Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,471
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#403598 Nov 20, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie, I meant to add that it was far from out of place at a wedding. It's part of the Mass. If she didn't empty the chalice, the priest would have. Protecting the Blood of Christ from desecration only *adds* to the beauty, not distracts from it.
Every word, every action in the Mass has a purpose. The liturgy is ancient. I remember reading that a Jewish woman who attended Mass was shocked that some of the prayers were almost identical to those she was used to.
Almost is not good enough Regina.
Your mass does not resembles, the Jewish communal prayers , a Jew won't Step inside your church let alone pray in it because of all the idols.
LTM

#403599 Nov 20, 2012
Bible verse of the Day

10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isaiah 55:10-11 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Tuesday, November 20, 2012
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"O Lord, Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul."—Lamentations 3:58.
BSERVE how positively the prophet speaks. He doth not say, "I hope, I trust, I sometimes think, that God hath pleaded the causes of my soul"; but he speaks of it as a matter of fact not to be disputed. "Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul." Let us, by the aid of the gracious Comforter, shake off those doubts and fears which so much mar our peace and comfort. Be this our prayer, that we may have done with the harsh croaking voice of surmise and suspicion, and may be able to speak with the clear, melodious voice of full assurance. Notice how gratefully the prophet speaks, ascribing all the glory to God alone! You perceive there is not a word concerning himself or his own pleadings. He doth not ascribe his deliverance in any measure to any man, much less to his own merit; but it is "thou"—"O Lord, Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; Thou hast redeemed my life." A grateful spirit should ever be cultivated by the Christian; and especially after deliverances we should prepare a song for our God. Earth should be a temple filled with the songs of grateful saints, and every day should be a censor smoking with the sweet incense of thanksgiving. How joyful Jeremiah seems to be while he records the Lord's mercy. How triumphantly he lifts up the strain! He has been in the low dungeon, and is even now no other than the weeping prophet; and yet in the very book which is called "Lamentations," clear as the song of Miriam when she dashed her fingers against the tabor, shrill as the note of Deborah when she met Barak with shouts of victory, we hear the voice of Jeremy going up to heaven—"Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life." O children of God, seek after a vital experience of the Lord's lovingkindness, and when you have it, speak positively of it; sing gratefully; shout triumphantly.

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
Wherever the providence of God may dump us down, in a slum, in a shop, in the desert, we have to labour along the line of His direction. Never allow this thought—“I am of no use where I am,” because you certainly can be of no use where you are not! Wherever He has engineered your circumstances, pray. So Send I You
Karen

Santa Monica, CA

#403600 Nov 20, 2012
It would be great if someone would explain when Jesus become catholic. He was a Jew and follow the teaching of the Jewish people at that time in history. As a Jew who follow and love the Jewish religion and the one God of the uinverse I found this reasoning to be very strange. Finally, at the time of Jesus the catholic church did not exist. You follow many gods or the one god of the Jews.
LTM

#403601 Nov 20, 2012
THE STORY YOU ARE ABOUT
TO READ IS A TRUE LIFE
STORY.

* Read it Carefully *

There was a man whose
wife was pregnant, One
day they were eating,
along the line the woman
fell down and died, the
woman was rushed
immediately to the
hospital to know if the
baby in her womb was still
alive, when they arrived
the hospital, they rushed
her into the operation
room, the doctor quickly
operated on her, and the
baby was brought out
alive,
The husband of the woman
started praying to God,
with tears rolling out from
his eyes, telling God to
make her wife to be alive,
since the baby came out
alive, immediately the
doctor finish operating on
the woman, Behold the
woman was found
breathing, everybody in
the hospital both the
husband were shocked and
they begin to thank GOD
for such a Miracle.
Now I decree by the name
that is above all other
names, let there be peace
to every storms you are
facing, anything that seems
impossible in your life,
shall be possible beginning
from today,
kings shall come to your
rising, no more delay again
in your life, beginning from
today you shall experience
supernatural speed in
whatever you tend to
achieve in life.
So shall it be in Jesus
name!
Karen

Santa Monica, CA

#403602 Nov 20, 2012
As a Jew who love the god of Isreal I would like to know when Jesus become a catholic. The church says Jesus was jew which means that he follows the Torah and its ways and worship as a Jew not as a catholic. Worship as a catholic if you want to. At the time of Jesus you worship many gods or one god of the universe. Some Jews did prays to another god but they still worship the god of the Jews and follow the Torah.
Karen

Santa Monica, CA

#403603 Nov 20, 2012
As Jew who worship the god of Israel and love the Jewish bible I would like to know when Jesus become a catholic starting the catholic church. Jesus follow the torah and worship in the temple.
Clay

United States

#403604 Nov 20, 2012
Karen wrote:
It would be great if someone would explain when Jesus become catholic. He was a Jew and follow the teaching of the Jewish people at that time in history. As a Jew who follow and love the Jewish religion and the one God of the uinverse I found this reasoning to be very strange. Finally, at the time of Jesus the catholic church did not exist. You follow many gods or the one god of the Jews.
We know Jesus started a Church. We know His Apostles ordained their successors to carry on this Church. They called their Church 'Catholic' from very early on.
Jesus didn't completely follow the teachings of the Jews at that time, that's why they killed Him.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#403605 Nov 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
KayMarie, several of us have already explained to you that she was doing exactly what she was supposed to be doing. Not a drop of the Precious Blood of Christ is to be left in the chalice. It's usually consumed by the priest and then wiped clean, but some dioceses permit the Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist to do this. There is usually only a tiny amount left which is why the chalice has to be tipped all the way back. When I say not one drop is to be left, I mean not one single drop or even trace amount. It is, after all, the Blood of Christ and we leave no chance for it to be profaned or desecrated.
So she wasn't sneaking a quick drink, which is what you seem to be implying. Why you continue to imply it is beyond me. I don't even understand why you brought it up the first time.
Regina...I was not 'implying' anything. I told what I saw. I understand that Catholics do not receive 'the blood'...just the priest.
Why is that?
KayMarie
confrinting good friend

You have been misinformed. Usually, at Mass, "the blood of Christ" is offered. It is optional, whether one may partake of it. Depending on the number coming forward there are Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist if there are large numbers, and they too dispense with both the Body, and the Blood of Christ to the members.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403606 Nov 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.
You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"
Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.
Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
You can't deny this history.
The Gospel at that time was for the Jews. Christ had come for the lost sheep of Israel. About 3.5 years later after the stoning of Stephen them the Gospel went out to the the Gentiles which Christ refers to as his other Sheep/Fold. ;P
Clay

United States

#403607 Nov 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"AND EARTHLY AUTHORITY DETERMINED THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING."
I can't believe you posted that clay. There is no earthly authority over the word of God, and only the Holy Spirit can give a person the correct understanding of His Holy Word.
Then what Earthy authority determine what was the 'word of God'
It boggles my mind you folks think the Bible fell out of the sky or something...it did not come with a label LTM. People had to determine what it was.

When your saying the Holy Spirit was responsible for compiling it and interpreting it, I'll assume then, not believe the bread and wine to be the actual being of Jesus Christ? Because that's what the Holy Spirit told the first Christians.
Did the Holy Spirit change his mind and reveal something new to you guys?
I'm rambling a bit off track.
Just remember. First there was a Church. Then there came a Christian Bible.

Location hidden

#403608 Nov 20, 2012
Karen wrote:
As Jew who worship the god of Israel and love the Jewish bible I would like to know when Jesus become a catholic starting the catholic church. Jesus follow the torah and worship in the temple.
Karen new friend

As a Jew, you must know that God made various covenants with people in what the Christians call the Old Testament..., the Hebrew Bible....It was a progressive larger and larger calling. First with Adam and Eve, between man and woman, then Noah, and his 4 families, with Abraham, Moses,and David... each getting larger and larger. Christianity is an extension of God's covenants to the whole world. The word catholic literally means "all, or universal".

Chrisitians are called to be grafted onto the Jews by a covenant with the One God. It is recognized in the latter part of the prophet Isaiah, which is not read in Temple, but is known as Isaiah Chapter 53 to Christians. Why is it not read in the Temple?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#403609 Nov 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost is not good enough Regina.
Your mass does not resembles, the Jewish communal prayers , a Jew won't Step inside your church let alone pray in it because of all the idols.
Try telling that to my orthodox Jewish friends who came to my parents' funeral masses.

We have many Jewish converts to the faith.

Location hidden

#403611 Nov 20, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, they will say you been told before, they put drops of the blood on the bread(flesh).
Kay Marie real quickly going back to speaking in tongues, can we say whatever is 'said' does not add or take-away from the Written Word and or of course agrees with Scripture 100%?
marge good friend

Here we have a bit of a dilemma. Speaking in tongues is permitted. But discearning tongues as being true or false we generally accept is based on whether it agrees with scripture....If it deviates then it is some form of heresy which can spread. Heresy is most often, not in direct opposition with scripture, but is some slight addition, or subtraction from scripture.

