Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,902
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403832 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We forgive those who trespass against us.
Now, how is a casual Catholic trespassing against me?
Also, the more Catholics, the more bills the Church has.
Don't get me wrong, I would love for all peoples to be in the fullness of the faith, which is the Catholic Church. But that's not reality. Right now its best the folks who wish to hang around once and awhile and claim they are Catholic ...and form groups like "Catholics for Choice" and websites like "National Catholic Reporter" ...its best they leave the Church. They refuse to be Catholic. They think they can be like Protestants and design their own Jesus.. Sorry, does not work tat way. Don't let the door hit you in the butt.
Clay says....."Catholics for Choice" and websites like "National Catholic Reporter"

Michael says........Its not the 90s anymore Clay.(lol) The world has changed, but the church still lives in the darkness of ancient times. You still burn candles for lighting.(lol)

CLAY says.......Also, the more Catholics, the more bills the Church has.

Michael says......so why is the catholic church doing an OUTREACH PROGRAM to bring more people to the church?(lol)

Without money the catholic church would start disappearing tomorrow. ITs all about the money, the power and the control. Haven't you figured that out yet?

Churches take in BILLIONS of dollars, pay no taxes, and every week ask for a little more money. BRILLIANT!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403833 Nov 21, 2012
preston wrote:
another one for you michael.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUCCESSION OF ANY KIND PAPAL OR OTHERWISE..
Confrinting is using a very old computer. Its not his fault.

You do it on purpose.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403835 Nov 21, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael,
Why all this talk about fear???
I have no fear...respect, yes...
Psalm 118:8
8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in humans.
TRUTH says.......I have no fear.

Michael says....Thats good to know.....I will mark you down in the "NO FEAR" column.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#403836 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says........
Let me clue you in. I am not like HOJO. you push me, old man and I will push back much harder than you ever knew from someone.
MICHAEL says:
OK! Preston, I will meet you in the alley. You better show up.
Hey Michael"]

Did you ever hear of Waldin Hill Rd

#403837 Nov 21, 2012
who="Robert F"
Good Morning KayMarie
I agree with you but would like to expand a little.
A walk in faith is necessary, and is one more of the intellect. In addition to faith, is necessary both hope and love. These latter two are more of the will. Christians believe these become part of their nature "born into them", when they are born again.(Jesus exhibited these qualities of God.) And yet they must also be pursued, to grow closer to God. This is one of the areas we are to grow in, which is toward Godliness....
Secondly, we also have born into us virtues of prudence(intellect), justice(will), temperance and fortitude(emotions). And these are in how we relate to our fellow man....We must grow in these areas as well in our humanity....
You make a note of "feeling" of greed and other ways of the flesh....I agree, yet it is not that we are not to have feelings, and be stoics, nor go to the other extreme and be hedonists(which is the way you are expressing your thoughts). Our feelings(emotions) must be made temperate and strong. It is a good thing for the intellect to guide them, in that way we can become zealous and strong for the Lord.
I know there is more, Robert. In no way did I cover the subject. God GAVE us the capacity to 'feel'. But He instructs us that our feelings are to be ruled. If we feel the fleshy things (anger, hate, greed, etc.), we are walking in the flesh. He gives us the power to 'feel'(by choice) those higher things (love, joy, peace, forgiveness, etc.).
KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#403838 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting is using a very old computer. Its not his fault.
You do it on purpose.
lol, I do it sometimes because of my fingers beng crooked as i HAVE SAID MANY TIMES, AND THEN SOMETHING I DONT.

you can guess which it is on this reply.

mr fraud does it becaus he doesnt know any better, like you recycling old news.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403839 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey Michael"]
Did you ever hear of Waldin Hill Rd
lol, it is called waldren hill and I moved from there two years ago after our granddaughter died.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403840 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't do it on your own.
Is that really what you're trying to convince everybody? Dude, you already relied on others to bring you the gospel.
I suppose you could write your own bible and create your own religion. But if that is not Gods will for the New Ager... You're in a world of hurt shall you steer others down a false path.
Be careful..be very very careful. You best hope you are correct.
More unfounded warnings?

I don't steer anyone - anywhere. I don't have that ability or power.

"You can't do it on your own."
- just because you think you can't doesn't make it true for me or anyone else.
- You sure think you have it all sewn up, huh?
- Can you prove to me that I will not be able to achieve salvation with utilizing my Self to do so?
- Can you ensure me that what you say is true?

Hey Clay, I see your arrogance peeking out.

