Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
388,661 - 388,680 of 536,875 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..Regina good to see you are ok.:-) Yea she most certainly did impy very smugly. I dont recall the exact words, but wasn't she supposedly hiding behind a curtain originally where she thought she couldnt be seen? ROTFL Nothing implied there at all. Now she just stepped into an adjacent room. ;0
LOL, glad to see you're laughing 'cause I've been doing the same. You're right, it originally was a curtain, now it's an adjacent room. I'm surprised she didn't furtively glance around before guzzling and then let out a giggle or two as she stumbled back out. I can see it all now!
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Orville,
Today, we have the Word of God....we do not need the "speaking of tongues...."
Besides, the "speaking of tongues" was for the Jews....
In the Law it is written:
“With other tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
<<<<<I will speak to this people,>>>>>
but even then they will not listen to me,
says the Lord.”
Is God not the same God to all generations, to every tribe, tongue and nation.
Speaking in other tongues is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Are not these gift available to this generation.
God said in the last days I will pour out my spirit Act 2:17.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think at one time they would have been burned at the stake as witches.
HELLO LTM.......

LTM says..........Just think at one time they would have been burned at the stake as witches.

Michael says.......If this pope had his way he would be lighting the fires himself.

Any large organization worth its salt, that whenever a major issue arises, you don't wait 50 years!!! to address the problem if a problem exists. The hard working nuns never molested anyone, yet investigations of them. Bishops around the world lied, deceived the followers, and covered up the worst sins IMMAGINABLE in the name of the catholic church, and NOT ONE investigation of them.

.....The roman catholic church leaders are deep down women haters. In our modern day educated society we have long gotten rid of INEQUALITY. The catholic church is more interested in birth control and homosexuality demons yet they themselves have MORE than their fare share of gay clergy but they are not addressing that issue! WHY? I am sure father Rob, if he is honest, can attest to that.

Its very sad when I see catholics on this form trashing anyone that gets in their way. Their thinking is warped, and they have more than enough social/economic problems themselves instead of worrying about anyone else.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"] We do receive the Precious Blood of Christ. Unfortunately, there are Catholics who don't know or understand their faith. They're on auto-pilot and wind up giving out wrong information. I'm from the old school, pre-Vatican II. The nuns taught us very well. Going to Catholic school, especially back then, made a big difference. Our religious education was more thorough. Even so, we have a responsibility to mature in our faith all through our lives. That requires some effort on our part as we attempt to grow closer to God.
As for the wedding mass you attended, well, yes, you did imply something. You said that she "stepped in an adjacent room....(where she thought she could not be seen by those in the congregation) She turned the chalice up and drink ever last drop that was in it."
As I said, she wasn't trying to "not be seen by those in the congregation". She turned the chalice up and drank every last drop that was in it because she was supposed to. You make it sound like she snuck away to guzzle the wine and got caught, lol! Really, KayMarie, you know better than to do something like that. I've been to a few Protestant weddings in my time, and all I was concerned with was the beauty of the marriage and the happiness of the couple. If you didn't understand what you were seeing, you should have asked someone to explain it. So, now you know. If you have any other questions about the Catholic faith, please feel free to ask any one of us. We'd be happy to help!
"Really, KayMarie, you know better than to do something like that."
Sounds like you are scolding a child...
I didn't 'make it sound' like anything, Regina. Nor did I say that she went into an adjacent room. She simply stepped behind a curtain on the platform, else I would not have seen her. Can't you imagine how out of place it seemed IN A WEDDING? She SHOULD have gone into another room, then there would have been no question raised, and she would not have distracted from the beauty of the ceremony.
KayMarie
KayMarie, I meant to add that it was far from out of place at a wedding. It's part of the Mass. If she didn't empty the chalice, the priest would have. Protecting the Blood of Christ from desecration only *adds* to the beauty, not distracts from it.

Every word, every action in the Mass has a purpose. The liturgy is ancient. I remember reading that a Jewish woman who attended Mass was shocked that some of the prayers were almost identical to those she was used to.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, nothing shocking here.
Do you think its a bombshell that Christians had different opinions in the first century? Lol
An Earthly authority determined the correct understandings. This authority was the Catholic Church with the Bishops ordained by the Apostles.
Anything else?
"AND EARTHLY AUTHORITY DETERMINED THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING."
I can't believe you posted that clay. There is no earthly authority over the word of God, and only the Holy Spirit can give a person the correct understanding of His Holy Word.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Comments (Page 19,445)
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be nice to everyone, and this is the thanks I get from you?
lol, you have shown yourself to be one of the most obnoxious posters, even
HOJO who likes everyone ,cant stand you.
and I have always tried to stay neutral as far as you are concerned but I
can switch if you prefer, makes no difference to me
7tH dAY WRITES:
UH OH MICHAEL HE IS OFFERING CHANGE LIKE OBAMA NOW.......LOL
Correction: They "both" offer "hopelessness and change"!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The poor Dali Lama.

