Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599628 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#361604 May 31, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge anyone to PROVE evolution with facts.
After the Creation....evolution...some by the Laws of Nature...some through selective breeding, some by way of mutation, or a combination of the three....

The homing pigeon is a variety of domestic pigeon derived from the Rock Pigeon (Columba livia domestica) selectively bred to find its way home over extremely long distances.

The mule was not Created...it evolved from selective breeding...a donkey (jack) with a female horse (mare)...

There are countless breeds of dogs, cattle, horses...mostly evolved from selective breeding....

Think about it. Noah took on board a pair of each animal..if no evolution....all animals today would be carbon copies of the originals.....
Pad

Rockford, IL

#361605 May 31, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>462
SBC....Catholic....I know of no Christian denomination that does not believe in the Holy Trinity........God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit..
The Apostolic united pentecostal church believes that Jesus is the Father as well as the Son. It is called ONENESS theology.Some of them are confused about how they believe it as well.I wondered if somehow you were getting into some theology that denies the Father-Son and Holy Spirit,but believes that Jesus is the only ONE,basically no Father or Holy Spirit.

Or maybe that you are having second thoughts concerning the Deity of Jesus?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361606 May 31, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And without controversy great is the (((mystery))) of godliness:
>>>>GOD was manifest in the FLESH<<<<,
justified in the Spirit,
seen of angels,
preached unto the Gentiles,
BELIEVED ON in the world,
RECEIVED UP into glory."
--1 Timothy 3:16
mystery
a: a religious truth that one can know only by revelation and cannot fully understand
Love,

Jesus proves Himself to be God by offering divinity, which if He were not God He could not give.

If Christ was only man, how did He say, "Before Abraham was, I Am? " For no man can be before Him from whom he himself is; nor can it be that any one should have been prior to him of whom he himself has taken his origin.

And yet Christ, although He is born of Abraham, says that He is before Abraham.

Either, therefore, He says what is not true, and deceives, if He was not before Abraham, seeing that He was of Abraham; or He does not deceive, if He is also God, and was before Abraham.

And if this were not so, it follows that, being of Abraham, He could not be before Abraham.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#361607 May 31, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>John was seeing a vision. He was on the Island of Patmos surrounded by water/sea. Looking forward he was no longer in his suroundings because he was in a spiritual state. I believe this is what he meant by stating there was no more sea. Not that there would be no sea in the future.
We all have the God-given right to believe His Word...or not. I believe every word in the verse I quoted...verbatim...in the purest of literal sense.

Look at the first three words: "And I saw"...
Re 21:1 ¶ And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361608 May 31, 2012
Jesus did not just show up and say, "I have arrived, look at Me!"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361609 May 31, 2012
John 17:5

5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361610 May 31, 2012
Exodus 3:13-15

13 Moses said to God,“Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses,“I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I am has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses,“Say to the Israelites,‘The Lord, the God of your fathers —the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob —has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361611 May 31, 2012
One of the most powerful statements in the Scripture is about Jesus’ divinity.

Two things of great importance: He claimed He existed before Abraham. He also applied God’s holy name to Himself.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361612 May 31, 2012
Titus 2:10

10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about ~~~~~God our Savior~~~~~ attractive.

OK...NOW LOOK....IMPORTANT!!!

Titus 2:13

13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great *****God and Savior, Jesus Christ,*****

[[[[[Jesus is called both God and Savior!]]]]]
Pad

Rockford, IL

#361613 May 31, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
KayMarie....am ready to receive your answer.....399395
If Christ be God the Father, why did He say regards His Second Coming: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
If He were God the Father, would not He know the date of His return????!!!!!
<quoted text>
I see a faint flicker of light at the end of the tunnel!!!
A.Christ was also fully human as well as fully divine.
Absolutely.....Your religion, and the SBC, teach that He shared, completely, the Divinity of God the Father...
OK, Oxbow I see where you are going,and what the debate is with several other Christians.The fact remains for us Christians,that often we do not view G O D in the right context,we try with human reasoning to Look upon God as One individual,preferably of course the Father of us all and so on.But there is a small chip in the glass as it were to be able to understand the Trinity and not to go to one extreme or another.

Personally I do prefer the w o r d used in Galatians((GODHEAD)).Now what I will share with you of course is not my own opinion,as it really is not up for us to have a private interpretation of the things of God,as if we did on every end we would never have had a clear understanding of anything to do with God to begin with.

The whole body of Christ should and does believe in the Trinity,it is expounded by so many,some have wonderful ways of describing the beauty and Majesty of the Trinity,and some have a simple view of it,but nevertheless they all respect and honor our God who is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah is the Prophet that brought out the greatest aspect of the Father in God,the ONE and Only God,who alone is glorified,no one can match Him,He has no equals,and He is the only Savior,all shall kneel and bow to His Name and glory.Yet in Isaiah we see references to the ONE whom the Father has called,from His own loins as it were,to be the Chosen ONE,and Anointed,both to live,and Die and Return again.

