Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
388,781 - 388,800 of 532,538 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
I think we know he has been guilty of this all along even thow he accuses others of Plagiarizing if they forget to add the URL link etc.

Doesn't the NUT realise we are all reading from the same book so yes whe it comes to scripture our intepretations that are spiritually discerned are going to be the same. Some by those who it is not spiritually discerned and fall into a false doctirne as well.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DID NOT KNOW THE APOSTLE PETER'S LAST NAME...though he did pop-off a time or two...and once when he did....Jesus called Him satan...
I guess I am a lawless one....
I don't live under the Levitical law
I live under GRACE. I am a Gentile...
Jesus did not lie when he said...
Mat_10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Luk_9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luk_10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE COUNTERFEITS AND FALSE PROPHETS ...DO YOU THINK IT NEGATES THE POWER OF GOD...TO WORK THROUGH HIS SERVANTS...
DO YOU STOP DRINKING WATER JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE WELLS THAT ARE CONTAMINATED...
JESUS SAID...
Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
PEOPLE ARE JUST AS THIRSTY AND IN NEED OF HEALING AND MIRACLES TODAY AS THEY WERE WHEN JESUS WAS UPON THE EARTH...
IF YOU HAVE FOUND A GOOD EXCUSE TO BE POWERLESS AND ENDEMIC...DON'T USE IT.
Heb_13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Amen..So many people are confused about Gods Grace. They want to be a Jew and still live under the old laws. Its ALL about Jesus and what HE DID for us..Not what we can do for him. He is my redeemer. I am bought and paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ. Thanks for posting this
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
I'd say That puts him right up there with Ellen G. White......LOL
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Romans 11:21-24

King James Version (KJV)

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

who="Robert F"
Orville good friend
You write about conversion by the Holy Spirit. But you also write at the end that you sin....So that means to me, that conversion is a process. That we are not completely converted when the Holy Spirit is within us. That the heart grows softer when we follow the Holy Spirit, and harder when we do not. And we can be deceived enough so that we sin.
So there is a process of conversion which entails first of conviction, and then an act repenting, knowing it is a sorrowful thing we did when we sinned....

Robert...When a baby is born, it is a whole person...just not reached its full growth. Jesus said that "you MUST be born again (of the Spirit).
The baby Christian must feed, first on the milk of the Word, then, if it walks in faith, it will be able to handle meat.

Because our 'feelings' give way to greed, and other works of the flesh, repentance is necessary. Yes, the heart led by the Spirit becomes softer, sweeter, and the one that is rebellious may become very hard.

