Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,846
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#403969 Nov 22, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
AMORE, all do respect, you have not been here long enough to understand me or what I was getting at.
God's word is treasure, it is truth. HOJO is following another gospel., a different doctrine that has been proven false.
From God's own word the Holy Bible.
Which HoJo doesn't believe .
Although I don't believe your an actual bible worshiper like some on here, I think you're still in error on how you read it and approach it.
The new evangelicals entering the Catholic Church this year ( cathedralsaintPaul.org ) are amazed at how much Bible there is in the Catholic Church.
I heard a few say how their ministers would take a various verse every week, isolate it and hammer away in a 90 min sermon.
The Catholic Church uses all of the Bible. The Old Testament flows into the New.
More importantly, the Church has never changed scripture. Every single one of you (I hate to say) are guilty of changing the bible to mean opposite of what Gods will is. Simply put, we have writings from the first century that shows how they viewed and taught the Gospel. You guys came along 1,800 yrs later and reversed it. To me, that is securing your fate if one is aware of doing it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403970 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>fine, I have always ignored you anyhow. and also I didnt ask you to start on me Monday.lol.
you are like always trying to be controversial, since you need constant attention with your inferiority complex.
IGNORED!!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403971 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>fine, I have always ignored you anyhow. and also I didnt ask you to start on me Monday.lol.
you are like always trying to be controversial, since you need constant attention with your inferiority complex.
Someone posted you are nuttier than a fruitcake. Is that true?

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#403972 Nov 22, 2012
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!!

Count your blessings.....

And, remember our military soldiers serving all over the world in your prayers!!!

Psalm 100:1-5

1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.

2 Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Clay

United States

#403973 Nov 22, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have shown you in the Bible, but you are oblivious to it.
I would venture to say I have given you hundreds of Scriptures
to no avail..
Jesus said
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
The door is open and the light is on...but you rvidently enjoy your bondage to much to step into the ligh of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A religious society cannot write it's own ticket to heaven...
IT IS EITHER GOD'S WAY OR ELSE.
Joh_3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
YOUR CHURCH IS NOT THE WAY ..GOD IS...THROUGH JESUS CHRIST... WHICH IS THE HEAD OF THE TRUE CHURCH...
Eph_5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as -->Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Col_1:18 --> And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead;
-->that in all things he might have the preeminence.
YOU GIVE YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM PREEMINENCE AND GLORIFY IT INSTEAD OF CHRIST..
YOUR CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE GOD'S WORD WITH YOU OWN PAGAN CONJECTURE.
Im wondering why you think its ok to declare oneself a minister, and teach Gods word, when clearly it is different than what was once understood?
Do you realize you are basically saying the Holy Spirit was wrong before? Or you don't think people got the proper message and now the Holy Spirit gave it to you??
Bizarre .. Very bizarre.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#403974 Nov 22, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
Belief in Jesus removes us from the White Throne Judgment,54 because Jesus took the penalty (death) for our sin at the cross.55 Those who accept Jesus as Lord and Savior are justified (declared righteous on the basis of faith)56 before God and can come before Him boldly57 through the grace58 that He has offered to all.59 By accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, we give Him permission to change us into perfect beings ("the spirits of the righteous made perfect," Hebrews 12:22-23) in the new creation.60 Those who reject God's provision for sin will be judged on the basis of their sin and will be separated from God forever (the second death51), since God cannot allow sin into the new creation.
How do we enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ? We do this through belief in Him:
Repent of your sin and selfishness. Repentance is agreeing with God that you have been wrong and being willing to turn from that old life to a new life61 in Christ.
Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord (God and Master) and Savior (who takes away your sin).
Receive the Holy Spirit as the promise62 of what God will do in your life.
Thank God for His grace and the free gift that He has given you.
Once you receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you should walk with Him every day. Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15). Talk to Him every day in prayer and do what He says. Find a good Christian fellowship (church) and read from your Bible every day. These things are not required to keep your salvation, but they will help you to grow in your faith and obedience and to experience more joy in your walk with Christ. When we come before God's throne in the new creation, it will be good to hear the words...
...Well done, good and faithful servant... enter thou
into the joy of thy Lord.
http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/heaven....
Relationship with Christ is a relationship of LOVE...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403975 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
here you go mike,just for you. I saw this article and thought of you at once.
Remember Pharaoh’s question?“Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice?”(Exodus 5:2). Someone commented that God sent Pharaoh a ten-lesson Bible correspondence course, after which he knew who God was.—Larry Acuff, Lithia Springs church of Christ
They mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy”—2 Chronicles 36:16
Pocket BibleVerse of the Day
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
Psalms 73:26
Search the Bible
Enter a bible verse in the box above to quickly view passages from the bible!
More Glad TidingsLook through the latest issue of GladTidings
BibleVisit our online Bible to explore images, commentary, and more.
you may receive a ten lesson corresponance from God some day, if you are unlucky that is.
The book of Numbers chapter 22....