In the case of screaming and yelling in a sort of chaos at a worship service, there is nothing which supports this sort of behavior in scripture. So it would seem an "addition" to scripture.

Location hidden

#403612 Nov 20, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And an angel of God would not speak contrary the the Word of God, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to deceive one born of Jesus, we go back to again, one must be born-again to know and see the kingdom of God.
marge good friend

If God's angels do not speak contrary, certainly the devil and his minions counterfeit the Word of God, in order to deceive. And some will be deceived, usually through pride, or a spiritual gluttony in this case of tongues....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403613 Nov 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, the Church is not pushing this aside and neither am I.
You can't fool us Michael, you yearn to keep this topic (child sexual abuse) front page, every single day, to advance your own agenda against the Church. You strive to sensationalize this as if you were the media. You comb the internet looking for any story about child sexual abuse to post in a frantic effort to spread trash about the Catholic Church. When we Catholics say 'enough already Michael', you accuse us of denying or protecting the guilty.
For that Mike, you are just as sick as the molesters . No one should use this topic to satisfy their personal vendetta.
If you're church leaders kept their zippers up and told no coverup lies there would be no stories about bad deeds by some of your church leaders now would there?.

Put the blame where it belongs. I am exposing evil wrong doings by teachers of your faith. You don't like that? I thought you're church was all about TRANSPARENCY!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403614 Nov 20, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try telling that to my orthodox Jewish friends who came to my parents' funeral masses.
Don't forget! It goes both ways. Catholics too becoming Jewish.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
iraqvet03

Waxhaw, NC

#403615 Nov 20, 2012
Karen,

The term catholic means universal. It is Greek in origin. In this way it means that the Church is everyone and for everyone. The Church is the bride and Jesus is the bridegroom. You either believe that He is our Savior Who was killed by His people and rose again or you do not. The statement from the Pope does not make salvation exclusive to the Catholic Church. The Church recognizes that elements of catholicity exist in other denominations. He simply restated a position the Church has always held.

R/s
Marc
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403616 Nov 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Jesus started a Church. We know His Apostles ordained their successors to carry on this Church. They called their Church 'Catholic' from very early on.
Jesus didn't completely follow the teachings of the Jews at that time, that's why they killed Him.
Clay says..........Jesus didn't completely follow the teachings of the Jews at that time, that's why they killed Him.

Michael says .....how do you know with certainty that this Jesus did not follow his teachings completely? A peace loving man who helped the homeless, for some reason doesn't practice his faith quite the way he is suppose to, so faith leaders are going to KILL HIM for that reason!

makes no common sense.

You're scriptures often mention Jesus in the temple praying. The scriptures claim Jesus at his crucifixion wore tassels on his clothing that signified his beloved jewish tribe.

Sounds like a full fledged Jew to me.

Makes no sense practicing your jewish belief your entire life then in order to get yourself back to heaven you have to get yourself killed, so you have to piss off your faith leaders so bad they want you dead, and if they don't kill you how are you ever going to return to heaven?

unbelievable!........makes no common sense.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403617 Nov 20, 2012
iraqvet03 wrote:
Karen,
The term catholic means universal. It is Greek in origin. In this way it means that the Church is everyone and for everyone. The Church is the bride and Jesus is the bridegroom. You either believe that He is our Savior Who was killed by His people and rose again or you do not. The statement from the Pope does not make salvation exclusive to the Catholic Church. The Church recognizes that elements of catholicity exist in other denominations. He simply restated a position the Church has always held.
R/s
Marc
Iraqvet03 says........u either believe that He is our Savior Who was killed by His people and rose again or you do not.

The scriptures ONLY! say that your man Jesus did wonderful things for many people. A man claimed to have superhuman capabilities in bringing dead people back to life, making blind men see again, feeding exactly 5,000 people with bits and pieces of bread and fish. A man that had such a huge following he would put the Beatles from 1965 to shame.

Yet for some reason a very very short time later the people are screaming for his death. What happened during the very very short period of time to go from HERO TO ZERO?

If there was a crucifixion where were his supporters. If this man had brought me back from the dead I would be there supporting him. If he fed me when I was hungry I would be supporting him. No one showed up? Why?

Scriptures ONLY claim the angry crowd had a 50-50 choice to pick Jesus or Barabas. What would have happened if the crowd using their free will screamed Barabas instead? How would christianity have ever started.

Everything in this story from birth to death is staged......and you believe more than likely, only! because you were born into a religious belief that teaches this story.
LTM

#403618 Nov 20, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is to bad they traded the incorruptable God: for that which is corrupted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,512
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 7 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE