Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,585
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#381798 Aug 19, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>rather have tomato,green letuce,chinese hot mustard
Fussy, fussy!!!! lol!!

Location hidden

#381799 Aug 19, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
what? what? what???? I never heard of bringing your own bread from home.Doesnt it have to be blesses?
No .. the bread and juice are taken as symbols of His body & Blood. Anyhoo, how could a cracker be 'blessed'?!!
Our Lord Jesus used bread, so I reckon my using bread will be fine.:)

Location hidden

#381800 Aug 19, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Gives new meaning to "brown bagging" it.
Did you ever???
Insult all you like, madam. My bringing a small cube of real BREAD to the Lord's Table is much more meaningful than swallowing a dumb cracker. Since Jesus Himself USED BREAD, and told His followers to do likewise, what sin am I supposedly committing?

Location hidden

#381801 Aug 19, 2012
OldJG wrote:
DayStorm wrote:
Trinity rejected in some Protestant Sects:
http://christianity.about.com/od/christiandoc ...
<quoted text>
This person does nothing but lie. Did the Roman Catholics remove another one of the Commandments? LOL
Methinks they ADDED one : "Thou shalt lie about the Christians"...
dustbunny

Canada

#381802 Aug 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
It never ceases to amaze me how Catholics get all bent out of shape when they are being called out on their ability to TOLERATE a CHURCH that systemically hides and shelters PEDOPHILES -- THE MOST. HEINOUS. CRIMINALS. THE WORLD. HAS EVER. KNOWN.-- and they get so hurt by others for telling them the truth - that they need to go running to the *authorities* and reporting perceived wrongdoing.
Yet they don't want young and innocent rape victims reporting to the authorities what has happened to them at the hands of a pedophile priest.
How warped is that? How sick is that?
To protect and support a Church that gives shelter to child predators and yet go screaming to "authorities" when someone points that fundamental flaw out to you?
Don't you realize how much credibility your church loses when you do that? Not that it actually ever DID have credibility at all...what with the Inquisition and its Mafia members and The Crusades...
Geeze ... how can you not feel that the entire existence of your church is (and always has been) for nothing else BUT to support PEDOPHILES and give them a never-ending supply of fresh victims?
Pity the poor "Father" who can't seem to keep his pants zipped up in the presence of children and then beat the children for *squealing* on the poor, poor, Priest.
gag me.
Wake up. OUR telling YOU the truth ... is NOT ABUSE! Not by a long shot. When you look the other way and support a church that PROTECTS CHILD PREDATORS, you deserve to be treated with disrespect.
Justachristian1 wrote:
They really are reminiscent of little kids in the school playground.. running to the teacher every time someone says something they don't like.
They're so 'upset', yet hoho has been told numerous times how boring and repetitive his posts are ... they object to them being livened up, I guess.
Now I've seen everything. If the Catholics had anything to actually complain about, sure, report someone, say for cursing or sleazy comments. But for compacting words on someones' post? I read the posts that were compacted. That's all he did. Big deal. Get over it.

Location hidden

#381803 Aug 19, 2012
The Woffer wrote:
When I was a catholic, many years ago, I went to Confession, and the priest asked me to masturbate in the confessional box. I said, is this what Jesus would want, and he said, it would be on his second coming! Perverts the whole lot!!
THIS, I do not believe.
I am certainly against the romanist religion's false teachings, BUT ..... this is going way off into left field.

Location hidden

#381804 Aug 19, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And "I could care less"
The PROPER term is "I COULDN'T care less". Go take a Grammar course and leave posting alone for a bit...
The Oracle

UK

#381805 Aug 19, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Today the inner workings of the catholic church are not that of a well oiled machine. There is much discension within the ranks of the clergy and the hirearchy. We have just recently been exposed to power struggles between Cardinals in the Vatican. Usually the older versus new ideas of the younger Cardinals/bishops.
Priests form several countries have expressed their desire to end mandatory celebacy. There are many clergy who tell their parishioners to use their own judgement when making decisions on birth control and mortal sin by not going to mandatory sunday mass, and other issues.
We know that today the nuns in america will be making history to either be clamped down by the vatican or go on their own.
There is much discension within the ranks of catholics themselves who are DEEPLY divided on church doctrines, including wanting more say in the structure of the clergy and hirearchy.
Much of above has occured in just the past 50 years,. Imagine what the church will look like 50 years form now?

Imagine indeed!

