Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
389,081 - 389,100 of 532,628 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You just need to lighten up a little and not take life so seriously. Night time TV hosts and comics make fun of religious beliefs all the time. People laugh when its not THEIR RELIGION that is being mocked, but when it is their religion they get all upset.
Relax and everything will be fine. I truly believe that Confrint. and KayMarie are good people. They might not like my way of thinking but I don't believe they are hateful towards me.
Get back on track.......and take care of your health, and don't take my sense of humor too seriously.
GOOD PEOPLE DONT SIN AND LIE, WHICH IS WHAT GOD TEACHES US.

just because they meet your Criteria , doesnt mean they Meet His
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FOR YOU MIKE, EVEN THEY KNOW.

http://www.gqkidz.org/Bible-people-lie.html
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of her traditions that is why the Bible refers to her the RCC as the Harlot and her daughters (protestant church's keeping her traditions) That is why It Is Written "Come Out Of Her My People"
Are you one of Gods people HOJO ?
I do so believe the part about come out of her....

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

All yall go to he11! Leave the Catholic Church alone and we wont post sh!t about your church, deal?
Sickened by the Borgias

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I wasn't talking about the Catholic Church in my earlier post. I was talking about the Bible. You changed the meanings of scripture. Why? Was the Holy Spirit wrong before?

C - Contaminated
L - Lascivious
A - Asinine
Y - Yob

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
Are you saying, Kay, that you worship the Bible?
Are you calling Paul's letters to the Church @ Corinth, JESUS?
That is insanity.
You people have done so much damage to sacred scripture its sickening.

I said "BIBLE", Clay, not "Pauline Epistles". However, the CC claims to have given us the Bible. If they didn't approve Paul, WHY did they include him???

Peter, who is supposed to be your leader, said that all scripture was given by God, written as He inspired it. Peter said that, Our BELOVED brother, Paul...wrote of many things HARD TO UNDERSTAND which unstable souls wrest (twist) TO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION.

Peter spoke honorably of Paul. I don't trust those who discredit either of them.

I worship God/Jesus, Who IS the Word of God. What He says, not what somebody SAYS that He says... I don't know whether is it still their stand, but at one time they told their people that reading the Word was dangerous; only the priest could interpret it.

Read your Bible, Clay. Let IT be your guide. Scripture says that ALL the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in HIM (the Word). It reveals things past our knowledge. The meaning of ten names in one chapter of the Old Testament reveal the gospel story before Jesus is mentioned. Our knowledge/understanding is imperfect, but He brings us to understanding if we seek Him.

Ask
Seek See the 'ASK'
Knock

KayMarie
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Live Action" With another Pagan holiday around the corner one the cerebrates. the murder of over 12 million natives.It is a time to give thanks.well everyday is time to give thanks.Sheeple are pagan and don't even know it.
no where in the scripture does it ever mention a holiday. it does tell you to keep his feast days and his sabbath.only a very few do.
we have been lied to by the roman catholick church every church for that matter.the world is sick along with the people I give thanks for the creator Yahweh for the understanding he gave me and for letting me see how evil the world really is........May father Yahweh give each and everyone of you the understanding you need and the ability to see what this church has done to the world.they have defiled the scripture added to and took away and just left many things out....And yet the united states sends out army's to change religion.to push a man made god on the world.
If the roman catholick church is the woman the beast then the united states is the evil beastly system being the hand of rome.
And the message will be preached to to world and then the end will come.
one last thing the fish comes from the god of dagon the pope wears it and it is on many cars and trucks and many business cards.how brain washed is the world.
Thanksgiving is a PAGAN holiday? You don't sound very thankful...so I guess that explains it.
The closer I get to God, the more He shows me the greatness of His world and people. If all you see is evil, you need a new picture. The evil will pass away.
God promoted no holidays? Do you know what 'holiday'(HOLY DAY) means?
Doesn't the Bible say that the 'unthankful' will not enter heaven?
KayMarie
brainwashed much...
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> I agree. It was mans laws the mosanic laws that was nailed to the cross that God desired mercy on and not sacrifice of ox, bulls, goats, sheep, doves etc.
Grace by no means is a liscense to sin. I believe when we are changed in the twinkling of an eye is when Gods new covenant that Christ is the mediator of and shed his blood for is implemented and God puts his commandments in out hearts to were we keep them and sin no more. We are raised incorruptable at that time. Yes you are correct we will be keeping them in heaven.
Yahweh Bless.
with out question you have understanding more so than anyone on this thread.not because you sometimes you agree with me.but because you have common since.Yahweh bless.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

The Eucharist

Isaiah 62:8-9

The Lord has sworn by His right hand and mighty arm "I will not again give you grain to be food for your enemies, and foreigners shall not drink your wine for which you have labored; But those who garner it shall eat it and praise the Lord, and those who gather it shall drink it in the courts of my sanctuary"

Revelation 2:17
"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the Churches. To Him who conquers, I will give him some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone which no one knows accept him who receives it"

Mathew 26:26-28
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed and broke it, and gave it to His disciples and said "Take this all of you and eat of it, for this IS MY BODY. And He took a chalice, when He had given thanks, He gave it to them saying "Drink of it all of you, for THIS IS MY BLOOD, which will be poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins".
Live Action

Marlow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Not sure Thanksgiving was gleaned from any Pagan Holiday. Is it a man made Holiday yes but not in connection to paganism. It is good to be Thankful to Christ for supplying our needs and blessing in this life.
Bless
Just my thoughts.
It is great to be thankful but i give thanks everyday and as for thanks giving it reminds me of the 12 million natives that were killed.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie good friend
Nicely said....
You wrote, "We try to follow lots of 'rules';"
I would add, that when we try to live up to rules of doing good, we get tangled up....
Gal 5:22-23
the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."
There is first of all love, but then a sense of joy, and not of drudgery or a heavy heart in doing God's Will.
This is why angels fly...(smile)
Robert F, first thank you for your responses to me awhile back,concerning charismatic gifts and so on.Those things are of God,and some times we best leave them alone right? But you have come such a long way.I remember when you were contemplating becoming a Muslim.Well now you are a staunch and serious minded Christian,walking in the knowledge you received so freely from the Holy Spirit of Promise.Praise God for every blessing,every revelation of truth,and every moment we have with Him who is above all.

I am excited for you Robert F. and I surely hope someday God will let us cross paths when we enter into that great and glorious Kingdom.Our titles and affiliations will be a thing of the past,we will be known as He is known,before the Wonderful Lord we longed for and will be with someday.

May God richly bless you! Christmas is around the corner,and I want to give you a tip of a very beautiful Romanian Christmas song it is called "DIN RAIUL CEL LUMINOS" sung by Ghita Munteanu,look it up in youtube.com , it is something worth listening to.

I hope that your Thanksgiving was good,and that your family is doing well.

a friend in Christ. DAN.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Are you saying, Kay, that you worship the Bible?
Are you calling Paul's letters to the Church @ Corinth, JESUS?
That is insanity.
You people have done so much damage to sacred scripture its sickening.
I said "BIBLE", Clay, not "Pauline Epistles". However, the CC claims to have given us the Bible. If they didn't approve Paul, WHY did they include him???
Peter, who is supposed to be your leader, said that all scripture was given by God, written as He inspired it. Peter said that, Our BELOVED brother, Paul...wrote of many things HARD TO UNDERSTAND which unstable souls wrest (twist) TO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION.
Peter spoke honorably of Paul. I don't trust those who discredit either of them.
I worship God/Jesus, Who IS the Word of God. What He says, not what somebody SAYS that He says... I don't know whether is it still their stand, but at one time they told their people that reading the Word was dangerous; only the priest could interpret it.
Read your Bible, Clay. Let IT be your guide. Scripture says that ALL the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in HIM (the Word). It reveals things past our knowledge. The meaning of ten names in one chapter of the Old Testament reveal the gospel story before Jesus is mentioned. Our knowledge/understanding is imperfect, but He brings us to understanding if we seek Him.
Ask
Seek See the 'ASK'
Knock
KayMarie
I did read my Bible. A lot!

I don't come to the same conclusions about scripture as you.

Hey, are you cooking a turkey today? Or you guys going someplace else? Either way, have a happy Thanksgiving!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what its all about.......divide yourself from others.
You're just mad because your wife is going to make you sit at the childrens table again! for thanksgiving.
I can just hear him now. Lord Bless this food thou hast prepared for me in the prescense of mine enemy.

You do know Preston blames everything on his wife and it is her FAULT !!!!