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must believe that the seventy handed their powers on to others???
If you believe this, you have been deceived!!!
~~~

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUCCESSION OF ANY KIND PAPAL OR OTHERWISE..

BUT I believe God is the same now as he was then..

Evidently you believe Jesus never came forth from the dead
and the Power that was received at the feast Pentecost has fizzled out
or that He lied when He said...

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,

--> All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Question if you believe that God is powerless today...

why do you bother.

with church?

Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Orville good friend
You write about conversion by the Holy Spirit. But you also write at the end that you sin....So that means to me, that conversion is a process. That we are not completely converted when the Holy Spirit is within us. That the heart grows softer when we follow the Holy Spirit, and harder when we do not. And we can be deceived enough so that we sin.
So there is a process of conversion which entails first of conviction, and then an act repenting, knowing it is a sorrowful thing we did when we sinned....

I agree.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I'd say That puts him right up there with Ellen G. White......LOL

Rightfully so. Amen.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'know, I am not so sure I really mind that Michael wants to keep on this topic. In many ways, I think it could end up being very good for the Church.
There are undoubtedly going to be many people who will leave the Church.
First and foremost in the exodus will be the nominal Catholics. Easter and Christmas mass attendance, if that. No clear idea of what the Church teaches, because they never really cared to learn.
If they can find a home elsewhere, well, God Bless 'Em!
Think about it. Why are there those who stay, despite the news stories and the scandal, and the continual emphasis on the scandal, no matter how good a job any bishop does in the future?
Why are there still men studying for the priesthood?
(This second one blows my mind. I am continually amazed that there is ANYBODY willing to go to seminary, but there are still men applying with the diocese. Why? They *can't* be thinking it is any kind of path to automaticic authority and status, as was the case with some of the guys I encountered in seminary. Nowaday, i'm more likely to get a glare and a dirty look when I'm wearing my collar.
And you KNOW that the family and friends of these guys are asking them WHY on earth they would ever want to be priests, since "everybody knows" about those priests ...
And yet, there are still men applying.)
Therre are still people entering the RCIA, investigating the Catholic Faith. This too blows my mind. These are intelligent people, and they still want to know what we teach, and why.
I can only see it as the work of the HS, although I know many on this board will disagree.
People who are staying Catholic are doing so because they KNOW what it is they are doing, and see the importance of the faith in Jesus Christ being proclaimed by the Church. Men who are truly committed to God's call are still answering.
The other thing that makes me wonder is why none of the Protestants seem to be asking the obvious question: Why, EXACTLY, did this scandal happen in the CC? Many of them were so convinced that the Church is satanic, or at the very least, a pet project of Satan... which I would think would make them wonder, just a little, what the explanation for the scandal would be.
You'd think Satan would attack something that was truly of God, and try to undermine it. But no, he attacks what people like "Just-a-Christian" and Marge seem to think was something key to his plans to undermine the True Faith.
Odd ...
Rob
A couple things here Fr Rob..
I understand what you're saying about cultural Catholics leaving. Normally I could care less if an adult who's a half hearted Catholic in the first place, leaves. Groups like "Catholics for choice" and such need to get the heck out of the Church.

However, my heart aches for their children, who will not have much of a choice, and therefore will be deprived of the fullness of Christianity- especially the Eucharist.

I do find it amazing that the seminary here in the Twin Cities is full (again). The RCIA class is full too (again). Many of these new Catholics are bright converts.. Former Evangelicals who just want truth. Their respective churches can't get it for them. That's the honest to God answer that I hear. The internet can be an amazing tool for folks who want to search and verify whether or not their pastors are speaking truth..
I don't necessarily have a problem with the Church exchanging casual Catholics for convert Catholics. The new members are full of zeal and devotion to the Gospel and Jesus Christ.

And these new Priest are different too. They are brave, strong willed, and not shy to stand up and proclaim their faith.
I believe the Holy Spirit is picking the best of the best right now for the Priesthood. God knows we need it more than ever.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I think we know he has been guilty of this all along even thow he accuses others of Plagiarizing if they forget to add the URL link etc.
Doesn't the NUT realise we are all reading from the same book so yes whe it comes to scripture our intepretations that are spiritually discerned are going to be the same. Some by those who it is not spiritually discerned and fall into a false doctirne as well.

7TH,
He knows very, very well. He enjoys the "act", imagery.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I think we know he has been guilty of this all along even thow he accuses others of Plagiarizing if they forget to add the URL link etc.

Notice he is hunkered down.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

RCC only true church, says Vatican? Now THERE'S an unbiased opinion!

What a crock.
44GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>there is no hypocrisy in any person that stands against a sinful nature.
so your words makes no sense to anyone.lol