I was just reading the OT and you remind me exactly of the story of prophet Balaam's talking donkey.......otherwise known as a Jackass. Reminds me of you.

Its too bad animals can't talk today, but back in bible days for some strange reason they had vocal chords, bushes could catch fire spontaneously, and snakes and donkeys could speak hebrew to the people. Wonderful times they had back in the day.(lol)

Can you're snake talk Preston, or are all of these folklore stories just LIES to create drama?

Can you're snake talk?

preston

Waverly, OH

#403976 Nov 22, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
In all your years have you **N-E-V-E-R** told a lie?
BUSTED!
since you are not a Chrsitian, this conversation is none of your business but it is mine.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403977 Nov 22, 2012
Amore wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would someone who claims to be a christian say such a wicked thing?
that is exacly the same thing that I said to her.

it was garbage pure and simple, but I think that she has some mental problems right now that she needs to address ratehe than talking like than on a religious forum
truth

Perth, Australia

#403978 Nov 22, 2012
thanks bobollllobo
corupt diploma not going help nobody
develish satanic org. will destroy themself

i hope
deserve will be zillion/zillion
preston

Waverly, OH

#403979 Nov 22, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't going to say anything 4gvn , but he is just having to much fun at other peoples expense.
I have been reading his posts for about a week just biting my tongue.
yet you said nothing about the filthy posts that all of them have directed at me, have you.
I guess you shsowed how much acovenant means to you, havent you?

of course, you did better than your litle sister, she broke her word in just one day, you went a month or so.

so now you are back in good graces with him and the sda guy who said that you made a covenent with me so you could attack mr fraud with me.

