I do hope you have a great Thanksgiving, but only the true word of God is going to satisfy the hunger in your soul.
The catholic church is feed you a water down doctrine it is a tradition the catholic church made up and it is garbage and you are devouring every bite of it.
I will not apologize for saying that because it is true.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404060 Nov 22, 2012
Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>seems everyone hates everyone....
Were all just play acting. At the end of the day we all go out for a beer with each other.

Do you not believe me?(lol)

preston

Waverly, OH

#404061 Nov 22, 2012
ltm wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, but your words fall on deaf ears.

when I am attacked by someone who wishes me DEAD, THAT AINT A CHRISTIAN.

AND THE WORDS THAT YOU SAID TO HOJO ARE NOT CHRIST LIKE EITHER.

I bit my tongue and didnt say something when you wrote what you did,to HOJO, and I should have.

I thought my word to you was more imporant than speaking out against the filth that you spewed.

and I found out that it wasnt. I am to stand for God and let the chips fall where they may.

pehaps you paid no attention to reggie when she said that you had crosssed the line in a previous post, and i kept silent over that too.

issues have never been the cause of me standing as i do. when a person lies and mrs fraud did as I showed you, then a Chrisitan MUST take a stand, AND YOU DIDNT SO THAT LETS YOU OUT.

Scriptures on "Lying"
Email This Page To A Friend

See Also:

Communication
Slander
Truth
Do not lie. Do not deceive one another.(Leviticus 19:11)
No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.
(Psalm 101:7)
The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful.(Proverbs 12:22)
You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.(Psalm 5:6)
Better to be poor than a liar.(Proverbs 19:22)
He whose tongue is deceitful falls into trouble.
(Proverbs 17:20)
O Lord, do not your eyes look for truth?(Jeremiah 5:3)
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.(Proverbs 12:19)
An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.
(Proverbs 24:26)
The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.(Proverbs 13:5)
The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
(Proverbs 11:3)
I hate and abhor falsehood but I love your law.
(Psalm 119:163)
A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.(Proverbs 26:28)
Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning.(Jeremiah 9:5)
You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth.(Psalm 52:3)
Like a club or a sword or a sharp arrow is the man who gives false testimony against his neighbor.
(Proverbs 25:18)
Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I was only joking!" (Proverbs 26:18-19)
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.(Ephesians 4:25)
You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.(Deuteronomy 5:20)
Keep falsehood and lies far from me.(Proverbs 30:7-8)
Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law.(Psalm 119:29)
Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.(Psalm 34:12-13)
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.(Matthew 12:37)
**Copyright, 2002, Brian Campbell (Permission is granted to copy for personal use only.)

preston

Waverly, OH

#404062 Nov 22, 2012
Scriptures on "Lying"

See Also:

Communication
Slander
Truth
No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.
The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful.(Proverbs 12:22)
You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.(Psalm 5:6)
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.(Proverbs 12:19)
The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.(Proverbs 13:5)
The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.(Proverbs 26:28)
Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning.(Jeremiah 9:5)
You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth.(Psalm 52:3)
Like a club or a sword or a sharp arrow is the man who gives false testimony against his neighbor.
Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I was only joking!" (Proverbs 26:18-19)
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.(Ephesians 4:25)
Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.(Psalm 34:12-13)
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.(Matthew 12:37)
**Copyright, 2002, Brian Campbell (Permission is granted to copy for personal use only.)

Pad

Rockford, IL

#404063 Nov 22, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dan!
I will be watching football. I have two adult sons and one adult daughter. I get all the stations you guys get. The closet american team to us are the Bills. We know how they have started off poorly.
Our canadian football league final comes up this sunday in Toronto East versus West. The Grey Cup......100th anniversary.
Our thanksgiving was back in October, but I could sure go for some turkey/stuffing today.(lol)
Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.
ps I will rack my brain to see what controversial topics I can bring up for the rest of the week that will stir the pot up.
I'm sure you will.LOL.
Interesting that the Canadians celebrate TG in October,I didn't know that.

If you ever watch EWTN,on JOURNEY HOME with Marcus Brodi,he interviews a very intelligent young man named BRAD SWEET from Nova Scotia,he is a priest.The young priest has had a wonderful career in your Canadian Navy,until he decided to become a priest.You can watch it on youtube.com as well just put in Journey Home EWTN.

Take Care!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#404064 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but your words fall on deaf ears.
when I am attacked by someone who wishes me DEAD, THAT AINT A CHRISTIAN.
AND THE WORDS THAT YOU SAID TO HOJO ARE NOT CHRIST LIKE EITHER.
I bit my tongue and didnt say something when you wrote what you did,to HOJO, and I should have.
I thought my word to you was more imporant than speaking out against the filth that you spewed.
and I found out that it wasnt. I am to stand for God and let the chips fall where they may.
pehaps you paid no attention to reggie when she said that you had crosssed the line in a previous post, and i kept silent over that too.
issues have never been the cause of me standing as i do. when a person lies and mrs fraud did as I showed you, then a Chrisitan MUST take a stand, AND YOU DIDNT SO THAT LETS YOU OUT.
Scriptures on "Lying"
See Also:
Communication
Slander
Truth
Preston says to LTM.....sorry, but your words fall on deaf ears.

Michael says....no they didn't. I heard them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE