Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627747 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#403785 Nov 21, 2012
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
No religion is needed.
We can show love, be in love, voice our love, and love getting love.
All to do with what we do and how we act toward others.
No religion is required.
Why do you think a religion is required to achieve this level of humanity?
Can't do it on your own? Do yo need help? Are you unsure?
Maybe you should speak with the the many others on this forum - as it appears they can't seem to do these simple actions either.
The power of Self - acknowledge it.

**********

You haven't proved that YOU can "show love, be in love, voice your love", or even love getting love.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403786 Nov 21, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
No religion is needed.
We can show love, be in love, voice our love, and love getting love.
All to do with what we do and how we act toward others.
No religion is required.
Why do you think a religion is required to achieve this level of humanity?
Can't do it on your own? Do yo need help? Are you unsure?
Maybe you should speak with the the many others on this forum - as it appears they can't seem to do these simple actions either.
The power of Self - acknowledge it.
**********
You haven't proved that YOU can "show love, be in love, voice your love", or even love getting love.
KayMarie
I don't need to. I believe like you believe only "God" needs to be "proved" - as "He" is the supposed being that will judge me.

You have no say in it, even though you think your voice will affect it.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403787 Nov 21, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
No religion is needed.
We can show love, be in love, voice our love, and love getting love.
All to do with what we do and how we act toward others.
No religion is required.
Why do you think a religion is required to achieve this level of humanity?
Can't do it on your own? Do yo need help? Are you unsure?
Maybe you should speak with the the many others on this forum - as it appears they can't seem to do these simple actions either.
The power of Self - acknowledge it.
**********
You haven't proved that YOU can "show love, be in love, voice your love", or even love getting love.
KayMarie
BTW - you seemed to not answer these questions either.

Care to give them a whirl?

Why do you think a religion is required to achieve this level of humanity?
Can't do it on your own? Do yo need help? Are you unsure?
preston

Waverly, OH

#403788 Nov 21, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Pay no attention to my wife and myself...Our rantings are just an occupational hazard.
He only proves that God doesn't agree with what my wife and I are posting,
To him it is a plus, a good sign that we are wrong ...with our post..LOL
__
.
thank you mr fraud, for one of the few times, your post is accurate and believable
Clay

United States

#403789 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.......Heck, I feel like I know Him better than I know members of my own family.
Religion will teach you CLAY to fear standing up for yourself. When you practice faith instead of conscious living, you live under a cloak of fear. You fear offending God. You fear missing mass on sunday. You fear your own fear! You lose control of your own creative freedom.
I stand up for myself, and not afraid to claim I am an independant thinker. But you have allowed religion to erode your own self-trust by explaining why you're unable to successfully manage life on YOUR OWN terms.
Live in fear the rest of your life and just hope it will turn out OK in the end.
You are a perfect match for religion, if you're afraid or unwilling to assume total responsibility for your own life.
Now that you explained to me why I believe what I do, I think I understand! Lol.