that is the people that you wish to associate yourself with, so be it.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#403980 Nov 22, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>just got back from church and really enjoyed myself.
I dont know that I have ever asked you for any of your advice.
and i must admit that I was very surprised at the post that you a made last night wasnt it. about some garbage which was very crude and i never expected you to make some a strange comment. ONE THAT I WOULD NEVER HAVE MADE.
and lets look at the facts. Orville said that he prayed that God would kill me.
BUT SINCE IT WAS ADDRESSED AT ME, IT IS OK WITH YOU AND IT MUCH BE SINCE YOU NEVER SAID A WORD.
AND EARLIER TODAY, HE LISTED A BUNCH OF LIES ABOUT WHAT I NEVER SAID. FOR INSTANCE WHEN I WROTE ABOUT MRS FRAUD LUYING AND DAYING THAT JESUS SPOKE IN TONGUES.
YOU NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT HER LIE, WHY NOT? IF IT HAD BEEN ME, WOULD YOU HAVE REMAINED SILENT.
I made a deal with YOU not to attack you and I have kept my word,
WHICH IS WHY I SAID NOT ONE WORD ABOUT YOUR FILTHY POST.wasnt it to HOJO? should I go looking for it to show you how filthy your mind was?
FOR YEARS, MR FRAUD WOULD COME ON HERE AND ATTACK ME, AND IT WOULD TAKE HIM ONLY TWO OR THREE SOMETIMES HIS FIRST POST.
AND LTM REMAINED SILENT, WHY IS THAT?
AND I HAVE TRIED TO GET HIM TO STOP AND YET LTM NEVER GAVE ME ANY CREDIT FOR THAT, WHY IS THAT?
ARE U BEING A HYPOCRITE? THE ANSWER IS YES.
No Preston I just don't agree with you. What I posted to Michael about HoJo is the truth he is being filled up with lies and not the truth, and he has swallowed it hook line and sinker.
If we are not being feed with the true word of God then we are being feed garbage.
You know Preston when we confuss our sins to God He tosses them into the sea of forgetfulness, never to be remembered anymore.
Who are you to keep digging up and be the accuser of the brotheren again.
Isn't that what satan does, to keep the brotheren in doubt (REMEMBER WHEN YOU DID THIS YOU DON'T THINK YOUR FORGIVEN DO YOU) ISN'T THAT WHAT SATAN DOES PRESTON.
Everyone has to be corrected , and learn from their mistakes Preston but they don't need to be remained of them for years and eons .
What you do isn't out of love for the brotheren , its out of a need to hurt and humilated people you take great pleasure in doing so Preston.
Please leave me alone Preston don't address me again, I will be praying for you.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403981 Nov 22, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what Pc is Preston, I am also getting old so remind me what your talking about.
that is ok, if you are that stupid, you should just remain in the dark.

but the important thing is that she lied about Jesus, that is WHAT you should have addressed.

that mote in your eye is like a big oak tree.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#403982 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
I have shown you in the Bible, but you are oblivious to it.
I would venture to say I have given you hundreds of Scriptures

YOUR CHURCH IS NOT THE WAY ..GOD IS...THROUGH JESUS CHRIST...
YOU GIVE YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM PREEMINENCE AND GLORIFY IT INSTEAD OF CHRIST..
You have shown me "NOTHING IN THE BIBLE" that has any relevance to what the Catholic Church "actually believes and teaches"! Confrinting--your entire ministry is based up "quoting a bunch of (unrelated0 bible verses" and then inserting your "own personal opinion" to each one---making them mean (ONLY) what "you" want them to mean--based upon your own "mis-guided and distorted"anti-catholic perverted opinion....... Again--for you---your half-truth, half-heresy Christianity is to......"judge-condemn-an d attack"...... the faith of ANY AND ALL other Christians on this forum--especially Catholics!! Your ministry only continue to confirm what I have told you before. In your family--your wife KayMarie is the "only true Christian"!!!---
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403983 Nov 22, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you think the Apostle John meant when he said "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book"
Did you think he meant a paragraph? No dummy, he meant your own private interpretation. You and other cultist like sda do not realize what you're doing, everytime you open up that book and *teach* something that is opposite of what the Angel showed John. Fools!
Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403984 Nov 22, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, We are suppose to be debating, on Gods word discussing it together,
Whatever lies you think Confrinting and his wife told was long ago its between you and them.
excuse me but when an idiot like you are (and you havent changed) says something like the gargage that you spew about HOJO, that is not debating. that is jsut the blackness of your heart coming out in the form of filth and you can rationalize it any way that you wish.

and you are lying when you said any lies toldby them was long ago.

you just looked at her lie that she told a few days ago,about Jesus speaking in tongues and she was mocking Him, and not only that

SHE WASNT ON HERE YEARS AGO.

