Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
388,841 - 388,860 of 532,930 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says....... All the teachings are entwined in scripture.(the way scripture was meant to be.
Michael says.......If the teachings were NOT entwined in scripture you would say that is the way it was meant to be.
Millions of stories have been told from the past. The only one you believe is the one about Jesus. YOu know nothing personally about the characters who lived (or maybe they didn't)
yet you put all your trust into every word they said, and today we have catholic fathers who are successions to the ones from the past, and lies, deceit and coverup scandals are their forte.
HOLY SHITE!
BUSTED!
You were a former Catholic, yet you believe the Church 'exists' because we all read stories with characters in it. Thus we believe..
Then after you're done with your rant, you shout "busted".
Lol. Interesting that people tell us Catholics what we believe; why we believe; and who we believe.
Then they yell 'busted', as if they unlocked a secret of our faith....based on what they think we believe..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of your anti-catholic distorted BS Michael!! Read the TRUTH about the Catholic Church and its growth:
Catholic Church shows Robust Growth
www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/catholic_chur... ....
Catholic Church Membership Growing
findarticles.com/P/articles/mi_gn4179/1s_2009...
Catholic Church the fastest growing
monkallover.blogspot.com/2007/03/catholic-chu...
US Catholic Church Growing
vivechristusrex2000blogspot.com/2010/02/us-ca...
Catholic Church still growing--mainlines declining
religion.lohudblogs.com/.../catholic-church-s...
Sure--I walked away from my original Protestant bible only Church, but I still worship there "once in a while" and visit my bible only Christian friends. We share our faith-and respect each others beliefs----even though we may disagree on doctrinal issues. HOWEVER----I DO NOT respect bible only anti-Catholic "bashers" and "heretics" on this forum like you, confrinting, Orville, 4GVN,justachristian1, OLDJG and the rest of the bible only "bashing buffoon" who attack my personal faith (the faith of Regina, Anthony, Clay and other Catholics ------AND my own personal salvation and relationship in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.
These links don't exist.
Maybe they only exist in your world.
Do you want to try again?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Throughout the history of mankind, more people have died violently in the name of religion or religious belief against other beliefs, than any other element that would create hatred.
Just look at the hatred on this forum. Preston as one example has been riding you and you're wife for months. All about religion.
Christianity is no exception.
If a person is keeping a body count, they would see that Stalin, Hitler and Mao take the blue ribbon in killings. It could be argued that these men killed on behalf of Atheism too- or at least, Atheistic ideals.

Busted!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Throughout the history of mankind, more people have died violently in the name of religion or religious belief against other beliefs, than any other element that would create hatred.
Just look at the hatred on this forum. Preston as one example has been riding you and you're wife for months. All about religion.
Christianity is no exception.
~~~

Pay no mind to Preston...His rantings, is just an occupational hazard.

He only proves that the devil don't agree with what my wife and I are posting,

To me it is a plus, a good sign that we are right on target...with our post..LOL

__

Jesus said..

Luk_6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:

God IS LOVE...

Happy Thanksgiving,
KayMarie
No religion is needed.

We can show love, be in love, voice our love, and love getting love.

All to do with what we do and how we act toward others.

No religion is required.

Why do you think a religion is required to achieve this level of humanity?

Can't do it on your own? Do yo need help? Are you unsure?

Maybe you should speak with the the many others on this forum - as it appears they can't seem to do these simple actions either.

The power of Self - acknowledge it.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says....... All the teachings are entwined in scripture.(the way scripture was meant to be.
Michael says.......If the teachings were NOT entwined in scripture you would say that is the way it was meant to be.
Millions of stories have been told from the past. The only one you believe is the one about Jesus. YOu know nothing personally about the characters who lived (or maybe they didn't)
yet you put all your trust into every word they said, and today we have catholic fathers who are successions to the ones from the past, and lies, deceit and coverup scandals are their forte.
HOLY SHITE!
BUSTED!
Its funny how you and other Atheist spend a great deal of time picking apart the thought of a God.

But when you guys offer an alternative theory on how we got here, you sound more absurd then any religion.

Tell us Michael, did a comet collide with Earth and lightning sparked a lifeform? Eventually evolving to present day Michaels?
Did Aliens from another galaxy plant DNA on this Earth to kick start life?
Lol the last one is my favorite, because its not too far from what Christians believe. Only the 'Alien' would be God.
Face it, its not the thought of a God that bugs you. Its the thought of this God controlling your fate; demanding for you to abide by a set of rules. Reminding you of right and wrong. Asking to be loved and worshipped. That is why you and Atheist have a problem with God. You wanna dictate your own life and do whatever you want without being held accountable when you die.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No religion is needed.
No religion is required.
Maybe you should speak with the the many others on this forum - as it appears they can't seem to do these simple actions either.
~~~~

THE POWER OF SELF..

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

THE POWER OF GOD...

Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
GIF,
You wrote:
I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUCCESSION OF ANY KIND PAPAL OR OTHERWISE..
The apostles had to lay their hands to give power.....
There are NO apostles today, therefore, we DO NOT receive that kind of power....
BUT, we do receive "spiritual gifts" as we have received the "gift of the Holy Spirit."
Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and <<<ye SHALL receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.>>>
Now, GIF, what are the purposes for which we receive the "spiritual gifts???"
1 Corinthians 12:7
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the [[[[[common good.]]]]]
Ephesians 4:12-14
12 <<<<<For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:>>>>>
13 Till we all come in the ~~~~~unity of the faith,~~~~~ and of the *****knowledge of the Son of God,***** unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the [[[[[fulness of Christ:]]]]]
14 [That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;]
Remember, what are the purposes of receiving these "spiritual gifts???"
They are given for the common good and the building up of the church.
GIF,
Did God want us to be uniformed about these spiritual gifts???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
1 Corinthians 12:1
12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do NOT want you to be uninformed.
What does Paul tell us:
He wants us to know ABOUT and UNDERSTAND what we have been given by God.
This is why we have the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit."
Now, GIF, what are the "spiritual gifts???"
I will let you answer this question.....
What about your friend Apostle Preston who saw Jesus over Vietnam while in a Airplane. He say's he is am Apostle..........LOL

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

<quoted text>
~~~~
THE POWER OF SELF..
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
THE POWER OF GOD...
Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
maybe if you stay out of the Jewish texts and stay within what Jesus says.

And you aren't even Jewish.

Tsk - tsk.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person is keeping a body count, they would see that Stalin, Hitler and Mao take the blue ribbon in killings. It could be argued that these men killed on behalf of Atheism too- or at least, Atheistic ideals.
Busted!!
~~~
Yep.... they almost murdered as many as the Roman Catholic Church did in the Crusades and the inquisition...Right?

The only difference is that Stalin, Hitler and Mao did not do it at the promptings of those that supposed to be representing Christ...In Rome ..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>What about your friend Apostle Preston who saw Jesus over Vietnam while in a Airplane. He say's he is am Apostle..........LOL
What ever he said he saw...is between him and God...

I aint going to touch that subject, and put it between him and me.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
Yep.... they almost murdered as many as the Roman Catholic Church did in the Crusades and the inquisition...Right?
The only difference is that Stalin, Hitler and Mao did not do it at the promptings of those that supposed to be representing Christ...In Rome ..
It would be a good idea for you (being a supposed person called by God) to research an learn about the Crusades and Inquisition. Right now you risk baring false witness. And worse, teaching the children in you Pentecostal compound lies.
Your elders lied to you guys about these events, as well as Constantines role because they feared you all knowing the truth. Now you, carry this lie on.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I only care about Jesus because He promises me something??
I understand in the Atheist world its all about me me me. You only view the world as far as your personal satisfaction can allow you.
In Christianity its not about me me me at all.
I happen to love Jesus Christ and I believe through the Eucharist and Gospel I've come to know Him.
Heck, I feel like I know Him better than I know members of my own family. That's the truth.
CLAY says.......Heck, I feel like I know Him better than I know members of my own family.

Religion will teach you CLAY to fear standing up for yourself. When you practice faith instead of conscious living, you live under a cloak of fear. You fear offending God. You fear missing mass on sunday. You fear your own fear! You lose control of your own creative freedom.

I stand up for myself, and not afraid to claim I am an independant thinker. But you have allowed religion to erode your own self-trust by explaining why you're unable to successfully manage life on YOUR OWN terms.

Live in fear the rest of your life and just hope it will turn out OK in the end.

You are a perfect match for religion, if you're afraid or unwilling to assume total responsibility for your own life.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
No religion is needed.
No religion is required.

You haven't proved that YOU can "show love, be in love, voice your love", or even love getting love.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

No religion is needed.
No religion is required.
You haven't proved that YOU can "show love, be in love, voice your love", or even love getting love.
KayMarie
I don't need to. I believe like you believe only "God" needs to be "proved" - as "He" is the supposed being that will judge me.

You have no say in it, even though you think your voice will affect it.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

No religion is needed.
No religion is required.
KayMarie
BTW - you seemed to not answer these questions either.

Care to give them a whirl?

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
Pay no attention to my wife and myself...Our rantings are just an occupational hazard.
He only proves that God doesn't agree with what my wife and I are posting,
To him it is a plus, a good sign that we are wrong ...with our post..LOL
__
thank you mr fraud, for one of the few times, your post is accurate and believable
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.......Heck, I feel like I know Him better than I know members of my own family.
Religion will teach you CLAY to fear standing up for yourself. When you practice faith instead of conscious living, you live under a cloak of fear. You fear offending God. You fear missing mass on sunday. You fear your own fear! You lose control of your own creative freedom.
I stand up for myself, and not afraid to claim I am an independant thinker. But you have allowed religion to erode your own self-trust by explaining why you're unable to successfully manage life on YOUR OWN terms.
Live in fear the rest of your life and just hope it will turn out OK in the end.
You are a perfect match for religion, if you're afraid or unwilling to assume total responsibility for your own life.
Now that you explained to me why I believe what I do, I think I understand! Lol.

Guess what mike, I march to the beat of my own drum. I don't have to be a Christian. I WANT to be a Christian. I don't have te be Catholic nor follow Catholic teachings. I WANT to be a Catholic and go to Mass.
I'm sorry you grew up thinking you were forced into it. Eventually, you made your own decision anyway. Right? Now you feel you must trash this Church every chance you get to satisfy your own personal vendetta. That's the impression I get from you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe if you stay out of the Jewish texts and stay within what Jesus says.
And you aren't even Jewish.
Tsk - tsk.
~~~

How do you know I am not a Jew...You don't know me personally..

One thing for sure I don't suffer from ego mania.

If man himself could have saved man kind then Jesus died in vain.

With out Christ a man is like one stuck in quicksand and attempting to pull himself out by his boot straps.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how you and other Atheist spend a great deal of time picking apart the thought of a God.
But when you guys offer an alternative theory on how we got here, you sound more absurd then any religion.
Tell us Michael, did a comet collide with Earth and lightning sparked a lifeform? Eventually evolving to present day Michaels?
Did Aliens from another galaxy plant DNA on this Earth to kick start life?
Lol the last one is my favorite, because its not too far from what Christians believe. Only the 'Alien' would be God.
Face it, its not the thought of a God that bugs you. Its the thought of this God controlling your fate; demanding for you to abide by a set of rules. Reminding you of right and wrong. Asking to be loved and worshipped. That is why you and Atheist have a problem with God. You wanna dictate your own life and do whatever you want without being held accountable when you die.
I have never been in jail. Never done illegal drugs, never abused alcohol, never divorced, obey the laws of our land, treat everyone with respect.........How many catholics/christians can claim all these things? NOT MANY!

BUSTED!

Explain to me how you got here?

Explain HOW god created the universe?

Explain where God was and what was his purpose before the universe was created?

Explain how god created the heavens and earth?

You can say he created everything but when it comes to how it was created the most important aspect you say what?

You follow a book as your reference source. A book written by men you know nothing about in a personal way.

Everything you say about God is what ONLY OTHER men have stated. If the men today operating the catholic church have been criticized for their indescretions/scandals/lies/de ceit etc. how the hell can you verify what was written in the distant past by people with the exact same agenda?

Believe what you want. If there is a loving God he created us to be independant thinkers, otherwise why wouldn't he have just done away with followers of all other beliefs and made the world catholic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Hebrewsunite 8,181
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••