Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603253 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#403898 Nov 21, 2012
LTM wrote:
Preston, what are you doing ??
I want you and everyone else on this form to know I do not agree with the way you are talking to and about Orville or KM, and Confrinting,
You really are enjoying yourself being mean aren't you.
Amen. But it is not just them, as you well know. It is everyone. If not now,soon. What a poor example of christianity displayed here.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403899 Nov 21, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
You ask, "What is the difference if I believe in his teachings, or in the person?"
The difference is this, even the devil believes in the teachings of Jesus. But that has no effect....
For a mere human person to say they believe in Jesus' teachings is to imply that they see Jesus as just a man. And that his teachings are "good", or even "perfect". And this brings a temporal understanding and a temporal peace. But there is no eternal salvation and peace.(This is why you have written before that no one knows what lies beyond death of the body.)
But to believe in Jesus the person, means to accept that Jesus is both God and Man. And that his sacrifice, death and resurrection is what brings eternal salvation and peace.(Those of faith, in Jesus know, because they have touched Jesus. And they have eternal salvation and peace, though they may not understand it temporally.)
It is for this reason, as another example, that Buddhists do not consider Buddha as being God, but merely an "enlightened" man, and follow his teachings. And they still seek eternal salvation(nirvana) rather than having it.
I never got into a discussion with you on the many aspects of being a Christian. In all we have discussed, we never really get past this difference of hearing his sayings, and being a Christian yet. So I have yet to "connect" with your "perceptions".
You also will not found "eternal salvation" unless you die.

We are no different in that regard.

Those like you, who think they know of what will become of others and their "eternal salvation", are only proving more and more of their ignorance towards what they believe and arrogance of others.

You may believe as you wish - as you already do.

Self.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#403900 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
Question of the day:
Who started the Catholic Church?
Every Protestant, evangelical, SDA, Jehovah's, Mormon, sect can be traced to a single person.
But the Catholic Church does not have an apparent founder.
It has long been said by desperate Protestants that the Roman Emperor Constantine founded it. But there is absolutely zero evidence that this man could have.
So He is ruled out.
So who did?
The answer is that the Catholic Church can trace their lineage to Jesus Christ and what He said to Peter that day: "Peter, you are the Rock upon which I'll build MY CHURCH, And the gates of Hell shall not prevail"
The Catholic Church is the Apostasy Paul fortold. Acts Acts 20:29, 30...2 Peter 2:1...1 Tim. 4:1, 2.....It traces back to Ancient Babylon, 3rd century....2000 years before Jesus. The teachings of the CC and those in Babylon are the same.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#403901 Nov 21, 2012
Naturally I am Catholic and the Pope only says what God tells him thru prayer.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403902 Nov 21, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know Michael, but could it be because "he is nuttier than a fruit cake?" Just sayin'.
From now on I am just posting IGNORE!! when he posts to me again.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403903 Nov 21, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I just gave him the last 5
lol !

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403904 Nov 21, 2012
Salt Lick Girl wrote:
Naturally I am Catholic and the Pope only says what God tells him thru prayer.
Explain how you gave yourself the name SALT LICK GIRL.

preston

Waverly, OH

#403905 Nov 21, 2012
LTM wrote:
I want you and everyone else on this form to know I do not agree with the way you are talking to and about Orville or KM, and Confrinting,
You really are enjoying yourself being mean aren't you.
just got back from church and really enjoyed myself.

I dont know that I have ever asked you for any of your advice.

and i must admit that I was very surprised at the post that you a made last night wasnt it. about some garbage which was very crude and i never expected you to make some a strange comment. ONE THAT I WOULD NEVER HAVE MADE.

and lets look at the facts. Orville said that he prayed that God would kill me.

BUT SINCE IT WAS ADDRESSED AT ME, IT IS OK WITH YOU AND IT MUCH BE SINCE YOU NEVER SAID A WORD.

AND EARLIER TODAY, HE LISTED A BUNCH OF LIES ABOUT WHAT I NEVER SAID. FOR INSTANCE WHEN I WROTE ABOUT MRS FRAUD LUYING AND DAYING THAT JESUS SPOKE IN TONGUES.