LADY YOU NEED TO HIT AN ALTAR REAL QUICK TO REPENT FOR THESE LIES THAT YOU ARE TELLING, MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU.

and dont say that you didnt lie, you just said one about her.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#403985 Nov 22, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I don't believe your an actual bible worshiper like some on here, I think you're still in error on how you read it and approach it.
The new evangelicals entering the Catholic Church this year ( cathedralsaintPaul.org ) are amazed at how much Bible there is in the Catholic Church.
I heard a few say how their ministers would take a various verse every week, isolate it and hammer away in a 90 min sermon.
The Catholic Church uses all of the Bible. The Old Testament flows into the New.
More importantly, the Church has never changed scripture. Every single one of you (I hate to say) are guilty of changing the bible to mean opposite of what Gods will is. Simply put, we have writings from the first century that shows how they viewed and taught the Gospel. You guys came along 1,800 yrs later and reversed it. To me, that is securing your fate if one is aware of doing it.
I am a Bible believing Christian Clay. The absolute truth is I love people, all people. My husbands grandmother read the Bible faithfully everynight Clay she was a devoted catholic.
Her and I could sit down and discuss the bible in length verse for verse, and agree on many of them.
She never touch a catechism, it was all Gods word maybe she find many things in the catechism that the Bible didn't agree on.
Where we differ was the praying to Mary and the saints,.
I don't hate catholic's Clay you must know that by now, I love you all. I just can not agree with the catholic church doctrine.
There is going to be a day of eye opening revelation for us all Clay. We are all going to be very surprise about who goes to heaven and who doesn't.
Because truthfully none of us deserves heaven.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#403986 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~YOU GIVE YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM PREEMINENCE AND GLORIFY IT INSTEAD OF CHRIST..
More Garbage and hog-wash comments from you Confrinting. You just "continue" to have "absolutely--no idea" as to what you are talking about--which is no surprise to ANY CATHOLIC on this forum--"who knows the TRUTH"!------Despite the distortions and lies you continue to make---------"A blessed Thanksgiving in the peace of Jesus Christ to you, KayMarie and your family!
preston

Waverly, OH

#403987 Nov 22, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the problem--Confrinting!! Attacking, condemning and judging the faith of other Christians, especially Catholics. You call the Catholic religious system "bogus" because of your OWN HATE and HOSTILITY toward Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Show me in the bible, where God has call YOU to attack, condemn and judge ANYONE ELSE'S faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ.
HOJO, I want to apologize for the words that LTM said to you. those words came from her heart but they never came in the form of a righteous person debating their faith.

hopefully she will come to the realization that she was wrong, but with the crowd that is now backing her, I sincerely doubt it.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403988 Nov 22, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No Preston I just don't agree with you. What I posted to Michael about HoJo is the truth he is being filled up with lies and not the truth, and he has swallowed it hook line and sinker.
If we are not being feed with the true word of God then we are being feed garbage.
You know Preston when we confuss our sins to God He tosses them into the sea of forgetfulness, never to be remembered anymore.
Who are you to keep digging up and be the accuser of the brotheren again.
Isn't that what satan does, to keep the brotheren in doubt (REMEMBER WHEN YOU DID THIS YOU DON'T THINK YOUR FORGIVEN DO YOU) ISN'T THAT WHAT SATAN DOES PRESTON.
Everyone has to be corrected , and learn from their mistakes Preston but they don't need to be remained of them for years and eons .
What you do isn't out of love for the brotheren , its out of a need to hurt and humilated people you take great pleasure in doing so Preston.
Please leave me alone Preston don't address me again, I will be praying for you.
WAHT YOU POSTED ABOUT HOJO WAS FILTH AND YOU CAN RATIONNALIZE IT AWAY ALL THAT YOU WISH.

BUT IF YOU DONT REPENT, IT WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE jUDGEMENT, REMEEMBER i TOLD YOUTHAT. YOU AHVE NO EXZCUSE .

AS FAR AS YOU PRAYING FOR ME, NO THANKS i DONT ACCEPT PRAYER FRO A SINNER AS i TIOLD MR FRAUD AROUND THREE YEAS AGO WHEN HE WAS GOING TO PRAY FOR MY GRANDAUGHTER.

GET YOUR SELF RIGHT AND THEN WORRY ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE.

YOU ATTACKED ME YET SAID NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THEM ATTACKING ME FIRST.
I suppose that you think it is ok for a false prophet like orville to wish me dead. I mean that is godly talk, isnt it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Scales Off 8,630
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... 3 hr pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) 5 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE