Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,435)

Showing posts 388,681 - 388,700 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost is not good enough Regina.
Your mass does not resembles, the Jewish communal prayers , a Jew won't Step inside your church let alone pray in it because of all the idols.
Try telling that to my orthodox Jewish friends who came to my parents' funeral masses.

We have many Jewish converts to the faith.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, they will say you been told before, they put drops of the blood on the bread(flesh).
Kay Marie real quickly going back to speaking in tongues, can we say whatever is 'said' does not add or take-away from the Written Word and or of course agrees with Scripture 100%?
marge good friend

Here we have a bit of a dilemma. Speaking in tongues is permitted. But discearning tongues as being true or false we generally accept is based on whether it agrees with scripture....If it deviates then it is some form of heresy which can spread. Heresy is most often, not in direct opposition with scripture, but is some slight addition, or subtraction from scripture.

In the case of screaming and yelling in a sort of chaos at a worship service, there is nothing which supports this sort of behavior in scripture. So it would seem an "addition" to scripture.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And an angel of God would not speak contrary the the Word of God, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to deceive one born of Jesus, we go back to again, one must be born-again to know and see the kingdom of God.
marge good friend

If God's angels do not speak contrary, certainly the devil and his minions counterfeit the Word of God, in order to deceive. And some will be deceived, usually through pride, or a spiritual gluttony in this case of tongues....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, the Church is not pushing this aside and neither am I.
You can't fool us Michael, you yearn to keep this topic (child sexual abuse) front page, every single day, to advance your own agenda against the Church. You strive to sensationalize this as if you were the media. You comb the internet looking for any story about child sexual abuse to post in a frantic effort to spread trash about the Catholic Church. When we Catholics say 'enough already Michael', you accuse us of denying or protecting the guilty.
For that Mike, you are just as sick as the molesters . No one should use this topic to satisfy their personal vendetta.
If you're church leaders kept their zippers up and told no coverup lies there would be no stories about bad deeds by some of your church leaders now would there?.

Put the blame where it belongs. I am exposing evil wrong doings by teachers of your faith. You don't like that? I thought you're church was all about TRANSPARENCY!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try telling that to my orthodox Jewish friends who came to my parents' funeral masses.
Don't forget! It goes both ways. Catholics too becoming Jewish.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
iraqvet03

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Karen,

The term catholic means universal. It is Greek in origin. In this way it means that the Church is everyone and for everyone. The Church is the bride and Jesus is the bridegroom. You either believe that He is our Savior Who was killed by His people and rose again or you do not. The statement from the Pope does not make salvation exclusive to the Catholic Church. The Church recognizes that elements of catholicity exist in other denominations. He simply restated a position the Church has always held.

R/s
Marc
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Jesus started a Church. We know His Apostles ordained their successors to carry on this Church. They called their Church 'Catholic' from very early on.
Jesus didn't completely follow the teachings of the Jews at that time, that's why they killed Him.
Clay says..........Jesus didn't completely follow the teachings of the Jews at that time, that's why they killed Him.

Michael says .....how do you know with certainty that this Jesus did not follow his teachings completely? A peace loving man who helped the homeless, for some reason doesn't practice his faith quite the way he is suppose to, so faith leaders are going to KILL HIM for that reason!

makes no common sense.

You're scriptures often mention Jesus in the temple praying. The scriptures claim Jesus at his crucifixion wore tassels on his clothing that signified his beloved jewish tribe.

Sounds like a full fledged Jew to me.

Makes no sense practicing your jewish belief your entire life then in order to get yourself back to heaven you have to get yourself killed, so you have to piss off your faith leaders so bad they want you dead, and if they don't kill you how are you ever going to return to heaven?

unbelievable!........makes no common sense.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

iraqvet03 wrote:
Karen,
The term catholic means universal. It is Greek in origin. In this way it means that the Church is everyone and for everyone. The Church is the bride and Jesus is the bridegroom. You either believe that He is our Savior Who was killed by His people and rose again or you do not. The statement from the Pope does not make salvation exclusive to the Catholic Church. The Church recognizes that elements of catholicity exist in other denominations. He simply restated a position the Church has always held.
R/s
Marc
Iraqvet03 says........u either believe that He is our Savior Who was killed by His people and rose again or you do not.

The scriptures ONLY! say that your man Jesus did wonderful things for many people. A man claimed to have superhuman capabilities in bringing dead people back to life, making blind men see again, feeding exactly 5,000 people with bits and pieces of bread and fish. A man that had such a huge following he would put the Beatles from 1965 to shame.

Yet for some reason a very very short time later the people are screaming for his death. What happened during the very very short period of time to go from HERO TO ZERO?

If there was a crucifixion where were his supporters. If this man had brought me back from the dead I would be there supporting him. If he fed me when I was hungry I would be supporting him. No one showed up? Why?

Scriptures ONLY claim the angry crowd had a 50-50 choice to pick Jesus or Barabas. What would have happened if the crowd using their free will screamed Barabas instead? How would christianity have ever started.