Location hidden

#381806 Aug 19, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as a little warning...people have gotten into a lot of trouble for changing the writings of others, and I don't mean with topix. Although I doubt Hojo would pursue it, he would be within his rights to do so.
Oh, all right --- I will be a good little kid and stop doing so. Heaven forbid I upset the poor little guy.
DemonicRats R VD Vectors

Los Angeles, CA

#381807 Aug 19, 2012
HaireticBarber wrote:
<quoted text>----------
And this is your mission? To hide behind a computer and attack the Catholic Church. Not even the priests, but good people that go to church and try to live right.Yes, that is really doing something about the problem.You are like that ghost that slimes people.
You paying money and time with them is the same as supporting terrorism or any other organized criminal enterprise.

United States

#381808 Aug 19, 2012
guest wrote:
-
HIDE BEHIND A COMPUTER??.. OH! that is laughable. I sit in the same seat as where you are sitting - while attacking me.
I am so UNLIKE the CLERGY members who HID BEHIND their ROBES and their CRUCIFIX and the church members who would close their eyes to this mess and allow it to continue for CENTURIES!
-
The *ghost that slimes people*?? You are joking, right? When you compare ME to the predatory priests (ULTIMATE *slime* BALLS) who rob children of their innocence by raping them - well, there is just no comparison. I left the Catholic Church for this reason. I don't want to be part of her sins.
Those who remain in the church - remain in her sins. I'M OUT!
-
-
HaireticBarber wrote:
<quoted text>nly a fool would accuse a Catholic who practices their faith (apparently you dont at least here) attends church, prays , fasts, etc of being some kind of coconspirator.I do not attack you. I attack your arrogance and your lack of Christianity. attack your smearing good people and fellow Christians. I attack you thinking you have some handle on the Catholic Church because you come to this ridiculous forum and read newspapers.
-
-
You ARE attacking me.

I am NOT arrogant. I am attacking the arrogance of the Catholic Church and all those who enabled predators for CENTURIES.

Can you honestly tell me what could be MORE ARROGANT than a Priest who believes he has the right to rape a child and then stand and deliver Mass and Communion on Sunday to the PARENTS of that child?

There! I think I ACTUALLY DO have quite a handle on the Catholic Church, actually. Furthermore, I speak from experience, too. I had a close family member commit suicide because of a predatory pedophile priest.

How's that for arrogant?

True Christians do not enable predators.

United States

#381809 Aug 19, 2012
guest wrote:
HA!
had the Catholic Church been doing what the Bible SO CLEARLY spells out and commands Christ's followers to do ...
we would not even be having this discussion, now would we?
soooo
However *wonderful* you want to call me and snidely remark on my level of *purity*
KNOW THIS ...
I AM MORE PURE THAN THOSE WHO ARE PREDATORS AND THOSE WHO COVER UP FOR PREDATORS!
And by that measure alone, I am qualified to speak out about it.
how is it you just don't understand that?
unless you would prefer I kept my mouth shut because you have something to hide yourself? Seems this is the M.O. of the Catholic Clergy ... they all keep their mouth shut so they can commit the same sin against children?
So then this means they CONSPIRED to cover this up, and too many children were hurt as a result.
-
-
HaireticBarber wrote:
<quoted text>Forget the predators. You are not going to do anything about it anyway besides rant and rave here to present yourself holier than thou. Really read the Bible. Forget ther Catholic Church if you are not Catholic. Instead read the ible. Focus on your own sins and your own spirituality.It will not massage your ego like these posts do. t will humble you. That's where you need to be.
-
-
WHAT?*Forget the predators?* surely you must jest! The Catholic Church has done such a GOOD JOB of forgetting the predators ... that ... well, look where it has gotten them!

Perhaps you need to tell the Predatory Pedophile Priests to read the Bible if they would be humbled.

And, the fact of the matter is: Even an ATHEIST is *holier* than a Priest who Preys on the children. So, even if I were Atheist, I would be holier than a predatory priest! Somehow Catholics just can't seem to wrap their brains around that concept.

United States

#381810 Aug 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
had the Catholic Church been doing what the Bible SO CLEARLY spells out and commands Christ's followers to do ...
we would not even be having this discussion, now would we?
soooo
However *wonderful* you want to call me and snidely remark on my level of *purity*
KNOW THIS ...
I AM MORE PURE THAN THOSE WHO ARE PREDATORS AND THOSE WHO COVER UP FOR PREDATORS!
And by that measure alone, I am qualified to speak out about it.
how is it you just don't understand that?
unless you would prefer I kept my mouth shut because you have something to hide yourself? Seems this is the M.O. of the Catholic Clergy ... they all keep their mouth shut so they can commit the same sin against children?
So then this means they CONSPIRED to cover this up, and too many children were hurt as a result.
-
-
HaireticBarber wrote:
<quoted text>You yoyo.You are a hero for not keeping your mouth shit about a church you do not even belong to.On a blog. hahahah
-
yo-yo? if that's all you got, it ain't much!