Guess what mike, I march to the beat of my own drum. I don't have to be a Christian. I WANT to be a Christian. I don't have te be Catholic nor follow Catholic teachings. I WANT to be a Catholic and go to Mass.
I'm sorry you grew up thinking you were forced into it. Eventually, you made your own decision anyway. Right? Now you feel you must trash this Church every chance you get to satisfy your own personal vendetta. That's the impression I get from you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#403790 Nov 21, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe if you stay out of the Jewish texts and stay within what Jesus says.
And you aren't even Jewish.
Tsk - tsk.
~~~

How do you know I am not a Jew...You don't know me personally..

One thing for sure I don't suffer from ego mania.

If man himself could have saved man kind then Jesus died in vain.

With out Christ a man is like one stuck in quicksand and attempting to pull himself out by his boot straps.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403791 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how you and other Atheist spend a great deal of time picking apart the thought of a God.
But when you guys offer an alternative theory on how we got here, you sound more absurd then any religion.
Tell us Michael, did a comet collide with Earth and lightning sparked a lifeform? Eventually evolving to present day Michaels?
Did Aliens from another galaxy plant DNA on this Earth to kick start life?
Lol the last one is my favorite, because its not too far from what Christians believe. Only the 'Alien' would be God.
Face it, its not the thought of a God that bugs you. Its the thought of this God controlling your fate; demanding for you to abide by a set of rules. Reminding you of right and wrong. Asking to be loved and worshipped. That is why you and Atheist have a problem with God. You wanna dictate your own life and do whatever you want without being held accountable when you die.
I have never been in jail. Never done illegal drugs, never abused alcohol, never divorced, obey the laws of our land, treat everyone with respect.........How many catholics/christians can claim all these things? NOT MANY!

BUSTED!

Explain to me how you got here?

Explain HOW god created the universe?

Explain where God was and what was his purpose before the universe was created?

Explain how god created the heavens and earth?

You can say he created everything but when it comes to how it was created the most important aspect you say what?

You follow a book as your reference source. A book written by men you know nothing about in a personal way.

Everything you say about God is what ONLY OTHER men have stated. If the men today operating the catholic church have been criticized for their indescretions/scandals/lies/de ceit etc. how the hell can you verify what was written in the distant past by people with the exact same agenda?

Believe what you want. If there is a loving God he created us to be independant thinkers, otherwise why wouldn't he have just done away with followers of all other beliefs and made the world catholic.

preston

Waverly, OH

#403792 Nov 21, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Where is the evidence?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bK-Dqj4fHmMXX&feature=fvw p&NR=1
guess that her post about Jesus speaking in tongues went over your haad, just like you saying that Jesus never paid any taxes
Clay

United States

#403793 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a good idea for you (being a supposed person called by God) to research an learn about the Crusades and Inquisition. Right now you risk baring false witness. And worse, teaching the children in you Pentecostal compound lies.
Your elders lied to you guys about these events, as well as Constantines role because they feared you all knowing the truth. Now you, carry this lie on.
And Confront, if I found out the Catholic Church has lied to me at anytime in history about the faith, i would leave it today. I promise I would stop attending Church at this moment.
The truth is, you and every other non Catholic ( although you undoubtedly experience Gods love and mercy too) need to accept lies in order for your faith to function.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403794 Nov 21, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
How do you know I am not a Jew...You don't know me personally..
One thing for sure I don't suffer from ego mania.
If man himself could have saved man kind then Jesus died in vain.
With out Christ a man is like one stuck in quicksand and attempting to pull himself out by his boot straps.
Because you've stated you were a pastor in a Christian Church.

Have you been lying?

"If man himself could have saved man kind then Jesus died in vain."
- if man could understand that Jesus died to show that we live on through a spiritual form, instead of thinking his death was for some other purpose [the forgiveness of sins], then you would be believing and understanding what Jesus actually taught.

"With out Christ a man is like one stuck in quicksand and attempting to pull himself out by his boot straps."
- untrue and very speculative for someone who doesn't know how to take responsibility for themself.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403795 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a former Catholic, yet you believe the Church 'exists' because we all read stories with characters in it. Thus we believe..
Then after you're done with your rant, you shout "busted".
Lol. Interesting that people tell us Catholics what we believe; why we believe; and who we believe.
Then they yell 'busted', as if they unlocked a secret of our faith....based on what they think we believe..
Believe what you want. You and other religious people are always telling non religious people that you have all the answers,you have the only key to the kingdom of heaven, we are wrong because you're book says so. but whenever anyone questions you about you're belief, you get your back up and very defensive. Why?

read slowly......if everyone agreed with your theology, this forum would have ended almost 5 years ago. The debate continues, and arguments are made from different sides. Don't you like discussions. Don't you like a challenge?

Interesting, there are almost as many former catholics on this forum than church attending catholics. Kind of mirrors whats going on in the world outside the forum wouldn't ya say?.





preston

Waverly, OH

#403796 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
We might disagree on some theology but you are both good people.
No one should be subject to personal attacks as you have.
just to help you mike,

for several years, the first, second or third post that mr fraud would make after coming on line would be an ad hominem attack of me unti I no longer take it any more.

now if you dont appreciate that, that suits me to a tee, it hasnt taken very long for people to figure you out.

you are a disgruntled old man who has no friends so you spend your time on here going from one person to the other attacking them

just happens to be my turn this week.and let me clue you in, I am not like Hojo. you push me, old man and I will push back much harder than you ever knew from someone.

AS THE BIG FRAUD AND HIS WIFE HAVE FOUND OUT,LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#403797 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a good idea for you (being a supposed person called by God) to research an learn about the Crusades and Inquisition. Right now you risk baring false witness. And worse, teaching the children in you Pentecostal compound lies.
Your elders lied to you guys about these events, as well as Constantines role because they feared you all knowing the truth. Now you, carry this lie on.
~~~

YOU DENY THE HOLOCAUST OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC YOUR PAGAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY AGAINS TRUE CHRISTIANS...RIGHT ?

Do you also deny the Jewish Holocaust OF World War two..

Constantine is not consistent with the Bible Truths...

and neither are you consistent with WORLD HISTORY...

You evidently live in a state of denial...of GOD'S WORD AND WORLD

HISTORY...
Clay

United States

#403798 Nov 21, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - you seemed to not answer these questions either.
Care to give them a whirl?
Why do you think a religion is required to achieve this level of humanity?
Can't do it on your own? Do yo need help? Are you unsure?
You can't do it on your own.
Is that really what you're trying to convince everybody? Dude, you already relied on others to bring you the gospel.
I suppose you could write your own bible and create your own religion. But if that is not Gods will for the New Ager... You're in a world of hurt shall you steer others down a false path.
Be careful..be very very careful. You best hope you are correct.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403799 Nov 21, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And Confront, if I found out the Catholic Church has lied to me at anytime in history about the faith, i would leave it today. I promise I would stop attending Church at this moment.
The truth is, you and every other non Catholic ( although you undoubtedly experience Gods love and mercy too) need to accept lies in order for your faith to function.
Clay says........