YOU NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT HER LIE, WHY NOT? IF IT HAD BEEN ME, WOULD YOU HAVE REMAINED SILENT.

I made a deal with YOU not to attack you and I have kept my word,

WHICH IS WHY I SAID NOT ONE WORD ABOUT YOUR FILTHY POST.wasnt it to HOJO? should I go looking for it to show you how filthy your mind was?

FOR YEARS, MR FRAUD WOULD COME ON HERE AND ATTACK ME, AND IT WOULD TAKE HIM ONLY TWO OR THREE SOMETIMES HIS FIRST POST.

AND LTM REMAINED SILENT, WHY IS THAT?

AND I HAVE TRIED TO GET HIM TO STOP AND YET LTM NEVER GAVE ME ANY CREDIT FOR THAT, WHY IS THAT?

ARE U BEING A HYPOCRITE? THE ANSWER IS YES.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403906 Nov 21, 2012
HOW COME YOU DIDNT SAY CRAP AFTER MRS FRAUD ACTING SMART WITH THIS POST AFTER SHE KNEW THAT I HAD APOLOOGIZED AND SHE DID IT FOR SPITE AND LTM REMAINED SILENT.

easy to do, and topix makes it very simple.

here is what you said and for no Godly reason only because the deil made you, I guess.

Keep trusting Him...and don't let the 'filthy dreamers' worry you. It was offensive, I'm sure, when you spoke of HAVING ONCE BEEN a drinker, but had had none for (was it) 36 years...and someone began calling you a 'filthy drunk'. But THAT is their problem...

KayMarie

and my response to you earlier.

confrinting with the word wrote:
and someone began calling you a 'filthy drunk'. But THAT is their problem...
KayMarie

ME;
but there is a big difference between me and people like oddjg and your old man.

I was man enough to admit that I shouldnt have called him that. your old man has made accusations against me, aND I have proved to him that they were lies, yet the old geezer aint got enough of god in him to admit that he is lying, not to mention WRONG.

and what is very evident on this forum, is that when one of you are called out,then you two switch places and continue

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#403907 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how you gave yourself the name SALT LICK GIRL.
I am from Salt Lick Ky and I love the town very much. I live on moore's ferry road!
preston

Waverly, OH

#403908 Nov 21, 2012
AND IN THIS PSOT, PEOPLE CAN SEE THAT i DEFENDED YOU ltm AND i DIDNT HAVE TO INCLUDE YOU.

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Word tells us to energize or stimulate that gift which is within you or any of us who have been blessed with a charismatic gift from the Holy Spirit.
but be careful not to mock or attack the experiences of others who know full well that the charismatic gifts are of God,and used for ministry,witnessing and prayer!
neither LTM nor myself have attacked the actual gift of speaking in a language that others might know and understand.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#403909 Nov 21, 2012
Belief in Jesus removes us from the White Throne Judgment,54 because Jesus took the penalty (death) for our sin at the cross.55 Those who accept Jesus as Lord and Savior are justified (declared righteous on the basis of faith)56 before God and can come before Him boldly57 through the grace58 that He has offered to all.59 By accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, we give Him permission to change us into perfect beings ("the spirits of the righteous made perfect," Hebrews 12:22-23) in the new creation.60 Those who reject God's provision for sin will be judged on the basis of their sin and will be separated from God forever (the second death51), since God cannot allow sin into the new creation.

How do we enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ? We do this through belief in Him:

Repent of your sin and selfishness. Repentance is agreeing with God that you have been wrong and being willing to turn from that old life to a new life61 in Christ.
Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord (God and Master) and Savior (who takes away your sin).
Receive the Holy Spirit as the promise62 of what God will do in your life.
Thank God for His grace and the free gift that He has given you.
Once you receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you should walk with Him every day. Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15). Talk to Him every day in prayer and do what He says. Find a good Christian fellowship (church) and read from your Bible every day. These things are not required to keep your salvation, but they will help you to grow in your faith and obedience and to experience more joy in your walk with Christ. When we come before God's throne in the new creation, it will be good to hear the words...

