Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,447)

Showing posts 388,921 - 388,940 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Short Video but worth watching.

Incredible Facts of The Bible (HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! In fact, ALL of the religions (including others) not listed are "in reality" considered to be CULTS---which by the definition of a cult---- is a religion, founded and established by an individual person beginning with Luther and the Lutheran Church! ALL 42,000+!!!!
Because of her traditions that is why the Bible refers to her the RCC as the Harlot and her daughters (protestant church's keeping her traditions) That is why It Is Written "Come Out Of Her My People"

Are you one of Gods people HOJO ?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Hidden Message in Genesis. WOW!

Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, two good living , god fearing people do not lie. where have you been all of your life?
I just posted her lie about jesus speaking in tongues. I cant make that up, it is on topix forever

What post? Where is the link?

You did show anything. Again.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
OOPs You just lied Preston Topix will not last FOREVER read your Bible........It's all there for everyone to SEE.

Preston is an avalanche of uncontrollable LIES....
Every link has the entire LIE made by Preston. Brace, in typical Roman-Coyote fashion, Preston will immediate befig the diversion game....

WANNA TELL ME WHERE i WAS CORRECT{ED} AND ON WHAT.

should have been CORRECTED, instead of the word CORRECT

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
++++++++++
OK Preston let's start here:

Here Preston states he did not make the statement he very clearly did make:

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/pope-benedict -...

it is to bad and pathetic that over 70% of those who considered themselves to be Christians, voted for him.

++++++++++
Physical PROBLEMS?

You stated you were healed. Not once, but twice !!!!:

And here:

++++++++

NEXT:
Preston states Mormons are the "other sheep". Preston champions them. yet just a few hours later, he condemns Mormons:

The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ
Yes!

The Book of Mormon people were Jesus' other sheep...

YET Preston then states, in the same day, a few hours later, the opposite....

++++++
I am like John the Baptist.

+++++

Preston is like "JOSHUA"....
Joshua seemed to think just exactly as I do...

++++++
USES KARMA as a reference:
+++++
Preston speaks to himself....

+++++++

Confrinting also bust Preston:
++++++++++

Makes an insane claim that the OT was written in some unknown "tounge" called Hebrew:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
++++++++++

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

You won't believe whats at the center of the Bible

Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting----YOU are the "railer" on this forum---"railing, condemning and judging the faith and salvation of other Christians, especially Catholics. I respect your wife KAYMARIE!
(Again) she is the "only TRUE Christian" in your family!!!

What do you know about "Christian"?

Nothing. Your a Roman. like your buddy Coyote-Preston.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Question of the day:
Who started the Catholic Church?
Every Protestant, evangelical, SDA, Jehovah's, Mormon, sect can be traced to a single person.
But the Catholic Church does not have an apparent founder.
It has long been said by desperate Protestants that the Roman Emperor Constantine founded it. But there is absolutely zero evidence that this man could have.
So He is ruled out.
So who did?
The answer is that the Catholic Church can trace their lineage to Jesus Christ and what He said to Peter that day: "Peter, you are the Rock upon which I'll build MY CHURCH, And the gates of Hell shall not prevail"

Question of a lifetime: Why did you believe in a religion that has no validity. Not in Scripture, nor Biblical history?

If so, prove it Clay.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>usually I wait until I post the last thing from a source before I put the link and since you beat me to it, I guess that I was through, you party pooper.
but those verses that I used and statements are different than what you did the other night when YOU copied some guys statement of affirmation.
since you began it with the words "I affirm", which would lead a normal thinking person to believe that it is your statement.
you try your best to "one up me", but you always fail.
BTW, how is your prayer life coming?
been praying anyone dead latley?

Talking to yourself again eh, Wiley Coyote-Preston?

Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>confrinting with the word
"GOD IS FAITHFUL."
Since: Jun 10
"JOHN 14: 2" --"MATT 10:27"
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Friday Nov 16 Judged:
Jesus spoke in tongues: NOTICE THE LIE THAT SHE TOLD ME PAD.
On the cross: "Eloi Eloi, lama sabachthani", WHICH IS TRANSLATED, "My God, My God, Why hast Thou forsaken Me?"
THIS LIE MAY HAUNT HER UNTIL HER JUDGEMENT. IT JUST AINT VERY SMART TO TELL LIES ABOUT JESUS ,LIKE HER AND ORVILLE DO.

Huh? Where is the evidence?

44GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
for mr fraud and his constant lying about me.
One who bears false witness against one's neighbor commits as serious a sin as if one had borne false witness against God, saying that God did not create the world.
Mechilta to Exodus 20:13
Grow up, Preston.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

...not AND...God IS LOVE.

The world presents God as an angry ruler who is just looking for an excuse to destroy us. He's been working on me, and little by little, I've come to see Him in a more favorable light. But finally I've begun to see Him as He really is.

We try to follow lots of 'rules'; try to force ourselves to 'be good'...even when we don''t want to. And sometimes we don't even try; we feel that it is 'too hard', or even that He is demanding too much. Our weakness prevents us from believing that even God could be perfect in love.

