Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
388,761 - 388,780 of 532,712 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

1956 I made my first holy communion in the catholic church our family belonged to. 3 masses on sunday, 3 parish priests, a full time housekeeper, a part time secretary, 2 affiliated nuns. About 1100-1200 catholics attended every sunday through the 3 masses.

2012, 1 mass on sunday, about 150 attendees. Almost all elderly. Saturday night mass, 30-40 attendees. No parish priest (1 priest works between two parishes in the city himself) housekeeper, secretary, and the 2 nuns long gone.

Wouldn't any educated person wonder why since the high water mark of 1968 has the catholic church in the western world been on the slide?

There seems to be many different reasons, and the FEAR instilled into our parents and grandparents that its a MORTAL SIN to miss one sunday mass doesn't seem to faze young people today in the least.

The abuse scandals were not well known 45 years ago, accept for the odd rumor. There must be more deep seated reasons why in just 2 generations the catholic church is shuttering more churches than they are building.

Is the vatican paying attention? Do they care where many have gone to?

Where will the catholic church be in america in the next 10 years? 25 years? Unless God appears on earth himself, I don't see any reverse in the trends.

Where have all the catholics gone? and why have they gone?

Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend
I think that even after being born again, one can be deceived. It is a question of discearning spiritual things where we fall prey to the powers of darkness.
Prior to being born again one is already in the power of darkness in a sense.

Yes, we can be decived as" 12And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.
Jerhimiah 18.

James1:
14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Robert- Yes, we were once in darkness. But fater our conversion by an act of Holy God-Spirit,

<< Romans 6 >>
King James Version

----------
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Romans 6.

Yes, I sin Robert. When I am tempted, when I am drawn away of my own lust, and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
PRESTON says......THIS LIE MAY HAUNT HER UNTIL HER JUDGEMENT. IT JUST AINT VERY SMART TO TELL LIES ABOUT JESUS ,LIKE HER AND ORVILLE DO.
Why don't you make a coffee sit in your living room and sing Puff the Magic Dragon. It will soothe your nerves.
How can you prove to me, everything written in the 4 gospels actually happened? Can you verify with certainty that the names associated with the 4 gospels are the actual people who wrote them?
You can't. Thats why its called a relgious belief, not religious fact.
may I suggest that you ask this question or questions to those who you support?

Two good living, god fearing people on this forum, Kay and her husband who tell you a story that has tormented them, and that you demand PROOF about its authenticity, yet you automatically believe stories written by "who knows who wrote them" two thousand years ago and you believe every word they say.

I mean after all, they only have 125 years of bible study among them, or SO THEY SAY.LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

who="Robert F"
marge good friend
Yes....
Note Matthew was talking about persons(people), and not spiritual beings(fallen angels....)

Such 'persons' will be under the influence of spiritual beings.

KayMarie
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
for mr fraud and his constant lying about me.
One who bears false witness against one's neighbor commits as serious a sin as if one had borne false witness against God, saying that God did not create the world.
Mechilta to Exodus 20:13

The Romans are the only ones who do not make your nonsense known. The only ones. They are the only ones you have in your corner. This is very visible.
Thus, you are an enemy of Holy God-Jesus.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your "bogus" explanation as to how I became a Catholic is just as "distorted, twist and perverted" as the "trash infested" anti-catholic news that you "dig up"! Tell me, Michael, "how does it feel to be compared to the the provider of same kind "junk news" that the National Inquirer puts out or better yet the communist propaganda newspaper Pravda!...... It speaks so......highly of the supposed news that we.....(quote)...---"need to know"!
This information is from the credable PEW RESEARCH CENTRE that gathers relgious data for all religions.

It is not right up to date but fairly current. Read through it and see what I am talking about. Don't blame me as you always do because the numbers are low and going lower.

http://webspace.webring.com/people/up/pharsea...

This is the trend of our society. Millions of catholics have done what I have done. Walked away. Remember you walked away from your original belief.

Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>According to the New Testament, Jesus explains that obedience to the prohibition against false testimony from the ten commandments is a requirement for eternal life. According to Jesus, false testimony comes from the sinful desires of the heart and makes people unclean

Stolen from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_shall_not_be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
for mr fraud and his constant lying about me.
One who bears false witness against one's neighbor commits as serious a sin as if one had borne false witness against God, saying that God did not create the world.
Mechilta to Exodus 20:13

Stolen from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_shall_not_be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert - don't you think it could just be religious hysteria? Over-zealous people working themselves up to fever pitch.
Happy Thanksgiving, dear :) You are so nice to everyone.
Sherlayne good friend

Sure....

There can be a problem with being zealous, and especially over-zealousness. It rests in first being able to discearn good and bad. One must be aware, then understand, and finally decide if such actions are bringing one closer to God, or farther. A person in such a position cannot use the reason that they feel good, or better, as the determining factor in being zealous. Such reasoning and feelings can be counterfeit....

