Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 18,378)

Showing posts 367,541 - 367,560 of532,115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Garson, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

HaireticBarber wrote:
You would think that th entire Bible is an antiCatholic Manifesto.It seems that this is all that these people draw from it.Curious that if it is an antiCatholic manifesto the Catholics chose the books to include.
Yeah isn't that an oxymoron, they don't even follow or believe the bible . they follow the teaches of the church and its tradition.
LTM

Garson, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the opinion of a serial adulterer carry any weight with a Christian? Rhetorical question as I'm not interested in your response. You've become irrelevant.
Real, He has become irrelevent, wow
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the bible nothing but the bible.
Amen search the scritpures as to weather it be so.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
Well, aren't all the negative judgies just so *special*?
keep 'em coming! I feel very vindicated when I get a lot of them! lol!
and like justachristian said, I just keep hitting too close to Rome.
very gratifying, indeed!
Oh no!!! Now they'll prob'ly REPORT YOU TOO!!!!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

HaireticBarber wrote:
<quoted text> I think JG'sect is the KGB division of the Born Agains.
Old Jawbone, the so-called deacon, has got one of the more colorful potty mouths on this board. He's a plagiarist and refuses to disclose the name of his protestant denomination. They must be pretty hard-up for clergy in his group to ordain this putz.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, every person who recieves Christ as Lord and Savior, Can trace their lineage to the upper room on the day of Pentecost.
God is not respecter of people, it is the Holy Spirit who gives life to our dead spirit and brings us into the family of God.
We become one in Gods family by the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Washed and covered in the same blood of Christ. We all became part of a Holy Priesthood, and Jesus is the High Priest.
When we recieve Christ as Lord and Savior we pass from death into life with Christ. We Spiritual, leave this earthy kingdom and enter into God's Heavenly Kingdom.
We are no longer slaves to sin, our desire is to please God, if we do sin if we confess our sins God is willing and able to forgive us our sins.
There is a purging of the soul Clay, when we are baptised with the Holy Ghost and fire that John the Baptist talked about which can only come from Almighty God who is a ever consuming fire.
While we are alive he is purging us daily, with fire that does not burn consume us.
The 23rd Psalm, "though I pass through the valley of death, thou art with me. " We are passing through the valley of death daily Clay, this world is dying satan is its god, he is called the god of the dead, our God; Almighty God is the God of the Living, He is with us leading us through the valley of death guiding us home.
God is love uncompared to anything we can wrap our minds around.
I pray God's Blessing fall on you today Clay a 100 fold.
When we recieve Christ as Lord and Savior we pass from death into life with Christ.
"We Spiritual, leave this earthy kingdom and enter into God's Heavenly Kingdom."

Amen sis, we have already passed from death unto life, that eleminates purgatory.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many priest and popes would be in purgatory; (if there was such a place) according to the catholic's teaching all of them would be. the catholic church does not and has no authority to make someone a saint, only God makes saints.
right. And the Bible God gave us also tells us that ALL Christians are saints already.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

At a very early period, the exomologesis was divided into four parts or “stations”, and the penitents were grouped in as many different classes according to their progress in penance.

The lower class, the flentes (weeping) remained outside the church door and besought the intercession of the faithful as these passed into the church.

The audientes (hearers) were stationed in the narthex of the church behind the catechumens and were permitted to remain during the Mass of the Catechumens, i.e., until the end of the sermon.

The substrati (prostrate), or genuflectentes (kneeling), occupied the space between the door and the ambo, where they received the imposition of the bishop’s hands or his blessing.

Finally, the consistentes were so called because they were allowed to hear the whole Mass without communicating, or because they remained at their place while the faithful approached the Holy Table.

This grouping into stations originated in the East, where at least the three higher groups are mentioned about A. D. 263 by Gregory Thaumaturgus, and the first or lowest group by St. Basil (Ep. cxcix, e. xxii; ccxvii, c. lvi). In the West the classification did not exist, or at any rate the different stations were not so clearly marked; the penitents were treated pretty much as the catechumens.

The exomologesis terminated with the reconciliation,a solemn function which took place on Holy Thursday just before Mass.

The bishop presided, assisted by his priests and deacons.