The truth hurts those who lie, and cheat, and murder, and torture and rape children. The Catholic Church is guilty of all those things. So go ahead and call me a yo-yo!

United States

#381811 Aug 19, 2012
Well, aren't all the negative judgies just so *special*?

keep 'em coming! I feel very vindicated when I get a lot of them! lol!

and like justachristian said, I just keep hitting too close to Rome.

very gratifying, indeed!
LTM

Garson, Canada

#381812 Aug 19, 2012
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my -- run now and report yourself to the moderator, madam... that's what you love to do, right? LOL!
I wonder how many priest and popes would be in purgatory; (if there was such a place) according to the catholic's teaching all of them would be. the catholic church does not and has no authority to make someone a saint, only God makes saints.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#381813 Aug 19, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many priest and popes would be in purgatory; (if there was such a place) according to the catholic's teaching all of them would be. the catholic church does not and has no authority to make someone a saint, only God makes saints.
I would think very few people die and go straight to Heaven. Most of us would need to go through a purification process, since "nothing unclean shall enter Heaven".

Anyway, the Catholic Church DOES have authority. We irrefutably can trace our lineage to the upper room on Pentecost. The Apostles had authority and passed it on to those they ordained.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#381814 Aug 19, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very proud of my Grandson He is 18 now. He was born with C.P.
He only has 1/4 of his brain the other part is a black mass.
When he was a infant 1 1/2 old he suffered a seizer and he died, the paremedic's revived him. He started to talk about Jesus in terms like My Jesus. He told me that it felt like Jesus tickled him
sometimes. I believe my grandson saw Jesus when he died.
Doctors said he won't walk, today my grandson runs, rides a 2 wheeler, plays all kinds of sport of the Special Olympics.
He still loves the Lord.
That is beautiful.
LTM

Garson, Canada

#381815 Aug 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
TRUE Christians have the right to judge others ... it's very clearly written in The Bible:
<quoted text>
I am posting this who scripture guest.
1 Corinthians 5 >>
New International Version 1984

----------

Expel the Immoral Brother!

1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father’s wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful naturea may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

6Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.

9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside.“Expel the wicked man from among you.”b

----------
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#381816 Aug 19, 2012
OldJG wrote:
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He's suffering from a severe case of schadenfreude
<quoted text>
The pain and trauma of the victim? If you are so concerned with the pain and trauma of the victim quit providing the sodomite homosexual perverts with the funds to defend their acts.
<quoted text>
Let me see, you must be what, 12? If you are a Roman Catholic and give money to your cult you are supporting the sodomite homosexual perverts.
<quoted text>
What are you, meat head?
What are you? How come you never state what religion you subscribe to?
is it because you'll look like an idiot because we can prove your founder is some dude, who opened up a converted store into a church; opened up the bible and declared himself Pope and prophet, and began to teach as a self proclaimed authority!!! lol lol.
You all are alike. Y
ou come from man made cults.
It doesn't matter if you now boast 50,000 members.
Your origin is only a couple hundred yrs ago and began with a man.
LTM

Garson, Canada

#381817 Aug 19, 2012
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No .. the bread and juice are taken as symbols of His body & Blood. Anyhoo, how could a cracker be 'blessed'?!!
Our Lord Jesus used bread, so I reckon my using bread will be fine.:)
When we pray over our food it is God who blesses it.
When the Pastor is praying over the communion table when he comes to the bread part just hold your bread up,'justachristian' its done in rememberance of Jesus not the bread anyway.
My grandson had a fire in his home last night and he burnt his hands removing a grease pot from the stove. He just moved out on his own wonderful job with all benefits paid. He had a friend over
who put a pot of grease on to cook something then went to sleep. Neighbours called the fire department or they all would have died including a 2 week old baby. My grandsons name is James I am asking for prayers for James, he has backslidden and for his friends as well they were all drinking.
The world is a evil place our young people, need our prayers .
thank you 'justachristian'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 1 hr bmz 1,989
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Cultastic 8,909
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web