#403841 Nov 21, 2012
who="Michael"
CLAY says.......
The quicker the casual Catholics leave the Church, the better off we'll be. They are nothing but a cancer anyway.
MICHAEL says........why do you recite the lords prayer at every mass you attend, if you don't really mean what you say. and say "WE FORGIVE THOSE THAT TRESPASS AGAINST US"
Your just a phony baloney.....
If all the part time/fence sitting/rule breaking, late attending, girl watching, catholics left the church for good, who is going to pay all the bills? Every dollar collected from the casual catholics helps pay all the bills of the church.
YOU WILL NEVER HEAR THE CHURCH LEADERS SAY DON'T COME BACK as long as they jingle money into the collection baskets.
You haven't thought this through at all!

Michael...have you heard of the Ninety and Nine? If we follow Jesus truly, our attitudes will reflect His. Some, even on here, have said, "Good riddance, let them go."

That is a terrible attitude and does not reflect the Love of God. It grieves me when people leave the church. Whether they moved out of state, or were disgruntled about something, they are missed.

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#403842 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUTH says.......I have no fear.
Michael says....Thats good to know.....I will mark you down in the "NO FEAR" column.
And you should.....lol.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#403843 Nov 21, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>just another example of the devil working in him, 44bdn and orville.
mischief is their occupation
I would say, he is trying to stir up trouble again...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#403844 Nov 21, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Christianity believes in a portion of Jesus. If you were to believe in all of his teachings, then you will believe what Jesus believes, and use what he believes [as you stated - "believes the person of Jesus is our salvation]. What is the difference if I believe in his teachings, or in the person?
BTW - Jesus taught to look within in many more ways than what is written in GoThomas and other non-canonical texts.
<quoted text>
Oh I see, you claim to now know what makes a so-called "Christian", "Christian". And 'faith in Jesus' is the only factor?
- Well, I have to disagree, because there has been many posts - in this forum alone - that shows the many characteristics of being a "Christian" - and this is just one.
- I do have 'faith in Jesus'. Faith that his message of morals, that which you have stated above, is true. If I live by them, and they are true to me, then your classification of me has just changed. We already know that I am part of the Church, in which you seem to reject as well. Now you say I don't believe in Jesus. You are becoming quite judgmental in your supposition.
Bara Dada, "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."
Source - Jones, E. Stanley. The Christ of the Indian Road, New York: The Abingdon Press,1925.(Page 114)"
One can agree with Jesus, as long as other people don't interfere with his message.
NASL

You ask, "What is the difference if I believe in his teachings, or in the person?"

The difference is this, even the devil believes in the teachings of Jesus. But that has no effect....

For a mere human person to say they believe in Jesus' teachings is to imply that they see Jesus as just a man. And that his teachings are "good", or even "perfect". And this brings a temporal understanding and a temporal peace. But there is no eternal salvation and peace.(This is why you have written before that no one knows what lies beyond death of the body.)

But to believe in Jesus the person, means to accept that Jesus is both God and Man. And that his sacrifice, death and resurrection is what brings eternal salvation and peace.(Those of faith, in Jesus know, because they have touched Jesus. And they have eternal salvation and peace, though they may not understand it temporally.)

It is for this reason, as another example, that Buddhists do not consider Buddha as being God, but merely an "enlightened" man, and follow his teachings. And they still seek eternal salvation(nirvana) rather than having it.

I never got into a discussion with you on the many aspects of being a Christian. In all we have discussed, we never really get past this difference of hearing his sayings, and being a Christian yet. So I have yet to "connect" with your "perceptions".

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403845 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
I GAVE MY LIFE OVER TO GOD ...IN CHRIST WHEN I WAS A VERY SMALL CHILD..
From that time until now he has been MY HEAVENLY FATHER...
Your pitiful attempt to dissuade me to move away from what I have
learned received and enjoyed at His hand over the years is hilarious.
Jesus said
Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat_11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I have done what he ask....and God has kept His promises..
and done what He said he would do..
~~~
Your post mean nothing to me...you might as well stop exercising your fingers as far as I am concerned...
72 years walk with God has give me lot of wonderful experiences, and no devils from hell can steal them from me.
I have come to far to turn away from my Lord and Savior.
Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?

Why don't you believe Jesus?

#403846 Nov 21, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, it is called waldren hill and I moved from there two years ago after our granddaughter died.
~~~

I just want to give you the hint that you aint hidden be hind your avatar

a word to the wise is sufficient.