A consultation (concilium) was held to determine
which of the penitents deserved readmission;
the Penitential Psalms and the litanies
were recited at the foot of the altar;
the bishop in a brief address reminded the penitents of their obligation to lead henceforth an upright life;the penitents, lighted candles in hand, were then led into the church; prayers, antiphons and responses were said, and, finally, the public absolution was given.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He's suffering from a severe case of schadenfreude.
You have a bad case of vahingonilo you say..........lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Jawbone, the so-called deacon, has got one of the more colorful potty mouths on this board. He's a plagiarist and refuses to disclose the name of his protestant denomination. They must be pretty hard-up for clergy in his group to ordain this putz.
JG is the ideal man in a village that could stir uo the villagers for an old fashion stoning to death of some poor shmuck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
When we pray over our food it is God who blesses it.
When the Pastor is praying over the communion table when he comes to the bread part just hold your bread up,'justachristian' its done in rememberance of Jesus not the bread anyway.
My grandson had a fire in his home last night and he burnt his hands removing a grease pot from the stove. He just moved out on his own wonderful job with all benefits paid. He had a friend over
who put a pot of grease on to cook something then went to sleep. Neighbours called the fire department or they all would have died including a 2 week old baby. My grandsons name is James I am asking for prayers for James, he has backslidden and for his friends as well they were all drinking.
The world is a evil place our young people, need our prayers .
thank you 'justachristian'
The Good Lord was obviously watching over them at that time. And yes, I see nothing wrong with using real bread instead of silly broken crackers. That sounds too close to romanism to me, with their silly baked, embossed 'wafers'. But at least the Pastor still says it is done in symbolic remembrance, and not what romanism falsely claims.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah isn't that an oxymoron, they don't even follow or believe the bible . they follow the teaches of the church and its tradition.
Very curious you say that.Are you familar with the many many Catholics over the Centuries that have focused on the Bible and its truths?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Miriam wrote:
<quoted text>
Copout. You are afraid.
Afraid? Of what? Romanism and its lies? HARDLY, madam.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Was" as in the Church made the determination in the fourth century.
1 Peter 1:15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be HOLY in all you do;
2 Corinthians 7:1 Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting HOLINESS out of reverence for God.
1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a HOLY life.
Many men and women achieve holiness; that's how people get to heaven. Looks like your grandson has some learning to do yet.
Matthew 21:16

And said unto him, Do you hear what these say? And Jesus said unto them, Yea; have you never read, Out of the mouth of babes and infants you have perfected praise?

Psalm 8:2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
----------
Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

Sad ReginaM that you would attack and offend a child in his praise for the Lord.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

dustbunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I've seen everything. If the Catholics had anything to actually complain about, sure, report someone, say for cursing or sleazy comments. But for compacting words on someones' post? I read the posts that were compacted. That's all he did. Big deal. Get over it.
That's okay, Dustbunny ... it only proves their lack of maturity. They feel free to dish it out, but when they get it back, they run to the moderator!!! Whoever the mod is, he will probably have a good laugh.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very proud of my Grandson He is 18 now. He was born with C.P.
He only has 1/4 of his brain the other part is a black mass.
When he was a infant 1 1/2 old he suffered a seizer and he died, the paremedic's revived him. He started to talk about Jesus in terms like My Jesus. He told me that it felt like Jesus tickled him
sometimes. I believe my grandson saw Jesus when he died.
Doctors said he won't walk, today my grandson runs, rides a 2 wheeler, plays all kinds of sport of the Special Olympics.
He still loves the Lord.
Thats GREAT!! I beleieve that the Lord had his hand on your grandson.I also have a grandson that is a special needs child.he also was born with parts on his brain missing.Doctors were not sure what the out come would be.He is 1 now and is advance in his thinking and reasoning for a baby his age.He is 2 to 3 months behind in his motor skills.He is the joy of our life! This baby has a sense of humor which is hard to believe and the doctors are amazed at how he puts things together.At the check out counter at the store he will lean over in the cart and clear his throat several times looking at the cashier trying to get their attention.When the finally look,he will smile at them! It is so funny.he just turned 1 in july 28.And to think when my duaghter was pregnant doctor advised an abortion and she flatly refused and told them never to bring that up again.it is what it is she and her husband said.He is such a happy baby and we get him all the time.He LOVES books and music and dances all the time.I love my other two grandson but we are not allowed to see them.We see them only when my son brings them over my daughters house and his wife allows it.very sad....I always had faith and trusted God that landyn would be ok and so far HE IS!!! eing!We thank the Lord everyday for his health and pray for our our two.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Many men and women achieve holiness???? Who? You....LOL LOL LOL
What man or woman has achieved holiness?
Guess Peanut never read the following:

Romans 3

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

We only stife to be Holy til God makes us so at his coming.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The Predatory Pedophile Priests are the ones shaming the Catholics ... NOT those telling the truth about them. period.
RIGHT ON. And if these crimes were not being committed, then no commenting on them would be the result. They only fool themselves.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 12:14, "Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord."
How can a person become holy? Holiness only results from a right relationship with God by BELIEVING in Jesus Christ as Savior and accepting His gift of eternal life.
IF WE HAVE NOT PLACED OUR FAITH IN GOD'S SON ALONE TO SAVE US FROM OUR SINS, THEN OUR PURSUIT OF HOLINESS IS IN VAIN.
We must first make sure we are born-again believers.
John 3:5-7, 5 "Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you,'You must be born again.'"
If we truly are believers, then we recognize that our position IN CHRIST automatically sets us apart from the world.
1 Peter 2:9-10, 9 "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."
After all, we have a relationship with the living God! Then we must daily live a set-apart life, not trying to "blend in" with the world, but instead living according to God's Word as we study the Bible and grow in it.
Amen!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never have YET -- when do you plan to start?
Two recent lies as told by your fellow Catholic-hating protestant LTM; "Catholics don't read the bible. Catholics pray to Mary more than God."

Both are demonstrably and undeniably false. Both are demonstrably and undeniably contradicted in official Catholic teaching.

Anything else?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 367,541 - 367,560 of532,115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Crazy 8,116
More 6 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 11 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 16 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••