Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,432)

Showing posts 388,621 - 388,640 of530,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, dear, here we go again.
KayMarie, I copied and pasted your quote directly from your post. Please see your post #403459. You said she stepped into an adjacent room.
But, really, does it make any difference? The implication is the same, that she was sneaking wine. Please, I love sharing my faith and am very happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability, but I'd much rather do so for people who sincerely want to understand.
LOL..Regina good to see you are ok.:-) Yea she most certainly did impy very smugly. I dont recall the exact words, but wasn't she supposedly hiding behind a curtain originally where she thought she couldnt be seen? ROTFL Nothing implied there at all. Now she just stepped into an adjacent room. ;0
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

leader=where?

in bigining is word

life=a ''nkh''
speak with me
aske meeee ''?''
sram te bolo=shame of you
Is that nice=noooooooo
then
you read ''svi se izopacise nema nikog da se moli=everyone sin nobody pray proper..
izopacise=word naopako updidedown
sram=mars
you leader speking with you
o Creator of Heaven and earth HEAVEN=NEVA E H
SRAM=MARS

''MARS''
25 3=BE BLESS
25 3 1963
123''4'' 56 ''7''''8'' 9
''4''=MARS

''i am way truth and light''

Who is on my place they know how much they are corupt?

I don't have choose just wrote here simple like that.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

liars and evil satanic people try say as well stay on Creator placeeeeeee
after all they don't liked themself..corupt world evil..
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Marsh you know where p..........
your beginning=where are you from..

MARS
MARSH YOU KNOW WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

http://www.google.com.au/search...

then ivan look land without water

koliko ste mi jada zadali meni mojoj dusi zar moram sve pretrpiti..
jao

glava me boli od vas

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

and John see land without water..
MARS

go go go go up up up up up

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have been indoctrinated to believe that they never question their church. To question any church teachings, to question any priest/bishop/cardinal/pope is questioning GOD.
We know just reading the posts from the catholics on here that they spend much of their lives in fear. They lash out at anyone who brings forth credable information about their church or its leaders that shows wrong doings.
Its very sad,
your right,it is a sad sight to see,if there was/is a true church you would not have to live in fear of it,or be afraid of physical abuse if you speak out against something the church does that you disagree with.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
These pro-protestant history distortions of yours are ALL BOGUS "personal opinionated" (spam) that are laced with anti-catholic heresy from Protestant sources---atheists deniers---and agnostics antagonists!..... These Church History myths and legends that you keep "digging up" are so "blown up and out of proportion", that it is just "another one of your attempts" to "undermine the TRUTH of TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH HISTORY!.....The fact is jethro8---I KNOW IT ----and every Catholic on this forum and anywhere around the world KNOWS IT!! Go find "some else" to (swallow) the distorted, twisted and perverted history mythology that bible only Protestants have become (experts) at "making up" and "exaggerating" ..Sola Scriptura "Church history fiction" is what keeps your "bible only boat" from sinking into oblivion and obscurity...... Condemning, judging and attacking the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL PROVEN and VERIFIABLE TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Catholic Church, is the "one and only" DESPERATE HOPE you have remaining in your "ammunition bag" using lies, deceit and exaggerated gossip!!...Keep fishing Jethro8!--You still continue to "catch nothing"!!
the history i post does not come from protestant web sites,as i said many times,i use history of the world.com ,encyclopedia britanica,religions of the world (this book covers all religions) mysteries of the bible,documentories made for T.V. on the books of the bible,and the books that were left out,which i heavily disagree with,all should be included,but men decided what was considered truly a holy book or not,how does one know which is which if you were not present at the time events took place,the new testament is all hearsay books. and again NO ONE can claim with absolute validity of being the true church unless you have a passage where jesus states a name of his church and it does not exist,he simply states "MY CHURCH" that is true historical fact. all churches are creations of ordinary men,who use gods word for profit and political power only.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, nice insite.
The bread is broken.
So its not a "nice insight".
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the history i post does not come from protestant web sites,as i said many times,i use history of the world.com ,encyclopedia britanica,religions of the world (this book covers all religions) mysteries of the bible,documentories made for T.V. on the books of the bible,and the books that were left out,which i heavily disagree with,all should be included,but men decided what was considered truly a holy book or not,how does one know which is which if you were not present at the time events took place,the new testament is all hearsay books. and again NO ONE can claim with absolute validity of being the true church unless you have a passage where jesus states a name of his church and it does not exist,he simply states "MY CHURCH" that is true historical fact. all churches are creations of ordinary men,who use gods word for profit and political power only.
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.

You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"

Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.

Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
You can't deny this history.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.
You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"
Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.
Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
Wrong again Clay.

The "Church" you speak of was a Jewish sect for about the first 70 years. They worshiped in temples and prayed as Jews. No one thought Jesus was God. That would have been a BIG no-no for the Jews.

(We know this from Jewish writings of the day.)

After the fall off the Temple (when Christian Jews waited for Jesus to return as he promised), it wasn't so cool to be Jewish in the Roman world. The first Gospel was written and the Jewish term "son of God" took on a completely new meaning.

Sorry your faith requires so many easily verifiable lies.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Reality 101 for the deniers....

"As shown by the numerous quotations in the New Testament books and other Christian writings of the 1st centuries, early Christians generally used and revered the Jewish Bible as Scripture... "

"Early Christians demonstrated a wide range of beliefs and practices, many of which were later rejected as heretical."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Christiani...
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

"There was great diversity within the Christian movement during the first few decades after Jesus' execution. Some of Jesus' followers (and those who never met Jesus but who were inspired by his teachings) settled in Jerusalem. But others spread across the known world, teaching very different messages. "Even in the same geographical area and sometimes in the same cities, different Christian teachers taught quite different gospels and had quite different views of who Jesus was and what he did."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_chov.ht...
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_chov.ht...

The first Apostles didn't claim Jesus was a god.

"Jewish Christian movement: Jesus disciples and other followers who fled to the Galilee after Jesus' execution appear to have regrouped in Jerusalem under the leadership of James, one of Jesus' brothers. The group viewed themselves as a reform movement within Judaism. They organized a synagogue, worshiped and brought animals for ritual sacrifice at the Jerusalem Temple. They observed the Jewish holy days, practiced circumcision of their male children, strictly followed Kosher dietary laws, and practiced the teachings of Jesus as they interpreted them to be. They are frequently referred to today as the Jewish Christians.(These should not be confused with followers of modern-day Messianic Judaism who follow an evangelical Christian belief system)

"The Jewish Christians under James included many members who had had close relationship with Jesus. They believed that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah. They viewed Jesus as a great prophet and rabbi, but not as a deity. There are many references in the New Testament to conflicts between the followers of Paul and the Jewish Christians."

Why do some RCC followers promote so many lies?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
Thank you so much, Hank, you're a very dear soul. I went back and read some posts and saw where you were asking about me and Robert said he was praying. It means a great deal, you have no idea. Or maybe you do. Yes, I think you do. Thank you again, my friend. As always, hope you and your family are well. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Hey Regina,

You don't know how glad we are (my wife and myself) to hear that you are ok. My wife kept asking me, "have you heard from her yet?" We both were worried about you.

My wife and I put you on our prayer list and prayed everyday for you. Believe me, we know how those storms can be...we have been through many of them as we are not originally from Virginia.

I am so glad to see that people are helping out.

Do you need anything? I can use my resources and get your some help. Let me know.

Praise the Lord that you are ok.....
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

Mmmmmm...
Probably should be "It was close to 300 years before the Letters of St.Paul were formally declared to be inspired scripture at a council or synod."
The individual churches in various places were using them in the sacred liturgy before such declaration. In fact, it was such usage, which arose out of a sense of the divinely inspiried character of the writings, which led to the formal declaration, rather than the other way around.
I mention this primarily because we have had such misunderstanding by many Prots on this board, as if the CC were claiming that it is the declaration of the Church which made the writings scripture (divinely inspired). What we are actually saying is the RECOGNITION of this is expressed in declaration by the Church, after that first recognition grew within the individual church communities.
Work of the Holy Spirit, all around, in the writer, in the small communities, and finally, in the Council Declaration.
Mass in 2 min. Gotta go!
Rob
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be no evidence of Holy Tongues spoken by Jesus, but they are certainly a gift from Holy Spirit.
John 14:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
""Then Peter said unto them, Repent "(have a change of mind)", and be baptized"" "(i.e. immersed)" every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." "- with the evidence of speaking in tongues - ACTS 2:38.
Tounges:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Orville,

Today, we have the Word of God....we do not need the "speaking of tongues...."

Besides, the "speaking of tongues" was for the Jews....

In the Law it is written:

“With other tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
<<<<<I will speak to this people,>>>>>
but even then they will not listen to me,
says the Lord.”
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>the truth that he and his wife are frauds doesnt bother me in the least. I aint in their skin.
and I would venture to say that I have called him a fraud a 1000 times or more.
God willing, it will be 5000 times in the future.
and you aint never been the type of being "proper" in the first place.
you and I BOTH know that you take turns being on one side or the other, and any person who agrees with you is as two faced as you are.
satisfied? I have always kept quiet as far as you were concerned because i already know the person that you are.lol
Preston says......

.......you and I BOTH know that you take turns being on one side or the other, and any person who agrees with you is as two faced as you are.

satisfied? I have always kept quiet as far as you were concerned because i already know the person that you are.lol

Michael says....

I don't take turns on anything. I am who I am, and if there is a loving God he would be proud to know, I use my own free will and judgements to make decisions, not like you who has so much mental baggage and you have to look to a higher power asking and praying for permission to live. Start thinking for yourself.

If the God you pray to exists, he/she is smart enough to see through your fake ID......and your name calling of others.

Your thinking is mired in shame and guilt, so subscribing to a particular religion can help you Preston, climb to a higher level of awareness.

BUSTED!

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Clay.
The "Church" you speak of was a Jewish sect for about the first 70 years. They worshiped in temples and prayed as Jews. No one thought Jesus was God. That would have been a BIG no-no for the Jews.
(We know this from Jewish writings of the day.)
After the fall off the Temple (when Christian Jews waited for Jesus to return as he promised), it wasn't so cool to be Jewish in the Roman world. The first Gospel was written and the Jewish term "son of God" took on a completely new meaning.
Sorry your faith requires so many easily verifiable lies.
huh??

I never heard that before. I welcome any links you could provide. Otherwise I have to dismiss you as
another bigot, who wishes things te be true, so you believe them.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
Reality 101 for the deniers....
"As shown by the numerous quotations in the New Testament books and other Christian writings of the 1st centuries, early Christians generally used and revered the Jewish Bible as Scripture... "
"Early Christians demonstrated a wide range of beliefs and practices, many of which were later rejected as heretical."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Christiani...
Nothing shocking there.
Keep reaching!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 388,621 - 388,640 of530,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••