Everything in this story from birth to death is staged......and you believe more than likely, only! because you were born into a religious belief that teaches this story.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is to bad they traded the incorruptable God: for that which is corrupted.
44GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmmmm...
Probably should be "It was close to 300 years before the Letters of St.Paul were formally declared to be inspired scripture at a council or synod."
The individual churches in various places were using them in the sacred liturgy before such declaration. In fact, it was such usage, which arose out of a sense of the divinely inspiried character of the writings, which led to the formal declaration, rather than the other way around.
I mention this primarily because we have had such misunderstanding by many Prots on this board, as if the CC were claiming that it is the declaration of the Church which made the writings scripture (divinely inspired). What we are actually saying is the RECOGNITION of this is expressed in declaration by the Church, after that first recognition grew within the individual church communities.
Work of the Holy Spirit, all around, in the writer, in the small communities, and finally, in the Council Declaration.
Mass in 2 min. Gotta go!
Rob
You also had a misunderstanding by many catholics on this board. Funny you never mentioned that.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is God not the same God to all generations, to every tribe, tongue and nation.
Speaking in other tongues is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Are not these gift available to this generation.
God said in the last days I will pour out my spirit Act 2:17.
Mark 16:20

20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and <<<<<confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.>>>>>

Paul and Barnabas went as usual into the <<<Jewish synagogue.>>> There they spoke so effectively that a great number of Jews and Greeks believed. But the ~~~~~Jews who refused to believe~~~~~ stirred up the other Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers.

Acts 14:3

3 Long time therefore abode they *speaking boldly in the Lord,* <<<<<which gave testimony unto the WORD of his grace,>>>>> and ~~~~~granted signs and wonders to be DONE BY THEIR HANDS.~~~~~

Sure, LTM, we are given gift....

But, today, there are NO apostles giving those gift out that they had back then done by their hands....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

44GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You also had a misunderstanding by many catholics on this board. Funny you never mentioned that.
I think you should take Fr. Dye up on his offer to discuss baptism with you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Orville,
Today, we have the Word of God....we do not need the "speaking of tongues...."
Besides, the "speaking of tongues" was for the Jews....
In the Law it is written:
“With other tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
<<<<<I will speak to this people,>>>>>
but even then they will not listen to me,
says the Lord.”
~~~

God has never given us something that we don't need...IF YOU DON'T WANT WHAT GOD OFFERS..IT IS YOUR LOSS...

AS FOR ME I'LL RECEIVE ANY THING HE OFFERS WITH GUSTO..

and don't need a family doctor at the age of 78...

If you want to short change yourself because of your unbelief..have at it

but as for me I will have confident expectations for all God has made available

___

THE APOSTLE PETER SAID..

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

for example...

I am in good health because I trust in God for my health.

HIS WORD SAYS HEALING CAME AS PART/WITH MY SALVATION...I BELIEVE AND I RECEIVE...because God's word says so....and GOD DOES NOT LIE.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

___

YOU SHUN HIS WORD ...I RECEIVE IT WITH GLADNESS.

as a little child...and reap the benefits

___

Jesus said

Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

___

David said...

Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psa_116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
An unbiased person might ask; Why would a Catholic priest counsel a girl in the confessional to get an abortion, which would incur an automatic excommunication for both of them? Why would a Catholic priest deny someone a sacrament for a bogus reason? Why would someone change a story i.e., behind a curtain vs. in a side room?
People who hate the Church will believe Kay and you.
Anthony says.......An unbiased person might ask; Why would a Catholic priest counsel a girl in the confessional to get an abortion, which would incur an automatic excommunication for both of them? Why would a Catholic priest deny someone a sacrament for a bogus reason?

Michael says........you know yourself the last few years a lot of bad stuff has been flying under the radar within your church caused by the very teachers of the faith.

You need to pop your head up through that hard packed sand in minnesota once in awhile and see what is really going on.

Don't you remember the story on 20/20 or Dateline about 3 years ago a catholic priest had an affair with a married woman in his church and she got pregnant and he paid for her abortion? I believe it was in Pennsylvania or Ohio?

Why would ANY priest do this?

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Cou...

When I look at my pristine lifestyle, God must be so impressed with me that he doesn't even have to keep watch over me.(lol)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it so weird that you'll use any situation and any scenario to post about child sexual abuse.
Even if it has nothing to do with it, you'll find away to bring up this topic.
Sick and pathetic.
This is your life Mike.
My job is to get the truth out. The truth might hurt, but it has to be told and re-inforced.

I try to be nice to you and this is way you treat me?

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend
If God's angels do not speak contrary, certainly the devil and his minions counterfeit the Word of God, in order to deceive. And some will be deceived, usually through pride, or a spiritual gluttony in this case of tongues....
Hey

Yes Robert even many will be deceived, but to guard against that one must be born-again, that was my only point.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Robert;

Matt 24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is to bad they traded the incorruptable God: for that which is corrupted.
Like your last post, that's a spiteful remark with no basis in truth.

Also, don't forget, the Jews reject Christ.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.......An unbiased person might ask; Why would a Catholic priest counsel a girl in the confessional to get an abortion, which would incur an automatic excommunication for both of them? Why would a Catholic priest deny someone a sacrament for a bogus reason?
Michael says........you know yourself the last few years a lot of bad stuff has been flying under the radar within your church caused by the very teachers of the faith.
You need to pop your head up through that hard packed sand in minnesota once in awhile and see what is really going on.
Don't you remember the story on 20/20 or Dateline about 3 years ago a catholic priest had an affair with a married woman in his church and she got pregnant and he paid for her abortion? I believe it was in Pennsylvania or Ohio?
Why would ANY priest do this?
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Cou...
When I look at my pristine lifestyle, God must be so impressed with me that he doesn't even have to keep watch over me.(lol)
I don't recall ever saying there weren't some sleazy priests out there. When Kay and her husband produce the newspaper articles supporting their story I might take another look. Until then, you three can huddle together and shake your fingers at them all. Have fun.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

We are all aware of the report by the PEW RESEARCH CENTRE that states today 19.6% of americans have no religious affiliation, and rising quickly. 1 in every 3 americans under age 30 have no religious affiliation today.

10% of americans are former catholics.

What will these numbers be in 10 years? 25 years and what is the root cause of these failures and plummeting numbers of church attendees?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 388,681 - 388,700 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Married in 8,118
More 22 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••