Tonight I began to get what I think is the whole picture. It took some time for me to realize that He could love ME! Who am I, that He should love ME? Some more perfect one of whom He could be proud...but not me.

God spoke through the prophet, saying, "I know the thoughts I think toward you," and He says those thoughts are to do us GOOD, not evil. He IS love, thus nothing else can come forth from Him. But that leaves us with questions...how/why could He let bad things happen to us if He loves us?

Well...now I see what is going on. God gives us commands (instructions) for living...NOT because He doesn't want us to enjoy life. After all, HE gave us LIFE; then He gave us His Son. If He gives us His dearest and best, why would He withhold anything else?

The secret is this: He wants us to be healthy and whole, body, mind and spirit. The first reason He instructs us to follow His thoughts, is that the pleasure derived from sin is temporary...and then it brings death. That destroys our health physically, mentally, and spiritually.

But suppose I'm not hurting anyone else, we ask? Because sin not only hurts us, it hurts those around us. Sickness, and divorce and greed, etc. bring pain and suffering, not only to the sinner, but to his/her neighbor. Our family/neighbors suffer greatly if we are sick; shock waves rumble out to hurt everyone when there is a divorce. If we follow His instructions, our lives become a blessing, if we do not, our actions become a curse to others (His other children.)

But what about hell, we ask? Isn't it mean of Him to be so angry with those who fail? If you've just been washed clean, and the old dog shakes his mud and fleas on you...though you 'love' Rover, can't you be a bit upset? God has given us everything necessary for 'life and godliness'. When His gifts are rejected willfully, it is simply proof that that individual is NOT love. Like begets like. It is a principal that works throughout God's world. So if one deliberately chooses to 'live in sin'; wounding all around him, that is proof that that one is NOT His 'seed'.

Now, Rover can't help himself; he doesn't even know how he is offending you...he's just trying to get comfortable...but God has made us able to hear and understand. It takes us a while to understand, but He patiently works with us as one works with a dear child. He FORGIVES us as long as our hearts are willing. Many times He waits on us when our understanding is lacking, and doesn't discard us. He LOVES us, He BELIEVES in us. He KNOWS what we can become, so He is patient.

Patience is PART of love (remember that the next time you are impatient). It takes time to cultivate love in us, so He remains patient. We are weak, and so He is merciful. Mercy is another PART of love. As obedient children we need to show mercy and patience (love) to His other children.

God IS LOVE...

Happy Thanksgiving,
KayMarie

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.
You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"
Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.
Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
You can't deny this history.
what are the names of these people the apostles ordained? and where does jesus say he stated the catholic church is his church? is he both pagan and christian? that is what the catholic church is,the combination of the two,that is quite obvious,jesus states "MY CHURCH" not catholic church or any other,his church is universal if he is the creator of the universe so his church would not be limited to just this planet,it is a spiritual church that lives through out the whole entire universe,man created the physical church,and from what i've learned from reading multiple sources there more interested in money&power than saving people,the catholic church higherarchy which was brought together by emporer constantine,sold positions within the church for profit,which is wrong and which clearly tells you these men that bought there way into the church are not of any holy nature.JOHN was the last apostle to live,does he mention an successor? no,the succession stops upon his death. it is not written anywhere that it was ment to continue.when the last book was written gods work was done,and yes people were possibly ordained/or just told to travel from town to town and spread gods word,not create an religious empire which the catholic church did,and do they share? no they don't what they earn they keep. would gods church have to kill people in order to get others to follow their man made traditions? i think not.and the church has more than one founder constantine put together a group of a hundred learned men to create a religion his vast empire could live with,since rome was of pagan religion they had to use some of their traditions and combine it with christianity,and there you have catholocism,the dates used for religious holidays are of pagan origin,look it up it's easy,jesus' b-day according to the church was dec.25, in the pagan religion it is also the day the sun was born,hence the changing of the sabbath by the church,that's just one example,if you care to check out the rest feel free to do so,you'll find pagan and christian holidays just happen to be on the same dates,what are the odds of that happening? is it just coincedence? or was it mans hands at work?
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting----YOU are the "railer" on this forum---"railing, condemning and judging the faith and salvation of other Christians, especially Catholics. I respect your wife KAYMARIE!
(Again) she is the "only TRUE Christian" in your family!!!