A poor man who travels the world doing nothing but good for all of humanity. Minds his own business, a peace maker, and lover of all that nature has to offer. He doesn't seperate people into relgious boxes, that take away ones own conscience, he loves all, a one man band of the love of life. He owns little personal property. Not like the big box store religions that have assets in the MANY BILLIONS. He doesn't even own a pair of pants, or a button shirt, but he marches on.

A man who would never step on a spider or swat a fly, who loves everything that God has provided, yet when he dies, according the roman catholic church this poor little man of great deeds for all, will be sent to a fire ball place called hell. Why? Because this Dali Lama helper of all doesn't say he accepts or believes in an invisible man named Jesus.

The church says, God he loves everyone, but this Dali Lama will burn and be tortured, and feel pain and agony and more pain and suffering, but this God still says I love you.

Does that seem like the work of an all loving God towards a man who has done more good than ANYONE who belongs to any religious belief.

The poor Dali Lama, who will feel the heat just like the hard working nuns, who also just don't measure up.

GIVE ME A FRICKNN BREAK!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAYPOOL says....
I find it so weird that you'll use any situation and any scenario to post about child sexual abuse.
MICHAEL says.......
This is the biggest story in your church in 500 years. It has been worldwide. A perverted sub culture of men within your church who have abused, lied, deceived and covered up the worst sins of all, and you just keep pushing it off to the side, hoping it all just goes away.
Very sad....
The truth is, the Church is not pushing this aside and neither am I.
You can't fool us Michael, you yearn to keep this topic (child sexual abuse) front page, every single day, to advance your own agenda against the Church. You strive to sensationalize this as if you were the media. You comb the internet looking for any story about child sexual abuse to post in a frantic effort to spread trash about the Catholic Church. When we Catholics say 'enough already Michael', you accuse us of denying or protecting the guilty.

For that Mike, you are just as sick as the molesters . No one should use this topic to satisfy their personal vendetta.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure these stories are true. Why would a church pastor and his loving wife make up lies?
Sometimes the truth hurts. How many accurate stories have I posted about catholic clergy running amuck, that catholics don't want to believe are true? THOUSANDS!
UNBELIEVABLE!
An unbiased person might ask; Why would a Catholic priest counsel a girl in the confessional to get an abortion, which would incur an automatic excommunication for both of them? Why would a Catholic priest deny someone a sacrament for a bogus reason? Why would someone change a story i.e., behind a curtain vs. in a side room?

People who hate the Church will believe Kay and you.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie, I meant to add that it was far from out of place at a wedding. It's part of the Mass. If she didn't empty the chalice, the priest would have. Protecting the Blood of Christ from desecration only *adds* to the beauty, not distracts from it.
Every word, every action in the Mass has a purpose. The liturgy is ancient. I remember reading that a Jewish woman who attended Mass was shocked that some of the prayers were almost identical to those she was used to.
Almost is not good enough Regina.
Your mass does not resembles, the Jewish communal prayers , a Jew won't Step inside your church let alone pray in it because of all the idols.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Bible verse of the Day

10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isaiah 55:10-11 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Tuesday, November 20, 2012
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"O Lord, Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul."—Lamentations 3:58.
BSERVE how positively the prophet speaks. He doth not say, "I hope, I trust, I sometimes think, that God hath pleaded the causes of my soul"; but he speaks of it as a matter of fact not to be disputed. "Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul." Let us, by the aid of the gracious Comforter, shake off those doubts and fears which so much mar our peace and comfort. Be this our prayer, that we may have done with the harsh croaking voice of surmise and suspicion, and may be able to speak with the clear, melodious voice of full assurance. Notice how gratefully the prophet speaks, ascribing all the glory to God alone! You perceive there is not a word concerning himself or his own pleadings. He doth not ascribe his deliverance in any measure to any man, much less to his own merit; but it is "thou"—"O Lord, Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; Thou hast redeemed my life." A grateful spirit should ever be cultivated by the Christian; and especially after deliverances we should prepare a song for our God. Earth should be a temple filled with the songs of grateful saints, and every day should be a censor smoking with the sweet incense of thanksgiving. How joyful Jeremiah seems to be while he records the Lord's mercy. How triumphantly he lifts up the strain! He has been in the low dungeon, and is even now no other than the weeping prophet; and yet in the very book which is called "Lamentations," clear as the song of Miriam when she dashed her fingers against the tabor, shrill as the note of Deborah when she met Barak with shouts of victory, we hear the voice of Jeremy going up to heaven—"Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life." O children of God, seek after a vital experience of the Lord's lovingkindness, and when you have it, speak positively of it; sing gratefully; shout triumphantly.

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
Wherever the providence of God may dump us down, in a slum, in a shop, in the desert, we have to labour along the line of His direction. Never allow this thought—“I am of no use where I am,” because you certainly can be of no use where you are not! Wherever He has engineered your circumstances, pray. So Send I You
Karen

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

It would be great if someone would explain when Jesus become catholic. He was a Jew and follow the teaching of the Jewish people at that time in history. As a Jew who follow and love the Jewish religion and the one God of the uinverse I found this reasoning to be very strange. Finally, at the time of Jesus the catholic church did not exist. You follow many gods or the one god of the Jews.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

THE STORY YOU ARE ABOUT
TO READ IS A TRUE LIFE
STORY.

* Read it Carefully *

There was a man whose
wife was pregnant, One
day they were eating,
along the line the woman
fell down and died, the
woman was rushed
immediately to the
hospital to know if the
baby in her womb was still
alive, when they arrived
the hospital, they rushed
her into the operation
room, the doctor quickly
operated on her, and the
baby was brought out
alive,
The husband of the woman
started praying to God,
with tears rolling out from
his eyes, telling God to
make her wife to be alive,
since the baby came out
alive, immediately the
doctor finish operating on
the woman, Behold the
woman was found
breathing, everybody in
the hospital both the
husband were shocked and
they begin to thank GOD
for such a Miracle.
Now I decree by the name
that is above all other
names, let there be peace
to every storms you are
facing, anything that seems
impossible in your life,
shall be possible beginning
from today,
kings shall come to your
rising, no more delay again
in your life, beginning from
today you shall experience
supernatural speed in
whatever you tend to
achieve in life.
So shall it be in Jesus
name!
Karen

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

As a Jew who love the god of Isreal I would like to know when Jesus become a catholic. The church says Jesus was jew which means that he follows the Torah and its ways and worship as a Jew not as a catholic. Worship as a catholic if you want to. At the time of Jesus you worship many gods or one god of the universe. Some Jews did prays to another god but they still worship the god of the Jews and follow the Torah.
Karen

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

As Jew who worship the god of Israel and love the Jewish bible I would like to know when Jesus become a catholic starting the catholic church. Jesus follow the torah and worship in the temple.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Karen wrote:
It would be great if someone would explain when Jesus become catholic. He was a Jew and follow the teaching of the Jewish people at that time in history. As a Jew who follow and love the Jewish religion and the one God of the uinverse I found this reasoning to be very strange. Finally, at the time of Jesus the catholic church did not exist. You follow many gods or the one god of the Jews.
We know Jesus started a Church. We know His Apostles ordained their successors to carry on this Church. They called their Church 'Catholic' from very early on.
Jesus didn't completely follow the teachings of the Jews at that time, that's why they killed Him.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
KayMarie, several of us have already explained to you that she was doing exactly what she was supposed to be doing. Not a drop of the Precious Blood of Christ is to be left in the chalice. It's usually consumed by the priest and then wiped clean, but some dioceses permit the Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist to do this. There is usually only a tiny amount left which is why the chalice has to be tipped all the way back. When I say not one drop is to be left, I mean not one single drop or even trace amount. It is, after all, the Blood of Christ and we leave no chance for it to be profaned or desecrated.
So she wasn't sneaking a quick drink, which is what you seem to be implying. Why you continue to imply it is beyond me. I don't even understand why you brought it up the first time.
Regina...I was not 'implying' anything. I told what I saw. I understand that Catholics do not receive 'the blood'...just the priest.
Why is that?
KayMarie
confrinting good friend

You have been misinformed. Usually, at Mass, "the blood of Christ" is offered. It is optional, whether one may partake of it. Depending on the number coming forward there are Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist if there are large numbers, and they too dispense with both the Body, and the Blood of Christ to the members.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.
You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"
Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.
Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
You can't deny this history.
The Gospel at that time was for the Jews. Christ had come for the lost sheep of Israel. About 3.5 years later after the stoning of Stephen them the Gospel went out to the the Gentiles which Christ refers to as his other Sheep/Fold. ;P
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"AND EARTHLY AUTHORITY DETERMINED THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING."
I can't believe you posted that clay. There is no earthly authority over the word of God, and only the Holy Spirit can give a person the correct understanding of His Holy Word.
Then what Earthy authority determine what was the 'word of God'
It boggles my mind you folks think the Bible fell out of the sky or something...it did not come with a label LTM. People had to determine what it was.

When your saying the Holy Spirit was responsible for compiling it and interpreting it, I'll assume then, not believe the bread and wine to be the actual being of Jesus Christ? Because that's what the Holy Spirit told the first Christians.
Did the Holy Spirit change his mind and reveal something new to you guys?
I'm rambling a bit off track.
Just remember. First there was a Church. Then there came a Christian Bible.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Karen wrote:
As Jew who worship the god of Israel and love the Jewish bible I would like to know when Jesus become a catholic starting the catholic church. Jesus follow the torah and worship in the temple.
Karen new friend

As a Jew, you must know that God made various covenants with people in what the Christians call the Old Testament..., the Hebrew Bible....It was a progressive larger and larger calling. First with Adam and Eve, between man and woman, then Noah, and his 4 families, with Abraham, Moses,and David... each getting larger and larger. Christianity is an extension of God's covenants to the whole world. The word catholic literally means "all, or universal".

Chrisitians are called to be grafted onto the Jews by a covenant with the One God. It is recognized in the latter part of the prophet Isaiah, which is not read in Temple, but is known as Isaiah Chapter 53 to Christians. Why is it not read in the Temple?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••