Jesus is not the Father,He is One with the Father in Purpose,majesty,and dominion,and ACTION,because the Father is the Head of the Godhead.The Holy Spirit is a PERSON of the Godhead,and He is definitely not the Father or the Son,but He is One in Purpose,majesty and dominion, and ACTION.

Jesus does not know when the Father will send Him,because the Father knows,is the Head,and He is all that IS,as the Prophet Isaiah was revealed about Him and the Son who was called.

God is what we all have a glimpse of in understanding.G o d is not a One Person He who can be seen in our eyes as a human being with a beard,Old,yet Jesus is young.Those are our images we make of them.

God is the Composite of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit,three distinct personages,each with a major role of characteristic and Office in the Godhead.The book of Galatians brings out the W o r d GODHEAD,and that is the most clearest picture we can receive of the whole reality of G O D.

GODHEAD just in its meaning shows a corporate reality.Just as we have so many councils and groups of Board members in a given corporation,the GODHEAD is a council a Board of members,but ONE entity totally unable to be penetrated by outside influence.God is One,and the Jews and the Muslims view God as one Person type,who alone rules the heavens and the Earth.One distinct Being is God to so many on this planet,and we understand that and agree whole heartedly that God is ONE.

But God is the corporate of all Holiness,and Power,Glory,Sovereignty,Majest y, WISDOM.AND God is the Father-Son-Holy Spirit,all three consumed with the Holiness,power,Majesty,Soverei gnty of the GODHEAD.NO part of GOD is Created,as all three were from the beginning,and we human beings probably will never understand fully the extent of the Glory of the GODHEAD. Continued.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361614 May 31, 2012
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true at all, Michael. Why make crap up?
In the early sixties I was receiving a fine parochial school education and the nuns and priests started teaching us evolution in about fifth or sixth grade.
I transfered to a public school in seventh grade and they promoted me to eighth grade after about two weeks.
The Catholic education curricula was light years ahead of the public school's.
God takes good care of His people.
You went to parochial school until grade 8. You state that by the 8th grade for reasons unknown transfer to a public school indicating to us that the catholic curricula was light years ahead of the public schools. The public schools pay attention to your good works, and REWARD you, and move you ahead one year giving you an opportunity to enter the work force 1 year sooner after post secondary education. You praise the catholic schools but the catholic system fails to acknowledge your inteligence while you attended, and holds you back. but come on this forum praising the catholic curricula.........doesn't make sense unless someone is BIAS!

Its obvious you had a built in bias towards the public system (that rewarded you) before you even attended.

I too attended parochial school 1955 until 63. I remember the nuns and the parish priest coming over. Opted to go to a public high school which for the VERY FIRST TIME opened my eyes to others in our world that had other beliefs, other directions in their life, getting away from one sided, repetative learning of only one religion, which doesn't prepare you for years later understanding people of other faiths and belief structures. A built in bias is taught in parochial schools.

THANK GOD I got I made a great decision to opt for public high school which taught me among my peers that catholicism is just a one man band trying to pollute your mind with ONLY ONE vision.

When in parochial school in NO class subjects was the word EVOLUTION ever mentioned. The nuns who taught, and parish priest that visited often talked about this place called Limbo where unbaptized babies go. My parents talked about Limbo. Just the last few years the church clarified Limbo was just a theory and doesn't exist.

I feel sorry for the thousands of catholics over centuries who were taught by the church and beleived their infant babies that died went to this special place called Limbo.........NOT SO! But it took until 2008 for the Pope to finally acknowledge it doesn't exist.........UNBELIEVABLE!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361615 May 31, 2012
.....and I thought the Holy Spirit guided the voting proceedure to install a new Pope. We were wrong.

We are now learning that powerful Cardinal Bertone is stacking the deck of Italian Cardinals so once Benedict is out of the way, it will be back to an Italian Pope.

All these years catholics were taught that the Holy Spirit secretly divinely inspires the voting cardinals of who to vote for the next pope. It is obvious now that is just a SHAM, and catholics have been had again.

I am stating today the next Pope will be Italian, not because the Holy Spirit picks him as the winner but the powerful lobbying of Cardinals THEMSELVES are stacking the deck without ANY help what so ever from the HOLY SPIRIT.

This is how it has always been. Catholics fooled again.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#361616 May 31, 2012
Continued: the GODHEAD. God is the Father,The Son and the Holy Spirit.There is no separating them in the glory of the Corporate Existence of God.But it is quite obvious from Scripture that the Father has His own characteristics and desires,that are not completely seen in the Son.Jesus we know is the Incarnate,and His role takes on the humanity as well as the Divine.He conveys to His Father what His will is concerning the earth,and the Father knows the Son,as the Son KNEW the Father,they never disagree in intent and Purpose.