Poor Woman.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>what you just gave me is proof on one thing.
THAT YOU ARE A LIAR, NUFF SAID.
REEMMER THAT ONE WORD HAT YOU WER GOING TO DO COCNCERNING ME.
"
IGNORED"
WRONG PRESTON!!

I posted IGNORED! to you in my post just 2.5 hrs ago. Read post #403,970.

I had to relinquish the IGNORE sign because I couldn't help myself. You are so easy to make fun of.

Its only a lie if you believe its a lie. It wasn't a lie.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>It is great to be thankful but i give thanks everyday and as for thanks giving it reminds me of the 12 million natives that were killed.
Are you Native? I am part. My Grandma was Ojibway. My Dad half. Me a quarter.
Anyway, Natives killed each other long before the Europeans stepped foot here. Tribes hated each other more than they hated the white man.
Read about the Iroquois from present day New York. They were notorious for capturing area lands from other Natives; enslaving and/or killing them. These guys would have eventually took over all of America doing God knows what to other tribes.

And today? Don't think for a second that the Ojibway and Souix here in MN have a friendly rivalry. They hate each other still.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says.......if i am this evil, why is God helping me out SO MUCH?
Michael says......I don't even go to church, and my health is perfect and that of a 30 year old stallion. Too bad for you and your poor health. I have healthy children, grand children, 2 collector cars, money in my investments and life couldn' be better at age 63.
Why do 30,000 children starve to death everyday in our world? Why is God helping you and not them?
Why do 10,000 americans suffer and die in vehicle accidents every year? Why is God helping you and not them?
Why do thousands of pain suffering people die of cancer, lukemia, heart disease every year? Why is God not helping them but has time to help you with your trivial problems?
Its all in your head, and I just gave you the proof above.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael it is kind of like having with a special needs or mentaly challenged child or family member. When we have the love of Christ in us we reach out and help those with the most need. It does not mean we love our other children less because we choose to spend our time where we are most needed to help the less fortunate through this life.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>with out question you have understanding more so than anyone on this thread.not because you sometimes you agree with me.but because you have common since.Yahweh bless.
not to bust your bubble, "knowhim: but this guy follows ellen white, a false prophetess, so dont be fooled by him.he aint what you think that he is.

his chuch condemms every person to hell that dont follow ellen white
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read my Bible. A lot!
I don't come to the same conclusions about scripture as you.
Hey, are you cooking a turkey today? Or you guys going someplace else? Either way, have a happy Thanksgiving!
Clay, I have to work,but we get a free meal at the hospital I work in.
I am happy that you love the Lord Clay,and that is the most important thing,that in fact you love and worship the only ONE who gives eternal life to us:Father,Son and Holy Spirit.May the LORD our GOD not only bless you dear one,but your family as well,as HE gives and gives more grace! Enjoy the family and turkey,there is something so special about Thanksgiving,I remember so many in the past that added to my spiritual life today.

Take care DAN.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>with out question you have understanding more so than anyone on this thread.not because you sometimes you agree with me.but because you have common since.Yahweh bless.
live and learn, jadahim.

Seventh-day Adventists teach the following about the Ellen White:

1. Ellen G. White plays a central role in the SDA Church. One of the "27 Fundamental Beliefs" of the SDA Church is that Ellen White manifested the gift of prophecy and her writings are "authoritative" for the Adventist Church:

"18. The Gift of Prophecy: One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White. As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested.(Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)"
Adventists have two "inspired" sources of truth: The Bible and the writings of Ellen G. White, which they refer to as the Spirit of Prophecy. Adventists say that the Bible is their primary source of guidance. It is called the "greater light". As recently as 2005, the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists reaffirmed in a statement entitled "Resolution on the Spirit of Prophecy" that Mrs. White's writings contain "divine counsel" and are a source of "guidance, instruction, correction" for the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Mrs. White's writings, although much more voluminous than the Bible writings, are referred to as the "lesser light".

2. Revelation 12:17 provides two identifying marks of the true remnant church in the last days:

http://www.nonsda.org/study10.shtml
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>It is great to be thankful but i give thanks everyday and as for thanks giving it reminds me of the 12 million natives that were killed.
Sorry if I thought you were an atheist,I guess you aren't after all.Enjoy your day,don't eat too much,never good for the intestinal tract.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Ecko 8,126
More 21 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 22 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 22 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••