I would suggest you should stop your slander harassment and demeaning of my wife and I.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403847 Nov 21, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, it is called waldren hill and I moved from there two years ago after our granddaughter died.
and what is funny is that I just googled it and found out that it had been listed in an agents hand and sold back in aug and no one told me
preston

Waverly, OH

#403848 Nov 21, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say, he is trying to stir up trouble again...
and looks like old mr fraud is too by listing an old address of mine that he probalby got off of karens profile back in sept when she was mad at me.but no biggie, I havent lived there for over two years.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403849 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
I would suggest you should stop your slander harassment and demeaning of my wife and I.
lol, you got that off of karen profile back in sept so dont lie. I have never placed my addy in any avatar of mine.

if so, where did I retire from?

and what is a feeble brained person like you going to do? by knowing where I used to live?your battery operated wheelchair would be worn out by the time that you drove it here.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#403850 Nov 21, 2012
...not AND...God IS LOVE.
The world presents God as an angry ruler who is just looking for an excuse to destroy us. He's been working on me, and little by little, I've come to see Him in a more favorable light. But finally I've begun to see Him as He really is.
We try to follow lots of 'rules'; try to force ourselves to 'be good'...even when we don''t want to. And sometimes we don't even try; we feel that it is 'too hard', or even that He is demanding too much. Our weakness prevents us from believing that even God could be perfect in love.
Tonight I began to get what I think is the whole picture. It took some time for me to realize that He could love ME! Who am I, that He should love ME? Some more perfect one of whom He could be proud...but not me.
God spoke through the prophet, saying, "I know the thoughts I think toward you," and He says those thoughts are to do us GOOD, not evil. He IS love, thus nothing else can come forth from Him. But that leaves us with questions...how/why could He let bad things happen to us if He loves us?
Well...now I see what is going on. God gives us commands (instructions) for living...NOT because He doesn't want us to enjoy life. After all, HE gave us LIFE; then He gave us His Son. If He gives us His dearest and best, why would He withhold anything else?
The secret is this: He wants us to be healthy and whole, body, mind and spirit. The first reason He instructs us to follow His thoughts, is that the pleasure derived from sin is temporary...and then it brings death. That destroys our health physically, mentally, and spiritually.
But suppose I'm not hurting anyone else, we ask? Because sin not only hurts us, it hurts those around us. Sickness, and divorce and greed, etc. bring pain and suffering, not only to the sinner, but to his/her neighbor. Our family/neighbors suffer greatly if we are sick; shock waves rumble out to hurt everyone when there is a divorce. If we follow His instructions, our lives become a blessing, if we do not, our actions become a curse to others (His other children.)
But what about hell, we ask? Isn't it mean of Him to be so angry with those who fail? If you've just been washed clean, and the old dog shakes his mud and fleas on you...though you 'love' Rover, can't you be a bit upset? God has given us everything necessary for 'life and godliness'. When His gifts are rejected willfully, it is simply proof that that individual is NOT love. Like begets like. It is a principal that works throughout God's world. So if one deliberately chooses to 'live in sin'; wounding all around him, that is proof that that one is NOT His 'seed'.
Now, Rover can't help himself; he doesn't even know how he is offending you...he's just trying to get comfortable...but God has made us able to hear and understand. It takes us a while to understand, but He patiently works with us as one works with a dear child. He FORGIVES us as long as our hearts are willing. Many times He waits on us when our understanding is lacking, and doesn't discard us. He LOVES us, He BELIEVES in us. He KNOWS what we can become, so He is patient.
Patience is PART of love (remember that the next time you are impatient). It takes time to cultivate love in us, so He remains patient. We are weak, and so He is merciful. Mercy is another PART of love. As obedient children we need to show mercy and patience (love) to His other children.
God IS LOVE...
Happy Thanksgiving,
KayMarie
KayMarie good friend

Nicely said....

You wrote, "We try to follow lots of 'rules';"

I would add, that when we try to live up to rules of doing good, we get tangled up....

Gal 5:22-23
the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

There is first of all love, but then a sense of joy, and not of drudgery or a heavy heart in doing God's Will.

This is why angels fly...(smile)
preston

Waverly, OH

#403851 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
perhaps you should contact your church and tell them not to give out your home address to any person that might ask for it.LOL

I can go back and get their addy if I really wanted to. you know, that home address where you were stealing their material from

#403852 Nov 21, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>and looks like old mr fraud is too by listing an old address of mine that he probalby got off of karens profile back in sept when she was mad at me.but no biggie, I havent lived there for over two years.
You still own the farm..and have it rented keep up you slander harassment and demeaning and I just might like to own a farm On Walden Rd in Waverly Ohio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Fri pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••