The Father has given to the Son all power,and glory,and He has been given all that concerns the relationship between God and Man as our MEDIATOR.

The Father,Son and Holy Spirit is not just a n analogy to explain the ACTION, and Purpose of God,so we human beings can better understand,but from the beginning,as there really is no beginning with God,we cannot fathom it in our minds;God is Father-Son and Holy Spirit.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361617 May 31, 2012
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361618 May 31, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Jesus held up BREAD.....not His FLESH.
B..R..E..A..D.....!!!
S.Y.M.B.O.L.I.C..........
NOT L.I.T.E.R.A.L..........
Why did Jesus hold up bread and not a piece of His flesh?
Because Jesus had NOT died on the cross yet....

There was NO body...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361619 May 31, 2012
Pad wrote:
Continued: the GODHEAD. God is the Father,The Son and the Holy Spirit.There is no separating them in the glory of the Corporate Existence of God.But it is quite obvious from Scripture that the Father has His own characteristics and desires,that are not completely seen in the Son.Jesus we know is the Incarnate,and His role takes on the humanity as well as the Divine.He conveys to His Father what His will is concerning the earth,and the Father knows the Son,as the Son KNEW the Father,they never disagree in intent and Purpose.
The Father has given to the Son all power,and glory,and He has been given all that concerns the relationship between God and Man as our MEDIATOR.
The Father,Son and Holy Spirit is not just a n analogy to explain the ACTION, and Purpose of God,so we human beings can better understand,but from the beginning,as there really is no beginning with God,we cannot fathom it in our minds;God is Father-Son and Holy Spirit.
I have asked you this before.

If the trinity had a sole purpose just 2,000 years ago, and you believe the Trinity has ALWAYS existed (hard to fathom) what purpose did the Trinity have for all time before that?

If God stated he created heaven and earth, where was God before he created heaven? What purpose did God serve if there was nothingness for all time previous?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#361620 May 31, 2012
Pad wrote:
I have a correction to make in Scriptural reference,that is to the GODHEAD,it is in the book of Colossians,mostly chapter one.Sorry I put Galatians and it should have been Colossians.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#361621 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked you this before.
If the trinity had a sole purpose just 2,000 years ago, and you believe the Trinity has ALWAYS existed (hard to fathom) what purpose did the Trinity have for all time before that?
If God stated he created heaven and earth, where was God before he created heaven? What purpose did God serve if there was nothingness for all time previous?
Your asking me this question Michael,why don't you try asking the LORD this? LOL. What makes you think that God only has ONE PURPOSE a sole Purpose?

Well there is one thing that is true concerning all that the Bible states,and that 2,000 years ago God decided to introduce to the world not only His Son,but that of the GODHEAD.God knows what aspect of His glory to reveal when and where.Abraham was given a glimpse as it were into the Awesomeness of God,when He actually spoke to Abraham in a voice. Moses found out that God really meant business in creating a human family that would not only worship Him,but would daily see Him as their guide and King of their nation.

The old testament is far beyond the 2,000 years of HIS Time for what you say was His sole purpose.But we see that God's purpose was always to have some sort of relationship with Humanity.There are similar things in all religions that prove that God has often tried to interject His sovereignty into human life.

We have yet to know even how the Sumerians viewed God and were influenced in some way by HIM.

As for the span of time we cannot see before the creation of this planet,I am sorry but my puny brain cannot give you a substantial reply to your question concerning this.But I praise God Michael,that He would even reveal anything to me a nobody,and that He would give me any thing of Himself so that I can believe in Him,my whole life,and spend an eternity with Him in the end.

God is the Creator of all things,Father knows best,and He will give to you whatever you desire from Him that includes His will.What is His will?Well for one it is to KNOW HIM who created you for His own glory and purpose.He desires that you come to Him with the questions that another human being cannot answer for you,try it sometime.If you do not get an immediate response try again,give Him the opportunity to see that you mean business with Him.

We often on this planet tell each other about God's demands for the human race,but I can assure you that God is willing to hear from you,and to even hear your complaints,and deepest yearnings concerning all that troubles you especially about HIM,the Almighty.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361622 May 31, 2012
Psalm 49:7-9

7 No one can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for them—

8 the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough—

9 so that they should live on forever
and not see decay.
LTM

Canada

#361623 May 31, 2012
Pad wrote:
Wonderful post Pad, Excellent explanation, of the Holy Trinity.
Jesus talk and spoke about the Father as a Person which He is. Jesus also spoke of the Holy Spirit as a person which we know He is.
3 distinct persons, One Holy Righteous Almighty God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 min Redeemed 84,311
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 9 hr MikeF 264
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web