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Question of a lifetime: Why did you believe in a religion that has no validity. Not in Scripture, nor Biblical history?
If so, prove it Clay.
Actually, Catholicism is so deep rooted in scripture its not even funny. Especially the Old Testament flowing into the New. All the teachings are entwined in scripture.(the way scripture was meant to be)
Whereas the born agains, largely ignore the Old Testament and isolate verse after verse in the New.
"unless a man becomes born again" has become the only biblical thing you guys seem to follow. And you managed to twist that one... Along with countless other teachings.

scripturecatholic.com is a good source.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>what are the names of these people the apostles ordained? and where does jesus say he stated the catholic church is his church? is he both pagan and christian? that is what the catholic church is,the combination of the two,that is quite obvious,jesus states "MY CHURCH" not catholic church or any other,his church is universal if he is the creator of the universe so his church would not be limited to just this planet,it is a spiritual church that lives through out the whole entire universe,man created the physical church,and from what i've learned from reading multiple sources there more interested in money&power than saving people,the catholic church higherarchy which was brought together by emporer constantine,sold positions within the church for profit,which is wrong and which clearly tells you these men that bought there way into the church are not of any holy nature.JOHN was the last apostle to live,does he mention an successor? no,the succession stops upon his death. it is not written anywhere that it was ment to continue.when the last book was written gods work was done,and yes people were possibly ordained/or just told to travel from town to town and spread gods word,not create an religious empire which the catholic church did,and do they share? no they don't what they earn they keep. would gods church have to kill people in order to get others to follow their man made traditions? i think not.and the church has more than one founder constantine put together a group of a hundred learned men to create a religion his vast empire could live with,since rome was of pagan religion they had to use some of their traditions and combine it with christianity,and there you have catholocism,the dates used for religious holidays are of pagan origin,look it up it's easy,jesus' b-day according to the church was dec.25, in the pagan religion it is also the day the sun was born,hence the changing of the sabbath by the church,that's just one example,if you care to check out the rest feel free to do so,you'll find pagan and christian holidays just happen to be on the same dates,what are the odds of that happening? is it just coincedence? or was it mans hands at work?
True, Christians in the 2nd century chose Dec 25 because the Pagans in their land were already celebrating the Sun god day. The empire was already full of festivities so Christians counter acted against the Pagans by quietly celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ at Christ's Mass.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUCCESSION OF ANY KIND PAPAL OR OTHERWISE..
BUT I believe God is the same now as he was then..
Evidently you believe Jesus never came forth from the dead
and the Power that was received at the feast Pentecost has fizzled out
or that He lied when He said...
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
--> All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Question if you believe that God is powerless today...
why do you bother.
with church?
GIF,

You wrote:

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUCCESSION OF ANY KIND PAPAL OR OTHERWISE..

The apostles had to lay their hands to give power.....

There are NO apostles today, therefore, we DO NOT receive that kind of power....

BUT, we do receive "spiritual gifts" as we have received the "gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and <<<ye SHALL receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.>>>

Now, GIF, what are the purposes for which we receive the "spiritual gifts???"

1 Corinthians 12:7

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the [[[[[common good.]]]]]

Ephesians 4:12-14

12 <<<<<For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:>>>>>

13 Till we all come in the ~~~~~unity of the faith,~~~~~ and of the *****knowledge of the Son of God,***** unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the [[[[[fulness of Christ:]]]]]

14 [That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;]

Remember, what are the purposes of receiving these "spiritual gifts???"

They are given for the common good and the building up of the church.

GIF,

Did God want us to be uniformed about these spiritual gifts???

NO!!!!!!!!!!

1 Corinthians 12:1

12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do NOT want you to be uninformed.

What does Paul tell us:

He wants us to know ABOUT and UNDERSTAND what we have been given by God.

This is why we have the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit."

Now, GIF, what are the "spiritual gifts???"

I will let you answer this question.....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
THE BIBLE SAYS
==>NOT TO KEEP COMPANY WITH A RAILER..
MY WIFE ANDI HAVE BEEN AND ARE NOW BEING RAILED UPON F CONTINUOUSLY HERE IN THIS FORUM
NOTE
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you
not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother
be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater, or a RAILER,
or a drunkard, or an extortioner;
with such an one no not to eat.
(CAPITALIZED WORDS INSERTED MINE)
We might disagree on some theology but you are both good people.

No one should be subject to personal attacks as you have.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
They saw an empty vessel and filled it up with garbage. He was hungry and swallow every rotten bite.
GULPP!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clay wrote:
Question of the day:
Who started the Catholic Church?
Every Protestant, evangelical, SDA, Jehovah's, Mormon, sect can be traced to a single person.
But the Catholic Church does not have an apparent founder.
It has long been said by desperate Protestants that the Roman Emperor Constantine founded it. But there is absolutely zero evidence that this man could have.
So He is ruled out.
So who did?
The answer is that the Catholic Church can trace their lineage to Jesus Christ and what He said to Peter that day: "Peter, you are the Rock upon which I'll build MY CHURCH, And the gates of Hell shall not prevail"
Why would a man who was born a proud Jew, followed jewish customs/traditions. Lived his entire life a jew, preached as a jew, prayed in the temple to God, then after he is executed he is laid to rest in jewish custom and tradition, yet a few days later completely dumps his former life long belief system to start a completely new belief completely the opposite of what he preached and loved his whole earthly life.

Makes no common sense

I believe christianity started just like socialism and the reformation. Groups of people had an agenda they had no leader until years later. The early christian movement found out about a man who had died a few years earlier, discovered he was a good man and died for his cause, took this mans identity and used him as their leader, a leader being dead that could never dispute anything they decided to create or concoct.

Something is terribly wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 388,921 - 388,940 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••