Happy Thanksgiving back to you. Thank you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
These powers were given to the apostles.
THERE WERE ONLY TWELVE APOSTLES...
WHAT OF THE OTHER 58 DISCIPLES THAT JESUS SENT FORTH...
Hos_4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:
Luk 10:1 After these things -->the Lord appointed other seventy also,
and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.<--
Luk 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luk 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Luk 10:4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
Luk 10:5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luk 10:6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luk 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Luk 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
Luk 10:9 And
heal the sick that are therein, and
say unto them,
The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
DOES YOUR CHURCH... REALLY HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR NOT BEING OBEDIENT TO JESUS..
THERE IS NONE THAT YOU HAVE NAMED AS YET...
So you must believe that the seventy handed their powers on to others???

If you believe this, you have been deceived!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
THANKS, I FORGOT MY PLACE.

you are a lifesaver, mr fraud might have given me a ticket.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

and I really didnt steal it, I was going to give it back, I just borrowed it for a few minutes

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we can be decived as" 12And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.
Jerhimiah 18.
James1:
14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Robert- Yes, we were once in darkness. But fater our conversion by an act of Holy God-Spirit,
<< Romans 6 >>
King James Version
----------
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Romans 6.
Yes, I sin Robert. When I am tempted, when I am drawn away of my own lust, and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Orville good friend

You write about conversion by the Holy Spirit. But you also write at the end that you sin....So that means to me, that conversion is a process. That we are not completely converted when the Holy Spirit is within us. That the heart grows softer when we follow the Holy Spirit, and harder when we do not. And we can be deceived enough so that we sin.

So there is a process of conversion which entails first of conviction, and then an act repenting, knowing it is a sorrowful thing we did when we sinned....
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try telling that to my orthodox Jewish friends who came to my parents' funeral masses.
We have many Jewish converts to the faith.
Not all Jews rejected Jesus. the first church of Jesus was Jewish Regina. Even today there is a group who call thems selves Jews for Christ.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You were once a protestant you told us, who was ejected from the church, thrown to the curb, dusted yourself off, walked down the street and there was a catholic church. YOu walked inside everyone there said "welcome aboard HOJO".........you are now one of us, and everyone lived happily ever after.
thats about it!
I bring the news we all need to know.
They saw an empty vessel and filled it up with garbage. He was hungry and swallow every rotten bite.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Live Action wrote:
It Is The Demon's and evil spirits that try and filter through your mind.you must stop them by understanding
1# Understanding Yahweh Is Not A god.
2#keeping his feast and his sabbath.
Keeping the old testament.to the best of your ability And I do not care who you are and your life will change.for the better.
Scripture says that understanding only comes from the reverence of your heavenly father.
This means to do as he tells you.don't he haw around with it.
And you can not gain Understanding by worshiping a man made god...that's right this is what you sheeple don't get...... man changed his name and made the creator a god....the very thing he warns you not to worship gods and or god hell can't you see he don't even want to be in the same category as them.
rev 12/9 sure hits home....and can you not see everyone interpenetrating the scripture according to them. who has never once kept the sabbath his feast......NO UNDERSTANDING.
It is written:

Romans 11:21.

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Live Action wrote:
It Is The Demon's and evil spirits that try and filter through your mind.you must stop them by understanding
1# Understanding Yahweh Is Not A god.
2#keeping his feast and his sabbath.
Keeping the old testament.to the best of your ability And I do not care who you are and your life will change.for the better.
Scripture says that understanding only comes from the reverence of your heavenly father.
This means to do as he tells you.don't he haw around with it.
And you can not gain Understanding by worshiping a man made god...that's right this is what you sheeple don't get...... man changed his name and made the creator a god....the very thing he warns you not to worship gods and or god hell can't you see he don't even want to be in the same category as them.
rev 12/9 sure hits home....and can you not see everyone interpenetrating the scripture according to them. who has never once kept the sabbath his feast......NO UNDERSTANDING.
It Is Written:

Romans 11:21.

For if Yahweh spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Remember Yahweh desired Mercy not Scarifice and Judgement.

We are still to keep the commandments of Yahweh. Does not Grace entail Mercy ? it is by the Blood of Christ that Jew and gentile alike are saved.

Good Post !!!
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Jews rejected Jesus. the first church of Jesus was Jewish Regina. Even today there is a group who call thems selves Jews for Christ.
Yes, we all know this...but we were talking about current day Jews, not the early church. You made a disparaging remark about Jewish converts to Catholicism. Instead of celebrating the fact that they came to embrace Christ in His church, you chose to say, and I quote, "That is too bad they traded the incorruptible God for that which is corrupted." I stand by my reply.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>THANKS, I FORGOT MY PLACE.
you are a lifesaver, mr fraud might have given me a ticket.

You forgot nothing. You can see your words, know them, and plan them in advance. You lie so repetivley, you have only lost your conscience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch... Again.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we all know this...but we were talking about current day Jews, not the early church. You made a disparaging remark about Jewish converts to Catholicism. Instead of celebrating the fact that they came to embrace Christ in His church, you chose to say, and I quote, "That is too bad they traded the incorruptible God for that which is corrupted." I stand by my reply.
FREAKSHOW...The Catholic Church is all Paganism. Babylon in the 3rd century had the exact same teachings. 2000 years before Christianity. Filth and garbage is the teachings of Catholicism. Watch the EXORCIST movie from 1973. FILTH and Demonism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 58 min Gee-Tee 8,137
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••