...Well done, good and faithful servant... enter thou
into the joy of thy Lord.

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/heaven....
preston

Waverly, OH

#403910 Nov 21, 2012
HERE IS HER LIE THAT SHE SAID.

YOU LTM REMAINED SILENT WHEN SHE LIED ABOUT MY SAVIOR,

I GUESS THAT HE ISNT YOURS SINCE YOU REMAINED SILENT ABOUT HER LIE.

confrinting with the word
"GOD IS FAITHFUL."

Since: Jun 10

"JOHN 14: 2" --"MATT 10:27"
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Friday Nov 16 Judged:

Jesus spoke in tongues: NOTICE THE LIE THAT SHE TOLD ME PAD.

On the cross: "Eloi Eloi, lama sabachthani", WHICH IS TRANSLATED, "My God, My God, Why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

I GUESS WITH YOU LTM, IT IS BETTER TO BE PC RATHER THAN GODLY CORRECT.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403911 Nov 21, 2012
here is your post LTM and there would never be such filth that would come out of my mouth.

BUT I LET IT GO BECAUSE OF OUR DEAL.

LTM
Sudbury, Canada
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Yesterday Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You were once a protestant you told us, who was ejected from the church, thrown to the curb, dusted yourself off, walked down the street and there was a catholic church. YOu walked inside everyone there said "welcome aboard HOJO".........you are now one of us, and everyone lived happily ever after.
thats about it!
I bring the news we all need to know.

YOU;
They saw an empty vessel and filled it up with garbage. He was hungry and swallow every rotten bite.

that is pathetic and you attack me because I have to defend myself against the like of orville and mr/s fraud.

AND THE ONLY GARBAGE WAS WHAT CAME OUT OF YOUR FILTHY MOUTH.

and noone who would claim to be a Christian would ever a stoop that low.you know absolutely NOTHING about HOJO.

and all that I know about him is that he doesnt include me in the list of unchrisitans that attack him,constantly

AND I AINT TALKING ABOUT mike either.

IT WAS GARBAGE AND FILTH THAT CAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH
preston

Waverly, OH

#403912 Nov 21, 2012
Salt Lick Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from Salt Lick Ky and I love the town very much. I live on moore's ferry road!
MY WIFES FAMILY LIVE AROUND THERE.last name is ward.

mT STERLING used to have a good horse sale and we went there often.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#403913 Nov 21, 2012
LTM,looks like it s your turn. The nut case has got to b attackng someone.........It is his 'CHRISTIAN' duty. What a pathetic excuse for a christian, let alone a 'preacher'.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403914 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
From now on I am just posting IGNORE!! when he posts to me again.
fine, I have always ignored you anyhow. and also I didnt ask you to start on me Monday.lol.

you are like always trying to be controversial, since you need constant attention with your inferiority complex.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403915 Nov 21, 2012
LTM
Sudbury, Canada
|Report Abuse
| Judged
2 hrs ago Judged:

You really are enjoying yourself being mean aren't you .

LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT DONT AGREE WITH YOU.LOL

you wouldnt know the truth if it smacked you in the face. garbage mouth.

it just came to me, no wonder you like mr fraud.

barbage truck driver and a garbage mouth like you go together.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403916 Nov 21, 2012
4GVN wrote:
LTM,looks like it s your turn. The nut case has got to b attackng someone.........It is his 'CHRISTIAN' duty. What a pathetic excuse for a christian, let alone a 'preacher'.
like always,I only respond after I am attacked.

and if she wishes to defend a false prophet who prays for god to kill someone and a woman who lies on Jesus and a man who just lies period. que sera, sera
preston

Waverly, OH

#403917 Nov 21, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
Preston says.........He is the only person that has been kicked off of topix and that was by his own admission.
Have you ever made a mistake Preston?
KayMarie
first, unlike her, i dont lie about Jesus,a sin that she will answer to someday,

second, I dont have a garbage mouth nor have I ever been kicked off of topix

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 14 hr Passing thru 84,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 23 hr Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web