.........And Confront, if I found out the Catholic Church has lied to me at anytime in history about the faith,

OK! Do you believe this below from the bible?

1) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.(Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

2) And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain,`Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS

3) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.(John 14:13-14 NAB

FALLACY!

Christians say, Atheists have no morals. All one has to do is take a look at the American prison system. Nearly 77% of violent criminals are Christian and NO, most of these Christians did not convert after conviction, they were Christian at the time of the crime. The greatest genocides in human history stemmed from the Christian faith. If you examine secular societies in comparison to religious societies; secular societies will consistently have less crime, unemployment, corruption and more freedom, share of wealth and a higher standard of living. Nearly EVERY single advancement towards morality (I.E: ceasing native genocide, freeing the slaves and women’s suffrage) was OPPOSED by the church and Christian organizations.

Clay

United States

#403800 Nov 21, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want. You and other religious people are always telling non religious people that you have all the answers,you have the only key to the kingdom of heaven, we are wrong because you're book says so. but whenever anyone questions you about you're belief, you get your back up and very defensive. Why?
read slowly......if everyone agreed with your theology, this forum would have ended almost 5 years ago. The debate continues, and arguments are made from different sides. Don't you like discussions. Don't you like a challenge?
Interesting, there are almost as many former catholics on this forum than church attending catholics. Kind of mirrors whats going on in the world outside the forum wouldn't ya say?.
What's interesting is that all these supposed 'former Catholics' don't seem to know jack squat about the faith.
And they are ignorant as all hell. So, the Church is much much better off without them.
The quicker the casual Catholics leave the Church, the better off we'll be. They are nothing but a cancer anyway.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403801 Nov 21, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes an insane claim that the OT was written in some unknown "tounge" called Hebrew:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
++++++++++
sorry, that you cant read, mrs fraud was using some verses in the OT to support her doctrine of speaking in tongues and wHAt I said was that the OT was written in Hebrew with one exception and therefor hebrew was no unknown tongue.

R U REALLY THIS STOOPID THAT YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID?
preston

Waverly, OH

#403802 Nov 21, 2012
then tell us,{{{did you or did you not infer}}}} that the words of jesus along with those spoken in hebrew(you do know that almost all of the OT was written in Hebrew) in the OT were forms of unknown tongues?

what part of that question to mrs fraud are you having trouble understanding.

you are trying to tell a lie and you got caught.

false prophet fits you to atee

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#403803 Nov 21, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you've stated you were a pastor in a Christian Church.
Have you been lying?
"If man himself could have saved man kind then Jesus died in vain."
- if man could understand that Jesus died to show that we live on through a spiritual form, instead of thinking his death was for some other purpose [the forgiveness of sins], then you would be believing and understanding what Jesus actually taught.
"With out Christ a man is like one stuck in quicksand and attempting to pull himself out by his boot straps."
- untrue and very speculative for someone who doesn't know how to take responsibility for themself.
I GAVE MY LIFE OVER TO GOD ...IN CHRIST WHEN I WAS A VERY SMALL CHILD..

From that time until now he has been MY HEAVENLY FATHER...

Your pitiful attempt to dissuade me to move away from what I have

learned received and enjoyed at His hand over the years is hilarious.

Jesus said

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat_11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I have done what he ask....and God has kept His promises..

and done what He said he would do..

~~~
Your post mean nothing to me...you might as well stop exercising your fingers as far as I am concerned...

72 years walk with God has give me lot of wonderful experiences, and no devils from hell can steal them from me.

I have come to far to turn away from my Lord and Savior.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403804 Nov 21, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>just to help you mike,
for several years, the first, second or third post that mr fraud would make after coming on line would be an ad hominem attack of me unti I no longer take it any more.
now if you dont appreciate that, that suits me to a tee, it hasnt taken very long for people to figure you out.
you are a disgruntled old man who has no friends so you spend your time on here going from one person to the other attacking them
just happens to be my turn this week.and let me clue you in, I am not like Hojo. you push me, old man and I will push back much harder than you ever knew from someone.
AS THE BIG FRAUD AND HIS WIFE HAVE FOUND OUT,LOL
Preston says........

Let me clue you in. I am not like HOJO. you push me, old man and I will push back much harder than you ever knew from someone.

MICHAEL says:

OK! Preston, I will meet you in the alley. You better show up.









Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border visit will cap Pope Francis' trip to Mexico Tue huey goins 17
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Mon ownerd 2
News Pope to tour violent corners of Mexico Mon Raydot 2
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Feb 5 huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 5 Gee Tee 9,892
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Feb 4 huey goins 3
News 500 years after reformation, Pope Francis knock... Feb 4 Listen to the Word 1
More from around the web