Theake perfect sense to any one who has sense. That is why you don't get it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Grace is God's unmerited favor - His goodness toward those who have no claim on, nor reason to expect, divine favor. The principal manifestation of God's grace has heen in the form of a gift. We think the apostle meant that salvation is "the gift of God," or, as emphatically put in the Greek, "of God is it the gift." Salvation is not our achievement, but it is a gift from God. That truth is made stronger by contrast. It is 'not of ourselves' and "not of works." Salvation is indeed the most extraordinary expression of God's grace.

Salvation is of divine origin. But it is not anything that God was bound to arrange by the necessity of His nature. It is the result of His gracious will. Had it not been for His good pleasure, salvation would never have come. "By grace are ye saved." The Greek grammar denotes not the act of being saved, but the fact of having been saved. God's grace rather than human merit is the source of the whole arrangement. We are saved gratuitously. Salvation is a gift; it is not earned.

http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/fbf/grace.html

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

Next you write, "...Spirit [Self], and you will learn to understand that which is within us, that will bring any salvation."
This is where it breaks down. Christianity believes the person of Jesus is our salvation. You believe in learning to understand what is within us brings salvation.
No, Christianity believes in a portion of Jesus. If you were to believe in all of his teachings, then you will believe what Jesus believes, and use what he believes [as you stated - "believes the person of Jesus is our salvation]. What is the difference if I believe in his teachings, or in the person?

BTW - Jesus taught to look within in many more ways than what is written in GoThomas and other non-canonical texts.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>This second part is difficult. Just knowing and understanding(to some degree) the sayings of Jesus is not salvation. They tend to promote peace, kindness, love, which many welcome, including you(by your own words). And so you are committed to them.(To me that is a good thing as well.) But it falls short.

If "God" and Jesus wanted those attributes, and I've done these things without panning to any religious organization, why do you believe I could not achieve salvation, or in your words "fall short."

Who are you to tell me what "God" claims I fall short to?
- There's that arrogance factor again.
- Rob!!!???

[QUOTE who="Robert F"]<quoted text>Seeing(Repenting)knowl edge and understanding(cause feeling good) are only half of the picture. The other half is faith. Faith in Jesus as a person makes one a Christian. You are taking the easy part of peace, kindness, and love, and leaving out the struggle, fighting..., and eventual victory in Christ.
Oh I see, you claim to now know what makes a so-called "Christian", "Christian". And 'faith in Jesus' is the only factor?
- Well, I have to disagree, because there has been many posts - in this forum alone - that shows the many characteristics of being a "Christian" - and this is just one.
- I do have 'faith in Jesus'. Faith that his message of morals, that which you have stated above, is true. If I live by them, and they are true to me, then your classification of me has just changed. We already know that I am part of the Church, in which you seem to reject as well. Now you say I don't believe in Jesus. You are becoming quite judgmental in your supposition.

Bara Dada, "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."
Source - Jones, E. Stanley. The Christ of the Indian Road, New York: The Abingdon Press,1925.(Page 114)"

One can agree with Jesus, as long as other people don't interfere with his message.
springLoaded

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

**END TIME WARS, ISRAEL & ANTICHRIST (*News )

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>THANKS, I FORGOT MY PLACE.
you are a lifesaver, mr fraud might have given me a ticket.
usually I wait until I post the last thing from a source before I put the link and since you beat me to it, I guess that I was through, you party pooper.

but those verses that I used and statements are different than what you did the other night when YOU copied some guys statement of affirmation.

since you began it with the words "I affirm", which would lead a normal thinking person to believe that it is your statement.

you try your best to "one up me", but you always fail.

BTW, how is your prayer life coming?

been praying anyone dead latley?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

44GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Theake perfect sense to any one who has sense. That is why you don't get it.
considering that I was the person that formed that post, chances are real good that I knew what I was saying when I said it.

and chances are that some people will not have a clue to the originality of many statements made by people much smarter than people like you who possess an IQ lower than prosimians
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Question of the day:
Who started the Catholic Church?

Every Protestant, evangelical, SDA, Jehovah's, Mormon, sect can be traced to a single person.

But the Catholic Church does not have an apparent founder.
It has long been said by desperate Protestants that the Roman Emperor Constantine founded it. But there is absolutely zero evidence that this man could have.
So He is ruled out.
So who did?
The answer is that the Catholic Church can trace their lineage to Jesus Christ and what He said to Peter that day: "Peter, you are the Rock upon which I'll build MY CHURCH, And the gates of Hell shall not prevail"
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no sense of humor!
I have asked you 100 times. Give me examples of what I posted that you claim is not true?
You never do.
BUSTED!
Michael---you have posted "nothing but" overblown and exaggerated" (National Inquirer) type articles (ALL with anti-catholic "spin") to them. The "truth" to you is (again) "nothing but" lies to ALL OF US -- Catholics on this forum--who "actually" KNOW THE TRUTH!! You have so much anti-catholic hostility, hate and vengence in your life, that your mind, heart and soul has been "corrupted" with BUSTED and UNBELIEVABLE deception,--------- deceiving yourself as you "desperately and unsuccessfully" attempt to deceive others!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 8,121
More 10 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 10 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••